Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22668 22669 22670 ... 22701 22702 22703
By Zehira 2024-08-06 05:06:22  
Forget retail completely. Give any private server a try. Sorely focus on it. Think how much you actually care about the community. Come back here to see what intelligence is about.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-06 05:13:27  
Afania said: »
The only problem is people getting mad for absolutely no reason lol.

You think everyone that types stuff on the internet is mad, it's not that deep. It's just interesting to talk about stuff.
By Dodik 2024-08-06 05:14:59  
Forget love. Embrace only pain. Let your hate run through you.

Yes.

Yes.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 05:43:34  
Make sure to wash your hands after
By Drayco 2024-08-06 06:31:12  
RadialArcana said: »

I feel like you don't actually have much private server experience. I feel like you're just regurgitating things you've read about Horizon and Nasomi. I've spent a good amount of time on a lot of private servers. The two I mentioned above certainly do have some stupid people in them, but they are a big minority and won't ruin your experience unless you're interacting with them. The vast majority of private server people are very friendly.

Realms of Jova is one of my favorite private servers. They had some really neat custom content in Abyessa and even their own custom relic-type weapons to build. Everybody on that server is incredibly friendly. The only reason I'm not there is the literal decades of work I have into my retail character. It's only fun to do some things over, most things suck to do again.
By Dodik 2024-08-06 06:46:38  
Oh my frakking Deity, there is an actual frakking private server section just go in there and talk about it instead of polluting every single thread with this bull crap.
[+]
By Drayco 2024-08-06 07:18:01  
Forget retail. Embrace only private servers. Let your hate run through you.

Yes.

Yes.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 07:23:11  
Too many random libidinous thoughts today
By Afania 2024-08-06 07:57:27  
The only problem is people getting mad for absolutely no reason lol.

You think everyone that types stuff on the internet is mad, it's not that deep. It's just interesting to talk about stuff.

Umm no. I think people who uses strong negative words like "liar" "fake" "problem" etc without any solid evidence to backup the claim is mad.

If you type neutral statements as it is without adding negative emotions out of nowhere I wouldn't accuse you for being mad, lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-06 09:55:11  
Quote:
A U.S. judge ruled on Monday that Google violated antitrust law, spending billions of dollars to create an illegal monopoly and become the world's default search engine, the first big win for federal authorities taking on Big Tech's market dominance.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-06 10:14:37  
Google must have annoyed someone and not done as they were told.

Umm no. I think people who uses strong negative words like "liar" "fake" "problem" etc without any solid evidence to backup the claim is mad.

Having an interest in something and thinking someone is a shi**er, isn't the same as being mad about it.

From what I know

He took a company that was built to be an open source project and made it private, for money.

He took a technology that was being worked on behind the scenes for many years, by many companies and brought it out into the public for money. Before it was ready.

He approached Scarlett Johansen to use her voice to build association with the movie "her" about an AI romance (for obvious reasons), she said no and he tried to do it anyway. She called him a creep.

He has mislead people into thinking this stuff is AI when it's not, he misleads investors on the regular pretending he has AGI.

He has been lobbying stupid out of touch lawmakers and politicians to say this tech is dangerous, so he can create a monopoly and cut open source projects out.

Guy is a shi**er.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/05/technology/elon-musk-openai-lawsuit.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/20/technology/scarlett-johansson-openai-statement.html
By Afania 2024-08-06 10:21:32  
He has mislead people into thinking this stuff is AI when it's not, he misleads investors on the regular pretending he has AGI.

No comment on the business people drama part, I only want to correct your misinformation on technology terms.

This stuff IS AI, it's like the 3rd time that I had to correct you on this.

It's not AGI but it IS AI. Just stop spreading misinformation already.
By Afania 2024-08-06 10:23:33  
Also lol if you side with Elon Musk.

That guy isn't any less of an A-hole(and drama ***) IMO.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-06 10:25:44  

No comment on the business drama part, I only want to correct your misinformation on technology terms.

This stuff IS AI, it's like the 3rd time that I had to correct you on this.

It's not AGI but it IS AI. Just stop spreading misinformation already.

A monster in FFXI is AI too then.

The problem isn't so much the term itself but the way he and others used it, in order to fool people into thinking it was more than it is. He and many other tech people did nothing to dissuade people away from thinking it was proper Artificial intelligence.

There were so many people that thought this was going to become self aware and were afraid, when it is nothing of the sort and is just a really good chatbot.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-06 10:26:53  
That guy isn't any less of an A-hole(and drama ***) IMO.

Everyone that gets a lot of money is an a-hole, you don't become that wealthy by being a nice guy.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-08-06 10:28:54  
Through the Looking-Glass (1871) by Lewis Carroll said:
“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”
[+]
By Afania 2024-08-06 10:50:42  
He and many other tech people did nothing to dissuade people away from thinking it was proper Artificial intelligence.

Hence I asked you to quote his incorrect statement about this technology if there are any. So far I haven't find any AI statement from Open AI that is objectively incorrect.

There are many objectively incorrect/unveriable statements about AI on the social media. But those didn't come from Open AI. It came from random people on the internet.

It's not fair to accuse people for things that they never said.

Just FYI, I also read open AI website again about chatGPT, none of the description about chatGPT was objectively incorrect. They even warned the users about chatGPT can produce incorrect information. Which is about as honest as you want.

None of the chatGPT functionality are hidden from the public.

So who is making incorrect AI statements exactly? Quote? Link?

There were so many people that thought this was going to become self aware and were afraid,

Not Open AI's fault, you blamed on the wrong person for this. Open AI never said chatGPT will become self aware any time soon afaik.

Blame the source of the rumor, not Open AI.
By Afania 2024-08-06 11:05:25  
There were so many people that thought this was going to become self aware and were afraid,

https://openai.com/index/chatgpt/

This is open AI's official description about chatGPT:

Quote:
We trained this model using Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF), using the same methods as InstructGPT, but with slight differences in the data collection setup. We trained an initial model using supervised fine-tuning: human AI trainers provided conversations in which they played both sides—the user and an AI assistant. We gave the trainers access to model-written suggestions to help them compose their responses. We mixed this new dialogue dataset with the InstructGPT dataset, which we transformed into a dialogue format.

To create a reward model for reinforcement learning, we needed to collect comparison data, which consisted of two or more model responses ranked by quality. To collect this data, we took conversations that AI trainers had with the chatbot. We randomly selected a model-written message, sampled several alternative completions, and had AI trainers rank them. Using these reward models, we can fine-tune the model using Proximal Policy Optimization. We performed several iterations of this process.

Quote:
Limitations
ChatGPT sometimes writes plausible-sounding but incorrect or nonsensical answers. Fixing this issue is challenging, as: (1) during RL training, there’s currently no source of truth; (2) training the model to be more cautious causes it to decline questions that it can answer correctly; and (3) supervised training misleads the model because the ideal answer depends on what the model knows(opens in a new window), rather than what the human demonstrator knows.

It described how it works in details, they also told the users about the limitations. Absolutely nothing was hidden from the public afaik.

No statement were made about AGI nor "become self aware" kind of ***. Nothing. Such rumor all came from other people or from your head lol.

So why should open AI be responsible for internet rumors if they didn't create them?
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 13:17:56  
Its so frigging tiresome watching a lesson, with people stopping the lesson every 5 minutes to ask random questions.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-06 13:49:57  
Pantafernando said: »
Too many random libidinous thoughts today
Take the root of the problem in hand and face the issue.

A monster in FFXI is AI too then.
Yep.

Everyone that gets a lot of money is an a-hole, you don't become that wealthy by being a nice guy.
Nope.

My grandfather made his first million during the depression. He was a nice guy with CHR 17. But when the fortune depends on one person it unfortunately will vanish on that person's death.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 14:25:25  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
He was a nice guy with CHR 17.

Thats kinda low stat.

Maybe use better accessories.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 14:26:13  
I think my DD chars were way over 100 CHR in the end
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-08-06 15:31:53  

Thats kinda low stat.

CHR 17 in Dungeons and Dragons terms is still a +3 modifier to all checks and rolls that are modified by CHR. It's actually pretty high for starting out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-08-06 16:04:45  
My grandfather made his first million during the depression. He was a nice guy with CHR 17. But when the fortune depends on one person it unfortunately will vanish on that person's death.
Looking back do you think it's best to wait a decade before claiming social security? or best to start right at earliest age etc

Father in law started at 65 and he* got like 2550/month but due to inflation over time he gets like 3100/month now

I look forward to pulling retirement from both countries, working ~25 years in each one and seeing which one is more generous
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 16:21:56  
Only the women is saving Brasil in the Olympics
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-08-06 16:25:50  
I love how the new running mate announced today is born like months apart from harris yet he looks like 100 years older.

Dude must have had a full life lol
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-06 17:42:01  
Thats kinda low stat.

I was talking unmodified.

I once met an 18. It was horrifying. Not at the time but the moment we got out of his AoE and realized what had happened to our minds.

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Looking back do you think it's best to wait a decade before claiming social security? or best to start right at earliest age etc
The age at death of your parents and grandparents has much to do with that decision. If they all died of natural causes at 70 take it ASAP. My family is long lived save for the grandfather mentioned above so I took it late.

Quote:
I look forward to pulling retirement from both countries, working ~25 years in each one and seeing which one is more generous
Both might well be better than either one. Medicare is pretty good here but you need secondary coverage. Canada just might fill in that spot but I know nothing about Canada's retirement system.

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
I love how the new running mate announced today is born like months apart from harris yet he looks like 100 years older.

Dude must have had a full life lol
He was a teacher.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-06 17:53:09  
Tonight i dont feel like doing anything thats not laying down in bed.

I guess no farming or studying.

Just reading some manga and watching random videos
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-08-06 17:56:11  
I know nothing about Canada's retirement system.
it's called CPP and each child you bring to 18 counts as life experience and brings up your possible CPP income, not just hours worked over your lifetime

That way mothers that dedicated their lives to children instead of working can still collect some assistance once old enough etc unlike the american system that does not weigh such things.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22668 22669 22670 ... 22701 22702 22703