users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokemon City
Pokemon City
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 224 225 226
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-18 23:01:41  
Legit simply meaning that you didn't directly alter the code for the individual pokemon via a gameshark or whatever the kids are using for that these days, I guess.
 Asura.Toxleh
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2013-11-18 23:04:32  
there is no altering of any code. lol i don't think there is an ar 3ds or gameshark for 3ds yet anyway, not that i care ive been enjoying learning about breeding and stuff

it just reads the code of the eggs, then you find a person with the same code as that egg, and when they hatch that egg, it becomes shiny

if you check a shiny pokemon you legitly caught, i have 4, the shiny trainer value is = to the pokemon shiny value, each pokemon have their own shiny value like each egg has its own shiny value

PLUS using instachecker helps avoid scams

EVERYTIME ive made a trade topic ive been scammed at least twice by people claiming to give me perfect pokemon, then giving me crap, and then not responding
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-18 23:28:00  
4 Eevees done!

Also have 4 female Anticipation Eevees, if anyone wants one. I'm still mass producing 2 more Eevees with Hidden Abilities and 5/6 IVs (HP, SP.Att and Speed are the obvious ones).
[+]
 Siren.Juilan
サーバ: Siren
user: Juilan
By Siren.Juilan 2013-11-18 23:31:20  
My SID is 1688

At the moment I have two eggs I want to hatch, one with SID of 3357 and the other with 72

In Game my name is Peter and my Friend code is 2148 9450 5133

Send a PM if you can help
 Asura.Toxleh
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2013-11-18 23:37:08  
i feel your pain i still have a few eggs with no people to hatch them
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-11-19 01:33:57  
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-11-19 01:43:38  
get!

[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-19 02:10:11  
I guess it really just bums me out, maybe it's butthurt I dunno. I used to be really excited and jealous when I heard people were getting shinies and it motivated me to try to learn how to get them and when I did I was pumped. After getting one I was hooked and wanted to try and get more. But now with people manipulating the system it really cheapens it. Right now I really feel like there isn't even a point to it any more when soon enough I will be getting 500 shiny Froakies in wonder trade. This exploit has really taken the wind out of my sails and I would almost say has ruined this generation of pokemon for me.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-11-19 02:13:49  
Grumpy Cat said: »
I guess it really just bums me out, maybe it's butthurt I dunno. I used to be really excited and jealous when I heard people were getting shinies and it motivated me to try to learn how to get them and when I did I was pumped. After getting one I was hooked and wanted to try and get more. But now with people manipulating the system it really cheapens it. Right now I really feel like there isn't even a point to it any more when soon enough I will be getting 500 shiny Froakies in wonder trade. This exploit has really taken the wind out of my sails and I would almost say has ruined this generation of pokemon for me.

you speak as if you do not realize pokemon bank is out very soon, and in case you dont know, people have been able to completely edit saves and pokemon to pass any checks possible at the time and for the future.

so even if this simple data reader wasnt available, there would still be a flood of truly hacked and fake pokemon when xmas hits.

that being said, you really underestimate this process. its not so easy as you might think, nor is it risk free. 1st you have to go through all your boxes and click "show" for the reader to give you the info, then you have to search online for someone who matches the perfect iv pokemon you had to mass breed, then you have to hope that person that matches, if there is even one, responds to you. that being said, if it all goes right, you also have to hope they dont just run off with your egg.

anyways~ i have 4 full boxes of eevee eggs, many have multiple max iv's. if anyone would like to have them + know their SID (so you can find a match online and get them to hatch for you to get a shiny) just let me know. I can provide anyone who needs with an egg, the egg's SID, and your own ID.
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-19 02:15:32  
Yeah I guess so but it was nice to have something pure for a while.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-19 02:25:53  
Shinies have never been rare. people have been creating them since gen 2. most just don't because they're uglier than the normal color most of the time
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-11-19 02:49:23  
Had to happen eventually, but it is a little sad to see these kind of exploits barely a month after release.
Not that shiny's are important now or ever really have been, but this does seem pretty damn cheap.

I hope Pokemon Bank is actually able to block all of the hacked Pokemon people are planning on importing, but I sort of doubt it will. I think the tournament checker they used in Gen IV/V kind of failed to detect them so not expecting to much out of this either.

How were people creating them in Gen 2 though? I know shiny depended on IV's and junk then but never knew of an actual way to create them at the time.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-19 02:55:53  
gameshark is hex editor.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-11-19 03:00:08  
everyone knew it was coming before the release, when they told us about poke bank~
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-11-19 04:05:38  
I completely forgot about gameshark. Never thought about using it for shiny's but I did make an army of mew's and celebi.

I don't really trade or battle online much so all of this doesn't effect me to much(Arceus and Celebi maybe blocked by bank though) but still sort of sucks. It's an easy game and it's been made easier than ever, no reason to not just play it as is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-11-19 07:06:12  
I'm not really a fan of most of the shinies. Most of them look like something a clown would throw up but there are a select few I just must have.

Shiny Nidoking it's bluuuuuuuue~

And my current favorite of 6th gen is Chocolate Slurpuff.

Shiny Diggersby is great too. Bugs Bunny colored. Naming mine when I get it "What'sUpDoc?"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-19 08:18:51  
Shinies aren't really that important. Even if you have a team of perfect shinies, they still won't win you a battle if the other side is better than you.

They just sparkle~
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-11-19 09:09:43  
For me it's just an aesthetic thing. Some people like to brag about their shinies I just like some shinies better than their initial designed color palettes. For instance I like Shiny Umbreon over its normal version because of the blue.

But I don't use them unless they are 5/6 or 6/6 perfect IVs.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-19 09:36:39  
But, they are sparkly~
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-11-19 12:15:28  
Siren.Stunx said: »
get!

>.> 3 more shiny Eevee's later
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-19 12:27:59  
You lucky SoB

So what, you making a shiny Eevee team?
By tarupowa 2013-11-19 12:58:28  
tarupowa said: »
I'm working on breeding Modest Eevees atm, getting a lot of 4/6 in the process with Anticipation. If anyone wants one for their own breeding let me know and I can set some aside for trading later.
i need a girl 4/6(dont matter which iv's) if you got any! mine are both males so need a girl to breed for tourny
Do you need anticipation as well or just 4/6?
that would be nice if i can, but i wont complain if i only get a 4/6 female. i need to breed for the tournament and hidden ability would be nice if u could get :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-11-19 13:12:31  
I've gotten the pokemon Insta-checker to work, so the only way to know anything about my pokemon is to trade? I won't even know the SV of a pokemon or their IV's until I try and trade? :I I wish I had two DS'S...
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-11-19 13:19:50  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But, they are sparkly~
So is shattered glass, but you don't play with that do ya? lol :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-11-19 14:06:06  
Does anyone want to trade some eggs back and forth to figure out SV/IV's?

My SV is 3978 if anyone happens to need that!
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-11-19 14:36:44  
this is what you should do, if you mass egg produce and use instacheck.

open trade, with anyone, preferably someone who knows what you are doing (checking your eggs).

show each of them to your friend, dont even bother looking at the iv's and the shiny values.

once you have cycled through all of your eggs, in instacheck click "copy list" to clipboard, then paste and save it to wordpad or w/e you use. this basically just saves all your iv's and the SV's of each of the eggs, saves time so you dont have to sit in the trade menu so long.

now what I like to do is go through the codes of friends i already have and use the ctrl+f and find on page if there are any matches. After that, I simply go through all each of the eggs (still via list on the wordpad) and check for the ones with the best stats, then I goto reddit's list and try to find matches and contact them.

this is how ive gotten my 3 nearly perfect shiny eevee's thus far.

here is the link again for those who want to set up instacheck, fairly easy.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/instacheck-hotspot-a-fast-pok%C3%A9mon-checker-for-xy.3492531/

and here is a large list SID's to look to match with:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/wiki/shinyids
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2013-11-19 15:30:01  
Stupid *** Meowstic won't screw my ditto ~,~
want my shiney Female espurr all ready
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-19 15:32:44  
Ohji Lunartail said: »
You might want a Ditto from another trainer. That would bump the reproductive rate by 30%, over double the current rate you have (20%).
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-11-19 16:10:50  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
You might want a Ditto from another trainer. That would bump the reproductive rate by 30%, over double the current rate you have (20%).

Also, see every pokemon in the Kalos region and you will get the oval charm from the professor(I think) to increase the odds of getting an egg.

EDIT: wonder Trade just gave me a fungus named Toad from a guy named Mario. >_>
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-11-19 16:42:38  
this is my list of current eevee eggs if anyone has a match~
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 224 225 226