What Will You Do While FFXI Is Off For Week + ?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What will you do while FFXI is off for Week + ?
What will you do while FFXI is off for Week + ?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21
By Artemicion 2011-03-13 07:17:43  
Phoenix.Amael said:
Titan.Xairu said:
I like to own the actual game, to go with the recent Chrono discussion as well, I came upon Trigger in not a gamestop but somethin like cd tradepost game edition in the states once... they had 200 dollars on it, no box, booklet nothing.. just the cartridge... hell with them lol.

I rather get the experience of playing it and not wondering how good is and not being able to get it cuz its at a ridiculous price.

I'm like you too Xairu. I prefer having a physical copy, the box, manual, artwork, cartridge and all. Just shows something for your money and gives out the true intention of a product release as intended by the developers. However, things are becoming more and more antique like and thus more expensive since they're no longer being produced. At least the most fulfillment comes from simply enjoying the game.
 Leviathan.Yuus
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Yuukina
By Leviathan.Yuus 2011-03-13 07:18:16  
They are just announcing the times for "inforced blackouts" in Japan on the tv, and they are apparently going to last until April.
Depending on where the servers are located, we could be without the game for a very long time -.-;
Time to dust of my PS3 then.
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-13 07:20:31  
Artemicion said:

I'm like you too Xairu. I prefer having a physical copy, the box, manual, artwork, cartridge and all. Just shows something for your money and gives out the true intention of a product release as intended by the developers. However, things are becoming more and more antique like and thus more expensive since they're no longer being produced. At least the most fulfillment comes from simply enjoying the game.

Ramuh.Attribute
サーバ: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-13 07:23:11  
Its not the fact that I am cheap and that I don't support the company's. But I torrent all of my PC games and movies. Music also. I used to be like OMG I have the have the game and the case. But I started to get so many and going over friends houses that I keep them all in CD carry cases now. Why not have burnt copys.
By zahrah 2011-03-13 07:23:37  
Quote:
They are just announcing the times for "inforced blackouts" in Japan on the tv, and they are apparently going to last until April.
Depending on where the srevers are located, we could be without the game for a very long time -.-;

Thank you for the update, Yuus! I hope you, your family and friends are all safe and well!

Lots of love from the FFXI community!
 Shiva.Steo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2011-03-13 07:24:52  
Hmmmmm my liver ain't gonna like me this week with FFXI being off, Cheltenham Racing starts Tuesday then Paddy's Day on Thursday..... and yes, unfortunately I have the full week off work :o

(Think only UK/Irish peeps will understand what i mean)

TL;DR- If you need me i'll be in the pub :D

Ramuh.Attribute
サーバ: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-13 07:25:55  
zahrah said:
Quote:
Depending on where the srevers are located, we could be without the game for a very long time -.-;

Thank you for the update, Yuus! I hope you, your family and friends are all safe and well!

I bet if the US was having blackouts the JPs wouldn't care.. lolJPsthatplayWOW.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-03-13 07:30:06  
*many pages later* Who sad that FFIX ending is bad? D: it's my favorite ff! I cried in the end <.< it was awesome imho!
By zahrah 2011-03-13 07:57:33  
Quote:
I bet if the US was having blackouts the JPs wouldn't care.. lolJPsthatplayWOW.

A little bundle of cynicism, aren't you?

Altruism and compassion is always a better solution in my book. And seeing as though rolling blackouts are the least of their worries, it should be the least of ours. I think the radiation leaking from their nuclear reactors and the fact that there are still people unaccounted for kind of diminishes whatever hypothetical rolling-blackouts scenario you're thinking of.
 Sylph.Octaviane
サーバ: Sylph
user: gillmaree
By Sylph.Octaviane 2011-03-13 08:00:10  
My very best wishes and hopes for a quick recovery to our Japanese friends from the terrible tragedy that has changed evryone's lives.
[+]
By Jinsaki 2011-03-13 08:03:01  
Champions online went f2p so I picked that up, and I'm having a pretty fun time so far. It plays pretty much how you would expect, but still pretty fun.

The best part of the game in my opinion is the character creator, I absolutely love it and have probably spent more time creating my favorite characters than actually playing.

Currently playing my Muscle Rider character.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-13 08:07:37  
Wild arms is one of my favourite series of games, first one is my favourite though. Boomerangflash is the coolest character ever xD
Also if you havent notice my cahracters names are all wild arms based...

Tuvae is a variation of Tuvai (Zeiktuvai from wild arms 1)
Tuvai is my taru, again, zeiktuvai.
Raftina, goddes of love.
Viletnae, the last name of the female prophet in wild arms 3.
and Boomerangflash from wild arms 1 ^^
By rinkydink 2011-03-13 08:22:43  
zahrah said:
Quote:

im suprised SE doesnt have back up servers in another country tbh.. contingency plans and all that
 Asura.Theringer
サーバ: Asura
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2011-03-13 08:25:59  
rinkydink said:
zahrah said:
Quote:

im suprised SE doesnt have back up servers in another country tbh.. contingency plans and all that

Wait.. You're suprised SE doesn't have a back up plan?! Really...!?
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-13 08:28:51  
Most MMO's have their servers in multiple locations, i'm supprised SE doesnt have servers in US, UK, France or germany.
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
サーバ: Bismarck
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-03-13 08:29:51  
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Most MMO's have their servers in multiple locations, i'm supprised SE doesnt have servers in US, UK, France or germany.
this.. they have offices in these countries so why not servers /shrug
By Eluveitie 2011-03-13 08:31:20  
Well.... seeing I've been in and out of the hospitol for two months and haven't logged on more than like 3 days in that time this shutoff dosent really bother me. Guess ill continue on as I have been with the fallouts and fables and GT4 and FF7's and 13's and 12's blah blah so on and so forth.
 Asura.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2011-03-13 08:31:39  
I imagine the free billing month will screw with some peoples content IDs.. that was my first thought "Gonna enjoy hearing the rage when they screw people over" Either charged double or perma-banned lol
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-13 08:35:07  
Bismarck.Rinkydink said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
this.. they have offices in these countries so why not servers /shrug

I would of thought they would ship the servers to a diff country to allow FFXI and FFXIV to continue, I know its in the middle of a JP crisis but I would of thought that the extra money from fee's would go to help them more
 Lakshmi.Andromida
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Andromida
By Lakshmi.Andromida 2011-03-13 08:36:29  
rinkydink said:
zahrah said:
Quote:

Having a contingency plan of that kind of scale is EXTREMELY expensive for the rare occasions when it goes down. You double the costs because you need a nearly identical setup in all locations including staffing. I don't know about you but I don't want to start paying double for my FF11 fix. Other than for maintenances and updates how often have the FF11 server been taken down?
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2011-03-13 08:37:24  
bowling
play the xbox 360 (ps3 is still broke and I'm not forking out the $125 to get it fixed)
By rinkydink 2011-03-13 08:38:09  
Lakshmi.Andromida said:
rinkydink said:
zahrah said:
Quote:

Having a contingency plan of that kind of scale is EXTREMELY expensive for the rare occasions when it goes down. You double the costs because you need a nearly identical setup in all locations including staffing. I don't know about you but I don't want to start paying double for my FF11 fix. Other than for maintenances and updates how often have the FF11 server been taken down?
staffing? they already have offices in different countries, so that isnt much of an issue. besides telling the staff that work there "your doing free overtime because you have to"

thats the point of a contingency plan.. you hope never to have to use it.. but theres the off chance you might need to!
 Diabolos.Nehalania
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Nehalania
By Diabolos.Nehalania 2011-03-13 08:39:53  
At least I'll get a break from this game now.. It happened on my spring break lol. Guess I can finally draw and design some during the week.

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-03-13 08:40:50  
i get to make it to disc 3 of FFIX :3
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-13 08:44:23  

I've got 60Gb of Southpark to watch so hopefully it should keep me busy, if all else fails I'll have to do some programming / web design to keep me busy
 Titan.Xairu
サーバ: Titan
user: Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2011-03-13 08:46:38  
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
*many pages later* Who sad that FFIX ending is bad? D: it's my favorite ff! I cried in the end <.< it was awesome imho!
I did, big whoop, wanafightaboudit?
 Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Myrrh
By Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh 2011-03-13 08:56:15  
Masturbate till I'm raw.
 Ragnarok.Albasheq
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albasheq
By Ragnarok.Albasheq 2011-03-13 08:57:42  
hmmmm i guess i'll go with the following:~

1- Dragon Age 1
2- Xenogears "replay~"
3- Dragon Age 2
4- Dead Space 1
5- Dead Space 2
6- vagrant story "replay~"
7-Rift~
8- will play League of legends and watch TV shows every now and then

even thought i'm sure i wont do 1/3 of this but that's my plan :)

P.S: this plan is for one month without FFXI~
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-13 09:04:36  
What games should I pirate during the shutdown?

Suggestions would be appreciated, before I kill myself.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21