users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Sisyphus GS
Sisyphus GS
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-03-02 18:58:30  
Anyone have any bad stories about drop rates for this GS (without blue)? Just curious cause whoever's been editing the wiki page had it sitting at 16/20 so I went in there with some high hopes on getting this GS quickly but been 0/5 today, but got a Bale Earring so I guess it hasn't been all bad. Was just hoping that the wiki editing hasn't totally skewed the drop rate and that it IS very high and that lots of people can say they went 1/1, 1/2, or 1/3, and I can expect to get it soon. Seems like a nice GS and I don't feel like doing another magian weapon for a weapon I probably won't be using a whole lot.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 19:05:54  
Maybe it got changed cause I see no real mention on droprate on wiki...

You could just try blueing it...
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-03-02 19:11:54  
2/15ish iirc while trying for my earring... mixed blue / TH
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-02 19:18:52  
Friend went 1/1 on it, but at least you'd be making gil from fragments!
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-03-02 19:19:46  
Are it's spikes effects dispellable after Thunder/Ice Break? I only fought it once with WHM and THF so we didn't have dispel to try.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-02 19:28:16  
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Are it's spikes effects dispellable after Thunder/Ice Break? I only fought it once with WHM and THF so we didn't have dispel to try.
Tell your thf to merit it then. Since thf can steal/disple some "undispellable" stuff. Or have your whm /rdm or /sch
 Siren.Kittyhawk
サーバ: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-03-02 19:32:55  
The spikes are not dispellable, unfortunately. Also, in my experience the GS drop rate is very high and the earring is an atrocity (1/6 with 4 blue, saw the GS every time.)

Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-03-02 19:40:53  
Siren.Kittyhawk said:
The spikes are not dispellable, unfortunately. Also, in my experience the GS drop rate is very high and the earring is an atrocity (1/6 with 4 blue, saw the GS every time.)

Mostly the kind of response I was looking for to get my hopes up of seeing it drop soon lol. Sucks tho I got the earring solo on the third kill and still 0/5 on the GS. I usually just solo with the kite/deaggro strat at the bottom of the ramp as blm.
 Siren.Kittyhawk
サーバ: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-03-02 19:44:36  
I'd consider it similar to Brooder - Libeccio Mantle is about 70%~ whereas the Serentes Sabots are around ~10% (without blue etc. etc.)

You're definitely having a rough streak is the earring came before the GS. Keep trying, it isn't too awful rare. =)
 Fenrir.Calamity
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-03-10 02:11:26  
Idk, I've seen a lot more earrings than the Kriegsmesser. Think our ls has seen like, 3 gswords out of dozens of pops, many of them with blue. Bale earring seems to drop about half the time. So ya, the gsword is a touch on the rare side, but keep going, it's gotta drop eventually right?
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-10 02:18:07  
I've killed Sisyphus about 10 times with shell. I went 1/1 on earring with Blue !!, other times I think it dropped once without blue. I have never seen the GS drop and I completely forgot it dropped this GS (Looks like a huge improvement over my lolbalmung).

I doubt my shell will ever kill him again anyways, we have terrible luck with his fragment, 2/10 when I was there. =/
 Ragnarok.Waraurochs
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Waraurochs 2011-03-10 02:58:13  
That GS drops like candy for us, pretty much everyone who can use one has it in our shell. Only use I see for it anyways is for procing red. GS users should be Torcleaver onry