Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22686 22687 22688 ... 22706 22707 22708
By Zehira 2024-08-24 18:12:03  
Draylo said: »
I'll never forget a story in NYC, where a guy randomly punched an elderly woman in the face in the subway, then they caught him and let him out the same day and the next day he was back down there throwing literal crap in peoples faces. I can't believe they let these policies continue, like can't you see all the businesses shutting down around you and the repeated crimes?

Get out of big cities or stop voting for democrats. It's not rocket science. Yes, politics affect everyone.

My area is different from most of the country. It's clearly a mix of both right and left voters and most are independents. Of course, I live in the military base area where I see jets every day. There are a lot of peaceful black people here (well some are not and some police are that special).
By Draylo 2024-08-24 18:29:55  
I don't vote for them, so yeah. And I meant the same people as in criminals with long rap sheets, constantly committing crimes and being let out again. Not racial
By Viciouss 2024-08-24 18:41:54  
Can't help but laugh at you guys. So you think a guy with 8 felonies shouldn't be on the street? Well in that case, lock Trump up!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-24 19:08:45  
1-Kangaroo court, but i'll stop there cuz political talk bad
2-Heres the guy that you think should be on the street with 8 previous felonies:
Quote:
He was convicted of vehicular homicide in 1993 for driving recklessly down Seattle streets and on to a sidewalk, crashing into several vehicles and killing a driver. After serving his sentence, he was convicted in 1999 of robbing a Safeway store using a BB gun and vehicle theft, Kling said.

While in prison for those crimes, he attacked two corrections officers in 2003 using a 12-inch (30.5-centimeter) piece of metal that had been sharpened to a dull point, Kling said.

“In short, the level of violence the defendant has shown he is capable of, not only within the day the presently charged crimes were committed, but over the course of the last 30 years demonstrates a propensity for violence that conclusively shows that he is a danger to the community,” Kling said.

Those 8 felonies arent the same.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-08-24 20:11:36  
No no, can't pick and choose based on your own agenda.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-24 20:15:35  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2024-08-24 22:24:12  
I saw a picture of a tooltip from XI the other night, it was a recolor of Majestas, the staff, like a darker version of it. I can't find a picture of the model anywhere. Does anyone have a picture of it?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-08-24 23:00:19  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Half of me is pretty much 110% in agreement with Darth here....

The other half of me has OCD.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-24 23:20:04  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I saw a picture of a tooltip from XI the other night, it was a recolor of Majestas, the staff, like a darker version of it. I can't find a picture of the model anywhere. Does anyone have a picture of it?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Musa ?
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2024-08-24 23:26:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Musa ?

I guess there are two recolors. That and this.
By Seun 2024-08-24 23:36:21  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
The other half of me has OCD.

I thought you were going to say masochist.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-25 00:16:51  
I cant help myself to this one, oh well.

Viciouss said: »
agenda.
SPEAKING OF AGENDAS

Isnt it amazing that RFK Jr. ran as a left leaning third party and less than 4 hours after he dropped out and endorsed Trump, multiple news sites had all these fresh hit pieces about how he sold coke in University?

Just an amazing coincidence that all these news sites discovered this huge bombshell at the exact same time on a Friday afternoon, what are the odds?

There are more articles about the possibility of RFK Jr selling cocaine FIFTY years ago than there are about the baggie of coke that was found inside the white house a year ago. But please, go on about agendas.

Back to my vodka and monke game. That big headed idiot near the second shrine keeps *** me up, and I'm determined to kill it before I go to sleep.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-25 02:42:37  
Good morning you who have 7 felonies IRL. Good morning you who have 10 felonies in FFXI. And also good morning you who have 100 felonies in FFXIAH for breaking the law of not posting political posts.

Its time we implement physical punition for those guys.

100 buttslaps for every political posts seems at least a minimum for those outlaws.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-25 03:00:05  
Video games used to be made for us nerds, then they became more mainstream and the companies started designing them for casual mainstream players.

Then the companies went public, and there was pressure to grow the audiences wider. So they made them try to appeal to a wider and wider group of people who don't even play video games at all yet (modern audiences)

At the same time Streamers and Youtubers became a thing and turned into effectively free advertising. So the companies no longer had to pay for that, this turned all out video games into TV shows supported by ads. So they removed all the problematic things from the games we used to like, because they have to have cola and burger king ads on them.

Games went from edgy, sexy, cool and fun to boring, ugly, tame and woke (woke is the new mainstream religion of the western middle and upper classes, so it's acceptable and ad friendly)

This is why most of the OG audiences are mostly still playing older games and watching old tv shows and movies, and why companies keep fooling people into buying new games or watching new movies by doing nothing but taking advantage of member berries with endless sequels and remakes.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-25 03:37:00  
Feels like someone is getting old, and is not handling well that
[+]
By gargurty 2024-08-25 04:00:47  
tbh i feel how he is feeling. Nowadays movies, series and games need to make a butt load of money or they are just cancelt. Everything needs to be as neutral as possible as to not hurt someones feelings or how they see there ideas. Gone are the days of just good old fashioned action with normal no cgi stunts. Now its all computerised up to a point its seems fake as hell.
Ooh lets make a series but lets make sure its right so everyone can say its woke. Boring stunts, 90 minutes of action for no reason, wrong people taking lead roles and lets make it as neutral as possible. Needs to be woman as the main role, lets make it black too so people cant say its rasist. And please lets not mention women or man, but gender neutral.
Sadly gone are the times of just normal movies that we used to love.
Sorry if i offend people but im old school. I dont give a *** what someones gender is or the color of your skin. For me everyone is the same. I like you for who you are. Age has nothing to do with. We might be getting older but we still play the game. Think of this.....did i just get beaten by a 13 year old kid or is it grandma of 70 :)
By Zehira 2024-08-25 04:47:18  
They are right. Well, you see, Mark Hamill used to be a cool and good actor, but now he is a dead brain.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-25 05:26:38  
I like when i get chained manga recommendations to read next.

The Devil Ecstasy lead me to Happiness, from the same author, and scanlators note lead me to 51 ways to save her and My little monster, to read next
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-25 05:29:53  
Viciouss said: »
No no, can't pick and choose based on your own agenda.
bit ironic when you didn't have anything to add to the topic besides your own agenda, no?
[+]
By Afania 2024-08-25 05:55:41  
RadialArcana said: »
Games went from edgy, sexy, cool and fun to boring, ugly, tame and woke

I see you need more modern edgy, sexy, cool and exciting game in your daily life. Here, let me recommend a modern game for you.

The Coffin of Andy and Leyley(over 20k overwhelming positive review)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2378900/The_Coffin_of_Andy_and_Leyley/

Brother and sister practice cannibalism after witnessing a botched satanic ritual. Incest relationship, everything.

Enjoy!
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-08-25 05:58:20  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Back to my vodka and monke game. That big headed idiot near the second shrine keeps *** me up, and I'm determined to kill it before I go to sleep.

Wukong doing a great job humbling me. Some say its far easier than Elden Ring but I'm still getting my *** whooped a lot.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-25 06:09:58  
Afania said: »
Brother and sister practice cannibalism after witnessing a botched satanic ritual. Incest relationship, everything.

By RadialArcana 2024-08-25 06:44:13  
I see you need more modern edgy, sexy, cool and exciting game in your daily life. Here, let me recommend a modern game for you.

That's an indie coomer game made by a woman, these are not mainstream.

In the west now, there is things that are allowed to be depraved and things that are not. A common rule of thumb is if it makes straight men happy its terrorism and putting women at risk, and if it's a big bear fking a gay man it's absolutely fabulous 10/10 IGN approved.

If BG3 did not have that bear scene it would have been hated and attacked endlessly for having hot female characters, Larion played those half shaved head losers like a fiddle.

One of the hacks companies use these days to add things into their games they know their mostly all male audience will like is to try to make the hot female character a lesbian, this is done for no reason other than to bypass blue haired arm flappers.

I laughed so hard when all the progressives took Bayonetta as their own LGBT sloot icon, and relished in her sexuality and then the clueless devs posted a picture of her with a hot chad guy and a kid and they spazzed out.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-25 07:08:39  
Culture has shifted in a weird way so that concepts which would've been seen as going too far 20 years ago (satanism, incest, bestophilia, transexuality) are seen as safe choices in any media intended for the 'nerd' bracket. Meanwhile, things that have been considered standard for all of human history, like a cis male+female couple of the same race where both members are attractive, are too risky for the same audience.

I understand the representation argument, but I still find it unappealing.
By Afania 2024-08-25 07:08:52  
RadialArcana said: »
That's an indie coomer game made by a woman, these are not mainstream.

But does it matter for people with a niche taste?

If you like edgy, sexy and cool games there are plenty in the indie community. Why do you care if it's mainstream or not? Just go and play them.

Unless you normally don't care enough to play edgy, sexy and cool games yourself. You just want to look for an excuse to ***on mainstream games.

In fact, you just ***on non-mainstream game by with sentence above too. That proves you never liked niche games and weird themes to begin with.

Even if mainstream games all go for edgy, sexy and cool route I doubt you'll play them anyways, you'll just look for a different excuse to ***on them all because it's "fun".
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-25 07:11:57  
edgy, sexy and cool games

I think his point is that none of the topics in your game are actually edgy by today's standards. Mainstream media like game of thrones does incest. Satanism is a hallmark of nerd media. Cannibalism isn't a taboo any more either, as long as you don't tie it into the tribes that actually do it(that would be racism).

Sexy and cool are subjective, but what I'd consider sexy is traditionally attractive cisgender white or asian females. Those have been reduced substantially in modern games. The type of crass humor from the 90s is seen as cool to many who grew up in that era, but using humor like that is far more 'edgy' by todays standards than touching on the topics you mentioned.

It does matter a little whether something is mainstream, though. I'm not going to say big studios are the end-all, but being mainstream means access to much higher quality animation, A-list voice actors, etc. It can play a big part in how good a game is.
By Afania 2024-08-25 07:36:17  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I think his point is that none of the topics in your game are actually edgy by today's standards. Mainstream media like game of thrones does incest. Satanism is a hallmark of nerd media. Cannibalism isn't a taboo any more either, as long as you don't tie it into the tribes that actually do it(that would be racism).

Don't worry, even if someone made a game that is even more edgy than satanism/cannibalism/incest, I bet 10 gil that Radial wouldn't play them either.

Looking at the list of games praised by Radial on this site from the past(Monochrome Mobius, Granblue Fantasy relink, FF7 rebirth, Unicorn Overlord), those are some of the most old-fashioned, traditional, uncreative mainstream and trope-y anime story.

I am not saying those games are bad as a whole (except Monochrome Mobius), but the theme is definitely nothing close to being creative nor edgy. Even Unicorn Overlord is one tier less creative than 13 sentinels from the same company, in terms of theme.

So just based on Radial's post from the past, I can confidently say Radial doesn't really care about creativity in the gaming industry, nor they choose games based on edgy themes. They care about finding every opportunity to ***on the gaming industry more.

With such intention, for me it is hard to take any other points they made about the gaming industry seriously. Dude even admitted they had "fun" posting ***from the past, lol.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-25 07:40:44  
I don't think Radial actually cares about games as much as he does using them as a proxy to talk about culture war issues. But, those issues are still a colossal influence on western games, so I find it hard to disagree with him.
[+]
By Afania 2024-08-25 07:48:17  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
those issues are still a colossal influence on western games, so I find it hard to disagree with him.

It's understandable, but if you think about it, games from the 90s had significantly less budget than today's AAA game. What we called AAA games today took 3-5 years and hundreds of people. In some cases, 7-10 years of development.

Making an AAA game today is kind of investment that has much, much higher stake than a 90s game.

So it makes sense that mainstream games took safe route because they simply can't fail in every way.

(Even black Myth Wukong used the absolute safest/overused theme in China to get it approved, so it's not like in Asia is any different from the west when it comes to political correct.)

It's mostly a money issue. Nothing we can do about it really.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-25 07:57:22  
It's exclusively a money issue. They make what (they think) sells, that's the beginning and the end of the topic.

Concord is a spectacular failure. Dustborn is a spectacular failure. Suicide Squad is a spectacular failure. Borderlands is a spectacular failure. They tried to shame Wukong into failure and made it's success way more than crazy than it had any right to be.

Winds of change blow slowly, but they never stop.
First Page 2 3 ... 22686 22687 22688 ... 22706 22707 22708