users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Ridiculous responses to gear
Ridiculous responses to gear
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-07 21:43:36  
Dubont said:
apparently this e-tard that over nukes.... oh yea didnt mention that...he was a blm that nuke constantly until his MP ran out, rested, repeat. And somehow i still managed to keep hate hmmm

Reminds me of one time in the jungles when I was tanking as Sam/War and this JP Blm kept spamming ES nukes.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:44:42  
Liela said:
Vali's bow is awesome, Wooooodum, everyone knows that. Vali's bow is from a NM, everyone knows that as well. Go see my other post about this. Selene's Bow is fine for me for now. I do not have the time to waste on the NM that refuses to drop anything for years right now. I have school, work, homework, a family, two nights of dynamis, two nights of static assaults. Sorry, Vali's is going to have to wait.

I know, I was just teasing :(

I'd help you get it were you on Garuda. Nobody camps it at all; whenever somebody I know has gone to camp it they've had zero competition. Hurrah for being the smallest server!

Either way, Selene's isn't that bad really as an alternative; depending on the moon phase, some even consider it better. They're a bit like Swift Belt / Velocious Belt... Both are pretty good pieces, but the difference isn't really all that noticeable, and especially doesn't warrant the time investment if you have the "gimper" item (for lack of a better word.)
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-07 21:46:19  
lol no worries Woody. Your teases don't harm me any. :p
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:46:51  
Liela said:
lol no worries Woody. Your teases don't harm me any. :p

I'm obviously not trying hard enough, or is it the fact we have the same Mithra skin? :3
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-07 21:48:22  
lol it's the fact that I like you anyways coupled with the fact that I'm not all that easily offended. And the mithra skins don't hurt any, either! ^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:49:54  
I was thinking of going after a Loxley Bow... Just because I like having a lot of alternatives, but the delay really looks awesome and ideal for pulling in a fast party (like the one I was in tonight where V.Bow wasn't fast enough)
 Asura.Celene
サーバ: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-07 21:54:00  
Loxley Bow should be renamed Lovely Bow, for supa fast pulls~
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:58:12  
Celene said:
Loxley Bow should be renamed Lovely Bow, for supa fast pulls~

That all? Does it come with free cupcakes like the one in your avatar?
 Asura.Celene
サーバ: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-07 22:06:27  
It shoots rainbows and cupcakes. :3
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 22:09:15  
What use are rainbows... I'm trying to goad the mob into chasing me, not hug me...

Cupcakes, on the other hand, would give him a taste for them, meaning he would be enfeebled into chasing me for more. Of course, all he'd get is a sandwich instead... A knuckle one. Sucks to be him.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-07 22:16:26  
I think we need to create a thread called "Player warning: Wooooodum"... that joke was terrible.
 Siren.Antigod
サーバ: Siren
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2009-03-07 22:34:09  
I'd kick a 75 BLU from a party for not having Sea access.. I mean.. Why level the job that far if you already know you're going to be gimp? Hahaha...
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-07 22:43:57  
I'm sorry to say, I gotta agree with Antigod. You can't merit on blu without disseverment, end of story. If you want to get blu to 75, sea is a 100% absolute must for Disseverment, Actinic Burst and Plasma Charge. Temporal Shift and Saline Coat have their uses (not essential, but handy at times), and Reactor Cool is just lol.
 Odin.Katoke
user: Katoke
By Odin.Katoke 2009-03-07 22:56:10  
Here's my deal:

I don't expect you to have the most uber awesome gear, but I expect you to have some kind of beneficial stat on each piece of equipment that is reasonable. For example, a SAM, I'd expect Attack earrings, spike necklace (or fang, w/e, AT LEAST), dex or str rings, etc .... But if you're going to also gimp your sub job and play with stupid shitty equipment (such as an empress band as a ring) you seriously need to stop seeking parties and go farm or some ***. It's inconsiderate to other players when you gimp yourself and don't even know how to play your job.
 Bahamut.Ziggz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-03-07 23:36:09  
i could care less what ppl wear really. i don't expect anyone to have a hauby or SH as soon as it becomes available. it would b nice if you would at least work on having one b4 lvl 70 but hey, i've seen a galka DRG in full AF pull hate consistently. moreso than the other DD's i had in my party at the time. here's the only time i have a beef with someone:
i was around lvl 55 fighting colibris of course... and there was a sam in my group who was fighting with a Bastok Ring and Empress Band. I don't even care to go over the rest of the gear, because none of it had any benefit to his job in any way whatsover. To put into perspective how bad he sucked, I beat him in damage. And what job was I? Ninja tank... absolutely pitiful. His weapons skills hit for 100s if that. That is when you need to seriously think about whether or not you should be playing this game.
 Kujata.Bladerah
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Bladerah 2009-03-07 23:46:33  
If you dont have a relic weapon fully upgraded u will not be getting into any party of mine.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-07 23:49:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Bladerah said:
If you dont have a relic weapon fully upgraded u will not be getting into any party of mine.

75 BLM for extra irony!
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-07 23:51:12  
Once when this RNG was Tping with a lvl 31 dagger @ 70...

Leader...

omg...

Called a GM! The GM said "I'm sorry this player doesn't know how to play, his job, maybe he is poor."
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-08 00:13:40  
kicking a 75 blu w/o sea access is like kicking a 75 DRK w/o a KC. Sea is not easy to get. Iv played for many years and i still dont have it. Sure..if i forgot my friends, family, school, food, sleep, LS events, meriting. I could get Sea, but thats not gonna happen any time soon.
 Fenrir.Alijah
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-03-08 00:22:04  
Not to mention, in a merit party, the mobs dont tend to last long enough for Dissev to even matter. If you're an endgame LS, this is a valid reason for denial. Meripo? Not so much.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-03-08 00:54:42  
I got kicked from a Lesser Colibri party for not having polearm leveled and not having ochimusha kote.
He bitched at me about how I only needed to camp an NM for it; he apparently got it 1/1.
I camped the NM over 70 times without getting the drop, and I still don't have it.
As for polearm, well. It was 120 at the time.
 Fenrir.Omnitank
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-08 01:03:37  
How about trying to get away with wearing the most crap gear.

I would wear my Smithing clothes (body and gloves) until like lvl 40. Just because I could, ppl would *** then I would laugh.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-08 01:07:53  
i do that as a joke, id wear mage gear or something on thf.... >.>

edit- forgot to say id switch back to my real gear, id just do it to make people *** at the beginning. im sick
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-08 01:08:54  
I gotta disagree on both points. Disseverment is a blu's main source of damage in most situations, especially in meripo. Hysteric Barrage and Frenetic Rip are good, but disseverment is generally better by 1-200 damage. If you don't have time to use it on a mob in meripo, then wtf else are you doing? Also, what you don't see is a blu's equipped spells that they don't use. Without having actinic burst and plasma charge for refresh, you waste a lot of spell points to get it.

In fact, I'd actually say that for all the different ways I use blu in end-game, you'd have more reason to kick a blu from meripo than from an end-game LS for not having sea access.
 Fenrir.Alijah
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-03-08 01:12:07  
Blazza said:
I gotta disagree on both points. Disseverment is a blu's main source of damage in most situations, especially in meripo. Hysteric Barrage and Frenetic Rip are good, but disseverment is generally better by 1-200 damage. If you don't have time to use it on a mob in meripo, then wtf else are you doing? Also, what you don't see is a blu's equipped spells that they don't use. Without having actinic burst and plasma charge for refresh, you waste a lot of spell points to get it.

In fact, I'd actually say that for all the different ways I use blu in end-game, you'd have more reason to kick a blu from meripo than from an end-game LS for not having sea access.

I dont mean that they dont have time, I mean that the mob is generally dead within 30-40 seconds. I never said that Dissev is useless in parties, just that it's not impossible to merit w/o it.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-08 01:25:15  
last afternoon, my friend was in a Qufim party with a mithra NIN named Sevon... well she was subbing THF, didn't have Utsusemi... and wasn't wearing any gears... i mean... she was wearing the free raising earring (rr) given to new characters, which has no stats bonuses of course, and an Emperor Band with no charges left and some more empty slots ... and a couple more nearly irrelevant gears like a Sardonyx ring ... her 5 main body slots were empty, i went there just so I could see it for myself... I even offered her to explain how the game works and how to make some money for dummies... no reply...

i can't even understand how that NIN managed to get any party up to level 24 (were i the leader of such pt, i would not have hesitated to kick her, he/she was literally making fun of everyone)... some people are too nice (like the pt leader who let her stay instead of telling her to stop *** with people)... and on the complete other hand, some people kick a SAM for not having a Hagun which i think deserves them to be physically beaten (the arrogant *** who kicked the SAM of course >.>)... what kind of *** up world is this? i don't get it sometimes
 Fairy.Raikan
サーバ: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-03-08 01:35:50  
After spending 4hours attempting to learn Foot Kick and not getting it, my BLU sits comfortably at Lvl5 and shall sit there for a long time. The 75BLU's that I play with seem to do their job just fine, so I assume they're doing it right. I'm not overly bothered to go research a job I feel no passion for to see if my friends are doin et rong.

Anyway:

Atrithk said:
I got kicked from a Lesser Colibri party for not having polearm leveled and not having ochimusha kote.

Um... *Facepalm*
Did you tell them it's your first job 50+? If you're gonna DD it up to 75 you made a fine choice, ignore the haters and do your thing. Expecting you to have your sub-skills up to snuff for exp when you don't even have a 70+ job yet is rather stupid really.
 Ragnarok.Swordman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Swordman
By Ragnarok.Swordman 2009-03-08 01:53:34  
will there was someone in my PT bitching at me of my equip as drk that i am wearing Haubergeon +1 not Hauberk +1
i told him 100 times eva wont effect me too much as DRK and at least my body is +1
not like you , he left the pt -.-
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-08 01:55:50  
everyone should start kicking everyone who doesnt have full salvage gears for their job! ahaha
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2009-03-08 01:59:57  
I recently has a THF show up in shitadel in the same gear he was in during the jungles phase. Bear in mind he has ~7 spots in his equip that were blank, and the other gear slots sucked ***. I convinced the pt leader to ditch this guy. He kicked the shitty THF, and the the THF said he would GM the leader unless he was paid some cash. We all had a laugh then continued on.