Rift
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 31 32 33
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-28 15:14:08  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'm honestly extremely bored with FFXI atm, don't do anything except ls events and sit in Jeuno. I am just really reluctant to try this out because it looks just like WoW and it seems to have a lot of the retards in it too. I need a good game! Just need something to hold me till next month I guess, pokemon, parasite eve3, dissidia etc all being released.

Gnarlwood's population is, for the most part, mature. Guardian side anyway, I don't know about the defiant population.
 Shiva.Ninaa
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-02-28 19:28:03  
I have a question about headstart, not sure if anyone would know this, but, I preordered a boxed copy from Amazon, won't get it until Thursday. Will I still be able to play tomorrow and wednesday even though headstart ends with the release tomorrow? I checked the rift forums, and website, can't seem to find an answer...

I played just a bit last night, it seems pretty cool, but I just got through the introduction questline, so I have barely even gotten into the 'real' game yet.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-28 20:33:15  
Shiva.Ninaa said:
I have a question about headstart, not sure if anyone would know this, but, I preordered a boxed copy from Amazon, won't get it until Thursday. Will I still be able to play tomorrow and wednesday even though headstart ends with the release tomorrow? I checked the rift forums, and website, can't seem to find an answer...

I played just a bit last night, it seems pretty cool, but I just got through the introduction questline, so I have barely even gotten into the 'real' game yet.
My understanding is you won't be able to play until you have the physical copy since it contains your code.

I'm in the same boat though. My copy is just going out for shipping. I tried to change the shipping method Thursday, but they told me it was too late.
By Bluban 2011-02-28 20:38:22  
I hadn't seen any RMT whispers until today and then i got like 2 whispers in about an hour gametime.I guess it was just a matter of time.
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-02-28 20:46:19  
Aww, shitty, I was assuming that was the case, but hoping that they had some contingency for people in that situation. I am going out of town this weekend too, so I am not going to have a chance to really sit down with it until like Sunday. :( thanks for the answer.

Edit:
Bluban said:
I hadn't seen any RMT whispers until today and then i got like 2 whispers in about an hour gametime.I guess it was just a matter of time.

I was playing for like an hour last night, and I got about 4-5 >.>

By Wombat 2011-03-01 11:10:30  
So, Rift is hitting shelves in N.A. today, right?

Anybody else leaving work early to try snag a copy without a pre-order?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-01 11:23:36  
I heard the queues are ridiculous.

Good, or bad?

I guess good, this is really starting to make Blizzard panic. We've needed a WoW killer for a while now to set everything in motion.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2011-03-01 11:32:32  
Anywhere i can check when my server was added? I seem to be the first to get something on the shard with... yeah everything lol
By Wombat 2011-03-01 11:40:14  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I heard the queues are ridiculous.
Any idea how long?
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-03-01 12:02:40  
Queues have been up to 6 hours during prime time. I still don't think one MMO is going to totally kill WoW. It's going to take multiple MMOs.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-01 12:04:56  
Well you've got XIV covering the whole grinding front, Rift covering the whole instant fun front and you've got DC universe online covering the sci-fi front.

It's happening and as someone who doesn't even mind Wow, I'm happy.

A game should only hold a throne for a certain amount of time.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-01 12:15:43  
Wow just got back from Gamestop and the line at 12:30EST was *** enormous, BUT I WAS VICTORIOUS. *** box is huge jesus christ.

By Wombat 2011-03-01 12:18:31  
Asura.Tristean said:
Queues have been up to 6 hours during prime time.
Bummer...

Are they just opening servers based on demand?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-01 12:20:29  
Here's a video of the most AMAZING PET EVER:

Considering doing more serious videos for RIFT, any requests?
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-03-01 13:21:34  
Wombat said:
Asura.Tristean said:
Bummer...

Are they just opening servers based on demand?

I chose a low population server, didn't have to wait at all. Idk how it will be now though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-01 13:23:04  
Is it too late to buy the CE? >_>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-01 13:25:43  
Probably depends on your local store's stock if you want physical, and I wager digital CE will be available for a while.
 Shiva.Ninaa
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-03-01 13:26:14  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Is it too late to buy the CE? >_>

It's still available on Amazon... I think it will depend on where you go for games.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-01 13:27:52  
I normally go to Amazon, lemme check it out
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-03-01 15:00:16  
Asura.Tristean said:

This only occurs on a handful of servers that people refuse to move from. They knew day one that the server was having queue issues and refused to reroll on a lower populated server.

I've heard minimal issues today about servers. Trion added 31 more servers for today's retail release.
 Odin.Kittie
サーバ: Odin
user: Kittie
By Odin.Kittie 2011-03-01 15:17:30  
I'm on Greybriar (PvE) with some friends. So far, it reminds me of LOTRO but way better looking. The Rifts are a neat distraction if you want a break from questing.

I just took the suggested souls with my Paragon class (riftblade/champion). I like how this is set up!

The only thing I don't like so far is that if you die while in an instance (like RoF or DD) and continue to die there isn't a healer near by to take the vitality debuff thingy off. Especially if you have a Tank in your PT this can really hurt them =/. Just inconvenience I guess.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-01 22:40:15  
Ran Foul Cascade for the first time just now, jesus christ. I have one recommendation: Don't.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-01 23:10:31  
They blew past 1M subscriptions a few days ago, and the game isn't even out yet.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2011-03-01 23:16:44  
this game almost made me snap-out of my mmo hiatus. glad everyone is enjoying it. but i just don't have the time/money to commit to an mmorpg.
 Odin.Kittie
サーバ: Odin
user: Kittie
By Odin.Kittie 2011-03-01 23:53:07  
I got it on Presidents Day for 20% off! :) and 1 free month. If you were looking for an MMO I would definitely recommend it for you Ghlin. It isn't really time consuming, you can just play for an hour or two and get a decent amount of questing done. Or you could just do Rifts to lvl up and they are all over the place. For money... I dunno what your situation is! :P

This should keep me busy on my free time til Battlefield 3 is out!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-02 14:58:35  
You gonna play, Jae? :O

Overall this has been -the- most successful MMO launch ever, statistically and in my opinion. Bugs are minimal, subscriber base is 1 million strong, customer service and action to server issues have been addressed with professionalism and swiftness (only server issues were the queues, which were remedied by adding more servers). Overall I'm very pleased with the experience, and I know that this box won't be an 80$ paperweight like a certain other MMO that I won't name.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-02 18:51:43  
I very well might play. I'm honestly kind of resistant to the whole MMO thing from the player side again, just in terms of time commitment, etc. But I have so many friends/ex-coworkers working on it, and the launch seems to have gone so very well, that it seems almost like an insult not to.

Random update, favorite thing I've seen so far over a friend's shoulder:

‎[System Message]: Servers will come down in *10* minutes for approximately *30* minutes. Please run someplace safe so you don't log back into face-eating wolves.

*a few minutes later*

[System Message]: Oops! I'm sorry, I meant that for the European servers. North American servers are staying up.... Man that's embarrassing. Go back to killing wolves.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-02 21:49:33  
I really loved that about Rift lol, I saw it in the Beta "Hey guys, we're going to update now so... Skedaddle!"

a few minutes later

"Nah we were kidding, I bet you think gullible isn't in the dictionary either"
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-03 16:03:24  
Yeah, the devs and the staff in charge of server messages all have a great sense of humor and they aren't afraid to flaunt it. There was the one that I posted as a screenshot a couple of weeks back, and the one when the servers came down on the second day or so of head start where they were like "We accidentally the whole Internet". I definitely enjoy it when the people I'm giving money to aren't bathing in starch every morning before work and show a little character.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 31 32 33