フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Going Shopping
Going Shopping
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-17 18:04:28  
Cerberus.Sey said:
You guys got an endless inventory that I don't know about? Geez!
68/80 is standard on BLU with the swaps I need. To add a DEX build I may need to toss or revise a set or 2.

I typically run with 78/80 with all my sets... its doable though. I have my satchel and sack available to dump items into when I need the space though.
 Asura.Andradi
サーバ: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-02-17 20:13:28  
Ragnarok.Vayru said:
I'm also wondering which atmas you guys prefer.

I've been going w/ RR/MM/Omnipotent for events. Just toying around w/ maxing out DEX, but I'm wondering if GH would be better, or maybe take out MM all together and toss in something else?

Also if anyone has the time, I'd like some opinions on my current WS set. http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/192818

For a BLU focussing on CDC damage RR/AA/A&O was mentioned by Nightfyre as being the best combo. Since your primary source of damage is no longer spells refresh atma is redundant. If the HP- on A&O is a problem (which is likely is) I'd swap it for GH. Crit rate will be a nice up in melee and ws damage, only thing Omnipotent is giving is WSC. The AGI should be nice for chaining Benthic Typhoon off CDC, too.

Your set look really solid, just a couple of upgrades, see the build posted by Night earlier.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-17 20:22:49  
I do it pretty easy but I don't bring a tank set most the time. And don't bring staffs. Also GH is really nice. Helps make the ws dmg alot more consistent and dps a bit and lower tp gain on mob also I skillchian with benthic for lvl 3 darkness.

Plus I use 2-4 swd for tp gain making extra triple attacks not as good. Most the time lately I'm not on the mob full time either cause it's an nm and we waiting to proc or Cruor pt or I would just rip hate of the tank so I often use VV to for regain not to mention to keep my fstr capped and double attack is nice
 Ragnarok.Vayru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vayru
By Ragnarok.Vayru 2011-02-17 21:30:40  
Thanks for input!

As for atmas I think I'll side with RR/GH/AA where support is lacking. I'm really not sure if stacking on triple attack is the way to go when I'm already using ~23% DA in my WS set and slightly less in TP. I'm not a math guru, so I have no idea how that plays out versus the triple attack.

For the gear choices I'm curious as to whether an attack earring would outclass my current choice (Minuet) until I manage to nab a DEX+3/4 earring. Only reason I tossed that on was due to inventory space (I use it on STR/DEX spells); using suppa instead would save some space. I also saw the augmented Jupiter's > Rajas. So guessing I'll have to try that out.

Sadly my server has seen few to none of the new HQ crafted Feet, and even less Cuchulain's belts. (Not sure if I want to sacrifice the inventory space for the pants)
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-18 01:53:35  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I do it pretty easy but I don't bring a tank set most the time. And don't bring staffs. Also GH is really nice. Helps make the ws dmg alot more consistent and dps a bit and lower tp gain on mob also I skillchian with benthic for lvl 3 darkness.

Plus I use 2-4 swd for tp gain making extra triple attacks not as good. Most the time lately I'm not on the mob full time either cause it's an nm and we waiting to proc or Cruor pt or I would just rip hate of the tank so I often use VV to for regain not to mention to keep my fstr capped and double attack is nice
lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 02:24:13  
Psh whatever it's still good for tp gain
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-18 09:58:03  
im just saying why would you wanna gimp ur overall dot and ODD w/ a sword that has 29 base damage and is attacking more than your mainhand
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-18 11:28:02  
Cerberus.Sey said:
You guys got an endless inventory that I don't know about? Geez!
68/80 is standard on BLU with the swaps I need. To add a DEX build I may need to toss or revise a set or 2.
My satchel alleviates some of the strain, but for the most part I'd be running ~77/80 on BLU with a CDC set before meds or Shihei. It's powerful enough that sacrifices elsewhere may be worthwhile though.

Ragnarok.Vayru said:
As for atmas I think I'll side with RR/GH/AA where support is lacking. I'm really not sure if stacking on triple attack is the way to go when I'm already using ~23% DA in my WS set and slightly less in TP. I'm not a math guru, so I have no idea how that plays out versus the triple attack.
It is better overall (WS frequency is the key here; GH has higher average WS damage), but the -HP is definitely a pain and GH has other benefits.

Quote:
For the gear choices I'm curious as to whether an attack earring would outclass my current choice (Minuet) until I manage to nab a DEX+3/4 earring.
Easily.

Quote:
I also saw the augmented Jupiter's > Rajas. So guessing I'll have to try that out.
Rajas will probably be one of the better rings outside Abyssea since fSTR will be relevant, but inside Rajas is basically DEX+5 attack+2.5 for WS.

Quote:
Sadly my server has seen few to none of the new HQ crafted Feet, and even less Cuchulain's belts. (Not sure if I want to sacrifice the inventory space for the pants)
Anguinus is your next best option at present for the waist slot; could always farm mats and try to find a synergist to craft the feet for you or use Lithe Boots.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vayru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vayru
By Ragnarok.Vayru 2011-02-18 11:50:23  
Quote:
Anguinus is your next best option at present for the waist slot; could always farm mats and try to find a synergist to craft the feet for you or use Lithe Boots.

That's exactly what I'm using atm lol

Thanks for the info Nightfyre, seems I'll be pulling aesir earring out of storage.
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-02-19 02:04:27  
Something worth mentioning: Atma of the Lion has 10% triple attack (the same as Alpha and Omega) as well as 10% PDT (increased survivability instead of less!). Is it worth using?
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-19 02:55:26  
nah. its not worth it meaning you have to drop either GH or A+O, the crit hit/attk, it is a great atma though for charged whiskers making the PDT prevalent.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-19 03:45:13  
Asura.Kese said:
im just saying why would you wanna gimp ur overall dot and ODD w/ a sword that has 29 base damage and is attacking more than your mainhand
To maintain your ODD? Not to mention I'd rather not go thru the effort to redo the path for the double attack one and jus throw about this one.

You act like it is so much less dot lol. And how do you manage to imply attacking more as a bad thing lol?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-02-23 20:13:07  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Situational items noted in comments but generally speaking this is the ideal CDC build. Shamshir is STR, DEX if you need accuracy.

Why not DA+10% sword?

How is 9 STR and 20 attack better than increasing your WS-rate(a large part of your damage with Almace) and also the hits you'll be making while under aftermath? Or are you going to argue that the additional 22 delay makes the extra 10% double attack rate worthless?

Basically, the swords moves you from an extra attack every 4 attacks, to an extra attack every 3 attacks. The base damage is slightly higher than that of a Elemental path(probably about even when counting the delay increase). And mods(maybe aside from attack) are kind of a joke in abyssea.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Arcmarc
サーバ: Cerberus
user: marc4497
By Cerberus.Arcmarc 2011-03-27 22:38:29  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'm pretty sure Snow gorget is better, also yes cuchu belt is better.

Snow or light gorget? or just Snow?