Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 5671 5672 5673 ... 22718 22719 22720
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-05-14 01:03:42  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Anybody know the cost/how to transfer worlds in FF14? I'm gonna get back into it, but I'm not on Ragnorak where a lot of my friends are starting up.

Do you mean 11? If so I think it's 25 dollars
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 01:05:12  
No I meant 14. Can't you server hop?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-05-14 01:12:00  
I don't think you can at the moment. I forgot about them changing the server names.
By Artemicion 2012-05-14 01:12:16  
Artemicion said: »
Random question:
What's a notable character in a RPG game that takes on aspects or character likeness that relates to a Paladin/Knight?

Cecil Harvey FF4, he IS a pld...

Excellent choice. For some reason that escaped my thought process.
Probably because he is initially a Dark Knight, and later changes into a Paladin. Any others?
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-05-14 01:18:35  
Random question:
What's a notable character in a RPG game that takes on aspects or character likeness that relates to a Paladin/Knight?

Cecil Harvey FF4, he IS a pld...

Excellent choice. For some reason that escaped my thought process.
Probably because he is initially a Dark Knight, and later changes into a Paladin. Any others?

You're effeminately going to have to look pre-7ish, well except maybe 9. Beyond that though you get into a modernized FF and the closest you get I'd say would be Snow from XIII, but even then his overly cocky attitude kinda kills seeing him in that way
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 01:20:17  
Uri he said RPG though, not just FF. FF4's Cecil came to mind cuz it's my favorite FF game, and well.. the dude is a pld lol
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-05-14 01:20:27  
Steiner.

Beatrix would be ideal, I think, but she's an NPC.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 01:21:59  
Although it's a lil bit of a stretch, Cyan fits too. Since he was a retainer sworn to protect his city.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2012-05-14 01:24:40  
Random question:

Casavir from Neverwinter Nights 2. He is a paladin that focuses on either warhammers or a mace/shield. As well as having lots of undead defeating magic and ally enhancing magic. I assume this is for another Skyrim character?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-05-14 01:25:25  
So yeah.. I'm not really afraid of spiders.. But when they get to be a certain size, they need to maintain at least 3 feet of distance from me or I get really uncomfortable..

This just tried to run and jump on my foot in a dimly lit hallway as I was taking my cereal bowl back into the kitchen...

Funny thing is, that the incident didn't scare me anywhere near as much as my wife will be when she wakes up and sees the pic and sees what was in our house just feet from her while she slept..
By Artemicion 2012-05-14 01:33:52  
Ramuh.Urial said: »
You're effeminately going to have to look pre-7ish, well except maybe 9. Beyond that though you get into a modernized FF and the closest you get I'd say would be Snow from XIII, but even then his overly cocky attitude kinda kills seeing him in that way

It doesn't have to be a FF title. I was just looking for notable characters that hold the position or likeness of a Knight or Paladin. Though knight roles pretty much ended with FF9. I wouldn't dare call Snow a knight or paladin simply because he is bestowed the role of being a defender in battle.

Fairy.Spence said: »
Steiner.
Beatrix would be ideal, I think, but she's an NPC.

Good choices. Steiner is a bit of an annoying snob at first, but he really shines through as a knight and protector of what is dear to him later on. Also Beatrix epitomizes the role quite well, a shame she was nothing more than a support character.

Although it's a lil bit of a stretch, Cyan fits too. Since he was a retainer sworn to protect his city.

Cyan sorta works. Though he doesn't really fit the heavy armor, defender or white magic elements. Though his sense of honor and swordsmanship more than make up for that. So if anything I'd consider him to be Samurai-esque.

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Casavir from Neverwinter Nights 2. He is a paladin that focuses on either warhammers or a mace/shield. As well as having lots of undead defeating magic and ally enhancing magic. I assume this is for another Skyrim character?

I'll have to look into that one. And yeah ._. just toying with the idea for now. Not going to actually do it until I at least get level 30ish on my previous one(s).
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 01:36:45  
Cyan is like spanish, he's not a samurai lol. And Snowe would be considered one, given his passion for wanting to protect Sarah. Just sayin'
By Artemicion 2012-05-14 01:37:47  
Cyan is like spanish, he's not a samurai lol. And Snowe would be considered one, given his passion for wanting to protect Sarah. Just sayin'

I only regarded Cyan a samurai in terms of class/job.
Also I'm far too biased to make such concrete judgments on anyone for FF13, because quite frankly, I hated it.

Besides, I need something a little more passive and concrete. Paradigm shift just won't work for me.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-05-14 01:51:23  

That's what I was going for. Not his role in the job but more his overall character and motives throughout both games.

Also I'd say Kaim from Lost Odessey, but not in the traditional sense of paladin. He is far from the archetype but something about his character is shockingly fitting.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-05-14 01:56:32  
It's silly, paladin has a vague description to it's meaning. Quite simply, a champion of one's cause, which frankly can befit just about any means or objective. Though traditionally, I was aiming for the cliches of heavy armor, sword and shield, healing and protective magic, haughty sense of honor and good, etc.

Though I genuinely appreciate your suggestions; I'm gonna have to go with Cecil on this one.
[+]
By SSJAV 2012-05-14 02:01:05  
iwhdpi9qujfpoewujfo[eju SPIDERS GOD DAMN IT SLIP
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-05-14 02:07:18  
yay woke up to a pipe bursting on my water heater.... ant fix it due to the frigginn hardware stores being closed atm ._. so no water till the morning
By Artemicion 2012-05-14 02:14:35  
Yikes, that's shitty. Hopefully it won't cost much to repair or difficult fix yourself. Is it just hot water that's gonna be broken for now or running water in general?
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-05-14 02:15:38  
the water in general. the pipe on the side leading the water into it came apart
By Irohuro 2012-05-14 02:17:28  
duct tape.

problem solved.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kailana
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-05-14 02:19:43  
Cyan is legit classified as a Samurai. He uses Samurai swords and can wear heavier armor. His attitude is indicative of a Paladin, but could also be seen as the attitude of a Samurai, as honor and family are his top priority, and his motivation comes from his failures.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-05-14 02:21:41  
Ramuh.Kailana said: »
Cyan is legit classified as a Samurai. He uses Samurai swords and can wear heavier armor. His attitude is indicative of a Paladin, but could also be seen as the attitude of a Samurai, as honor and family are his top priority, and his motivation comes from his failures.

In my opinion, Samurai and Paladin are mentally one in the same.
The only difference really is the time era and choice of armor/weapons. Or as in this case, the absence or presence of white magic.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 02:21:57  
Though I genuinely appreciate your suggestions; I'm gonna have to go with Cecil on this one.

I win! :P
 Asura.Dominate
サーバ: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Dominate 2012-05-14 02:27:20  
Ramuh.Urial said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I gained a huge appreciation for my bed after spending like 5 months sleeping on a sofa. Love my bed. ~.~
I love my bed so much that I woo it with poetry.
...Oh Uri.

Edit! I just messed up my 1337 posts for this!
By Artemicion 2012-05-14 02:31:04  
Speaking of which... Due to financial situations and loans being paid off, and returned money over time, etc. I'm likely to cancel my concert /out of town plans indefinitely. Think I'll turn towards more domestic investments, like a new platform bed frame and a foam mattress. Saying my current bed is uncomfortable would be a gross understatement. Toss and turn every damned night :/
 Asura.Dominate
By Asura.Dominate 2012-05-14 02:33:43  
GFG SLIP! Why isn't that match lit and burning that damn thing!!! @_@!
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-14 02:42:56  
Asura.Dominate said: »
GFG SLIP! Why isn't that match lit and burning that damn thing!!! @_@!
Huh?...

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
!!!
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-05-14 02:44:06  
Think I'd literally pee myself if that thing crawled on my foot or something.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-05-14 02:49:38  
Well, you already got a match there. Might as well bum him a smoke.

Fixed image.
[+]
 Asura.Dominate
By Asura.Dominate 2012-05-14 02:55:19  
Not working for me, Art. :<
First Page 2 3 ... 5671 5672 5673 ... 22718 22719 22720