Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22653 22654 22655 ... 22698 22699 22700
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-20 14:17:49  
You mean Genji

Hes cool, his gloves let you hit 4 times per attack round
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-20 14:49:30  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Pantafernando said: »
I would blame more the manager or the person who hired the dev.
https://www.crowdstrike.com/careers/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
Considering the demographics of programmers its a 95% chance the developer was a white male.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-20 15:07:31  
Microsoft needs to be broken up as a monopoly and 2 competing operating systems created, one of which would be Windows 7 forever edition again.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-20 15:20:44  
Microsoft isnt a monopoly.

Supposely its dominant in domestic OS, and overall suite of solution, but it has competitiors in mostly all the range of their products.

Cloud: Azure probably is behind AWS. Google is another strong competitor.
AI: Same as above. Facebook is behind but its running also.
All the other solutions are just subpar to other specialized products.

I personally see Microsoft as "jack of all trades" platform. Regarding Windows, you use Windows because you dont have the money to buy Apple, and dont want to undertake the learning curve of Linux based systems
By Pantafernando 2024-07-20 15:24:16  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Considering the demographics of programmers its a 95% chance the developer was a white male.

And nerd
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-20 15:47:10  
Send him to the Gulag too then
Idc if hes a white male
By RadialArcana 2024-07-20 15:52:43  
Linux derived systems

Linux isn't comparable, it's a free option.

Only reason Microsoft are allowed to get away with what they do is cause they work with the intelligence agencies.

I wouldn't mind but windows 10 is bad and 11 is disgusting.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-20 16:47:27  
Oh god....... infested liches/sisters of parvos
By Wordspoken 2024-07-20 16:51:29  
I wasn't expecting to do battle against backstreet boys in a video game but I guess here we are.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-20 16:57:07  
who u going to date bro
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-20 17:17:33  
And nerd
100% on the nerd part.

Allow me to explain my post. The anti DEI BS is really saying that the best person for the job is ALWAYS a white male so why look elsewhere.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-20 17:19:01  
Well, I thought the combo Sazh and Ligthning was bad, but the combo Sazh and Vanille is... unconfortable...

That scene where the chocobo baby pops to prevent Sazh to take a peak under Vanilles skirt was totally utterly unnecessary.

To not sound like Im picking on Sazh, Sazh and Snow and Sazh and Hope sounded nice.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-20 17:25:08  
Shiva sisters becoming Snow's motorbike alsa was painfully cringe.

Reminded me the 2000's old Fox Kids cartoon where they used to bring some transformers kind of animation. It got badly dated. I dont want to ride my summon as a bike.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-20 17:43:12  
Soulframe looks like ***, that they had the nerve to show that garbage at TC amazes me.
By Zehira 2024-07-20 19:08:42  
Likely that happened a day after Microsoft fired its entire DEI team.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-20 19:11:31  
The anti DEI BS is really saying that the best person for the job is ALWAYS a white male so why look elsewhere.
I dont think that at all, but nice projection there.

There is one checkbox I care about when it comes to hiring people: BPA - Best Person Available

I give zero *** if they are white black trans gay asian male female alien muslim furry etc etc. BPA is all that matters. DEI initiatives where companies openly state "were only hiring people of marginalized communities because diversity is our strength" is literally begging for people start asking questions when things go wrong.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-07-20 19:21:39  
DEI is so cancerous lately, so many of us are mixed these days, its all a joke.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-20 19:33:29  
Speaking of

Hows AC: Shadows lookin these days? lol
By Afania 2024-07-20 21:57:39  
RadialArcana said: »
Microsoft needs to be broken up as a monopoly and 2 competing operating systems created, one of which would be Windows 7 forever edition again.

The reason why windows OS is dominating is because it is a platform. Customers generally prefer 1 platform for everything because it makes their life easy.

You can use Linux if you like. But overwhelming amount of software won't work. In fact many software also don't have mac version. This makes windows the best OS if you want to use every software that you have.

Many software developer aren't going to develop multiple software versions for different OS. It costs more money and time to maintain and test for all the OS. It is cheaper and easier to have one OS that everybody uses and release software for that OS only.

Please don't make people's life harder by requesting multiple OS competing with windows lol. Imagine there are 3 mainstream OS in the market and one software that you want only works in one OS that you don't have. PITA.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-20 22:29:22  
7 hour mmi exam now i slept for 10 hours yesterday woke up 9 pm now its 7 am hopefully i dont get sleepy in the middle of it
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-07-21 00:27:32  
This Evo 3rd Strike finals with Justin Wong on the commentary is fire
 Asura.Thunderjet
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-21 01:11:46  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
This Evo 3rd Strike finals with Justin Wong on the commentary is fire
I will have to watch it after mmi exam
By Pantafernando 2024-07-21 02:22:34  
Good morning you who are a guy in the internet.

Also good morning you who are a girl in the internet.

You maybe be 1% in population in the FFXI game, but rest assured, youra 99% of the time in the nerd guy's heart.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-21 02:28:39  
Afania said: »
RadialArcana said: »

Thats what that guy wants. He wants 3 different OS so he can complain 3 times more.

But if there are 5 OSs, then he could complain 5x times more.

Thats the obscure reason behind his demand
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-21 02:35:18  
And nerd
100% on the nerd part.

Allow me to explain my post. The anti DEI BS is really saying that the best person for the job is ALWAYS a white male so why look elsewhere.
This is an extremely important conversation to have, for two reasons.

If your countries population for example is 60% white people and 50% of them guys, and the specific field you need to hire for is 95% white guys, the field itself needs a great deal of attention to help those minorities enter the field and create an environment where they can also thrive, and bring representation to more accurate levels of the society as a whole.

And secondly if that same field is currently 80% white guys, and your specific company has only hired 98% white guys for the role, you also have a critical responsibility to at the very least bring your own internal percentage closer to that aforementioned 80%, or else you are deliberately failing to hire the best candidates for your roles and are severely lacking in your hiring processes. Your hiring team is currently at risk giving their white male candidates an unfair and discriminatory advantage, and requires further auditing.

If the further auditing does not find genuine effort to bring your 98% rate closer to the 80% average for the field, then changes need to be made.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-21 02:44:34  
Nerd smelly cat said:
And nerd
100% on the nerd part.

60% white people
50% of them guys
95% white guys
80% white guys
98% white guys
that aforementioned 80%
98% rate closer
to the 80% average

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-07-21 03:00:01  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
bring representation to more accurate levels of the society as a whole
As I am sure you know, a lot of people disagree with this premise from the outset. And will reject this as forced DEI.

I'm all for helping better the lives of the underprivileged, but I'm not sure if relying chiefly on demographics for hiring while mostly disregarding individual merits (and making it law) is truly creating a better environment for everyone, especially in capitalistic societies.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-21 03:22:16  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
bring representation to more accurate levels of the society as a whole
As I am sure you know, a lot of people disagree with this premise from the outset. And will reject this as forced DEI.

I'm all for helping better the lives of the underprivileged, but I'm not sure if relying chiefly on demographics for hiring while mostly disregarding individual merits (and making it law) is truly creating a better environment for everyone, especially in capitalistic societies.
It comes down to very simply math. What is going to give you the highest chance of hiring the best possible candidate for a role?

Pulling your pool of applicants from 60% of the entire population of people? Or pulling them from 100% of the population.

The goal is to make sure your applicant pool resembles as closely as possible to your current civilizations’ 100% for that respective field, to get the best possible candidates that exist in that population. That is by far a more profitable method of talent acquisition from a capitalistic sense too. it’s likely more work to have your applicant pool resemble that 100% accurately, but it pays off.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-21 06:05:11  
And secondly if that same field is currently 80% white guys, and your specific company has only hired 98% white guys for the role, you also have a critical responsibility to at the very least bring your own internal percentage closer to that aforementioned 80%, or else you are deliberately failing to hire the best candidates for your roles and are severely lacking in your hiring processes. Your hiring team is currently at risk giving their white male candidates an unfair and discriminatory advantage, and requires further auditing.

If the further auditing does not find genuine effort to bring your 98% rate closer to the 80% average for the field, then changes need to be made.
This is assuming that the hiring process didn't already evaluate the candidates for merit before deciding on the candidates they accepted. When your applicant pool is 80% white males, and 20% broken down between each other race/gender combination, you're talking about race/gender combinations with representation of 1-2% or less. There is a very real possibility that a smaller sample like that has less outliars(and if you have hundreds of candidates to choose from, you want the upper end outliars).

Hitting some target ratio doesn't give you a higher chance, using a greater degree of objective criteria to evaluate the best candidate does. And, if you want to credit 'math', try running a few simulations that randomly distribute merit values. In a situation where you are hiring 10 out of 1000, 10 out of 100, etc.. you'll find that the simulation very rarely distributes merit perfectly evenly.. probability doesn't work that way.

Finally, the assumption that merit is just evenly distributed across races in the first place is entirely unsupported. There are perfectly valid arguments to be made against the data supporting racial IQ differences, so let's not go there. But, you still have differences in average living conditions between races. You have differences in minimum score required to get into a college or program in the first place, due to the same representation arguments. You have measurably different hormone balances, which alter behavior in subtle ways we can't fully evaluate. Unfortunately, you have some applied eugenics from eras of slavery. The argument that all of these conflating factors perfectly balance out to create an exact equilibrium is absurd. Every race/gender combination has a wide variety of people with a wide variety of capabilities, but when you narrow it down to one geographic location and one high-skill profession, you don't necessarily represent that.

It comes down to very simply math. What is going to give you the highest chance of hiring the best possible candidate for a role?

Pulling your pool of applicants from 60% of the entire population of people? Or pulling them from 100% of the population.
Pulling your pool of applicants from 100% of the population is going to give you the highest chance of hiring the best possible candidate. Considering every candidate on their merits, regardless of race is undeniably the best path. Your earlier post was not talking about applicant pools, you specifically mentioned internal percentages. When you try to match internal percentages to demographics, you are potentially hiring based on racial discrimination.. because it requires looking at race when considering who to hire.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-07-21 06:09:36  
If you have 100 people apply and 95 are white men (or 95 japanese/korean men if in Japan/korea), 4 are women and 1 is black then the best person for the job is probably going to be a white man / japanese man / korean man (depending on country) because by the percentages that's going to be the most likely.

So if you force a hire to be a woman or black man then you're picking someone that is most likely going to be terrible at the job, by the percentages. There is no surival of the fittest for women or black men, as their are white men / japanese men / korean men who are not very good at the job (if I applied to be a coder I would never get hired cause there are too many people better than me, if I was black I would get hired no matter how bad I am cause that's how DEI works). They will just hire anyone that shows any interest in that job if they tick the box, cause it's enforced hiring.

Also, the real argument here is why does there need to be population representative numbers of women or black people in these jobs if they obviously don't care about those careers in the first place to apply to them?

Is a black man a black man in the eyes of a white middle class manager or is he just a man, or just a human? why does a black man need to be hired if he is 1% of the applicants over everyone else? Well the reason is because they see race above all else, or sex or whatever else. We have moved so far away from "we are all the same" to "you are what the tick box is, and that's all that matters and that's all you'll ever be"

If I want to hire someone to write romance novels do I hire a hyper masculine black man for the sake of diversity and my virtue signalling needs, giving the readers a terrible book or do I just hire the person that will give the end users the best product? A middle aged woman who has been writing romance novels her whole life, similarily do I hire a middle aged woman to write star wars or a bald middle aged white guy that has been fixated with sci-fi and d&d all his life?

Ultimately DEI is all about virtue signalling for upper class / middle class white people in positions of management. That's why social media is bad, because they constantly want the world to know they have a massive E-virtue PP and want to wash themselves with the glow of likes and praise of their middle class pompous friends.

The argument for DEI from these people is that they know they are hiring utterly incompetent people, but this provides role models for aspiring young girls or black kids to want to achieve. In reality it's not doing that at all, most young girls still want to do jobs that fit their personalities and nature (nursing, sales, onlyfans (is the biggest growth career for women ironically) or generally jobs that don't take over your life) and most black guys want to be sports stars, singers or rappers. So this entire circus is doing nothing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22653 22654 22655 ... 22698 22699 22700