users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Hunt for Almace
Hunt for Almace
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-02-14 09:53:30  
I've finished with the NM side and is now on the VNM path. So I looked up info on Jyeshtha, Capicornus, & Tammuz and it seems that Bind and Paralyze are resistant. So that eliminates my RDM/NIN and I can't off hand the sword to try as NIN/DNC.

I hate shout whoring but I may have to resort to that. For those that have done this, did you low man these 3 VNMs or alliance?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-14 09:55:17  
you can duo them all with rdm and eva tank.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Divinian
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-02-14 09:58:31  
I am pretty sure that all of these can be pinned and rdm is especially good at that. Google VNM pinning and you should come up with a blog post that talks about the scorp and the pug and I have pinned the ram myself so I know they are all possible.
By Grimlockking 2011-02-14 09:59:50  
I did Jyeshtha, Capicornus on my trials.
Was able to duo both with War/nin + Mage.
 Alexander.Joshualeonhart
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Joshualeonhart 2011-02-14 10:00:20  
The first 2 can also be soloed by rdm/nin. kite around rocks in saruta for the scorpion keeping poison and bio on. As for Capicornus there are fences in East Ronfaure you can use to your advantage.
By Alryc 2011-02-14 10:01:41  
Worst thing about Tammuz is his petrification.../whm helps if you're duoing with a nin/thf/dnc
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-14 10:03:35  
If you can get a nin friend, the scorpion is pretty easy to evasion tank. Same with the ram. Just have /whm for stona. The fish is a little more difficult, but if you just kite it when it 2hrs its very manageable to blink tank.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-14 10:06:26  
I've done them as BLU + RDM, rather easy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-14 13:38:43  
BLU could probably eva tank them tbh, assuming you have the gear. Signet helps obviously.

Or you could just straight tank on RDM, only danger there is Tammuz with petrify. I'd bring a second person with Stona for that.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 14:00:36  
Never tried to gear up for evasion but would probably take alot since those mobs generally had capped acc on me and the fish usually took at least 2 shadows each recoil dive.

But I can and have solod both the fish and the scorpion as a rdm/blu at 85 with alot less pdt than I have now just straight tanking. The only real difficulty is if you fail to stun or just resist break on the scorpion and your buffs wear off then as soon as you come to it breaks you again etc. With the greater amount of pdt gear now coul just /nin though.

Tammuz hits kinda hard and fast and double attack and is immune to debuffs so kinda hard to straight tank...

Also all 3 of those are pinnable.

Scorpion has a spot in sarbuta both present and past though past has aggro so not so good. It's up around the rocks on the way to giddeus.

Fish is the famous fence of course.

And ram can be done in the flower/rock area in kon highlands as well as this little dip in at the both of f9 on the cliff. Though the 2nd one is very tight and only gives you a couple of seconds each way so kinda lame
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-02-15 09:18:52  
Jyeshtha was such a pushover with WAR, BLU, RDM. Now on to the next one =D. As I'm getting closer I'm starting to realize maybe waiting to see if I can get 30 Coins of Glory or 50 Helms first. Main objective is Almace of course but if I get those Glory coins then I can 90 that sword immediately.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-15 10:44:33  
Coins of glory will be easier, but you end up with not as good a sword, even comparing the level 90 badelaire to the level 85 almace.

Briareus isn't hard, nor is it hard to build pops for it, but it takes a lot of time. You'll have to kill it ~35 times on average, which means killing each of the lesser three gigas with red proc 35 times each as well (unless you gold box farm your items)
 Asura.Kese
サーバ: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-15 10:56:14  
Odin.Blazza said:
Coins of glory will be easier, but you end up with not as good a sword, even comparing the level 90 badelaire to the level 85 almace.

Briareus isn't hard, nor is it hard to build pops for it, but it takes a lot of time. You'll have to kill it ~35 times on average, which means killing each of the lesser three gigas with red proc 35 times each as well (unless you gold box farm your items)

and competing w/ the 13453456 people doing kannagi. hardest part of the process is getting the nm pop item/competing for popping. obviously almace is far supperior, but badelaire itself is enough to enhance your blu mage experience.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-15 10:59:55  
Asura.Kese said:

and competing w/ the 13453456 people doing kannagi. hardest part of the process is getting the nm pop item/competing for popping. obviously almace is far supperior, but badelaire itself is enough to enhance your blu mage experience.

Kese mainhands badelaire+2 with offhand 85 Almace. Don't listen to his lies.
[+]
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-15 11:01:55  
the secret is out
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-15 11:04:27  
Asura.Kese said:
Odin.Blazza said:

Out-pop the competition ??? Profit. It's way less stressful than having to deal with people in WoE stealing coins/coffers.

Edit: not to mention the WoE battlefields are harder than any of the Empy NMs.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-15 11:08:49  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Kese said:
Odin.Blazza said:

Out-pop the competition ??? Profit. It's way less stressful than having to deal with people in WoE stealing coins/coffers.

oh dont get me wrong bria is easymode farm/kill but every1 and there mom is trying to get a kannagi, so inc 10903903 ninjas soloing taking forever on pop nms/bria. and lolWoE stealing? w/ increased drop rate and the fact its piss easy to place. get over it that shits so last october
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-15 11:17:14  
Asura.Kese said:
oh dont get me wrong bria is easymode farm/kill but every1 and there mom is trying to get a kannagi, so inc 10903903 ninjas soloing taking forever on pop nms/bria. and lolWoE stealing? w/ increased drop rate and the fact its piss easy to place. get over it that shits so last october

You can offer to help them, or steal their NMs if/when it yellows. There's nothing worse than a slow person who won't accept help. It's really rude to sit there soloing Bria/anything in full eva+ gear(when you don't even need it) taking *** forever.

It's piss easy to place... if you're there only to try to place. If you're a decent person, you have a group of 5 there to finish the run. If a random comes in, the BRD or WHM of the group will have their box stolen by the inconsiderate ***. Soooo yeah.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-02-15 11:57:00  
For the fish, it has a very weird hate system after he two hours.

He will Recoil Dive, then immediately reset hate to the next target and attempt to Recoil Dive them-- even if he gets an out of range message, he'll reset hate to the next person on the list.

Knowing this during his two hour, you can create distance between yourself, your duo/trio partner(s) and have him chase you guys down (and subsequently run down his two hour) by ping-ponging him back and forth.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-15 12:00:27  
Leviathan.Niniann said:

It's piss easy to place... if you're there only to try to place. If you're a decent person, you have a group of 5 there to finish the run. If a random comes in, the BRD or WHM of the group will have their box stolen by the inconsiderate ***. Soooo yeah.

Go with 3 and a mule ??? profit?
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-02-15 17:46:19  
Cerberus.Sey said:
I've finished with the NM side and is now on the VNM path. So I looked up info on Jyeshtha, Capicornus, & Tammuz and it seems that Bind and Paralyze are resistant. So that eliminates my RDM/NIN and I can't off hand the sword to try as NIN/DNC.

I hate shout whoring but I may have to resort to that. For those that have done this, did you low man these 3 VNMs or alliance?

I was able to (after lots of trial an error) solo Jyeshtha and Capricornus on BLU/NIN. Keep shadows up, and flash the mob whenever you need to redo any buffs and shadows aren't up. Make sure you keep yourself at a decent hp for whenever it 2hrs, when it does, stun it and run until 2hr wears off. Rinse and repeat. Did not use any type of evasion set, but I did use a taco :3
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-16 00:00:08  
Asura.Solara said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Go with 3 and a mule ??? profit?

We did that, but still kinda a dumb system. :(
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-16 00:15:42  
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-02-16 02:01:51  
I can testify to Jyeshtha being straight tankable-solo on RDM, since BLU has its own bunch of tools it can presumably also do so. Just have to keep shadows up so you don't get hit by break.

Tammuz might be straight-tank soloable by BLU perhaps, if you focus on evasion. With no debuffs and constant double attacks it's really not practical on RDM.

Agreed with Kese on WoE, RDM and BLU both have access to Phys, Magic damage, cures and debuffs which makes placing simple. Pouches of Decay seemed to be pretty common from conf #2 boxes.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 02:44:01  
Yeah I solo'd alot of WoE. And if there was enough people there that woe could get together and actually win I pretty much always placed with meleeing in pdt gear lol with some mild curing/nuking etc.

Plus if there wasn't I could go to crabs and solo there pretty good. Could take 4 at once if I had chainspell
 Bismarck.Luces
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-16 09:08:28  
For VNMs Can do rdm/nin or rdm/blu for /blu use a taco,
and straight tank with with blink or damage, dont need to kite nuke some ws some keep utsi/cocoon up, on jysthe barston+barpetrify, But remember if you shout *** only people that need the nm are peopl who will actualy help kill faster where as some trials you just want them to stay back. In other words rdms, blu, pld, and nin are all killing this for their weapon and really you should be able to kill all 3 of those nms using rdm/whm + any one of the other 3 to tank it.

I just finished my 80 Almace last night, I would solo the collar ki nm and the shield ki nm on thf/nin using Raized R,Gnarled H, and Mounted champion. The first week no one was farming Briareus they where all up in caraboosa I managed to get 30 helms from Monday -> Saturday. I would only solo the ice spikes nm if no one else was waiting otherwise I would have a healer with me. So I would usually go 2/3 then ask people if they need win of if they knew people that needed win ect... I got my helms with mostly random people except Tacosnak, mashii, gokusama, and zebrahash who helped hold pop sets a lot. Would duo Briareus on thf +rdm or whm. Thf, being me, was using RR/GN/AoApoc and mostly haste build/subtle blow build with a mixture of evasion+. lvl 78 whm with Atma of ambition was able to keep me cured no prob. Took me 9min to kill every time as long as he did no more then 2 of the 1k+ damage strike -> 2 hour, if he didn't use it all during the fight for more then 1k then it would take me 7min. Thf used red curry bun for food. There would be groups of 5+ on multiple occasions take 15+min to kill or wipe even, because they either don't know what they are doing or just aren't listening to their leader. I have all merit abyssites and all furtherance's.