Sub Hand For Almace?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Sub hand for Almace?
Sub hand for Almace?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2011-03-07 15:28:21  
Well anyway back to the topic. I decided I'll make the DA+10 since it will increase my DoT on both hands and WS.

Oh and for those who haven't seen a Tyrfing proc its just an endark animation nothing fancy. I was hoping for some new kind of animation for it but nope lol

@Dasva its not to bad, fish up a T1 NM crab in LTP then get his KI and kill a frog NM that drops the bait you need and fish with that and the KI to pop the T2.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-07 15:34:23  
Nahn's soloable, takes longer to fish him up than it does to kill him... After that, just need Poroggo Dom Juan's bait (100%), should be soloable if you stun charm. Karkinos is basically Krabkatoa v2, uses Mega Scissors (hate reset) and Venom Shower, normal movement speed though iirc. With infinite MP he's not threatening at all, usual DD + WHM setup should be fine. It's his rare drop though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-08 06:21:22  
Asura.Malekith said:
Why Isador? I understand the MAC, ACC, and fastcast but if you're an Almace blu you're a CDC spamming DD. That's your role.

To that end it's a question of faster spam vs. moar dmg. Khanda +2 (whether you have the OA2-3x or OA2-4x) will rack up TP faster for WS. However, the DA sword helps with overall dmg as the DA trait will apply to both hands. This has already been pointed out too from what I've seen.

I suppose in low man if theres not other BLU to handle ellow proc equip the isador, then take it off. Atleast that's what I do.

I tank a lot on my BLU. When holding a NM to proc something, you are turned or lessening on the dmg. Extra fast cast is nice, 36% available /nin with set trait.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-08 06:23:03  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Nahn's soloable, takes longer to fish him up than it does to kill him... After that, just need Poroggo Dom Juan's bait (100%), should be soloable if you stun charm. Karkinos is basically Krabkatoa v2, uses Mega Scissors (hate reset) and Venom Shower, normal movement speed though iirc. With infinite MP he's not threatening at all, usual DD + WHM setup should be fine. It's his rare drop though.

It worth it?
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-15 17:51:44  
Double Attack will be slightly better overall damage. Someone out there did the math on a PLD with Almace and tried both. Also it will feed less TP per damage dealt as well. Personally however, I'm still going to do the Occ 2-4 because i love /DNC and i'm a waltzaholic.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-15 17:57:18  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Double Attack will be substantially better overall damage. Someone out there did the math on a PLD with Almace and tried both. Also it will feed less TP per damage dealt as well. Personally however, I'm still going to do the Occ 2-4 because i love /DNC and i'm a waltzaholic.
fixed
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-15 17:59:44  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Double Attack will be substantially better overall damage. Someone out there did the math on a PLD with Almace and tried both. Also it will feed less TP per damage dealt as well. Personally however, I'm still going to do the Occ 2-4 because i love /DNC and i'm a waltzaholic.
fixed
haha thanks
it's not my numbers and i didn't care to look at their calculations so i wasn't going to overdo it. but i'm pretty sure you're right. i've had my share of using both TYPE of weapons (not swords however, and no almace to back it up).