Merge FFXI with FFXIV
 Gilgamesh.Dionel
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Dionel
By Gilgamesh.Dionel 2011-03-10 13:51:36  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yet they were able to make a conceptual video of what FF7 would look like on a ps3? Sorry, but I really think they are able to do it. What legal issues would they have? Everything is under their company to do so with that material what they want. They don't need a sequel.. its a remake. How were they able to remake 4 then if they weren't set up to do sequels, and numerous times I might add. It's definitely within the realm of possibilities and I bet it will happen. Only a matter of time.
Wasn't that also the ending of Crisis Core though? The "To be continued" part?
To be continued meaning the storyline to FF7. Crisis Core is a prequel to FF7
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 14:20:51  
Gilgamesh.Dionel said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yet they were able to make a conceptual video of what FF7 would look like on a ps3? Sorry, but I really think they are able to do it. What legal issues would they have? Everything is under their company to do so with that material what they want. They don't need a sequel.. its a remake. How were they able to remake 4 then if they weren't set up to do sequels, and numerous times I might add. It's definitely within the realm of possibilities and I bet it will happen. Only a matter of time.

Yeah I know that, Im saying the PS3 Test footage from what I remember is the same cut scene from crisis core. I could be wrong

Edit

Well it's very close lol :X
 Sylph.Thenick
サーバ: Sylph
user: xthenickx
By Sylph.Thenick 2011-03-10 14:26:40  
Wafflechan said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:
Lets merge Dogs with Cats!!! and Apples with Pears!!!
Already been done >_>

How does that thing poop?
 Valefor.Leith
サーバ: Valefor
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-10 14:28:17  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Gilgamesh.Dionel said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Yeah I know that, Im saying the PS3 Test footage from what I remember is the same cut scene from crisis core. I could be wrong

Edit

Well it's very close lol :X

Regardless if its the same or not, it still solidifies the fact that they have the ability to make a FFVII remake. Honestly what I see happening is history repeating itself.

Squaresoft was in the shitter way back when
they decided to go out with a bang and create one last game
thus they called it "Final Fantasy"
and it shot them to the top

if SE gets to such a low point, it would hardly surprise anyone that they would be desperate enough to do an FFVII or even FFVIII/FFIX remakes to get themselves back on top, while FFVII has a huge fanbase, so does VIII and IX, the same going for IV, VI and so on

SE could really make any number of these remakes and it would more than likely drag them out of the grave they dug themselves into
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-10 14:29:58  
Erm, what exactly are you talking about with this grave? This company is doing very well financially. Just become one of their games bombed (14) doesn't meant he entire company is in a ***hole.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 14:31:15  
13 bombed too, so did 12 :S
By Artemicion 2011-03-10 14:38:16  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Erm, what exactly are you talking about with this grave? This company is doing very well financially. Just become one of their games bombed (14) doesn't meant he entire company is in a ***hole.

A successful corporation isn't without its mistakes or failures.
Square was in the hole for a lot of money they owed to Sony for their bomb: Final Fantasy The Spirits Within, which fell nowhere remotely close to their expectations in sales/box office. Yet they had already invested millions upon millions putting it into fruition.

Same thing with XIV, they made a huge investment and jumped the gun, disappointing many devout SE consumers. It'll simply take some good decision making and being careful with their future plans to make up for this fault. But I figure if Square can survive their movie blunder, then they can get over the hurdle of XIV's failure. The only downside is you can't really regain the trust of players when it comes to the nature of an MMO. The market is flooded with competition aiming to keep your recurring fee going. While with a movie, you just cut your losses and ship it out on DVD.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 15:02:25  
Artemicion said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

A successful corporation isn't without its mistakes or failures.
Square was in the hole for a lot of money they owed to Sony for their bomb: Final Fantasy The Spirits Within, which fell nowhere remotely close to their expectations in sales/box office. Yet they had already invested millions upon millions putting it into fruition.

Same thing with XIV, they made a huge investment and jumped the gun, disappointing many devout SE consumers. It'll simply take some good decision making and being careful with their future plans to make up for this fault. But I figure if Square can survive their movie blunder, then they can get over the hurdle of XIV's failure. The only downside is you can't really regain the trust of players when it comes to the nature of an MMO. The market is flooded with competition aiming to keep your recurring fee going. While with a movie, you just cut your losses and ship it out on DVD.

They shouldn't have even added Final Fantasy to the title lol. It could have done better that way.
 Valefor.Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-10 15:08:06  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Exactly, the company was great just as Squaresoft, every FF had its perks. Then they became SE to make FFXI, cool. But every following FF, XII XIII XIV and X-2 have all been pretty shitty.
I'll admit I enjoyed XII and XIII but they just arent the same, they dont feel like they belong to the Final Fantasy family if you ask me.
I'm not saying that SE will fully fail anytime soon, but Spirits Within *** them up to start with, then XII and XIII sales were horrible compared to what they wanted, reducing projected revenue, and then we all know the XIV fail bomb reducing their projected income by some 90%. While they may be ok now all of this will eventually stack together against them

inb4whataboutcrisiscoreanddissidia

Both are great games, both by SE, granted, but they are made based off the original games that were already great.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
サーバ: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2011-03-10 15:10:21  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

# Final Fantasy XIII (2.89 million approximately: 1.85 million in Japan, 140,000 in other Asian countries,[127] 828,200 in US,[128] 100,000 in UK)[20]

# Final Fantasy XII (5.2 million approximately: 2.4 million in Japan,[118] 1.7 million in US,[19] 1.1 million in Europe;[119] 5.2 million shipped)[120]

Might of been disliked but people still bought it.

Ifrit.Elmodfz
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2011-03-10 15:10:46  
Would be nice to just scrap FFXIV and focus on updating graphics of FFXI.

And also give us the option of changing our character appearance to the extent you can in 14, that would be nice.

And of course, making capes actually appear on screen.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 15:10:55  
Incoming Flame Storm.. I kind of liked Crisis Core more then FF7..

Cloud is such a wuss lol
 Valefor.Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-10 15:12:32  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Cloud is such a wuss lol
Agreed. Zack FTMFW
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 15:13:44  
Valefor.Leith said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Cloud is such a wuss lol
Agreed. Zack FTMFW

Im mad Zack still dies, even if I game shark :(
By Artemicion 2011-03-10 15:14:21  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

They shouldn't have even added Final Fantasy to the title lol. It could have done better that way.

That seems to be the Catch-22 for Square-Enix these days.
They rely heavily on the vast overall success of their Final Fantasy series, and essentially milk previous successes dry, or simply go their own way and fail to meet their target audience's expectations.

In other words they know their sales will be great because they stamp "Final Fantasy" on the title, regardless of the content therein. In reality, they can only pull this off so many time before Final Fantasy merely becomes a name of recollection and nostalgia rather than a genuinely original and enjoyable series. However, to make independent titles is also in a way dooming them in lack of sales for the same reason. Games are simply too expensive to make and too inconsistent based on what the developers create, and what people choose to purchase.
 Valefor.Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-10 15:20:00  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Cloud is such a wuss lol
Agreed. Zack FTMFW

Im mad Zack still dies, even if I game shark :(
lol i remember back when i did that last fight, i didnt know the ending like most people so i sat there killing soldiers for 3 hours >.> then i got mad and let myself die

---black screen---

lolwtfcutscene?!

but yeah, Crisis Core is the 2nd FF that was able to make me cry with the ending, first being FFX T^T
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-03-10 15:20:47  
Wafflechan said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
it's been gone over a gazillion times xi didn't even come close to amassing the rave that wow did, therefore why would square bros ever recreate a game that failed to do what they initially planned to do: make mad cash moneys if anything, making a recreation of ffvii's world but online would be the bees knees for sales (as long as they didn't push to get it available to the public immediately, see: xiv), even though i myself am more fond of xi by ten fold
I don't get why every SE fanboy thinks mentioning FFVII and a rehash of any kind will be instant win for SE. It may have been your first FF/RPG, but it is not, and never will be, the greatest FF ever. Overly cliched hype =/= good game.

FFIV, FFVI, and FFX were way better. Oh and FFT.
I dont get why you think those were better. I dont. OWAIT! personal opinion lolz. SE favors 7. It has been proven. Why? It makes them more moneyz. Other wise youd have FFIV: Prequel, FFIV: The movie, FFIV: sequel. Etc. Get over it. You know what i'd rather see a remake of? Chrono Cross/trigger.... They were way better than any ff game IMO. And thats those are the keywords "IMO".
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 15:21:57  
FFX made me ROFL

Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-10 15:22:04  
Artemicion said:
[
They rely heavily on the vast overall success of their Final Fantasy series, and essentially milk previous successes dry, or simply go their own way and fail to meet their target audience's expectations.

In other words they know their sales will be great because they stamp "Final Fantasy" on the title, regardless of the content therein. In reality, they can only pull this off so many time before Final Fantasy merely becomes a name of recollection and nostalgia rather than a genuinely original and enjoyable series. However, to make independent titles is also in a way dooming them in lack of sales for the same reason. Games are simply too expensive to make and too inconsistent based on what the developers create, and what people choose to purchase.

This sounds about right from speculation. I assume if this wasn't true, we would've seen sequels to Einhander, Live A Live, and Ehrgeiz or something.

I don't even know what they were thinking with Front Mission Evolved and the fact that the past SaGa games have been nothing but remakes, but I suppose that says something about how well the non-Final Fantasy Square titles fare.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 15:23:35  
Ehrgeiz was a little fun.. The ending is stupid its like your supposed to lose no matter what.
 Valefor.Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-10 15:24:00  
must'
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
FFX made me ROFL

Must've been an awkward day in the recording studio
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-10 15:26:09  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ehrgeiz was a little fun.. The ending is stupid its like your supposed to lose no matter what.
iirc you can make it all the way through the credits without dying but it's a pain in the ***. Been forever since I played that game, should see if I still have it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-10 15:26:35  
The credits block the screen :/
By Artemicion 2011-03-10 15:27:34  
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Artemicion said:
[

This sounds about right from speculation. I assume if this wasn't true, we would've seen sequels to Einhander, Live A Live, and Ehrgeiz or something.

I don't even know what they were thinking with Front Mission Evolved and the fact that the past SaGa games have been nothing but remakes, but I suppose that says something about how well the non-Final Fantasy Square titles fare.

It was around the late 90s when Square decided to branch out from their typical RPG genre make various racing and fighting games which weren't too successful and for the most part were only available in Japan.

I think The Bouncer is enough testimony to this.
Was a neat story, but the gameplay was clunky and frustrating.
Perhaps SE needs to go back to what is tried and tested rather than continuously experiment with what they can and cannot get away with.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-10 15:45:53  
Valefor.Leith said:
Regardless if its the same or not, it still solidifies the fact that they have the ability to make a FFVII remake. Honestly what I see happening is history repeating itself. Squaresoft was in the shitter way back when they decided to go out with a bang and create one last game thus they called it "Final Fantasy" and it shot them to the top if SE gets to such a low point, it would hardly surprise anyone that they would be desperate enough to do an FFVII or even FFVIII/FFIX remakes to get themselves back on top, while FFVII has a huge fanbase, so does VIII and IX, the same going for IV, VI and so on SE could really make any number of these remakes and it would more than likely drag them out of the grave they dug themselves into
Artemicion said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
A successful corporation isn't without its mistakes or failures. Square was in the hole for a lot of money they owed to Sony for their bomb: Final Fantasy The Spirits Within, which fell nowhere remotely close to their expectations in sales/box office. Yet they had already invested millions upon millions putting it into fruition. Same thing with XIV, they made a huge investment and jumped the gun, disappointing many devout SE consumers. It'll simply take some good decision making and being careful with their future plans to make up for this fault. But I figure if Square can survive their movie blunder, then they can get over the hurdle of XIV's failure. The only downside is you can't really regain the trust of players when it comes to the nature of an MMO. The market is flooded with competition aiming to keep your recurring fee going. While with a movie, you just cut your losses and ship it out on DVD.

I liked everything Squaresoft ever made. NES,SNES,PS etc. It didn't matter. Even their mediocre games beat out half of the crap coming from the competiton (unless you count working designs, or if you are japanese and think the dragon warrior series was superior to FF). At some point Enix took over and decided to change the company motto to Quantity and Profitability over Quality. The only benefit is that the Dragon Quest games actually benefitted from the merger.

I honestly get the impression this new creature Square has become, with the Enix cancer ravaging it's veins, is so grossly out of touch that they have no idea what they're doing. I think they genuinely thought "if we release FFXIV with no content or anything besides hot new graphics, itll still rock the boat." Did anyone actually feel a remote bit of empathy or relation to the characters and storyline in 12 or 13? Sure Fran gave me a twinge in my pants but otherwise I felt I was grinding out hours just to FORCE myself to finish it for "ive beaten every FF game ever" completion. I used to fall in love with a FF game. I still periodically refurbish or rebuy deal SNES's on ebay just for the nostalgia of the games over an emulator.

I'm sorry but pointing out the monetary "success" of SE does not mean they aren't a failure. Squaresoft indoctrinated generations of gamers into salivating at the mouth for months before a game release. Now the latest FF games are like "the spirits within". They have the final fantasy name on them but they otherwise dont relate and generally dissapoint everyone.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-03-10 15:46:42  
Probably could do if it wasn't for PS2 limitations!
By Artemicion 2011-03-10 15:52:55  
As for the whole FF12 thing, let me put it into perspective:

In almost every typical save-the-world RPG, you play through the eyes and viewpoint of the protagonist hero or heroine. The one who is strong, determined, steadfast yet emotional and not without their faults and the inevitable overcoming them to triumph and victory thus saving the world from whatever strange twisted plight or villain that brings this about.

To make the main character some orphan with big dreams, caught in the middle of everything that was going on gives you a viewpoint of looking up to these people and what they go through as you're with them rather than having a typical role-playing scenario of being the one who follows through.

It was an admirable attempt by Square but ultimately fell short in detail and development and ended up becoming Final Fantasy XII: Star Wars. Regardless of that, I somehow enjoyed XII more than most people did. Perhaps because the worlds were open, vast and well detailed with a gameplay element similar to XI. Also it was nice to see a storyline and plot revolve around a war than some hodgepodge mix of villain with evil intentions and romance and predictable twists.
 Shiva.Mohit
サーバ: Shiva
user: Mohit
By Shiva.Mohit 2011-03-10 15:57:59  
Ifrit.Maddii said:
Lets merge Dogs with Cats!!!

and Apples with Pears!!!

Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-10 15:58:24  
Artemicion said:
As for the whole FF12 thing, let me put it into perspective: In almost every typical save-the-world RPG, you play through the eyes and viewpoint of the protagonist hero or heroine. The one who is strong, determined, steadfast yet emotional and not without their faults and the inevitable overcoming them to triumph and victory thus saving the world from whatever strange twisted plight or villain that brings this about. To make the main character some orphan with big dreams, caught in the middle of everything that was going on gives you a viewpoint of looking up to these people and what they go through as you're with them rather than having a typical role-playing scenario of being the one who follows through. It was an admirable attempt by Square but ultimately fell short in detail and development and ended up becoming Final Fantasy XII: Star Wars. Regardless of that, I somehow enjoyed XII more than most people did.

Every FF game is a grind. Somehow I had fun killing 1000x enemies with the fun abilities (and different skills of each character) for years. With FFXII, not so much. Every character can learn every spell and do every move with every weapon makes them too bland. I was sick of grinding before i even met Fran and Pirateface. To this day I can start a new game of FFIV and grind out the "secret" summons from the imps and cockatrices without batting an eyelash.

The "NM" system in FFXII was fun for awhile when I was killing a rare spawn elephant or piranhna (or just dying to a giant t-rex for the lulz) but some of those *** seriously took hours to pop. I play console games to get AWAY from FFXI. Also, I still have my bounding boots to this day. I don't wanna waste an afternoon getting an item in a game that i plan to RESTART one day. ***was weak.
[+]