Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 8113 8114 8115 ... 22725 22726 22727
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-24 17:51:31  
"Hey, you guys should write a 250 word essay about bullies!" Ugh, what was I thinking...
By volkom 2012-11-24 17:54:07  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
"Hey, you guys should write a 250 word essay about bullies!" Ugh, what was I thinking...

that's not bad
MSPaint Winner
By Leonkasai 2012-11-24 17:54:42  
volkom said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
Why is it a bad thing if they know? :I

its not really~ just my sister and my mom tease me a lot D:
Ah.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-11-24 17:55:24  
You thought you had all of the power.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-24 17:58:10  

that's not bad
No, the prompt isn't bad. It's the insincere 150 papers I have to grade. Some of them feel like they pulled it right from Smokey the Bear. "Only you can stop bullying!"

edit: You wouldn't believe the number of papers I've graded that had that as the end of their papers. Like, more than five.

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
You thought you had all of the power.
He-Man I am not.
By volkom 2012-11-24 17:59:12  

that's not bad
No, the prompt isn't bad. It's the insincere 150 papers I have to grade. Some of them feel like they pulled it right from Smokey the Bear. "Only you can stop bullying!"

should've made it

'what have you learned from video games'
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-24 18:02:15  
That-... not bad, actually. Well, I could see some of them not being able to write anything. I could have included online social network sites, though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-24 18:14:07  
Make them play a game as homework and then write an essay on it >.> Give them some RPG they can play on the computer and give them a week or two to complete it and then write what they've learned from it
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-11-24 18:14:56  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The borg would be a terrible example as they never progress further than that which they can assimilate... they lack any kind of creativity or culture... they do not advance in tech other than to assimilate and incorporate what another civilization has already developed... It's possible you could argue that they use a small portion of that tech more efficiently but even then... in the end they always lose because they lack humanity... they lack the capability to think outside the box and reason... not to mention they destroy,assimilate and enslave anything they come into contact with... yes something to strive for...

but ultimately as I stated they create nothing themselves... they advance only on the backs of others... the borg are parasites...

I didn't say we should strive to be more like anything so don't even start Flavin. Individuality and imagination are very special traits, it was just an example of efficiency without any distractions. Oh and risking sounding like a Trekkie, the Borg Queen effectively controlled the drones and displayed individuality, creativity and emotion.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-24 18:16:04  
Sagi is the Borg Queen
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-11-24 18:17:50  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Sagi is the Borg Queen

How did you know my secret Drac D:!

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED DRAC.

By volkom 2012-11-24 18:18:23  
So...if Sagi is the Borg Queen. And Borg's are parasites that assimilate others... then...does that mean sagi wants to assimilate the rest of RT into his subligar parasitic world?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-24 18:19:39  
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-24 18:21:16  
Make them play a game as homework and then write an essay on it >.> Give them some RPG they can play on the computer and give them a week or two to complete it and then write what they've learned from it
Oregon Trail! That's an RPG, right?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-24 18:21:24  
This will be your undoing, Queen.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-24 18:21:37  

>.> I meant something with a good story
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-11-24 18:25:27  
I should assimilate Magnuss and his technology into the subligar collective, then all my drones will develop janitorial skills.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-11-24 18:25:52  

*crying softly*

You take that back! Oregon Trail had the most compelling and emotional story I've ever known.

WHY TIMMY?! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE OF DYSENTERY?!
[+]
 Sylph.Darkshade
サーバ: Sylph
user: Dashad
By Sylph.Darkshade 2012-11-24 18:27:05  
Borgs don't play Oregon trail... They play Star Wars: Old Republic!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-24 18:27:42  
Make your whole class into gamers by telling the parents it's "homework" lol
 Sylph.Darkshade
サーバ: Sylph
user: Dashad
By Sylph.Darkshade 2012-11-24 18:28:51  

I'd go back to school and get my masters!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-11-24 18:30:59  
Anyway, it's time for another wacky adventure in the land of nod! Nighty nights!
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-24 18:31:02  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
I should assimilate Magnuss and his technology into the subligar collective, then all my drones will develop janitorial skills.
I'm for this because you won't get anything done because all your drones will constantly be on break. And if you do it right now, also snowmen.

*crying softly*

You take that back! Oregon Trail had the most compelling and emotional story I've ever known.

I know! It's like he doesn't even care about American Western Expansion! No squirrels for Drac! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put my oxen in my wagon and ferry across this river.

I'm sure their parents will love this idea.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-11-24 18:32:11  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The borg would be a terrible example as they never progress further than that which they can assimilate... they lack any kind of creativity or culture... they do not advance in tech other than to assimilate and incorporate what another civilization has already developed... It's possible you could argue that they use a small portion of that tech more efficiently but even then... in the end they always lose because they lack humanity... they lack the capability to think outside the box and reason... not to mention they destroy,assimilate and enslave anything they come into contact with... yes something to strive for...

but ultimately as I stated they create nothing themselves... they advance only on the backs of others... the borg are parasites...

I didn't say we should strive to be more like anything so don't even start Flavin. Individuality and imagination are very special traits, it was just an example of efficiency without any distractions. Oh and risking sounding like a Trekkie, the Borg Queen effectively controlled the drones and displayed individuality, creativity and emotion.
Meh I only meant the efficiency of creatures that are not inhibited in there ability to perform by emotions, that all perform to one single purpose. There would be no war, no conflict, no need for tribunals or councils, just progression with nothing to halt it.
Didn't say ou ad said we should strive to be like them... said it was a terrible example of what you claimed... which was that if people weren't encumbered by such traits that there would be no war, no conflict or a need for tribunals or councils but true progression with nothing to halt it...

The borg is a terrible example of that as they only progressed through war and destruction... that and they never produced anything themselves...

As for the queen she did portray somewhat of an individual nature... the queen of the hive to give directive and maintain...
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-11-24 18:34:58  
Aly Saxena said: »
i did it!!!!! level 90 /passes out

CG! NOW DO IT AGAIN!

I tried to do a random dungeon finder today but after waiting like 20 minutes I gave up :(
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-24 18:39:04  
I'm for this because you won't get anything done because all your drones will constantly be on break. And if you do it right now, also snowmen.

*crying softly*

I know! It's like he doesn't even care about American Western Expansion! No squirrels for Drac! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put my oxen in my wagon and ferry across this river.

I'm sure their parents will love this idea.

Just tell them it's educational >.>
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-24 18:40:39  
Playing RPGs without voices as a kid really helped my spelling a lot lol
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-11-24 19:22:48  
educational stuffs killed thread.. damnit drac
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-11-24 19:24:32  
Makes a change from Gundam eh?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-11-24 19:27:15  
Its not raining and it is the last night I am outside at the front door!
First Page 2 3 ... 8113 8114 8115 ... 22725 22726 22727