フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokemon City
Pokemon City
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Werdxi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2014-01-13 12:21:23  
You're doing it right, but it comes down to patience and luck. The destiny knot brings down 5/12 of the parents IVs. Basically like this

Male Female

HP HP
Att Att
Def Def
S.Att S.Att
S.Def S.Def
Speed Speed

It'll pick 5 stats of those 12. One from each stat type, ie: hp att def satt sdef speed, and will skip one all together. Since you keep getting 3 IVs from the parents, it just means that the offspring are randomly picking the less-than-perfect IVs of the parents instead of the perfect ones.

Edit: excuse the format of the male and female stat breakdown. The spaces are there when i type them, but when i post, it scrunches them and i frankly don't care to look in to why. You get the jest of it.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-13 12:23:59  
Hahah thanks for confirming. I always make really obvious mistakes when I do things like this. XD
By Leoheart 2014-01-13 12:30:58  
Just remember to swap the parent whenever one is bred with more IVs to increase your success rate :)
 Asura.Werdxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2014-01-13 12:34:43  
I have a 5/6 charizard, myself. Although i want to breed a 6/6 since he's versatile enough to take advantage of every stat. atm mine has all but HP. Although its a 1/192 chance of getting a 6th perfect IV from two perfect parents with identical perfect IVs. soooooo yah...
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-13 12:36:54  
lmao and of course the very next egg cycle produced 2 males with 5 31's. XD Spent all this time just trying to get one lol crazy game. @__@
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-01-13 13:18:45  
It's just bad luck on your part. I've had some good days where where I had 31 31 31 x x x and x x x 31 31 31 and got a perfect 6 IV and others where I had got x31x3131x with two 5IV parents. It's just the RNG being a jerk lol.

As for making a physical Charmander your going the road less traveled but ultimately it has some serious surprises for instance, Charizard X can be built like a Tank with access to Will-o-Wisp making it pretty out of left field. Heck I was tempted to make one but sadly I gave away my Charizardite X to someone so that's not gonna happen lol.

As for boxes if you have at least 1 pokemon in each box you get a max of 31 boxes plus the Battle Box.
By Leoheart 2014-01-13 13:28:01  
With pokemon bank you get another 100 boxes I think, but it's not released yet :(
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-13 13:36:10  
Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie said: »
As for making a physical Charmander your going the road less traveled but ultimately it has some serious surprises for instance, Charizard X can be built like a Tank with access to Will-o-Wisp making it pretty out of left field. Heck I was tempted to make one but sadly I gave away my Charizardite X to someone so that's not gonna happen lol.
Yeah I'm not really even trying to compete with the top tier battlers out there, so I'm just kind of making what I like for now. XD

As for boxes if you have at least 1 pokemon in each box you get a max of 31 boxes plus the Battle Box.
Oh awesome, I'm not even halfway there yet lol

Is the bank the thing that's supposed to let people transfer their pokemon from previous generations? I'm thinking about playing some of the games I missed between Ruby/Sapphire and now. XD
By Leoheart 2014-01-13 13:45:50  
Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Yeah I'm not really even trying to compete with the top tier battlers out there, so I'm just kind of making what I like for now. XD

Oh awesome, I'm not even halfway there yet lol

Is the bank the thing that's supposed to let people transfer their pokemon from previous generations? I'm thinking about playing some of the games I missed between Ruby/Sapphire and now. XD

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think:
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Heart Gold/ Soul Silver
Black/white/2

Are what you can use the bank to transfer between
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-01-13 13:47:05  
Man I really want to make an Xard now lol
Would lose my precious MegaSuar though :(

Set would look something like this
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs:150HP 88ATT 150DEF 168SPE
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Will O Wisp
-Earthquake
-Roost
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-01-13 14:38:38  
Uhg want some people to battle when I get home.. Still waiting for justice to log in for my type fight a well :/
Been breeding a few mons that I've wanted to test out..
Still at work tho ><
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-13 16:11:53  
Just wonder traded 75 Charmanders and was all excited to check the lottery, got a Rank 3 prize...

...with one of my own pokemon. x___x Doh lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-01-13 17:57:26  
I'm currently breeding up Feebas' if anyone wants one let me know. They are Sassy with Mirror Coat and Dragon Pulse. Should start getting 5IV'd ones now.

I'll take anything for them.

What I really want is a Conkeldurr from Bank with Ice Punch/Knock Off/Drain Punch/Mach Punch.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-13 19:29:03  
lol the Japanese lady's dialogue in the detective quest was pretty funny. I wonder if she speaks English or French in the Japanese version of the game. :O

Also I love how Lumiose City has chavs. XD

Edit: bam, Grand Duke get! :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-01-13 21:18:10  
Grats :D Grand Duke with Black Writ + Exp power 3 + battling Kimono girls= fastest lvling ever lol
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-13 21:51:57  
tyty :3 I'll definitely be doing that after I EV train my new 5/6 Froakie and Charmander.^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-01-14 00:19:30  
So i am curious whats the best luck you guys have had with trades?

i got a shiny Xatu a few days ago from friend safari (considering its base stats its more for looking at)but its 1st shiny i have gotten in years i decide to trade it to see if i can get 1 i like more XD I find a person trading shines and i ask her what shinys she has. She ask me to list my fav so i say a few of my top favs one of them being shiny lucario which she has so we trade and i go cool and think even if its IVs are not the best it will still be fun to use in battles cause its bad as? looking :) so i go and check it at the IV guy in the pokemon center and he says it has outstanding potential and 31 Attack/defense/SPA/SPDEF/speed... i rechecked twice to make sure i was reading the npc right and to boot it has adamant nature and a sweet move set and seems legit sense it hatched on route 7 right next to the daycare and has the pentagon thing. i was so shocked i sent the person another thank you message ^^

so whats some crazy luck you guys have had?
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-14 07:52:57  
Wow, that's amazing lol grats!! o____o

I haven't traded with strangers yet aside from Wonder Trade, so the best thing I've gotten so far is a set of 3 two-IV Dittos that my friend let me have to get started breeding. :]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-01-14 08:22:16  
I've bred up a shiny Larvitar. And a week later a 2nd one. It drove me mad because I was using 2 US parents from my own game. When I was breeding for a shiny Swirlix I was using a JP mom and a US dad and not a single shiny after 2000+ eggs. However thanks to cloning pokemon Mavre gave me a shiny Swirlix with 6 IVs for Christmas :)

I also turned my game on went into a friend safari and the first pokemon I encountered was a shiny adamant ditto with 3 IVs. Later that SAME day I went fishing for reason forgot what I was looking for and the first fish I pulled up was a shiny Staryu terrible stats but was cool to find lol.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-14 08:42:16  
Pretty sure the only shiny I've seen in my entire life was a Skarmory that I accidentally killed with a freak crit in Sapphire. XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-01-14 08:56:05  
Anyone have a Phanpy or a Donphan I can use for breeding? I don't have a Friend Safari with them in it. And the GTS wants legendaries for them like always.
 Asura.Werdxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2014-01-14 09:05:35  
>_> 65 friend safari and not a single phanpy. wow
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-01-14 09:07:47  
Lol same but thank God I just got one had to sacrifice one of my millions of Feebas lol since everyone and their grandmother is asking for them on the GTS they have become my main source of currency haha
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-01-14 13:07:31  
I've bred up a shiny Larvitar. And a week later a 2nd one. It drove me mad because I was using 2 US parents from my own game. When I was breeding for a shiny Swirlix I was using a JP mom and a US dad and not a single shiny after 2000+ eggs. However thanks to cloning pokemon Mavre gave me a shiny Swirlix with 6 IVs for Christmas :)

I also turned my game on went into a friend safari and the first pokemon I encountered was a shiny adamant ditto with 3 IVs. Later that SAME day I went fishing for reason forgot what I was looking for and the first fish I pulled up was a shiny Staryu terrible stats but was cool to find lol.

nice on the shiny ditto 0.o
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-14 13:08:48  
So like... correct me if I'm wrong, but to get a shiny that also has good IV's (let alone nature/moves/ability), you pretty much have to Masuda breed yeah? Chaining with the radar obviously makes finding them a lot easier, but the ones you find are unlikely to be very... good. D:

How to shiny?!?!

Edit: oh, and my friend safari has Pancham, Mankey, and Hariyama if anyone needs those. I'm personally a huge fan of Pangoro (I like bears^^), despite its apparent uselessness competitively. XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-01-14 13:23:38  
So like... correct me if I'm wrong, but to get a shiny that also has good IV's (let alone nature/moves/ability), you pretty much have to Masuda breed yeah? Chaining with the radar obviously makes finding them a lot easier, but the ones you find are unlikely to be very... good. D:

How to shiny?!?!

Edit: oh, and my friend safari has Pancham, Mankey, and Hariyama if anyone needs those. I'm personally a huge fan of Pangoro (I like bears^^), despite its apparent uselessness competitively. XD

masuda breeding while IV/nature breeding at the same time or just IV/nature breeding and getting bloody lucky xD

edit: i even also hear masuda method can still be a pain to xD
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-14 13:34:13  
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-01-14 14:06:19  

sorry i did not mean to discourage you ; ; i just basing my view of posts i have read of people who have done it. does not mean its not worth trying, i read posts of some getting a shiny in 30 eggs ^^
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-14 14:16:59  
Hahah no worries, not something I'd really have any business doing at this point in my progression anyway. XD I'll have to revisit the possibility after I have a better idea of what I'd even be looking for. :o Shiny Sylveon appeals to me atm, but that could be a horrible choice for all I know lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-01-14 14:34:46  
Hahah no worries, not something I'd really have any business doing at this point in my progression anyway. XD I'll have to revisit the possibility after I have a better idea of what I'd even be looking for. :o Shiny Sylveon appeals to me atm, but that could be a horrible choice for all I know lol

lots of Eevee forms are loved (i have a few favs to lol) ^^ and yeah looking at sylveon could be a good SPA with a trick room set up could also be a decent wall though its def is kinda eh but its SPDEF is almost 400 o.o; or another path could be do SPA+SPDEF and could hold out for a bit while doing good dmg in the right situations :3
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 224 225 226