users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » question about af3+2
question about af3+2
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2011-02-09 02:06:04  
I just got head+2ed already had +2 legs. So I am wondering for spells outside of CA should I use it or Aias Bonnet? Or do I need full set and am just an idiot?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-09 02:24:58  
Use Aias, procrate on set bonus sucks ***.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2011-02-09 02:26:47  
thank you.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-09 02:38:27  
But use AF when you use chain affinity. Because I'm lazy, I just full-time AF.

Other reasons though are because I don't have aias, and because setting up a different macro for whether or not I'm using CA is a pain in the *** with my macros.

The other thing too, is that as awesomesauce as those stats are for blu, they don't mean that much of a difference inside abyssea. Outside abyssea they'll mean more, but in future updates we may not be so easily acc capped either, so AF offers ~10 more acc over aias.

Also, did I mention I'm lazy?
 Asura.Kese
サーバ: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-10 13:15:21  
while farming amber in tahrongi on turtles, i usually fullset the +2 (hands and feet for SB) and i was surprised at the procrate, i know people that rarely see their set bonus proc and i was getting a proc every third fight or so.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-10 13:16:52  
Maybe you just got lucky. Last time I played with it it took 78 cast to get 1 proc with just 2 peices
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-10 19:40:59  
2 pieces is alot dif then 5/5 lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-10 22:32:09  
Asura.Kese said:
This is very true.
Asura.Kese said:
while farming amber in tahrongi on turtles, i usually fullset the +2 (hands and feet for SB) and i was surprised at the procrate, i know people that rarely see their set bonus proc and i was getting a proc every third fight or so.
But this part is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Newsflash, your set bonus isn't going to proc while you're tp'ing or using sanguine blade. You have full AF+2, Badelaire+2 and some of the most important pieces of the ideal tp set (if not all), and yet you full-time gear.

What.

The.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-10 22:35:26  
Not entirely sure that's what he meant (granted I do know a certain idiot Galka that does just that...). I do think casting in 5/5 is a terrible idea though.

EDIT: Eh, maybe. Ew :x
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-10 22:37:19  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Not entirely sure that's what he meant (granted I do know a certain idiot Galka that does just that...). I do think casting in 5/5 is a terrible idea though.
Neither did I at first, but look at his player page. Unless that's town-gear (and apologies if it is), then he's also tp'ing in it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-10 22:41:18  
Asura.Kese said:
Yes but unless SE has gone completely nuts chances are 5/5 is going to be around 2.5-3 times better proc rate than 2 peices. Which is still a horrible proc rate. Especially when you consider 2 peices are only good for magical spells 2 are only good for physical and the last isn't really good for either
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-10 22:50:51  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Kese said:
Yes but unless SE has gone completely nuts chances are 5/5 is going to be around 2.5-3 times better proc rate than 2 peices. Which is still a horrible proc rate. Especially when you consider 2 peices are only good for magical spells 2 are only good for physical and the last isn't really good for either
But it has macc!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-10 22:53:25  
Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Kese said:
But it has macc!
Oh god that reminds of the the thread the other day where someone was going on about how we should all use macc swds to help our physical spells...

All right body is a good headbutt peice I'll admit it. But I could care less if the occasional head butt gets its wsc tripled lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-10 23:03:57  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Kese said:
But it has macc!
Oh god that reminds of the the thread the other day where someone was going on about how we should all use macc swds to help our physical spells...

All right body is a good headbutt peice I'll admit it. But I could care less if the occasional head butt gets its wsc tripled lol
Actually now that you mention it, head butt is the only spell I cast with 3 pieces, all other spells are 2 onry.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-11 01:15:05  
Odin.Blazza said:
Asura.Kese said:
This is very true.
Asura.Kese said:
But this part is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Newsflash, your set bonus isn't going to proc while you're tp'ing or using sanguine blade. You have full AF+2, Badelaire+2 and some of the most important pieces of the ideal tp set (if not all), and yet you full-time gear.

What.

The.

l2idle? lol i have more than enough adequate pieces of equip for my sets. lolfulltime, nice try.
just noticed the above post, i only read your other one after, i aint that *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE lol like 99% of blus that dont know how to play the job right
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-11 10:21:58  
Yeah if it's just town-gear then fair enough. I've never bothered with town-gear, so unless I'm actually fighting something, you'll only ever see me in idle gear or wearing my crafting apron.

But yeah, it's *** amazing how many people I see with a lot of the best gear, yet they don't gear swap.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-11 11:23:46  
yes it really is, i ss an almace blu the other day rocking pcc, acc ring, swift, the works lol, makes me a sad panda.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-14 11:23:30  
Odin.Blazza said:

Other reasons though are because I don't have aias, and because setting up a different macro for whether or not I'm using CA is a pain in the *** with my macros.

The other thing too, is that as awesomesauce as those stats are for blu, they don't mean that much of a difference inside abyssea. Outside abyssea they'll mean more, but in future updates we may not be so easily acc capped either, so AF offers ~10 more acc over aias.

It's the easiest thing ever. Click your casting Gear macro, then click your Chain affinity macro which should be something like:

/recast "Chain Affinity"
/Equip Head "Mavi Kavuk +1(or 2)"
/ja "Chain Affinity" <me>

Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-14 11:27:51  
Asura.Kese said:
yes it really is, i ss an almace blu the other day rocking pcc, acc ring, swift, the works lol, makes me a sad panda.

Nothing wrong with PCC, if you dont have Ziel or Sea torques, some argue PCC is better than Torques.
Swift is the second best TP piece if you dont have Shin access yet, and an Acc ring is good for obvious reasons until you get Epona's, and even then, I'd say in a Rajas/Acc ring combo, once you get Epona's, Rajas should be what is swapped out for TPing.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-02-14 11:33:43  
Twilight/speed/goading/swift you missed a few inbetween.
/pedantic
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-14 15:34:37  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Asura.Kese said:

Nothing wrong with PCC, if you dont have Ziel or Sea torques, some argue PCC is better than Torques.
Swift is the second best TP piece if you dont have Shin access yet, and an Acc ring is good for obvious reasons until you get Epona's, and even then, I'd say in a Rajas/Acc ring combo, once you get Epona's, Rajas should be what is swapped out for TPing.
The only difference between PCC and an empty slot is being out 500k or whatever they go for these days. Rajas beats an acc ring easily unless your hitrate is abysmal... And to be frank you'd be better off using keen ring than an accuracy ring until Epona's, among other options. The idea of somebody having an Empyrean but no Shinryu access is laughable, and it's not like Goading is hard to get either.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-14 22:22:24  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Odin.Blazza said:

It's the easiest thing ever. Click your casting Gear macro, then click your Chain affinity macro which should be something like:

/recast "Chain Affinity"
/Equip Head "Mavi Kavuk +1(or 2)"
/ja "Chain Affinity" <me>

My casting gear macro is in my individual spell macros. I'm actually quite content using it for all spells, the difference inside abyssea isn't going to be much, and outside abyssea I'm either going to be fighting something so low I don't care, or so high I'd prefer the acc.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2011-02-15 10:06:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Asura.Kese said:

The only difference between PCC and an empty slot is being out 500k or whatever they go for these days. Rajas beats an acc ring easily unless your hitrate is abysmal... And to be frank you'd be better off using keen ring than an accuracy ring until Epona's, among other options. The idea of somebody having an Empyrean but no Shinryu access is laughable, and it's not like Goading is hard to get either.
hit the nail on the head lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-15 10:31:12  
He does that pretty often, must be a carpenter.

edit: