Is Final Fantasy X-2 Canon?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » is Final Fantasy X-2 canon?
is Final Fantasy X-2 canon?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:37:36  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
There is no understanding Gary Oak. Merely losing.

i've felt his girth personally

no one knows him like i do
 Asura.Sandolphon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 19:37:47  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Who gets the final say on if something is or isn't canonical? Is it Amano who draws the characters and creates their appearance? Or how about Uematsu who composes the music? Or Nomura, another character designer? Or maybe the person who designed the sprite? Or maybe even the company that owns the license? Or maybe, just maybe, its the FANZ.

Or what appears in the game.
OH I SEE SO THIS IS CANON RIGHT THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED?!?!????!!!!
Cameo.
You said what appears in the game is canon. So...Terra's a cameo in FFVI then...yes?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:38:22  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Neon the hedgehog is Sonics evil brother that can turn into super Neon at will and is a karate master and has a katana that he can summon with his mind and he holds the power of a god inside of him that he can call up when he's in danger

Neon hates rap and loves green day

Original character do not steal.

BRB MAKING DAT MOD

NEW CANON GUYS LETS GET THIS DONE
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:38:34  
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Who gets the final say on if something is or isn't canonical? Is it Amano who draws the characters and creates their appearance? Or how about Uematsu who composes the music? Or Nomura, another character designer? Or maybe the person who designed the sprite? Or maybe even the company that owns the license? Or maybe, just maybe, its the FANZ.

Cameo.
You said what appears in the game is canon. So...Terra's a cameo in FFVI then...yes?
In the primary game, Canon.

In a side game or a game not correctly linked to the main game, Cameo.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:39:05  
Let's make this simple:

All characters/events that occur in a game and its direct sequels are canon unless explicitly stated otherwise (eg alternative endings - which is canon?); if a character appears in a game that is not his native game or its direct sequels, it is safe to assume that it is not canonical to the universe of that character's game, because it is separate from it.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 19:39:44  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Cameo.

I love these *** terms you use. "Side game", "Main game", "Primary game". Those have no meaning, my hair is a bird.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:40:08  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Cameo.

nuh uh bro now we need to link to dictionaries and argue semantics for 7 pages before storming out out of the thread cause god forbid someone admit they're wrong
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 19:40:14  
Sandolphon makes a good point. How is Terra and Locke not just cameos?
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 19:40:21  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Let's make this simple:

All characters/events that occur in a game and its direct sequels are canon unless explicitly stated otherwise (eg alternative endings - which is canon?); if a character appears in a game that is not his native game or its direct sequels, it is safe to assume that it is not canonical to the universe of that character's game, because it is separate from it.
But X-2 isn't canon, we confirmed this.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:40:29  
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Cameo.

I love these *** terms you use. "Side game", "Main game", "Primary game". Those have no meaning, my hair is a bird.

lol called it
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:40:30  
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Cameo.

They do have meaning.

Main game normally means the main game.

Side game means a game on the side.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:40:49  
Because they are native to the game they are in, directly tied into the main storyline?

You must be trying to be this stupid, honestly.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-21 19:41:00  

vs.

vs.

Amano is an amazing artist, but a weird character designer. I wonder who was the badass in charge of the dorky SD ones.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:41:11  
Asura.Ashleh said:

you're right bro, now that you put it that way i understand

hell, all characters are cameos amirite

unless it's fanfic of course
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:41:29  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Because they are native to the game they are in, directly tied into the main storyline?

nuh uh bro
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:41:32  
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Let's make this simple:

No, you haven't. X-2 is a direct sequel to X. Not a side game. Direct sequel, unless you'd like to argue the -2 implies something else.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:42:00  
Asura.Ashleh said:

You can't cameo in the first thing you show up in.

"A cameo role or cameo appearance (often shortened to just cameo) is a brief appearance of a known person in a work of the performing arts, such as plays, films, video games and television. These roles are generally small, many of them non-speaking ones, and are commonly either appearances in a work in which they hold some special significance (such as actors from an original movie appearing in its remake), or renowned people making uncredited appearances."
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:42:13  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Let's make this simple:

No, you haven't. X-2 is a direct sequel to X. Not a side game. Direct sequel, unless you'd like to argue the -2 implies something else.

clearly a fanfic
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:43:19  
But fanfics are more canon than the material they are based on - this would make it canon!
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 19:44:20  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Cameo.

They do have meaning.

Here you clearly see my game shelf. Which one is the main game? I see South Park is a side game to Starfox so either Cartman or Starfox is making a cameo. So that would make South Park a Starfox game?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:44:24  
Oh god my brain
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:44:45  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
But fanfics are more canon than the material they are based on - this would make it canon!

well uh yeah duh

i'm just making the point that it's a hell of a lot more canon than that ripoff FFX, which was a mere videogame

and all its chars were cameos
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:45:15  
Okay, you're trolling. I sincerely hope...
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 19:45:20  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Let's make this simple:

X-2 isn't canon because the story *** sucks. Case, closed.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:45:38  
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:

Cameo.

They do have meaning.

Here you clearly see my game shelf. Which one is the main game? I see South Park is a side game to Starfox so either Cartman or Starfox is making a cameo. So that would make South Park a Starfox game?

Lol so randum XDDDDDDDDD

In all seriousness, if you can't grasp the semantics of the point I'm making then feel free to leave.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-21 19:45:47  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

You lose the battle so you start insulting people? Is that how it works? Wow... real mature.

You just can't understand anything out of your comfort zone or blanket box. What's in-game isn't canon, I'm sorry... that's just FACT. Fan-fiction, concept art, and anything else outside of the game is canon. Tidus in FFX isn't canon because he's just a cameo appearance, and so is Squall in FF8 and Kuja in FFIX. What determines which characters are merely cameo appearances is based solely on the viewer and doesn't need any kind of proof to back it up.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-21 19:46:17  
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Sandolphon said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Let's make this simple:

Canon doesn't work like that.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-21 19:46:23  
Asura.Sandolphon said:

I feel it would be a waste of my time justifying a response to this.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-21 19:46:23  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Okay, you're trolling. I sincerely hope...

who are you talking to of course i'm not trolling and how dare you imply it
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-21 19:47:05  
I'm done reading this thread. I'mma die if I hear the word canon one more time.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10