users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Low Man Dynamis Xarbacard
Low Man Dynamis Xarbacard
 Fairy.Rikhu
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-03-17 04:27:47  
Thinking about run this Dyna with 12 ppl, is it do able?
Anyone have good strategy link how this can be done, i want to focus only AF2 farm, not to fight Dynamis Lord.

This is scratch i make
User submitted image
Time Extension ( 30 Min) (in red)
Tombstone Prototype 94
Statue Prototype 529
Icon Prototype 382
Statue Prototype 454
Tombstone Prototype 233

Red path will be the route i take, green path if have an extra time to farm. Not sure its good or not. Any good route and strategy for Farming AF2?
 Fairy.Bigboy
user: bigboy
By Fairy.Bigboy 2009-03-17 04:45:50  
you'd prob want to skip pull 52 196 202 10 337 358 and aim for time extension 382 and 233 first then start to farm. NM's drop rate is usually 1/15 for us so better going after requalar mobs if your going with 12, unless you have a sac'er with a full buffer
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-03-17 05:02:30  
icic, so go straight to time extension first? im thinking to let Thf pull Count Zaebos and Marquis Decarabia + some mob, meanwhile the remaining ppl kill Duke Berith for RDM af2.

still blind about this low ppl run.. need more information, maybe i'll take your advice to kill regular mob only XD
 Fairy.Bigboy
user: bigboy
By Fairy.Bigboy 2009-03-17 05:09:08  
thf will die very fast as not much room to kite and wouldnt you want TH on the RDM nm, unless your going with 2x thf
 Garuda.Crayne
サーバ: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-03-17 05:22:37  
Remember that 52 is a dud statue (just there for looks, really) and that the surrounding eyes (36, 39, 42, 47) They pop a buttload of of other mobs (namely 37 38 40 41 43 44 45 46), which iirc are all SMN mobs. There's a reason even LSs with 40+ people skip that pull (unless farming towards the end of a run), lol.

Personally, if I had 12 players...unless they're really really good and have ridiculously awesome gear...I'd skip even going near the Eye Wall (eyes 434 439 442 445 448 451) for the same reason...unless you're doing a few sack pulls (a potential waste of time depending on kill speed), you're gonna be sitting with ~30 mobs on top of you, and a good few are BLMs.

My LS usually bypasses pulling the group (1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16) to save time, even on farming runs. It usually turns in to one mass link if we pull it.

I'm not really sure what to say other than that...I'm far from an expert at this stuff, and I usually have a quantity over quaality group...we do stuff by shear numbers. Pimp gear? what's that?

(Ok, so some of us DO have some nice stuff...)
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-03-17 05:23:56  
ok, too much headache to kill a NM with 12 ppl,i'll skip. lol

this run should be simple and fun, you have suggestion what setup suitable for this run?
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-03-17 05:32:43  
Crayne said:
Remember that 52 is a dud statue (just there for looks, really) and that the surrounding eyes (36, 39, 42, 47) They pop a buttload of of other mobs (namely 37 38 40 41 43 44 45 46), which iirc are all SMN mobs. There's a reason even LSs with 40+ people skip that pull (unless farming towards the end of a run), lol.

I'd skip even going near the Eye Wall (eyes 434 439 442 445 448 451) for the same reason...unless you're doing a few sack pulls (a potential waste of time depending on kill speed), you're gonna be sitting with ~30 mobs on top of you, and a good few are BLMs.

My LS usually bypasses pulling the group (1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16) to save time, even on farming runs. It usually turns in to one mass link if we pull it.

Noted on that, thanks Crayne. I want shoping soon, flood this thread with opinion please, ill read it one by one. Later guys, Thanks in advance.
 Siren.Wiccaan
サーバ: Siren
user: Wiccaan
By Siren.Wiccaan 2009-03-17 13:41:41  
First time statue can be 1 shotted by a RNG which makes for a quick bypass instead of pulling and having someone run in too early and getting hate then wiping everyone.

The first tower time statue can be easily done with a THF sac pulling the eyes to the south towards 202 and such, theres a rock that you can stop at which wont aggro anything else and you can safely reraise. Once the two eyes that are needed to be killed are dead, BLMs can time nuke the time statue from behind the tower.

After that it's basically however you want to do the pulls for the other towers and such. If you have the BLMs to do it (4 or 5) you can -aga the eyes in each NM tower and 1 shot them instead of sac pulling a ton. Then if you have enough tanks you can pull all 3 mobs at once and just kite two while fighting one. If not, you can have a THF sac pull them one at a time, theres safe spots to die for every tower.

If the people you are going with are unexperienced, I'd also say avoid the wall of eyes. It can get really messy fast. You can clear it out with a lot of sac pulling with low numbers though. The method I am used to is working from the bottom up. Try to have a few people pull ~2 eyes and 4 mobs each time off the sac puller and you can clear it semi-quick. And get the time statue about half way through clearing it.

Good luck :D
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-17 13:55:02  
Our ls did a 13 man run in xarc once, it was a holiday or something, lots of ppl were away. It was rough, we only had 1 drop (RDM), cant remember how it looked with the currency. But i think everyone agreed afterwards that low man xarc wasnt worth it. We all died ALOT, lol. Maybe it was just our setup, but I dont think so.

anyway, good luck, and I'd be intrested to hear afterwards how it went.
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-03-17 16:16:13  
Wiccaan said:
If you have the BLMs to do it (4 or 5) you can -aga the eyes in each NM tower and 1 shot them instead of sac pulling a ton.

Nah, i dont think its a good idea to kill NM's with low number ppl. But yeah, safer to shot it with blm behind the tower.

Zanno said:
anyway, good luck, and I'd be intrested to hear afterwards how it went.

It just pop in my mind after reading someone post about Dynamis Xarc Ls, i have too many event atm(Salvage,Limbus,Einherjar,Nyzul,ZNM). We even spend 6 hours a week for ZNM (already have pop item Tinnin & Sarameya) working on Lamia path right now. maybe i will organize this Dynamis Xarc LS only after ZNM event finish. But now gathering some info first :D