users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG Maat Fight
RNG Maat Fight
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-11 15:05:56  
Ok, so I am leveling Ranger as my next 75, i am currently level 64 atm. And I was wondering about a good level and gear setup for Maat fight.

Also I was wondering about which ranged to use (Bow, xbow, gun)?
Gun sounds pretty decent for this fight, seeing as how it mainly just consists of WS, Barrage, and EES. But considering the high delay that could be a problem. Bow seems to be the best choice(have Ebow btw). Anyways... [Help me out!]
 Sylph.Antxx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Antxx
By Sylph.Antxx 2009-03-11 15:16:45  
If RNG is your next 75 (meaning you already have an existing 75 job), you don't need to fight maat again unless you are aiming for Maat's Cap.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-11 15:20:29  
I fought him at 67 on RNG i think, used war bow +1. But really, comparing to other maat fights this is really nothing to worry about.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-11 15:21:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Although it's not required to kill Maat more than once to achieve 75 on every job, if you wanna kick the old man's *** for kicks or Maat's Cap, I would suggest using a bow against him since it's well balanced between delay and damage and factors in more STR for Sidewinder than Slug Shot does.
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-11 22:25:53  
Yeah, I've had the testimony forever, I figured I may as well try it for the heck of it... anyways thanks for the info.
 Bahamut.Revision
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-03-11 22:31:57  
Either gun or bow works. Don't fret too much over delay. If your skills are to cap, use yellow curry. Sleep tp WS>Barrage>WS>EES and done.
 Ifrit.Kalix
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-03-12 18:21:24  
Wow, it's been years since I've done that fight. Of course, that was prepatch Rng. My Rng looked at him and made Maat pee himself.

I don't think there is anyway to fail this fight as long as you either a) sleep TP to start or b) have a TP wing.

On another not, this may be what you wanna do for order:

Prep Barrage/SS first then WS>Barrage>Shadowbind>EES>Sidewinder (as you may not have full TP from the Barrge, the EES may give you that last boost. Aslo, EES is instant, so as you are performing the animation, you can hit Sidewinder right after)
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-12 18:29:51  
When I fought Maat the first time on rng, I made the mistake of shadowbinding him first thing and then immediately sidewindering. The sidewinder wore off his shadowbind, so he just ran up to me and punched me to death. The way I won the second time was I went in, slept myself to 100% tp, used a blink band, ran into the ring, sidewindered him, then used shadowbind, barrage --> sidewinder --> eagle eye shot. He used EES on me but my blink band absorbed it, so by the time his bind wore off and he was able to run up and start hitting me for damage he was already mostly dead, one or two more shots just to finish him was all it took. I finished in red hp because I'm squishy and don't handle getting punched in the face well, but I still beat him. That would be my suggested strategy for you ^^ but take him on anyway you want, you'll probably still win. I used a war bow +1.
 Seraph.Tarstark
サーバ: Seraph
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-03-14 19:37:15  
I used seleene's bow and waited till the moon phase gave it really good accuracy. For food, I used either rice dumplings, or a flounder, can't remember which.
And yeah, same as others.
Slept to 100%, put up velocity shot, used the JA barrage(without attacking)., then
Sidewinder, RA(which then uses up the JA barrage{since a WS won't set it off}), then EES, sidewinder, ic. wing, sidewinder.

As was mentioned, a blind band works wonders.
 Bahamut.Kimbot
サーバ: Bahamut
user: kimbot
By Bahamut.Kimbot 2009-03-14 20:22:37  
it wasnt mentioned above, but make sure you use macros for everything including ic. wing item.
sushi is a bonus. Also keep your distance. I went 1/2 bcuz Dragon Kick got me the 1st time. GL
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-14 21:01:05  
RNG can beat Maat in its sleep. I believe it's safe to say RNG Maat is the EASIEST Maat in the game. I did it at LV66 RNG and didn't take a single hit. Didn't have to use any food or meds besides Sleep Potions either.
 Seraph.Tarstark
サーバ: Seraph
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-03-14 21:24:23  
Being 2 jobs away from maats cap, the easiest so far has been dragoon.
sleep
WS, ic wing, WS, Jump Jump, 2hr(Which not only resets all jump timers, but also gives you wyverns str, def & HP!{so basically a mini-benediction), Jump, Jump, WS done.
RNG has some concerns about it.
Like, missing a WS, Maat's EES going through the blink band, that kind of stuff.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [400 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-19 08:07:56  
Got a quick question. RNG is the last job i have to beat maat with and i'm 0/1 now. I used the common strategy (with pot au feu, an xbow). Went in, slept to 100% TP, Blink Band, started of with SL followed by a barrage > shadow bind > SL > EES... after that I died, prolly because my DMG was pretty lame.

following problems:

* due to level sync my archery skills are gimp (120) and only marksmanship is capped (from THF). which means I'll have to use some xbow

* my rng is only lv 66

* i only have a rather crappy xbow

--> because i dont wanna put any more time into RNG. i dont enjoy it and it'll be retired right after beating maat, which is why i dont wanna exp it higher, camp stuff for a better bow or skill archery for a few hours.

now my question is: is there any chance i can still win this smoothly? I'd use the same gear which is equipped here atm:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=684272

I bought an Armbrust as it looked decent... there wasnt much better stuff available on the AH -_-

Any advice for me? Instead of "go level it to 70" "cap your archery" or "go camp a better weapon" ... i just wanna get this done :P
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-19 08:17:19  
I think you better start getting archery capped.

Or get that bow from that Gob NM in Gustav Tunnel.

I know you don't want to hear it, but thats what has to be done.

If you want to go the "cheap" way out, you should get a gun and a stack of bullets, since guns also use marksmanship.

But you might not be able to win still, since guns have a really long delay.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-19 08:23:21  
Asura.Korpg said:
I think you better start getting archery capped.

Or get that bow from that Gob NM in Gustav Tunnel.

I know you don't want to hear it, but thats what has to be done.

If you want to go the "cheap" way out, you should get a gun and a stack of bullets, since guns also use marksmanship.

But you might not be able to win still, since guns have a really long delay.

As I said, I definately wont camp any NMs (incl. the o-bow NM) and level RNG to 67... I would do that after I fail 10 x maybe :P. Same for skilling up Archery.

I've seen a few Maat videos where ppl beat him as 66 RNG, using an xbow. Just wondering which bow they used.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2010-04-19 08:32:36  
If you don't want to use a xbow use a gun seeing as that's marksmanship as well. Easily a higher damage output.

/ja sharpshot
/ja barrage
/ws slugshot
/ra
/ja eagle eye shot
/ra until you get tp
/ws slugshot
/item icarus wing
/ws slugshot

Should be long dead before you get there.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-19 08:37:38  

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Shark_Gun

and use Steel Bullets... should be a lot more dmg than last time.

Edit:
this gun doesnt look bad either
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18727
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-04-19 08:53:03  
Use silver bullets, higher dmg despite the lower lvl
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-19 08:54:43  
You're right, I just checked.

Thanks a lot! Hope this time I'll kick this old man's butt (for the last time <.< ...)
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2010-04-19 09:01:40  
Good luck!
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-20 02:02:59  
thanks, i tried right after i came home and with a gun the fight was ridiculous :P

100 TP > SL > Barrage > Shadowbind > SL > EES > win!