フォーラム » FFXI » General » Drop Rate vs. WS Kill/Magic Kill
Drop Rate vs. WS Kill/Magic Kill
 Bahamut.Forute
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Forute 2009-03-14 21:44:55  
Nightfyre said:
[quote=Vintaru]Back when I first started the game, my only job was BLM. I wanted to unlock SMN so as a LV30 BLM I went to blow up some Leeches. I prob killed over 50 of those things and never got that damn ruby. A melee friend came to help and he got it to drop on his second kill....

Drop rate on the ruby is pathetic, probably <1%. Your friend just got lucky, I know a friend of mine got her ruby while farming blood as a DRG but it was after about 80 kills.

WAT

Put this in your pipe and smoke it, no TH either in about 10 minutes of a single pop cycle.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6505/ffxi20090220181229.png
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-14 22:00:26  
My theory has more to do with players. If someone has not fought a NM before, or hasnt fought it many times, and he's in ur pt, i think the drop rate is a bit higher. To sum up, i think the player with the lower amount of experience on particular mob brings a higher chance of drop. As opposed to someone who already has it, or has had it drop in their pt before.

To comment on the topic at hand, it could be a case where distance factors in too. If your a DD you kill it right next to mob, but mages are standing back usually.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-14 22:03:58  
Forute's link

Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-14 22:32:57  
Forute said:
Nightfyre said:
Vintaru said:
Back when I first started the game, my only job was BLM. I wanted to unlock SMN so as a LV30 BLM I went to blow up some Leeches. I prob killed over 50 of those things and never got that damn ruby. A melee friend came to help and he got it to drop on his second kill....

Drop rate on the ruby is pathetic, probably <1%. Your friend just got lucky, I know a friend of mine got her ruby while farming blood as a DRG but it was after about 80 kills.

WAT

Put this in your pipe and smoke it, no TH either in about 10 minutes of a single pop cycle.

Entirely within the realm of possibility. Unlikely, but possible. On the complete other side of things, go back to the first page, there's a post there claiming someone went over 1000 kills without a drop. Probability just works that way sometimes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-15 00:16:18  
Tails said:
This thread is stupid. Drops are based on Percentages. Not on how you kill it. You don't do better on a multiple choice question just because you use a different pencil.

Would you consider the use of a THF analogous to using a different, better pencil? Or would TH fit elsewhere in your analogy?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Aeneas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Aeneas
By Leviathan.Aeneas 2009-03-15 00:28:11  
i'm calling placebo effect on this theory of method of killing affecting drop rates...ive been farming in zi'tah for quite a while as DRG, which can kill by melee swings, ws, and magic (wyvern breaths). i havent noticed anything odd.

for what its worth, ive parsed 156 goblin poacher kills, and found a 15.38% drop rate on gob masks with TH1. the tally on wiki has only 59 recorded kills, and a 20% drop rate. i suspect that may be higher than my drop rate because ive seen many thfs farming there, having a higher TH than me as /thf.
 Bahamut.Ziggz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-03-15 04:18:02  
Tails said:
This thread is not taking treasure hunter into consideration.

what does TH have to do with how you kill stuff... how TH works isn't quite known anyway, but anyone that has bothered to look it up knows this theory from wiki>>>

Treasure Hunter doesn't increase the drop rate % of an item, but instead gives you more chances to receive the item.
For Example: Say an item has a 5% drop rate. A player without Treasure Hunter gets 1 random "roll" from say 1-100. A roll of 96-100 is required to get the drop (given a 5% chance). Treasure Hunter doesn't increase the %, but rather it gives more random "rolls" increasing the odds much like buying more lottery tickets would increase odds in hitting the jackpot. The percentage is still the same, you just have more chances. This is why when a thief is in a party, there are often more total drops in general.

edit: it would have made more since for me to quote Nightfyre not Tails, o well