users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » TE farming on blu
TE farming on blu
 Ragnarok.Kingx
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kingx
By Ragnarok.Kingx 2011-03-04 04:28:29  
Hi guys looking for good guide for make TE Farm on blu Magic Aoe..
I Started to make some farm TE inside ABY altepa (Mandys) At least done 10-12 each train.. Used Ultimate,Fire matk+ superior,BM atmas..
Phalanx + aqueveil and cocoon + ice spikes (/rdm) after train i Soporific all mobs then drink or memento mori after thermal pulse>dream flower>thermal pulse>look at buff > finish mob:)
Anybody can give me others place and mobs to kills and which spells are better for they? thx
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-04 04:35:08  
If you use Charged Whisker as well you can kill them without waiting on Thermal recast, which is nice if you have sniping leeches nearby.

Anything works as long as it doesn't resist sleep, resist magic damage [too much] or hit too hard. I wouldn't bother doing anything that doesn't link... Vunkerl crawlers are really nice.
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2011-03-04 04:35:22  
Charged Whisker.

Atma of the Lion
Atma of the Blinding Horn
Atma of the Ultimate.

PS: Go to sleep Rae.

For reference this is what I use:
Demon's Ring is Augmented with +3 MAB

[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-04 04:46:00  
Hey it's the morning for me.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-04 04:56:21  
Started to play around with this yesterday, are af3+2 pants better than teal?
And how does Teal body compare to Loki?
Just been nuking in crimson body so far, as it doubles up for my mnd sets aswell >_<
Really short on inventory-space on BLU..
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2011-03-04 05:01:15  
I am by no means an expert when it comes to the whole math portion of this.

But I believe Teal is better than Lokis in terms of overall effect of the spell.

To be honest, the main reason I use Mavi Tayt is due to inventory space, however I do believe that Teal may pull ahead in certain, if not most situation. Plus the overall use of all the things the Tayts have to offer, haste, skill, dex, are nice when a spell like Charged Whisker has a pretty decent recast time.

But those are just my two cents.
 Valefor.Pairak
サーバ: Valefor
user: Pairak
By Valefor.Pairak 2011-03-04 06:05:58  
I often farm TE's as blu in Missurex Coast on the frogs by flux 0. I use the following atma's, MM, VV and Stout Arm. I have someone else pull usually (tho, can also do small pulls solo) then when they come to where I camp I use Dream Flower. For gear I use full BLU Af3 (all except hands +2) cause I dont want to gear swap during it and the AF offer boosts to CA,BA and Efflux, not to mention reduced cast/recast time. When im ready to start I use CA+BA, charged whiskers followed by Whirl of Rage then I use Dream Flower again. Once they sleep I just wait a bit for dream flower recast to go down, then I efflux and Whirl of Rage again, if mobs still live I sleep them again and use another whisker or WoR depending on their remaining HP. Would imagine same strat to work well on other mobs then frogs as well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 08:58:02  
Hard to really compare MAB to stats without knowing approximate values of each you are using but dex is rather strong during BA on whisker
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-04 09:04:28  

This but Loki and Aias bonnet is what I currently use for whisker.
I use af3+2 pants and cuchulain's belt during BA.
Anything obvious I can improve? (Af3+1/2 hands and +2 shoes beeing obvious to me aswell)

Edit: Lion + Ultimate + MM atmas beeing my usual choices for this.
Taru with INT merits*
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 09:08:35  
Assuming BA. Dex ammo instead of int. Hecates earring. Dex rings. Thiazi's Belt. Might be other peices but other slots are close enough where buffs would kinda dependent
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-04 09:20:33  
How does this set up look?

Both rings with Matk+3 Mcrit rate +3

My BLU is only 69 atm but this is what I have got so far.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Shantar
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shantar
By Carbuncle.Shantar 2011-03-07 11:39:51  
If you're talking about Cleaving, then your Charged whisker builds are valid. But, if you want quick Azure go kill Ephys/Elementals. And you should be able to do so in a normal physical spell build.

What I do in cleaves, is spam Benthic Typhoon, Whirl of rage (w/CA/Efflux), and Charged Whisker (w/BA/Converge). Normal DD Atma's apply.
[+]
 Valefor.Grozny
サーバ: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2011-03-07 12:00:13  
No one in here is talking about "Cleaving"...
[+]
 Siren.Eremes
サーバ: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-03-07 12:17:11  
Any mob that:
1. doesn't resist thunder/magic in general
2. doesn't have a lot more than 5,000 HP
3. agros, links or both,
Make good AoE farming mobs for Blue Mages.

There are definitely some mobs that are more "ideal" than others, but in a pinch and particularly during JP time, you can fall back on some unusual mobs to farm. I've personally been forced to farm Scorpions and Coeurls in Tahrongi when Mandies and Bats are camped.

If you're gathering something you can reasonably oneshot (or finish off with Whirl of Rage), you should use Atma of the Lion/Ultimate/Blinding Horn; it definitely produces the best numbers for Whisker, and the lack of refresh can be made up for by a good idle set and Battery Charge.

Otherwise, I use MM so I can follow up with Thermal Pulse and not have downtime between pulls.

I personally get better results using percent increases (staves, obis, twilight cape) over MAB, MAB over DEX, and DEX over INT.

Aias Bonnet beats Teal Chapeau. I've tested Kaftan and Mavi Tayt +2 vs Teal, and Teal Saio/Slops have so far appeared better. It follows that Morrigan's Robe would beat Saio. Mavi Bazuband +1/2 and Mavi Basmak +1/2 are by far the best feet and hands.

Thunder Sachet and Thiazi are better than Snow Sachet and Penitent's Rope. As for the MAB Demon Rings vs +6/7 DEX rings, I am still unsure which are better. The difference between DEX6 and MAB2 appears marginal.

If you have the luxury of having a SCH partner, you can use a Rairin Obi and get real Phalanx, letting you mob a lot more and not even need to sleep between nukes.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-07 12:29:23  
Valefor.Grozny said:
No one in here is talking about "Cleaving"...
I dunno about anyone else but many I know as well as myself use the term 'cleaving' for any AOE mass farming of mobs.

What he meant is, if you want fast azure, you can't aoe mobs, you need to have them claimed when they die or their azure lights don't count. If your purpose is to kill mass mobs and keep out ruby or other lights you might get from other methods, this is going to be superior.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2011-03-07 12:46:37  
I've been doing this for a while now since I've been needing to farm massive amount of time for finishing my Almace.

I have 2 main camps in Mis Coast.
1 is clusters at flux 6. Load up fire atmad and thermal pulse them.
2 is spheroids at flux 6 as well weak to thunder so mmmm sexy whisker damage.

Basically if your gonna farm TE's solo go pearl 3-5 tier1 VNMs and then azure 3-5 Emp Murexs. That should be more than enough to cap your lights then go buff up and train all the mobs dream flower and nuke them down. Careful in camp 1 since there is a timed NM that spawns in there.

I usually do Dream flower > CA+Efflux Whirl of rage > BA+Memento Whisker or Thermal depending on which I am doing. And if some how they survived finish them off with another quick AoE
[+]