Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 7247 7248 7249 ... 22724 22725 22726
By Fyyvoaa 2012-09-11 09:27:00  
Cerberus.Kalyna said: »
@Liela

Tons of people still mourn for the same dead guy every year (usually in April, but sometimes it's in May.)

not like they do with the 9/11 thing, I literally see people crying and praying on the street :|
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-09-11 09:28:36  
I see people crying and praying on the streets daily. It's called being a *** human.

Until they shoot fireworks tonight, then they're *** ***.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-09-11 09:30:17  
I don't know if their intention was to make us sad... They definitely did want to inflict terror/fear and change our way of life... Their actions have changed things in our country... One way to fight back is to just live our everyday lives but taking one day a year to remember isn't bad... we still honor the victims of pearl harbor but it just doesn't seem as "alive" because it wasn't this generations loss...

You say you're all for honoring the lost but also that you want people to move the heck on... For one... having one day a year where people reflect on what happened and honor those that were killed that day doesn't really seem all that excessive or innapropriate... hell we're building a memorial that is going to end up costing $700 million+ with an annual upkeep of $60 million... Also, you don't have to be sad to honor something or someone... Stuff like this is not going away either lol...

I don't really get why people get bothered by the fact that others do stuff like this on 9/11...
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-09-11 09:34:11  
I can see the new WTC from my window, right now.

I can see it shimmering there, cranes on top of it like rabbit ears. I remember the magnitude of what happened, I remember as much as any fourth grader would.

The Facebook posts annoy the ***out of me, but for a different reason. Today I'm watching countless people pretend to be bleeding hearts, to talk about how amazing it is to be American, to talk about love, etc.

And tomorrow, they will wake up, and they will go back to being ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-09-11 09:34:36  
Catnipthief Rygar said: »
Odin.Liela said: »
Yeah, my facebook page is being spammed with it too. I'm all for honoring the lost, but it seems like it we spend literally YEARS being sad over it then people will never move the heck on. Which really, isn't that exactly what the terrorists wanted at the time? To make us sad/scared for years? I feel like it would be a better honoring of the dead if we let them go to rest in peace.
yeah that's how I feel about it... yes honor them, yes remember them... no do not dwell on it year after year after year crying and whining about it... all you are doing is proving to the terrorist that they won, that they accomplished something.
Proving the terrorists won? lol... Oh Catnip... this has nothing to do with the terrorists winning... if you want to examine that aspect go talk to homeland security and examine the laws that have been passed since 9/11 to limit freedom and expand governmental control over the American people...

People remembering or speaking about it every year once a year since it happened is not letting the terrorists win lol... staying inside your home because you're afraid a bus will blow up when you get on it or letting your gov take away your freedoms because you're afraid it might happen again is more along those lines...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-09-11 09:36:07  
Cerberus.Kalyna said: »
I see people crying and praying on the streets daily. It's called being a *** human. Until they shoot fireworks tonight, then they're *** ***.
I'll never understand why you draw the line at fireworks lol... I know you think they're a sign of celbration and all but it's almost like you think they're out there setting them off like they're glad the buildings were bombed which I doubt is the case...
By Fyyvoaa 2012-09-11 09:39:42  
I just don't like fireworks cause they set them off late as *** and it's annoying when you are trying to sleep or relax :|
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-09-11 09:40:58  
Aight, time to go to work and hear about 9/11 all day from strangers :O!
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-09-11 09:41:29  
I know they're not, but it seems like they are because it usually comes with partying, beer, and prostitutes. Or at least that's what it seemed last year when I heard cheering at each firework being shot.

Of course it could just be that I live by tons of idiots.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-09-11 09:44:06  
I don't mind if people actually are honoring the memory by visiting a memorial or donating to help build one or something. But really, facebook posts? One facebook post to say how oh-so-sad we are, and then they forget about it for the rest of the day? If you want to take a day to honor them, then take a day to honor them. If you want to move on, then move on. But it's just annoying when people spam the same thing all over facebook and call it good, then expect people to still feel sorry for them, 11 years later.

I don't know, maybe I'm just cynical. Or maybe I just don't have the depth of feeling. But I was sad when it happened too, and on the anniversaries the first couple years after. But it's been over a decade. The vast majority of people who are posting heartbroken pictures and sobs all over facebook today won't give it a second thought tomorrow. It feels a LOT like they are doing it out of a desire for attention, not out of sorrow or respect for the dead. And really, using the deaths of people who died in a terrible, tragic, painful hell of a way to get attention just isn't going to earn anyone any respect from me.

It would be better for the memories of the people who were lost if we let them go to rest in peace with some dignity.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-09-11 09:44:59  
Paying respect to the dead and remembering those who were lost in any tragedy does not have to necessarily be a day of sadness, in fact in many cultures the dead are honoured through festivals and celebrations of some sort.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-09-11 09:48:01  
*walks in sleepily scratching his head and yawning*

Good morning, everyone.

How are you all today?
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leonkasai 2012-09-11 09:49:45  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
*walks in sleepily scratching his head and yawning*

Good morning, everyone.

How are you all today?
Bored. Was gonna play some SDGO, but it's pretty dead on there at this time of the day. Really needs some more engaging single player missions.
How are you?
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-09-11 09:49:52  
Morning Spath! I'm drowsy and stalling taking my pups out for their walk. How are you?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2012-09-11 09:53:29  
Yeah, my facebook page is being spammed with it too. I'm all for honoring the lost, but it seems like it we spend literally YEARS being sad over it then people will never move the heck on. Which really, isn't that exactly what the terrorists wanted at the time? To make us sad/scared for years? I feel like it would be a better honoring of the dead if we let them go to rest in peace.

Are we talking about 9/11? Same feeling. Just go to Verdun, Normandy, Gettysburg, or Vicksburg. There's some real perspective.

Excuse me if this isn't what we're talking about. Still drowsy.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-09-11 09:53:46  
I am well, pretty awake for how late I went to bed last night. Must have had a good dream or something then again, it has been like this for almost a week now. Idk maybe I'm simply doing better than usual. ^.^

Now stop your stalling and take those pups for a walk, Liela! :x Keeping the dogs from one of their favorite activities, tsk tsk.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-09-11 09:55:05  
All right! All right! Afk dog walking! I'll tell them Spath said so. Be glad you are far away, they'd lick you right senseless for it. ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-09-11 09:55:07  
I don't mind if people actually are honoring the memory by visiting a memorial or donating to help build one or something. But really, facebook posts? One facebook post to say how oh-so-sad we are, and then they forget about it for the rest of the day? If you want to take a day to honor them, then take a day to honor them. If you want to move on, then move on. But it's just annoying when people spam the same thing all over facebook and call it good, then expect people to still feel sorry for them, 11 years later. I don't know, maybe I'm just cynical. Or maybe I just don't have the depth of feeling. But I was sad when it happened too, and on the anniversaries the first couple years after. But it's been over a decade. The vast majority of people who are posting heartbroken pictures and sobs all over facebook today won't give it a second thought tomorrow. It feels a LOT like they are doing it out of a desire for attention, not out of sorrow or respect for the dead. And really, using the deaths of people who died in a terrible, tragic, painful hell of a way to get attention just isn't going to earn anyone any respect from me. It would be better for the memories of the people who were lost if we let them go to rest in peace with some dignity.
Maybe they are... maybe they aren't... who are you to say how/if they should or shouldn't mourn/honor what happened on this day 11 years ago? Who are you to say when it's been long enough? There are many different people in this nation that do things and respond to things in a multitude of different ways... maybe this is how they deal with it... maybe they are just joining in for attention... why do you care though? It's one day a year and they're not really doing anything but possibly annoying some people lol...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-09-11 09:57:02  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Paying respect to the dead and remembering those who were lost in any tragedy does not have to necessarily be a day of sadness, in fact in many cultures the dead are honoured through festivals and celebrations of some sort.
Dia de los muertos!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-09-11 09:57:24  
All right! All right! Afk dog walking! I'll tell them Spath said so. Be glad you are far away, they'd lick you right senseless for it. ^^
^.^; Spath says a lot of things. Perhaps I should actually follow some of my own advice more often, apparently I'd get a lot more puppy love. XP

Anyway, shower time!
 Shiva.Shaidalyn
user: Shaidalyn
By Shiva.Shaidalyn 2012-09-11 09:59:17  
Morning Liela!
And as for the whole 9/11 thing... it's a pretty big deal here but fortunately they didn't force anything on us. I'm with a lot of you on "letting go" but at the same time remembering. It's something we should -never- forget (hence the phrase engraved in our brains) but we should not mourn so much. It was the most horrific tragedy to befall U.S. soil. However, (I can't believe I'm saying this) Xueye is 100% correct. People will speak now but tomorrow be back to their usual hateful selves.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-11 10:00:43  
Shiva.Shaidalyn said: »
However, (I can't believe I'm saying this) Xueye is 100% correct. People will speak now but tomorrow be back to their usual hateful selves.
This always bugs me about anything... I may be a *** but atleast I'm consistant all year round.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-09-11 10:01:05  
9/11 actually makes me physically nauseous and I try and avoid all memorials if I possibly can and not think about it. It scared the crap out of many people and much like pearl harbor we'll still be doing memorial tributes some odd 60 years later more than probably. Let people be even if you think its cheesey.

in other news, today is one of my friends birthdays. Happy Birthday to her >.>

Also, I feel weird not having a video game to play right now.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2012-09-11 10:02:17  
ordered this stupid little SD card thing for my tablet like a week ago and it still has not arrived ... even though it came with 2 day shipping :|
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-09-11 10:11:29  
Shiva.Shaidalyn said: »
Morning Liela! And as for the whole 9/11 thing... it's a pretty big deal here but fortunately they didn't force anything on us. I'm with a lot of you on "letting go" but at the same time remembering. It's something we should -never- forget (hence the phrase engraved in our brains) but we should not mourn so much. It was the most horrific tragedy to befall U.S. soil. However, (I can't believe I'm saying this) Xueye is 100% correct. People will speak now but tomorrow be back to their usual hateful selves.
Not everyone is hateful lol... and yeah they will go back to normal tomorrow but what they do today is also a part of themselves... How you choose to act for a certain day is just part of who you are too...

Also, I think you forget that this is our generations loss... It's fresh in our minds even if it's 11 years old and will always be a loss that we experienced as a nation... if someone chooses to honor/mourn/join in on whatever then I say let em... Is it really hurting anyone?
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-09-11 10:12:15  
We have remembrance Sunday every year here in the UK in November to mark the end of the first world war in 1918 (I think..), it's even a televised ceremony. It's almost been a century since the event took place, understandably a world war will be considered by many to be of a greater impact than 9/11, but not to those who lost someone on that day. I expect in due course a remebrance event will develop to mark 9/11.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-11 10:12:53  
Ugh... my advanced programming teacher just told us that about half the class here never took basic programming, so now he is going to go over that stuff for the next couple weeks.

Shoot me in the face please.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-09-11 10:29:32  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Ugh... my advanced programming teacher just told us that about half the class here never took basic programming, so now he is going to go over that stuff for the next couple weeks.

Shoot me in the face please.

Yep, one of the reasons I didn't finish my college course. Half-way through the semester, had learned NOTHING.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-09-11 10:30:47  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Ugh... my advanced programming teacher just told us that about half the class here never took basic programming, so now he is going to go over that stuff for the next couple weeks. Shoot me in the face please.
I'd be pissed that he's deviating from the set course material... also... how do you get in an advanced class without taking the previous level or having the required experience to join it lol...
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-09-11 10:31:00  
Catnipthief Rygar said: »
ordered this stupid little SD card thing for my tablet like a week ago and it still has not arrived ... even though it came with 2 day shipping :|
I had that happened to me on an order once, i cancelled the order and picked it up in store :/
First Page 2 3 ... 7247 7248 7249 ... 22724 22725 22726