Post Your Blade: Hi Dmg Here!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Post your Blade: Hi Dmg here!
Post your Blade: Hi Dmg here!
By richwood 2011-02-28 03:56:34  
Loving all the QQ'rs who troll threads when they probably fail @ most things in life judging by their poor ability to communicate appropriately in a forum. aye, most likely due to the shield of anonymity the internet offers...anyway;

I have a Kanngi Nin, and all my jobs are well geared, as they where before abyssea existed.

Outside of abyssea Blade: Hi still preforms well, although you will loose about 250 damage on avg on mobs (I did my test on Colibri's lv 77-78, ones) and Jin was about 2k'ish and Hi 1.7'ish. although the aftermath clearly makes up for any loss in burst damage from WS.

The clear thing to remember here is this: A fully self hasted Nin/Dnc has a complete reduction of about 65% DW+ haste, about 80% of total damage come from solid DPS not Burst damage. Anyhow, a couple quick things I have noticed in small testing 100 mobs or so.

Sorry if it does not help.
 Asura.Buddhsie
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-02-28 04:45:01  
You suck, Richwood.. just like ninja.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-03-05 07:34:36  
ok so no one has really worked out a Blade Hi set for outside abyssea and majority of people have the mind set "people do ***outside abyssea?" well ofc.

i come up with a WS set for outside abyssea but still a working progress but here are some numbers OUTSIDE of abyssea. just missing a couple items, should up the dmg slightly and stablise it abit. went to Wajaom Woodlands to try out.

here is what i was WSing with, all i changed was hands body and back mainly for the crit hit rate and to add a little more dex, seems like it works, need to get hope torque and the ATT+15 ACC+15 DA+1% belt tho

Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 08:24:05  
Meh, you picked the weakest Easy prey monsters in the game to test that on, I did get a consistant 1k against a few T2 vnms though, but i havnt configured my set up for outside abyssea yet.
Inside abyssea however, i've been getting roughly 4k to 6k damage, but sometimes as low as 400, please clear this up for me though, is Blade: hi a multi hit weaponskill?
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-03-05 08:35:37  
short answer is yes it is a multi hit WS.

naturally its a single hit but Dual Wield makes it multi hit

this is taken from Wiki
Quote:
During physical-damage Weapon Skills, an extra hit is performed with the secondary weapon. This does not apply to elemental Weapon Skills (such as Shining Strike) or special Weapon Skills such as Spirits Within.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 08:37:55  
Cerberus.Lightvision said:
short answer is yes it is a multi hit WS.

naturally its a single hit but Dual Wield makes it multi hit

this is taken from Wiki
Quote:
During physical-damage Weapon Skills, an extra hit is performed with the secondary weapon. This does not apply to elemental Weapon Skills (such as Shining Strike) or special Weapon Skills such as Spirits Within.

Ahhh that's cleared up a bit for me :o
Cheer's dude!
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-05 09:02:03  
This is what I use to WS in outside of abyssea:

I tried to stack all the Crit hit rate gear I could get, then tossed on a little DEX to help with the crits. I also use Oirandori when I sub anything besides DNC.

My DMG is still very random from 300 on the easiest of things in sky and up to 3k the gods.
By richwood 2011-03-05 09:03:25  

Current Gear I am using for Hi. Not quite complete yet.

When I log on I will go slap some bees and Colibri around for some higher number outside abyssea.
By javelinx 2011-03-05 09:43:56  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Meh, you picked the weakest Easy prey monsters in the game to test that on, I did get a consistant 1k against a few T2 vnms though, but i havnt configured my set up for outside abyssea yet.
Inside abyssea however, i've been getting roughly 4k to 6k damage, but sometimes as low as 400, please clear this up for me though, is Blade: hi a multi hit weaponskill?

The sometimes as low as 400 hits are more likely a guard proc from the mob as well as a miss from your off hand, ive seen ukon, amano90, caladbolg all hit really low numbers on nq mobs during TE farm when they're averaging 2-5k per ws which is usually chalked up as a guard proc from w/e mob (barring mobs we know dont have gaurd, which is relatively few)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-05 10:14:13  
javelinx said:
The sometimes as low as 400 hits are more likely a guard proc from the mob as well as a miss from your main hand
fixed

The ideal set outside Abyssea varies wildly by your target mob since the goal is to cap dDEX. As a general rule though, Iga Ningi +2 is best-in-slot, as are Iga Tekko +2 and Maat's Cap. Haidate or possibly Tumbler Trunks (if dDEX caps relatively low yet pDIF is uncapped, but generally Haidate) replace Ambusher's Hose, and items like Rajas, Lithe Boots, and Cuch/Warwolf Belt should be considered.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 10:17:36  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
javelinx said:
The sometimes as low as 400 hits are more likely a guard proc from the mob as well as a miss from your main hand
fixed

The ideal set outside Abyssea varies wildly by your target mob since the goal is to cap dDEX. As a general rule though, Iga Ningi +2 is best-in-slot, as are Iga Tekko +2 and Maat's Cap. Haidate or possibly Tumbler Trunks (if dDEX caps relatively low, but generally Haidate) replace Ambusher's Hose, and items like Rajas, Lithe Boots, and Cuch/Warwolf Belt should be considered.

Deceit mask is a nice alternative to Maat's cap, also, dDex cap is 20% crit rate right? So it's around 140 dex i assume? I cant remember :<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-05 10:20:36  
It's 50 DEX over the mob's AGI. Getting close to that value is important because the benefits of increasing dDEX are non-linear; you get 1% for every ~10 dDEX at low levels but for dDEX=40~50 it's 1% per point of DEX.
[+]
By richwood 2011-03-05 10:21:54  
I agree, I have not done enough testing since it is rare to play Nin out side abyssea now-a-days. Also remember that gear is not one size fits all since race will largely play a role outside abyssea also.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 10:24:22  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It's 50 DEX over the mob's AGI. Getting close to that value is important because the benefits of increasing dDEX are non-linear; you get 1% for every ~10 dDEX at low levels but for dDEX=40~50 it's 1% per point of DEX.
So it's a case of utilizing as much dex/agi gear outside abyssea, wait you just said that.
lol thanks for the explanation though, I'm not so good at the game mechanics behind this sorta stuff ._.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-05 10:25:04  
Also, there is evidence suggesting that some Empyrean crit WS receive a scaling critrate bonus depending on your base critrate, Hi included. If this is truly the case capping dDEX is absolutely vital to maximizing both average damage and consistency outside Abyssea since you can bump your critrate up to around 50% with gear and merits, higher still with Inning.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-05 10:27:01  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
So it's a case of utilizing as much dex/agi gear outside abyssea, wait you just said that.
lol thanks for the explanation though, I'm not so good at the game mechanics behind this sorta stuff ._.
Glad to help :D Don't forget STR either, since fSTR is much less likely to be capped outside Abyssea. Can essentially look at it as a ~30% mod, plus the small bonus to attack.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 10:30:34  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Also, there is evidence suggesting that some Empyrean crit WS receive a scaling critrate bonus depending on your base critrate, Hi included. If this is truly the case capping dDEX is absolutely vital to maximizing both average damage and consistency outside Abyssea since you can bump your critrate up to around 50% with gear and merits, higher still with Inning.

Is there anything that states what the actualy crit rate is on the bonus at all?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-05 10:32:09  
Not in-game, hidden stuff like that only comes out via player testing. It appeared to double your base critrate though iirc.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 10:33:40  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Not in-game, hidden stuff like that only comes out via player testing. It appeared to double your base critrate though iirc.

That's pretty Swish :O
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2011-03-05 10:51:46  

How does this look for outside, doing things like salvage?
(The warwolf has an awesome +3 AGI augment.)
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 11:05:06  
Well if anyone's curious, here's my set-up.

Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 11:08:41  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:

How does this look for outside, doing things like salvage?
(The warwolf has an awesome +3 AGI augment.)

How did you get Kannagi(85) on your item set? D:
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2011-03-05 11:10:32  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Put in the Kamome first, then item search Kannagi, click on the 85 and add to item set.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-05 11:12:11  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Put in the Kamome first, then item search Kannagi, click on the 85 and add to item set.

Derp :<
By Serj 2011-03-05 11:21:17  
Can also just put in the item number for the lvl 85 and it will put it in.
 Cerberus.Mander
user: Mander
By Cerberus.Mander 2011-03-05 11:32:09  
[+]
By Serj 2011-03-05 11:38:39  
Wow, that's epic lol.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio