Nothing Else To Do, So Lets Dream...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » nothing else to do, so lets dream...
nothing else to do, so lets dream...
First Page 2
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2011-03-14 09:05:58  
with a version update coming and a lvl cap raise, anything you really hope we get as blu? to be honest our last 2 volleys of spells were so good, i think anything from here on up would be just icing, but hell may as well dream.

tp drainkiss comes to mind for spells

i wish they would tweak some of our older spells. most of them are so limiting cause of mp cost, cast time, or very small buff duration, that they are useless. maybe a ja that would fix one or all of these.

thoughts?
 Sylph.Kwate
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-14 12:20:45  
Idea

Idea
Level 91-99 Ability that allows use of any spell learned

Personally, I'd like to see this implemented. I think having it on a 10 or 20 minute timer would seem fair and could help retain balance. There are always those times when you feel like you could really use one of your other Blue Magic spells but you're in the middle of battle and you can't afford to wait a full minute to set it.

This would allow you to cast a spell any spell that you've learned but haven't set, and would open up some interesting possibilities when facing against situations you haven't fully prepared for.

...posted by Trefold on the official SE forum.
By alas 2011-03-14 12:34:56  
A Blu version of elemental seal would be kinda cool. Not ridiculously necessary, but kinda nice for the harder to land magic spells.
By Aisha 2011-03-14 18:28:04  
this might be just me but I like tanking a lot on blu since back at the 75 cap, one thing I wanted was to have Mighty guard, but I was thinking how they might put it in the game without it being overpowered.
In other games it gives protect, shell, haste, regen etc and in ff11 it gives a physical shield, so my friend thought maybe protect an shell for BLU but I wanted more of a Phalanx spell for BLU, I think it would help a lot and not be overpowered since SE likes to give us monster versions of already in game buffs, any other opinions on that? just some ideas btw
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-14 19:38:00  
With all the different petrify moves out there that monsters use, and now with Break it's actually a option for players, I find it pretty likely that we'll get some sort of petrify. Most likely a gaze attack.

Aisha said:
this might be just me but I like tanking a lot on blu since back at the 75 cap, one thing I wanted was to have Mighty guard, but I was thinking how they might put it in the game without it being overpowered.
In other games it gives protect, shell, haste, regen etc and in ff11 it gives a physical shield, so my friend thought maybe protect an shell for BLU but I wanted more of a Phalanx spell for BLU, I think it would help a lot and not be overpowered since SE likes to give us monster versions of already in game buffs, any other opinions on that? just some ideas btw

You do realize that Cocoon is better than any protect or phalanx right? With full buffs and mediocre gear you could easily hit 999 Def. With that that and a PDT set, I really don't see why BLU would need anything else to reduce damage.
The only issue I have with Cocoon is that it gets overwritten by Reactor Cool which imo is invaluable for solo. But I've gotten used to canceling the def bonus and casting Cocoon after.
 Titan.Xairu
サーバ: Titan
user: Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2011-03-14 19:47:45  
My spell guesses *sf only added as a m8 from ls made mention* *also vi is just a far off wish*

-Spike Flail
-Crispy Candle
-Chomp Rush
-Broadside Barrage
-Vulcanian Impact

Also (realize this will generate alot of derp/hate/flame) I really wish BLU would get JA "Devour". Instantly KO's an enemy and will teach you spell on kill. *chance of KO 5-10%, mob HP must be below say 10%, if KO's spell learn is 100%* I realize alot of people 1 shot spell learns, I do too quite often.. but the whole devour/learn aspect is a neat little gimmick.. plus if you (for some stupid reason) out of mp or somethin.. idk.. just a thought. Let the negative responses flow!
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2011-03-14 19:56:07  
I'd like to see BLU 2hr changed to something like SMN but u can acess HNM abilities instead.
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2011-03-14 21:12:11  
Titan.Xairu said:
My spell guesses *sf only added as a m8 from ls made mention* *also vi is just a far off wish*

-Spike Flail
-Crispy Candle
-Chomp Rush
-Broadside Barrage
-Vulcanian Impact

Also (realize this will generate alot of derp/hate/flame) I really wish BLU would get JA "Devour". Instantly KO's an enemy and will teach you spell on kill. *chance of KO 5-10%, mob HP must be below say 10%, if KO's spell learn is 100%* I realize alot of people 1 shot spell learns, I do too quite often.. but the whole devour/learn aspect is a neat little gimmick.. plus if you (for some stupid reason) out of mp or somethin.. idk.. just a thought. Let the negative responses flow!

seen a few requests for crispy candle, not sure we really need another magical fire spell, so i'll assume its just for cool animation.

chomp rush would be cool, a damage spell with slow effect would kick ***
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-14 21:18:00  
alas said:
A Blu version of elemental seal would be kinda cool. Not ridiculously necessary, but kinda nice for the harder to land magic spells.

Isn't that Efflux???

Increases the potency of your next "Physical" Blue Magic Spell. Base
 Quetzalcoatl.Shaddix
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Shaddix 2011-03-14 21:21:27  
I am no BLU but I always joke around with my friends and tell em that BLU 99 is getting Citadel Buster...just imagine...

XXXX starts casting Citadel Buster.

LSmate>>The monk killed it already!

XXXX >> ***!
 Asura.Sandolphon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-14 21:22:08  
As far as some spells I'd like to see...
Ectosmash, the animation would be sweet.
Nepenthean Hum is another one, amnesia ftw.
Maybe something from Qiqirn that enhances movement speed or drop bombs, idk, just throwing ideas out there.
And Spike Flail would be neat, I think, or any HNM move like someone above said.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 21:24:55  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
alas said:
Isn't that Efflux???

Increases the potency of your next "Physical" Blue Magic Spell. Base
Efflux only gives you more tp and increases how much skill adds to dmg. Doesn't help acc except for spells that say acc modified by tp
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 21:25:46  
I'd like a ja that allows or spells to crit or DA/TA for a time as if they were normal melee hits or ws
By Aisha 2011-03-14 22:43:22  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
With all the different petrify moves out there that monsters use, and now with Break it's actually a option for players, I find it pretty likely that we'll get some sort of petrify. Most likely a gaze attack.

Aisha said:

You do realize that Cocoon is better than any protect or phalanx right? With full buffs and mediocre gear you could easily hit 999 Def. With that that and a PDT set, I really don't see why BLU would need anything else to reduce damage.
The only issue I have with Cocoon is that it gets overwritten by Reactor Cool which imo is invaluable for solo. But I've gotten used to canceling the def bonus and casting Cocoon after.
I know exactly what cocoon does, I tank most things blu/war or blu/rdm with 999 def PDT-45-50% and 25% haste all in my tp setup, all i'm saying is that i'd like the spell in the game somehow, and I know we dont need protect caus of cocoon and dont need shell due to MDT- sets and Saline Coat which is a godly spell but a phalanx spell for blu would be a bonus and a cool spell imo even though its not needed
By Alryc 2011-03-17 19:11:43  
In terms of physical spells, I doubt we're gonna get anything better than Quad Cont.

I'm more excited about job trait combinations than spells. Hell, just getting 91+ means 60 set points instead of 55...I'll finally work Double Attack in there somehow to beef up Chant du Cygne a bit more and improve dot as well...especially outside of Abyssea where we lack RR/15% Triple Attack/GH

At the same time though, I do hope we get a spell that can make light with CDC. Darkness with Benthic is nice and all but I'd rather go Benthic Typhoon > CDC > Chain Affinity/Eff > -new spell- > Light

If for some reason we continue to use proc spells 91-99, I hope they change or adjust 1000 Needles and the cool down period after setting spells (even 45 seconds is better than 1 minute + whatever amount of time it took to scroll through spells)

Also, I wish we could have preset selections of spells. Instead of taking out 3-4 every time to set two for proc, I want to just click on a macro and have it automatically switch to that spell set for Fire, Water, Ice or whatever the element is.

Lastly, give us Homam Cosciales augmented with same/more haste than Mavi Tayt +2 cuz no matter how much I love the job, Mavi Tayt just looks pretty gay.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 19:25:55  
Aisha said:
I know exactly what cocoon does, I tank most things blu/war or blu/rdm with 999 def PDT-45-50% and 25% haste all in my tp setup, all i'm saying is that i'd like the spell in the game somehow, and I know we dont need protect caus of cocoon and dont need shell due to MDT- sets and Saline Coat which is a godly spell but a phalanx spell for blu would be a bonus and a cool spell imo even though its not needed
I wasn't aware BLU could cap MDT solo.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2011-03-17 19:33:31  
Turbulence as a wind spell as potent as thermal pulse or charged whisker maybe
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-17 21:12:36  
Paralysis Shower: Cone Attack Paralysis. (moblin)

...much needed and a win!
By Aisha 2011-03-18 21:45:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Aisha said:

I meant that Saline Coat pretty much caps mdt since it gives about MDB+50, I have my MDT- set of about 35% + mdb traits
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 21:55:32  
Aisha said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Aisha said:
I meant that Saline Coat pretty much caps mdt since it gives about MDB+50, I have my MDT- set of about 35% + mdb traits
You mean it reduces dmg almost as much as if you had capped mdt. Actually that setup would reduce magic dmg by 60%.

But saline coat takes up alot of time and decays very very fast. At lower amounts it's more like 47% dmg reduction. Assuming spell traits and 35% MDT
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-18 22:03:06  
Sylph.Kwate said:

I like how this and a dozen other worthless self-buffs have been in the .dats for ages. WE NEED SHELL GUARD AND BUBBLE SHIELD FIRST BROOOOOOS.

...it's a little weird looking at Alla posts from 2006 though.

"I don't know about you, but I would <3333333333 to have "Battery Charge" which = "Self-Refresh"."

"There is no Mighty Guard move used by any mobs in this game, they'd have to add it. Typically it's learned from Behemoths in past FFs. The only buffs Behemoths have in FFXI is the warcry one and blaze spikes. There's a few things they could do, and I think they should add it. "

"EG would never land, nor would ER....we would be way too powerful, but I would not complain "
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-19 02:40:24  
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Sylph.Kwate said:

I like how this and a dozen other worthless self-buffs have been in the .dats for ages. WE NEED SHELL GUARD AND BUBBLE SHIELD FIRST BROOOOOOS.

...it's a little weird looking at Alla posts from 2006 though.

"I don't know about you, but I would <3333333333 to have "Battery Charge" which = "Self-Refresh"."

"There is no Mighty Guard move used by any mobs in this game, they'd have to add it. Typically it's learned from Behemoths in past FFs. The only buffs Behemoths have in FFXI is the warcry one and blaze spikes. There's a few things they could do, and I think they should add it. "

"EG would never land, nor would ER....we would be way too powerful, but I would not complain "

So a strong Paralyze is worthless? >.>
Either way Crystalline Cocoon would solve the Protect/Shell problem.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-19 02:49:07  
I worded that wrong (damn cutting and pasting to make myself sound coherent), sorry. Paralysis Shower is found with a dozen redundant/worthless spells, all pre-Wild Carrot. Bubble Curtain, Shell Guard, Rhino Guard, Bubble Armor etc.

For some reason, Hex Eye and Numbing Breath were right next door in .dats, guess they had a hard time figuring out what form of paralysis to give us

Spells with animations recently added in-game but have been sitting in .dats for ages (like 2006):

Magic Barrier (two versions of this spell, the original is identical)
Final Sting
Everyone's Grudge
Dream Flower
Goblin Rush

Other spells with Blue Magic animations yet to be implemented in-game:

Gastric Bomb
Sound Vacuum (Worms)
Merrow Drain
Intimidate
Paralysis Shower
Secretion
TP Drainkiss
Aerial Wheel
Shakeshroom
Rage
Whistle
Roar
Ink Jet
Spider Web
Sand Trap
Great Whirlwind
White Wind
Thunderbolt
Purulent Ooze (this animation was actually used for Corrosive Ooze, a similar player-appropriate/gimped spell)

Half of these have no reason to be implemented (anymore), but worth sparing a thought on I guess. There's a dozen reasons why they even have .dats though. Maybe as placeholders, maybe they couldn't think of a use for the spell at the time, maybe mob-only, or simply replaced then scrapped etc. Hopefully someone with actual knowledge can shed light on the subject.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 02:59:22  
Mighty Guard - AOE protect and Shell
White Wind- Strong AOE heal based on max HP.
Aqua Breath- Strong breath spell based on max hp
flame armor- strong blaze spikes
spike flail- aoe high dmg with special perk like 5x dmg!
luminous drape or danse macarbe- single target charm :))
citadel buster- high dmg aoe light spell
chemical bomb- only elegy effect
guided missles-high dmg and bind
ion efflux- strong paralyze
leeching current- aoe water dmg + drain
Probiscus- MP drain
sand trap- aoe dmg and petrify
lightning spear-conal aoe lightning dmg + amensia
crystalline flare - aoe dmg + stun
pecking flurry- strong 4hit physical dmg
or snatch morsel- steal
homing missle- strong aoe dmg
discoid- 3k needles
mortal revolution- strong aoe dmg + stun
discharge- aoe dmg + paralyze

Update to
Bad breath- mp cost reduced to 100, enhanced potency of status effects, recast timer halved
1000 needles- mp reduced to 100, enhanced accuracy, recast timer halved.
magic hammer + mp drainkiss- potency increased to accommodate lvl increase
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 03:02:13  
Also from vampyr

Decollation- single target strong dmg
or
wings of gehenna- aoe dmg + knockback + stun
or
eternal damnation aoe gaze attack inflicts doom :))
 Caitsith.Jar
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-03-19 03:05:38  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Also from vampyr

Decollation- single target strong dmg
or
wings of gehenna- aoe dmg + knockback + stun
or
eternal damnation aoe gaze attack inflicts doom :))

THE TRIPLE HIT DRAIN MOVE! bloody claw or something? id love that <_<
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 03:06:28  
Bloodrake, that would be nice too :O
 Caitsith.Jar
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-03-19 03:09:23  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bloodrake, that would be nice too :O
ahh bloody claw is from the Triumphant roar mobs :X lul
 Sylph.Kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2011-03-19 03:10:54  
I'm an idiot when it comes to .dats, they have some with Blue Magic implications on spells we have yet to learn?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-19 03:11:47  
No, but its not like .dats ever told much. They have added spells that were from the .dats and new ones that aren't.
First Page 2