users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Trueflight
Trueflight
First Page 2
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-22 08:34:21  
im looking at trying trueflight out in abyssea, i havent a general set i use for it already, which could be better i guess, what do you think i should replace with and what atmas should i be using?

the mittens have agi +4 subtle blow +3 and snap shot +2 on them
and the skopos visor has agi +5 (total of 8 agi) on it.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 17:26:23  
since this topic is so ronry here is a slight update: i tried it out in altepa with baying moon/beyond/sea daughter atma's and aside from a couple resists i was doing pretty decent dmg.

imageshack is gay
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 17:41:59  
GH should be decent for dmg. As is griffon claw. Of course ultimate.

If you are /nin I think trilling dagger +agi might be better. Not sure would have to go out and test it's dmg can't remember if it was 10% or 15%.

I use MKD hat with +2% ws dmg and ACP body with 4 MAB...

But barring stuff like that...

Head: Bersail Cap

Neck: ugg unless fullmoon

Body: Sylvan Caban +2

hands: Seiryu's Kote

ring: 2nd 7 stat ring. Or one of the higher MAB demon rings.

Waist: elemental belt or Sveltesse Gouriz

Legs: Ambusher's Hose or denali

feet: +2 obviously
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 17:45:13  
Also maybe virtus crossbow
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-23 17:48:58  
Gastraphetes
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 17:50:27  
Asura.Matzilla said:
Possibly the worst mythic weapon out there
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 17:55:33  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
how so? also yeah never though about demon rings
 Siren.Deric
サーバ: Siren
user: Deric
By Siren.Deric 2011-02-23 18:02:05  
Holy Mountain and Ultimate Atmas for sure. Third Atma I'm a little less certain of. As Dasva said you can see if the AGI bonus from GH is more effective than than 30MAB. Also Smiting Blow's TP bonus might trump it.

I can say that Martial Gun will put out the largest Trueflight numbers in terms of all marksmanship weapons. Obviosuly you take a hit to DPS when shooting. Unfortunately there are no xbows with TP bonuses.

This is all in regards maximizing Trueflight damage itself; using Sea Daughter has different benefits as I'm sure you are aware.
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-02-23 18:04:45  
It would seem like Atma of the Beyond would be rape for this WS (+30MAB and then +30% damage modifier after everything else is calculated)... or am I missing something.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 18:05:38  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Well dps is barely around what most half decent bow/guns are. Physical Ws dmg will be decently lower

It's enhance abilities are kinda useless right now. As are the additional effects. And if you are using trueflight might as well take advantage of the fact it doesn't use base dmg to spam shots with something low delayed.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:05:52  
so i take it holy mountain, ultimate and beyond are the best atma for the ws dmg (beyond is mab AND light dmg major)

as for martial gun, wouldnt you take it a hit for not having the vertex bolt option? also yeah DPS outside the ws would blow pretty hard :S

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:07:51  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Well dps is barely around what most half decent bow/guns are. Physical Ws dmg will be decently lower

It's enhance abilities are kinda useless right now. As are the additional effects. And if you are using trueflight might as well take advantage of the fact it doesn't use base dmg to spam shots with something low delayed.
how i was looking at it was that the weapon is a heavy Xbow making it good for Xhits and with holy bolts you would do some good DPS. that also being said it does have 10 snapshot (dont quote me on that) so i figured that alone would be hot ***.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-23 18:08:12  
Cerberus.Wojo said:
It would seem like Atma of the Beyond would be rape for this WS (+30MAB and then +30% damage modifier after everything else is calculated)... or am I missing something.

Was surprised no one else mentioned it.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:08:48  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Cerberus.Wojo said:

Was surprised no one else mentioned it.
i was already using it so i guess they were just mentioning atma i hadnt been using
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 18:10:20  
Siren.Deric said:
Holy Mountain and Ultimate Atmas for sure. Third Atma I'm a little less certain of. As Dasva said you can see if the AGI bonus from GH is more effective than than 30MAB. Also Smiting Blow's TP bonus might trump it.
Smiting blow wont. Only a 6% increase in dmg from 100 to 200% tp.

beyond does the same thing as holy mountain + also gives 30 MAB. So you will be using beyond which means only mountain should only add 23% dmg.

I'd say the highest dmg set of atmas not brewing would be ultimate, beyond and for last slot GH holy mountain or hell's guardian are about the same. Hell's gaurdian will probably barely be top though.

Griffin claw coming in close next places
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:14:15  
on a side note, what is your opinion on the ws? should i just scrap it and work on jishnu, or is it really worth the use? standard tp attacks would do around 100 dmg + 100+ light dmg, and i dont know how the ws would turn out with the proper gear. so i was really feeling out how the general populace felt about using the ws, barring rng being allowed in abyssea.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 18:16:09  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
on a side note, what is your opinion on the ws? should i just scrap it and work on jishnu, or is it really worth the use? standard tp attacks would do around 100 dmg + 100+ light dmg, and i dont know how the ws would turn out with the proper gear. so i was really feeling out how the general populace felt about using the ws, barring rng being allowed in abyssea.
If by Jishnu you mean wildfire then yes :)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:18:01  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
if i got wildfire i'd be playing cor since i personally believe rng shouldnt bother with guns anymore, if you could use wildfire on a xbow i would be interested. that and the atma doesnt exactly align properly like beyond and holy mountain do for trueflight.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 18:22:21  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
if i got wildfire i'd be playing cor since i personally believe rng shouldnt bother with guns anymore, if you could use wildfire on a xbow i would be interested.
But if rng shouldn't use guns who is going to actually shot there bullets?

Meh that's your belief but this is what I believe

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:26:19  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
if i got wildfire i'd be playing cor since i personally believe rng shouldnt bother with guns anymore, if you could use wildfire on a xbow i would be interested.
But if rng shouldn't use guns who is going to actually shot there bullets?

Meh that's your belief but this is what I believe

wut bullets D:?
also yeah idk with the rolls cor gets not to mention better mab gear i figured it's better off in cor's hands. vertex bolt atleast makes up for it with trueflight.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 18:28:25  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
that and the atma doesnt exactly align properly like beyond and holy mountain do for trueflight.
I think you mean ws and beyond yes holy mountain no. There are 2 + fire dmg atmas so in the end atmaing up you would have the same + element dmg but 30 less MAB... which I admit is alot. But things wildfire has on trueflight is a 37.5% higher ftp and double the stat mod.

Not sure what you were using for subjob in that pick but looks like you had tonic up and vs those same mobs with sea daugher, lone wolf and beyond I was doing 4.3k with ascetics on rng/sam. And I'd say my build wasn't quite as good as yours.

Plus if you were actually using the bolt you posted for that screenshot... well yeah only once every 3 min and at the cost of losing double shot. And yeah I seriously doubt 15 MAB on one ws is worth 1.5 min of 40% chance to shoot twice
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:34:26  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
that and the atma doesnt exactly align properly like beyond and holy mountain do for trueflight.
I think you mean ws and beyond yes holy mountain no. There are 2 + fire dmg atmas so in the end atmaing up you would have the same + element dmg but 30 less MAB... which I admit is alot. But things wildfire has on trueflight is a 37.5% higher ftp and double the stat mod.

Not sure what you were using for subjob in that pick but looks like you had tonic up and vs those same mobs with sea daugher, lone wolf and beyond I was doing 4.3k with ascetics on rng/sam. And I'd say my build wasn't quite as good as yours.

Plus if you were actually using the bolt you posted for that screenshot... well yeah only once every 3 min and at the cost of losing double shot. And yeah I seriously doubt 15 MAB on one ws is worth 1.5 min of 40% chance to shoot twice
holy bolts dont proc on double shots, and my unlimited shot is merited, so im not entire sure how to look at it, but i think it evens out. and yeah i said "doesnt exactly" wasnt saying it was completely different but it's kind of lacking in those terms. my gripe isnt that the weapon skill is stronger, but that it should be used on a job that can benifiet the most from it. that's why i was figuring in jishnu and not wildfire.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 18:37:49  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
wut bullets D:? also yeah idk with the rolls cor gets not to mention better mab gear i figured it's better off in cor's hands. vertex bolt atleast makes up for it with trueflight.
Oh sure cor will do better with it. But by that logic pup shouldn't use victory smite, and thf shouldn't use any ws really etc

Also rngs actually get more MAB gear by a little bit. And agi by alot.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 18:40:04  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
holy bolts dont proc on double shots, and my unlimited shot is merited, so im not entire sure how to look at it, but i think it evens out. and yeah i said "doesnt exactly" wasnt saying it was completely different but it's kind of lacking in those terms. my gripe isnt that the weapon skill is stronger, but that it should be used on a job that can benifiet the most from it. that's why i was figuring in jishnu and not wildfire.
Actually I wasn't even thinking about the dmg but more in just the ws frequency. 15 MAB is like 8-10% dmg. Somehow I think double shot would increase the rate of ws more than that.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:43:30  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
wut bullets D:? also yeah idk with the rolls cor gets not to mention better mab gear i figured it's better off in cor's hands. vertex bolt atleast makes up for it with trueflight.
Oh sure cor will do better with it. But by that logic pup shouldn't use victory smite, and thf shouldn't use any ws really etc

Also rngs actually get more MAB gear by a little bit. And agi by alot.
orly? i could've sworn cor got a ton of mab gear.

and that's not what i meant, pup's only emp is Vsmite, and thf should do more dmg with ru- oh icwutudidthar

im just saying that rng has jishnu and was better off with it over wilfdire D:

i use trueflight atm because i felt that barring emp ws, trueflight showed me the biggest numbers in abyssea. and was curious what others felt about using it, or should i just quit rng until i got jishnu (or wildfire)
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:44:54  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Actually I wasn't even thinking about the dmg but more in just the ws frequency. 15 MAB is like 8-10% dmg. Somehow I think double shot would increase the rate of ws more than that.
yeah that's what i figured, but im just pointing out you lose DPS in terms of losing additional affect dmg
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 18:51:16  
I just love wildfire.... well outside of nms that I'm not brewing. Abyssea nms seem to hate on elemetnal ws dmg. Then again a few of the harder ones hate on physical dmg so in those situations it actually comes back out on top lol.

Also I lurve me some self darkness.

As far as biggest non empyrean dmg... I think you might be able to get there with reflugent arrow. Well obviously if you wait till 300% tp probably. Not like you can't get 200% tp bonus anyways...

I'm actually working on my tp bonus bow for that now
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-23 18:58:18  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I just love wildfire.... well outside of nms that I'm not brewing. Abyssea nms seem to hate on elemetnal ws dmg. Then again a few of the harder ones hate on physical dmg so in those situations it actually comes back out on top lol.

As far as biggest non empyrean dmg... I think you might be able to get there with reflugent arrow. Well obviously if you wait till 300% tp probably. Not like you can't get 200% tp bonus anyways...

/explodes
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 18:58:33  
Bahamut.Dasva said:

if only i had the motivation to do trials again
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 19:01:41  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
/explodes
Why you exploding on me!?!

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
if only i had the motivation to do trials again
Yeah I stopped for now at the stage where I need specific mobs types... for the first 2 I just did it in a cruor pt lol
First Page 2