Most Efficient Setup To Farm Emp. Weapons?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Most efficient setup to farm Emp. weapons?
Most efficient setup to farm Emp. weapons?
 Bismarck.Hojutu
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hojutu
By Bismarck.Hojutu 2011-03-21 19:12:11  
This is a question for anyone who has farmed and finished multiple emp. weapons in a low-man (6 or less people) group. What is the most efficient set of jobs?

I know that a WAR, NIN, and WHM can probably kill all the NMs and has 100% red trigger for farming key items. However, this setup would be limited to holding 3 pop sets and could not effectively target multiple NMs if things were crowded. This bare minimum setup also can not trigger yellow reliably on the 2nd stage NMs that drop AF3 +2 items.

The absolute minimum for 100% yellow trigger plus treasure hunter seems to be THF, BLU/NIN, BLM/BRD, WHM/RDM. A reasonable 6 person setup seems like it would just be to add a MNK/WAR and a main BRD while switching the BLM to an appropriate sub-job.

My initial thought is to want to go with as few members as possible to limit the total number of weapons for the group to finish. So, could a 3 or 4 person group finish all members' weapons faster than 6 people could finish 6 weapons? I realize that which weapons need to be finished may make a large difference as some are much easier to farm than others, but I am just wondering about general efficiency of farming KI plus killing the NMs.

Any advice or suggestions from people who have finished multiple weapons within a set group of people would be greatly appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2011-03-21 19:16:20  
Bismarck.Hojutu said:
This is a question for anyone who has farmed and finished multiple emp. weapons in a low-man (6 or less people) group. What is the most efficient set of jobs?

I know that a WAR, NIN, and WHM can probably kill all the NMs and has 100% red trigger for farming key items. However, this setup would be limited to holding 3 pop sets and could not effectively target multiple NMs if things were crowded. This bare minimum setup also can not trigger yellow reliably on the 2nd stage NMs that drop AF3 +2 items.

The absolute minimum for 100% yellow trigger plus treasure hunter seems to be THF, BLU/NIN, BLM/BRD, WHM/RDM. A reasonable 6 person setup seems like it would just be to add a MNK/WAR and a main BRD while switching the BLM to an appropriate sub-job.

My initial thought is to want to go with as few members as possible to limit the total number of weapons for the group to finish. So, could a 3 or 4 person group finish all members' weapons faster than 6 people could finish 6 weapons? I realize that which weapons need to be finished may make a large difference as some are much easier to farm than others, but I am just wondering about general efficiency of farming KI plus killing the NMs.

Any advice or suggestions from people who have finished multiple weapons within a set group of people would be greatly appreciated.
I usually help out my friends when i see them in the same zone as me. They're usually set up like this: BLM WAR NIN THF WHM & usually me on THF
That imo would be the best setup, but screw 2 thfs, i usually tag along so that the other thf can change to RDM or something.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-21 19:16:24  
WAR, NIN, WHM, THF. Other then that, bring in mules, people that want exp, anything you want to hold KI's and such. Don't NEED the THF, but its nice a better shot at getting 2 upgrade items instead of 1. WAR and NIN are obviously for procs, could knock out the WAR if no one has, and still cover most. So basically, NIN and WHM, WAR and THF being luxury, and everything else to hold KI's.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-21 19:20:36  
You need to specify your question more. The best setup "to farm emp weapons" is not going to give a crap about yellow triggers because you're going to be killing so many of that nm that it's completely pointless.

My personal lowman setup that I've used for dagger and sword is NIN + THF + WHM. You miss shadow of death, freezebite, and raiden thrust (unfortunately I don't have the pitchfork). While having more people will allow you to farm nms faster, you also have to kill twice as many nms (for everyone's empyrean weapon). You're also still subjected to the 10-15m wait time for timed spawn nms anyway. It's not like the pop nms take more than 30 seconds to kill. IMO it's much faster the less people you take.

Overall, I would think NIN WHM THF WAR would be the ideal empyrean setup, but NIN THF WHM works great too.
[+]
 Asura.Dtroyy
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-03-21 19:21:43  
Bismarck.Helel said:
You need to specify your question more. The best setup "to farm emp weapons" is not going to give a crap about yellow triggers because you're going to be killing so many of that nm that it's completely pointless.

My personal lowman setup that I've used for dagger and sword is NIN + THF + WHM. You miss shadow of death, freezebite, and raiden thrust (unfortunately I don't have the pitchfork). While having more people will allow you to farm nms faster, you also have to kill twice as many nms (for everyone's empyrean weapon). You're also still subjected to the 10-15m wait time for timed spawn nms anyway. It's not like the pop nms take more than 30 seconds to kill. IMO it's much faster the less people you take.

Overall, I would think NIN WHM THF WAR would be the ideal empyrean setup, but NIN THF WHM works great too.

/thread!
 Sylph.Quiznor
サーバ: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-21 19:27:29  
Yeah you only need to proc red really if its JUST about empyrean items.Other than that hope your THF's TH doesnt suck
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-03-21 19:36:44  
If you absolutely want someone to stagger yellow, get a buddy who has all the jobs/spells (BLM BLU BRD). Warp and switch when spells don't stagger. ...though, might want to have BRD gear on to be safe, as that needs to land to stagger, and BLM and BLU spells (aside from 1000 Needles and Seedspray) land guaranteed.