1 Class Changing Spell...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » 1 class changing spell...
1 class changing spell...
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-19 11:49:12  
Haven't heard this spell mentioned....

*Bionic Boost - Counterstance (Bugbears)

we might need to set the counter trait to take full advantage of this, but how stout of a tank would BLU be? Top 3 easily.

Thoughts?!?!
[+]
 Sylph.Quiznor
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-19 11:53:39  
Kwate my good friend,you're gonna get hammered by every NIN and MNK in the game for this thread :'(

I agree though,we'd be even more boss tanks with that.

Now,if only I could remember my damn tanking macros after I un-quit >_<
[+]
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-19 11:55:56  
Sup Q, figured it was a possibility, I guess I just wanted feedback on it, you're probably right.
[+]
 Sylph.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-03-19 11:56:08  
np, BLUs can equip Melee gaiters, right?
[+]
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-19 11:58:52  
nah. Monk only.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 14:04:51  
Zero chance of this happening lol, BLU already gets Counter anyway. Gnarled horn + trait >:D, I've countered a bunch tanking random NM's like glavoid lol
 Shiva.Gylfie
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-19 14:08:25  
Sylph.Zohnax said:
Sylph.Kwate said:
nah. Monk only.
Woooooosh.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-19 14:19:00  
Not sure it's really needed. BLU is already a top 3 tank imo. The NMs in the older zones hit for 0-20. In the newer zones they tend to hit for 0-50 depending on its job. BLU is just a nonuseless PLD due to their ability to do respectable damage and reduce more damage than a PLD can. NIN, MNK, and BLU are all good tanks, which one you use depends on the NM.

P.S. If you have -50% pdt and max defense, a BLU with phalanx can reach ochain numbers pretty easily. BLU can also mitigate magic damage better than a PLD, NIN, or MNK.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-19 14:21:51  
Might not be needed, but it would be cool :p
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 14:23:09  
Sub mnk? :P
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-19 14:41:25  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sub mnk? :P

That would be the cool part, get counterstance without /mnk :P

But yeah, not needed <_>
If I feel the need to counter-tank something, I'll just go MNK + WHM :p
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 16:01:39  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Not sure it's really needed. BLU is already a top 3 tank imo. The NMs in the older zones hit for 0-20. In the newer zones they tend to hit for 0-50 depending on its job. BLU is just a nonuseless PLD due to their ability to do respectable damage and reduce more damage than a PLD can. NIN, MNK, and BLU are all good tanks, which one you use depends on the NM.
I'd really like to see where you are getting those numbers... since with capped or near capped pdt 800s def and phalanx thats more like what normal mobs do.

I mean if it was really that low why doesn't everyone blood tank/solo everything?
 Asura.Kese
サーバ: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-03-19 16:03:52  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Helel said:
I'd really like to see where you are getting those numbers... since with capped or near capped pdt 800s def and phalanx thats more like what normal mobs do.

I mean if it was really that low why doesn't everyone blood tank/solo everything?
but they hit for 0-20....
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-19 16:09:58  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Helel said:

idk if you are talking about low grade nm's or what, but alot of the NM's can still hit like a truck and most of the time it's not their melee's you have to worry about, it's their TP attacks.

also inb4 dnc is a better tank than blu

o wait, i did it wrong
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 16:11:43  
Actually BLU is a very strong tank. I have tanked everything in Abyssea on my BLU just fine. The only trouble I generally have is with Nms that attack pretty fast. Amphirtrite is one or Apademak. NIN MNK are a lot easier to tank on obviously due to CS and evasion/shadow.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 16:12:04  
I've also tanked a good majority of visions and scars mobs as /rdm due to it being my preferred TE farm sub.
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-19 17:14:08  
Yeah I've also tanked a number of NM's in abyss, I tend to gear more on the EVA side vs. -PDT, with MM, GH, and CD, you know, I never set the counter trait while tanking, but combined with GH should get between 20-30% I would guess.
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-19 17:16:00  
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Sylph.Zohnax said:
Sylph.Kwate said:
nah. Monk only.
Woooooosh.

I see how you are lol