Atmas For Monk!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Atmas for Monk!
Atmas for Monk!
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-03-07 21:24:13  
The 2 I always choose are RR+Apoc then for third usually choose between GH, VV, or A/O unless i'm soloing then I would normally go with MC.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
サーバ: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2011-03-07 22:00:56  
I agree apoc is much better for DD. I was pointing out what i use to tank. Usually its just me mnk and me whm when i play mnk.

But yes. Apoc.win.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 22:23:40  
Unicorn.Motokosun said:
I agree apoc is much better for DD. I was pointing out what i use to tank. Usually its just me mnk and me whm when i play mnk.

But yes. Apoc.win.
Counter rate has a hard cap of 80%, roaring laughter is a waste of an atma slot whether or not you are tanking.

80% counter rate w/ the 95% hitrate cap leaves you with a max of 76% counter rate (perfect counter excluded).

w/ af2 shoes macroed in for your counterstance and capped counter merits, I parsed gnarled horn alone w/ counterstance to be 74.something% counter (w/o any use of perfect counter).

Which means you're getting 1-2% counter rate from roaring laughter.

Complete and utter waste.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-27 14:27:58  
With the cap on critical hit dmg adjusted, how well does RR/SS/Apoc perform compared to RR/GH/Apoc?
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-05-27 14:36:52  
If you want a more consistant crit rate + counter + less mob tp spam go for GH. If you want higher crit dmg and a little more hp go SS. If you're tanking on mnk (which you pretty much always will) nothing will beat GH. Agi(subtle blw.evasion)/counter/crit rate is to valuable. I use SS when im fighting things that i cant counter of course. Iron giants / shinryu / heavy magic casters ect.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-27 14:40:39  
use RR/GH/SS *coolface*
 Lakshmi.Odude
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2011-05-27 15:07:03  
Previously to finishing Lv.85 Verethragna, I used GH/RR/Apoc in a tanking situation. Somebody brought Tiger's information to me, and I stopped even trying to get Roaring Laughter. (Which may be useful for other jobs, but not for MNK.)

Now that I have Victory Smite, I use VV/RR/Apoc. I used this same setup in an EXP party before the new WS, or if I was in there just to help out with RED procs.
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-05-27 15:19:30  
I switched from RR/GH/Apoc to RR/GH/SS after the crit cap increase... Asides the random screw up when I need reraise, I like it.

But what do I know... lolbandwagon mnk
[+]