Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-02-25 11:02:10  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Where do you get room on your BLU for a semidecent Evasion set?!
You know how you smuggle crack into the country?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 11:03:19  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Yeah I'm trying to figure that one out... though you wont really need a tp set if you plan on soloing/having hate the whole time. If you plan on not meleeing at all wont need ws set either.

My idea is to idle in evasion cast between hits. Steal tp like a boss. So just really need macc, spell set for a couple of spells and the evasion set.

It's a work in progress... partly cause I really don't want to make evasion swds lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-25 11:07:29  
True that.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-02-25 11:40:24  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Yeah I'm trying to figure that one out... though you wont really need a tp set if you plan on soloing/having hate the whole time. If you plan on not meleeing at all wont need ws set either.

My idea is to idle in evasion cast between hits. Steal tp like a boss. So just really need macc, spell set for a couple of spells and the evasion set.

It's a work in progress... partly cause I really don't want to make evasion swds lol

Back when my blu was in the mid 60s-70s I used Scorpion harness+1 like a boss when soloing, it's only 12 evasion but all in all it made quite a big difference, i dont know if it makes a huge difference now with abyssea added into the equation, but who knows, I havnt even played blu outside Procing yellow staggers lately D:
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-25 11:59:56  
Odin.Spccdog said:
i was gonna say theres important spells at each level if he didnt leech to 90. which takes all the fun out of blu. i had the most fun soloing mobs for spells as i leveled up. and even when you have a party or alliance of blus going for spells was a ton of fun.

You had fun learning spells? This is the part I hated most about leveling BLU. My elvaan can't learn anything the first time and it's my luck that I never see the tp move for a long span of time.
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-02-25 13:20:54  
Bahamut.Dasva said:

So lets see...18 Agi and Evasion +40 in 2 slots.
Challenge accepted!
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 13:25:28  
Cerberus.Sey said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
So lets see...18 Agi and Evasion +40 in 2 slots.
Challenge accepted!
Actualy thinking of only making one so I can just keep WoE or almace mainhand. Think that would increase dmg more than putting 20 evasion elsewhere... or at least better dmg dealt to tp given ratio

That and I'm being lazy
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-02-25 13:33:11  
That's true. I have yet to collect a single Helm of Briareus after nearly 2 weeks of being on this trial. If anything, I'm the lazy one. But yeah 1 sword will do.
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-03-02 12:48:16  

This would be my up to the minute evasion set if I choose to attempt it. Maybe it'll be better once I finish the 2 agility swords.
The Alli post on BLU soloing is very intriguing and my NIN/DNC sucks, but do have to admit that this set is pretty horrid.