New Items
users online
hMP
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-03-20 12:24:04  
LOL hmp! Inventory space is far more valuable. At least in Abyssea.....
[+]
 Phoenix.Fezz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2011-03-20 12:31:54  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

of course, mirror tiara for those who don't have a refresh hairpin

I thought it was better to use anything that had HMP over refresh because of the way HMP is calculated.

like on my BLM, i use errant body over relic body
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-20 12:49:02  
Personally, all my idle sets for mages consist of refresh and hMP items since everything else would just make no sense to me.. at all..!
Unless you are certain that you are taking dmg very often and need to idle a PDT set or if you don't use macros for gear swaps and cast every spell in the same gear. <_<;
 Bismarck.Gael
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-03-20 12:50:22  
Phoenix.Fezz said:
I thought it was better to use anything that had HMP over refresh because of the way HMP is calculated.

yes it's true
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-20 12:56:20  
Phoenix.Fezz said:

I think it depends on what amount of hMP you have available oposed to refresh in the same spot(s).
If im not mistaken, the minimum time for a "resting-tick" is like 9 seconds and a "refresh-tick" is like 3 seconds. So taking that into account, BLM AF3 +2 body would recover 6 mp in 9 seconds, whereas errant body would only add 5 mp in the same time.
As for most other spots, since there are usually only +1 refresh available, everything more than 3 hMP should be better. If the values for the ticks are like I've said.

In any case.. it doesn't make THAT much of a difference, unless you rest for a couple of minutes, really. >_>;
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-03-20 12:56:30  
Since I got MM atma I can't remember resting for mp on any of my mage jobs inside abyssea. The very few times I've done something outside abyssea, I've gone rdm, and with 11mp/tick refresh and capped convert merits, mp hasn't been an issue. As whm I typically have 20mp/tick refresh, there has been some duo situations where I have run low (Isgebind comes to mind) but that's not a situation where you can rest anyway. That's what temps are for.

So yeah I got rid of my hMP set several months ago. I simply do not have the MH or inventory space to keep one. If SE adds new endgame content outside of abyssea later on, I might have to make space for one again. Time will tell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gael
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-03-20 13:08:00  
Carbuncle.Grandthief said:

I think it depends on what amount of hMP you have available oposed to refresh in the same spot(s).
If im not mistaken, the minimum time for a "resting-tick" is like 9 seconds and a "refresh-tick" is like 3 seconds. So taking that into account, BLM AF3 +2 body would recover 6 mp in 9 seconds, whereas errant body would only add 5 mp in the same time.
As for most other spots, since there are usually only +1 refresh available, everything more than 3 hMP should be better. If the values for the ticks are like I've said.

In any case.. it doesn't make THAT much of a difference, unless you rest for a couple of minutes, really. >_>;

That wrong because you think this two items 1 per 1. when you talk about HMP you must see the full set. While the af 3 will give you a constant value of MP, the mp given by your hmp set will be exponential. A HMP item will win at the second or third tick, even if you have a refresh +2 on the same slot, because of this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2011-03-20 13:18:15  
I can't speak for any other job outside Brd and Smn but.. unless the hmp is in conjunction with a piece i already own i'm afraid i don't go out of my way to acquire any hmp devoted gear. If and when content leaves Abyssea i'll probably get some more where i can. I literally cannot gain or lose any MP when i Cure4 spam heal my monk friend who's idea of an easy duo is arrgoing like 8 skeletons and like... counter stance tanking or whatever the hell he does.

Speaking of which, in WoE i didn't need it on summoner or bard. When i went to use my MP for anything /Whm Related my buddy would just beat me to it wasting my own pool, So i pretty much stuck with doing my respective jobs job. Whm is pretty friggin amazing ~_~; totally bossed me.
Currently WoE is the only thing outside Abyssea that poses any threat of failure to achieve victory really, that i can think of i guess. I suppose you might need it for dynamis? I haven't gone back since level 75 though.
 Phoenix.Fezz
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2011-03-20 13:25:10  
Bismarck.Gael said:

That wrong because you think this two items 1 per 1. when you talk about HMP you must see the full set. While the af 3 will give you a constant value of MP, the mp given by your hmp set will be exponential. A HMP item will win at the second or third tick, even if you have a refresh +2 on the same slot, because of this.

yea thats kinda what i always though, never bothered to look into the maths for it, but kinda what i figured.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-20 13:25:20  
Bismarck.Gael said:

I'm pretty sure that's wrong! That doesn't apply to items but only to job traits, those accumulate. Items will always only add the amount of mp that is outlined on them PER tick.
So, an item with +5 hMP will never add like +10 per tick when resting long enough, it will always stay +5mp whereas the value of the job-trait merely increases over time.
[+]
 Seraph.Rof
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2011-03-20 13:48:06  
according to wiki, the gear and the food work like the job trait
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-20 14:00:16  
Seraph.Rof said:
according to wiki, the gear and the food work like the job trait
No it doesn't! Look at the examples listed there.. They show that increase of mp rested per tick is only due to job trait itself (+1 for clear mind I and +2 for clear mind III). The only thing hMP does there is to raise the base amount of MP recovered. Which is nothing else than what I said.

If you need numbers to visualize:

Example - Base character with Clear Mind or MP Recovered While Healing +3:
(Possible ways for this include Level 15 Black Mage or any Level 1 character eating an Acorn Cookie)
- where the base amount from Clear Mind I is 12mp/tick, the cookie adds +3 to that base amount and increases +1 for every following tick (from trait ONLY)-
* 1st tick: 15MP (12+3) recovered (from 0 to 15 MP)
* 2nd tick: 16MP (13+3) recovered (from 15 to 31 MP)
* 3rd tick: 17MP (14+3) recovered (from 31 to 48 MP)

It's no rocket science and clearly the hMP is static here. Meaning it always only adds 3 mp per tick, no matter how long you rest.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-03-20 14:09:57  
Cerberus.Zandra said:

I'm more curious as to how poor everyone's inventory management is that they cant allocate like six or seven slots for a hMP set. I've got ten *** jobs at 90, like half of them are incredibly well geared for 90 and the other 5 are incredibly geared for 75. Even with all that my storage is 80 slots of ***I dont ever use, and I can cram everything else into safe/locker/satchel/sack and have my personal inventory free and clear, 0/80. And I've never used a storage NPC.

All I'm saying is you guys complaining about inventory space either dont know how to properly manage your space, or you're carrying too much useless ***. Start dropping items you havent used in forever. Use the *** storage NPCs if you dont want to drop stuff. Dual box a mule to handle all of your salable items. Stop lotting on AF3 for jobs you rarely play. Quit carrying abyssea pop items. There's a lot you can do to conserve inventory space...
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2011-03-20 14:15:31  
Running some quick figures and using the OP's gear (+43hMP), eating a Wizard's Cookie (+7hMP), Clear Mind V (+27hMP + increase of 3 per tick), and having a 4/tick refresh (Wivre Hairpin, /RDM), mp should result as follows:

After 20 seconds- 101MP, 40 seconds- 292MP, 60 seconds- 495MP, 80 seconds- 706MP, 100 seconds- 933MP

If you replace the Wivre Hairpin with a Mirror Tiara, MP should result as follows:

After 20 seconds- 98MP, 40 seconds- 288MP, 60 seconds- 490MP, 80 seconds- 701MP, 100 seconds- 927MP

This assumes food/equipment does not give an exponential increase, there is no cap to the exponential increase of Clear Mind, and the player starts with 0MP. If I didn't screw up the math, Wivre Hairpin is a better option than Mirror Tiara. Also, the MP Recovered While Healing page of Wiki shows an Acorn Cookie (+3hMP) only giving an exponential increase of 1.
By Xera 2011-03-20 14:32:52  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I'm more curious as to how poor everyone's inventory management is that they cant allocate like six or seven slots for a hMP set. I've got ten *** jobs at 90, like half of them are incredibly well geared for 90 and the other 5 are incredibly geared for 75. Even with all that my storage is 80 slots of ***I dont ever use, and I can cram everything else into safe/locker/satchel/sack and have my personal inventory free and clear, 0/80. And I've never used a storage NPC.

All I'm saying is you guys complaining about inventory space either dont know how to properly manage your space, or you're carrying too much useless ***. Start dropping items you havent used in forever. Use the *** storage NPCs if you dont want to drop stuff. Dual box a mule to handle all of your salable items. Stop lotting on AF3 for jobs you rarely play. Quit carrying abyssea pop items. There's a lot you can do to conserve inventory space...

Uh, what? Generally players carry a lot of situational things, it has nothing to do with gear for jobs other than the one you're on, or pop sets.

If a X-Mage were to carry optimal gear for every spell they cast on a average day they would easily go well over 100 slots needed.
[+]
By alas 2011-03-20 14:34:10  
Clear Mind and HMp operate independently of each other, even though they are applied at the same time. Clear Mind is the only thing that increases per tick. Clear Mind V (Smn, Blm, Sch, Whm) starts at 27 for first tick and then increases 3 per, so: 27, 30, 33, etc.

If I have +50 HMp in gear on me (random number is random) my ticks would be 77, 80, 83, etc.
In this example, if I were to not equip my HMp gear until the third tick the results would be as expected: 27, 30, 83, etc.
I had an LS member that believed it was exponential as well so I preformed this exact test to prove it to her.

HMp is static, Refresh is static, Clear Mind is not static. 1 refresh is equal to 3.3 HMp. First tick of resting takes 20 seconds to be applied, each additional tick takes 10 seconds. 4 HMp will beat 1/tick refresh in the same slot, 7 HMp will beat 2/tick refresh in the same slot. I won't bother comparing refresh/HMp for first tick situations.

Inside Abyssea, I don't think I've ever had to rest as Rdm. As a Blm in Abyssea, I don't rest very often, instead typically riding temps and convert timer in situations where I would be burning through MP (farming a couple pop items for lower tier NMs is a frequent example of this). While resting may be rare, it doesn't mean you shouldn't have an HMp set, just that it may not be worth carrying. Inside Abyssea, my resting set is usually in my satchel.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-20 14:37:20  
alas said:
Clear Mind and HMp operate independently of each other, even though they are applied at the same time. Clear Mind is the only thing that increases per tick. Clear Mind V (Smn, Blm, Sch, Whm) starts at 27 for first tick and then increases 3 per, so: 27, 30, 33, etc.

If I have +50 HMp in gear on me (random number is random) my ticks would be 77, 80, 83, etc.
In this example, if I were to not equip my HMp gear until the third tick the results would be as expected: 27, 30, 83, etc.
I had an LS member that believed it was exponential as well so I preformed this exact test to prove it to her.

HMp is static, Refresh is static, Clear Mind is not static. 1 refresh is equal to 3.3 HMp. First tick of resting takes 20 seconds to be applied, each additional tick takes 10 seconds. 4 HMp will beat 1/tick refresh in the same slot, 7 HMp will beat 2/tick refresh in the same slot. I won't bother comparing refresh/HMp for first tick situations.

Inside Abyssea, I don't think I've ever had to rest as Rdm. As a Blm in Abyssea, I don't rest very often, instead typically riding temps and convert timer in situations where I would be burning through MP (farming a couple pop items for lower tier NMs is a frequent example of this). While resting may be rare, it doesn't mean you shouldn't have an HMp set, just that it may not be worth carrying. Inside Abyssea, my resting set is usually in my satchel.
Thank you! xD Couldn't be arsed to repeat that all again.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-03-20 14:46:52  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

I've also got 10 lvl 90 jobs. And I have stored everything possible that I don't use/rarely use, I have tossed gear that was later made storable, I npc/mule/AH everything I don't need.

I have -PDT sets for sam, war, nin, and my mage jobs. I have -MDT sets for sam, war and nin. I wish they could all use the same gearsets, but they can't. That alone takes up quite a few MH slots. I have a rather large amount of af3 seals for jobs I don't play that much and that isn't a priority to finish, same with +2 items (all in all they take up about 22 MH slots at last count, if I remember right). I have food, ammo and meds. I also have a shitton of different weapons for red !! triggering.

80 inv slots really isn't that much. If I'm on whm, or worse, rdm, I'm typically around 70-75/80. Yes, there is room for some hMP pieces there, but I cannot stand not having any free slots at all. There needs to be room for some loot/lotted pieces/pop items/whatever.

Maybe I, and others like me, have more extensive gear sets than you?
[+]
By alas 2011-03-20 14:47:17  
Knowledge is power, etc. =D
Happy to help the greater good and dispel misinformation.
By alas 2011-03-20 14:58:41  
I've muled/portered an absolute ton of gear, but it doesn't change that rdm and blm are still sitting at 70+/80 in active inventory. I may have room in my satchel/sack but it doesn't matter if I'm actively using every gear piece in my inventory.
Could I drop some pieces and use more all-purpose type pieces? Sure I could. But I prefer to allow my jobs to operate at their highest levels rather than getting by and hoping everything turns out OK. Will I be able to eyeball a 1-2% decrease in enfeebling magic accuracy, or paralyze 2 potency? Probably not. But I like knowing that I don't have to try to eyeball a difference because I haven't cut corners. It also means when I do get the rare resist or suffer a gimp duration I don't have to make apologies. I've done everything I can do to make my group succeed.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-03-20 15:04:22  
Let's say I'm on whm.

My MH would look like this:
Storage 80/80
Locker 80/80
Safe 80/80
Satchel 75ish/80
Sack 65ish/80

My inventory will be 70+/80.

alas said:
I've muled/portered an absolute ton of gear, but it doesn't change that rdm and blm are still sitting at 70+/80 in active inventory. I may have room in my satchel/sack but it doesn't matter if I'm actively using every gear piece in my inventory.
Could I drop some pieces and use more all-purpose type pieces? Sure I could. But I prefer to allow my jobs to operate at their highest levels rather than getting by and hoping everything turns out OK. Will I be able to eyeball a 1-2% decrease in enfeebling magic accuracy, or paralyze 2 potency? Probably not. But I like knowing that I don't have to try to eyeball a difference because I haven't cut corners. It also means when I do get the rare resist or suffer a gimp duration I don't have to make apologies. I've done everything I can do to make my group succeed.

This.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-22 11:09:35  
this is my hMP set, even though I don't ever really use it I still keep it up I guess because I used to rely on it so much, maybe it's old school to still keep one idunno.

Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 11:17:02  
Outside of big peices it's mostly useless now. I mean it's like 1/3 refresh while resting. But I keep a bit of it muled for after we get out of abyssea
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 11:48:35  
1 tic of refresh is worth 3.333 hMP if you're not using Spellcast/Tickle to swap in hMP gear at the appropriate time. Regardless... never saw much point in hMP+1 items like Star Ring. I keep items with hMP+3-4 satcheled and with that plus Pluto's Staff I've got a strong hMP rate without completely wrecking my inventory. Feels good man.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 11:50:24  
Yeah I never even use mine anymore. Just sits in my satchel, I even got some of the newer pieces like Nisse Slacks and such but there's really no need anymore.
 Asura.Xlide
user: Xlide
By Asura.Xlide 2011-03-22 11:51:18  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Whats hmp?

Oh, it's inventory +09458094368.
+1
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 11:51:43  
I think the last time I used mine was soloing AF+1 mats in Limbus >_> Yeah, I use that ***all the time...
By Deathhaven 2011-03-22 12:16:56  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
this is my hMP set, even though I don't ever really use it I still keep it up I guess because I used to rely on it so much, maybe it's old school to still keep one idunno.

That's weak son! :) nah man why do u need all that hmp with 2000 mp and mad refresh atmas?Yea I know outside of abbysea :) how's mp look outside of abbysea ?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 12:26:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
1 tic of refresh is worth 3.333 hMP if you're not using Spellcast/Tickle to swap in hMP gear at the appropriate time. Regardless... never saw much point in hMP+1 items like Star Ring. I keep items with hMP+3-4 satcheled and with that plus Pluto's Staff I've got a strong hMP rate without completely wrecking my inventory. Feels good man.
That and that ***was expensive as ***. I used to use a decent set. Like 30 something... but it just became so pointless. It's been forever since I've cared about how fast I rest. If I'm resting we probably wiped lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 12:32:07  
I actually have hMP+31 still. Pluto's, Lore Robe, Eidolon Pendant, Nisse Slacks, Austerity Belt, and Felicitas Cape. Might even throw in that CHR egg for hHP+3!