Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 7300 7301 7302 ... 22726 22727 22728
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 02:09:18  
Quote:
Like many other laws on weapons and hunting in the United States, laws on crossbows vary a great deal by state. Purchase, private ownership, and use for target shooting is legal in all states,[7] and most laws are only with regard to hunting.

For crossbow hunting in the US, many states require a person to have a disability or special license to use one, and they can only be used for certain game. For example, in Georgia a crossbow may be used in hunting feral hogs and any other game except waterfowl. Ohio permits crossbow hunting of deer, turkeys, hogs and other game. On the other extreme, Oregon, for example, has a complete ban on crossbow hunting.[8]
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-18 02:16:12  
Found the laws for NY, almost the same as a handgun. Dang.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 02:20:54  
Make your own crossbow lol
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-18 02:22:46  
The main law I would be concerned with is that you can't fire them within 500 yards of a house or school, so I wouldn't be able to practice out in the backyard.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-09-18 02:59:54  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
The main law I would be concerned with is that you can't fire them within 500 yards of a house or school, so I wouldn't be able to practice out in the backyard.

Does that law also apply to guns...?
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-18 03:03:41  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »

yeah
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-09-18 03:05:29  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »

yeah

Aww, I wanted to make fun of America :/

Oh well... CHEESEBURGER CHEESEBURGER!

/flees.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 03:35:09  
Haggis is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than cheeseburgers >_>
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-09-18 03:46:26  
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 04:40:26  
Ewww, I slept for 12 hours >.>
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-18 04:42:45  
I've had days like that recently Ina, but I've been sick >_<
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 04:54:15  
Asura.Ina said: »
Ewww, I slept for 12 hours >.>

[-]

I slept for 12 hours >.>

[+]
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:02:38  
I feel like a kid that was told he's going to Disneyland.
Super excited about the FFXI concert. Hopefully it'll be as prestigious and grand as Vana-Con was in Japan.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-09-18 05:08:45  
Work is driving me insane. I never knew how hard it is to get fired on purpose. I'm still trying non-nonchalantly.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:14:11  
What the *** Square-Enix? What the ***?
Pretty impressive graphics work though.
Too bad their writers leave much to be desired.

Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-18 05:18:32  
Art, idk wtf that was, but that looked cool man
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-09-18 05:19:26  
So.... what is that for?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 05:21:54  
Its a tech demo
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:22:27  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
So.... what is that for?

Strictly a tech demo showing off their new graphics engine thingy.
It has virtually no merit of being it's own game title any more than SE is likely to remake FF7 for the PS3 like when they did a tech demo for that.

It's essentially their way of "showing off", but never making anything come of their examples of demos.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:23:28  
I didn't really like how downright hideous they made that Valefor 2.0 summon thing. I always figured inter-dimensional deities of the elements or what have you were divine and graceful, not creepy monster alien things.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 05:23:31  
Kind of old now lol >_> That was posted in RT months ago
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 05:26:25  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
I like how they don't just ignore the bullet in her arm when she takes the potion and it forces it out... like seriously half the FF character shouldn't be able to walk with the ammount of bullets or arrowheads stuck in them by the end of the game XD
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-09-18 05:27:25  
but... it's titled... "Agni's Philosophy" "Final Fantasy"

They wouldn't just label this a tech demo if they weren't going to do more with this. That would be a waste of time in SE's eyes.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 05:28:32  
It looks fantastic and I really hope they make this a game. The world looks great from what little we see.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:29:51  
I like how they don't just ignore the bullet in her arm when she takes the potion and it forces it out... like seriously half the FF character shouldn't be able to walk with the ammount of bullets or arrowheads stuck in them by the end of the game XD

That was one of the only things I liked is how conditional and (for a fantasy genre) realistic her method of healing and the seriousness of her injury were. She essentially took a bottle of soda/water and conjured it into a potion or catalyst for closing her wound and removing the bullet. That was pretty rad.

As for the rest, I rather not have any more pseudo racial, near-east/African implications with Jeff Bridges as our old man catalyst for a female protagonist. At least she appears to be humble and relatively human considering the situation she's been put into.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:31:24  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
but... it's titled... "Agni's Philosophy" "Final Fantasy"

They wouldn't just label this a tech demo if they weren't going to do more with this. That would be a waste of time in SE's eyes.

Not necessarily. They probably hired an intern writer or something of the like to set the stage or example of the tech demo. Besides, the demos to show off their graphics engine are usually over the top and ridiculous to show as much details and angles in the capacity of what their graphics can do and show. I doubt anything more will come of the contents in that video. But only time will tell.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 05:32:14  
Artemicion said: »

That was one of the only things I liked is how conditional and (for a fantasy genre) realistic her method of healing and the seriousness of her injury were. She essentially took a bottle of soda/water and conjured it into a potion or catalyst for closing her wound and removing the bullet. That was pretty rad.

As for the rest, I rather not have any more pseudo racial, near-east/African implications with Jeff Bridges as our old man catalyst for a female protagonist. At least she appears to be humble and relatively human considering the situation she's been put into.

Knowing SE the rebels we saw are gonna be the good guys, just like AVALANCHE.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 05:32:42  
I didn't really like how downright hideous they made that Valefor 2.0 summon thing. I always figured inter-dimensional deities of the elements or what have you were divine and graceful, not creepy monster alien things.
There is generally a mix of both when it comes to fantasy, as a general rule the ones that are graceful as you said would have once been mortals who acended into a god like being. "Creepy moster alien things" are generally more primal, old as the world it self, kinda beings.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-18 05:34:20  
Ina you see the 2 major changes to AAR? We'll get our gil cut to 1/10 (seemingly, though it's honestly purely cosmetic) and no more arrows for brd. Auto-fire with quivers (Legolas style.. like unlimited quivers) is what I'm hearing. I don't want auto-fire ><
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:35:59  
There is generally a mix of both when it comes to fantasy, as a general rule the ones that are graceful as you said would have once been mortals who acended into a god like being. "Creepy moster alien things" are generally more primal, old as the world it self, kinda beings.

Kinda like how FFXI has terrestrial and non-terrestrial avatars?
I figure it's kind of like the difference between having elemental deities that exist in their own realm, keeping an eye on the balance of the world within their own elemental hierarchy, while the others are more primal, old gods that govern things on a lesser scale.
First Page 2 3 ... 7300 7301 7302 ... 22726 22727 22728