Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22650 22651 22652 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-16 20:44:42  
Space Donuts is over, yay

That finale, so close to being good. Almost. I mean like, prettiest turd on the pile, but yeah.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-16 21:05:52  

2nd best +2 (on the job that I'll never play)
[+]
By Draylo 2024-07-16 22:07:02  
Is there anything worth it on prime day or is it just the normal prices with fake discounts
By Pantafernando 2024-07-17 02:13:12  
Good morning you who sing the national anthem with all your patriotism and energy. Also you who sing it while being drunk drugged or both.

It was only a couple of minutes that would definitivelly impact your carreer, you could choose to be there in top form to perform your best but no. Its your life and you have the right to live every single damn second the same and none has the any damn business to say the opposite.

YOLO.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-17 02:44:01  
NumPy is powerful, but its syntax is so intuitive that becomes obscure.

I just saw a code doing array == int and I scratching my head before realizing it could be some NumPy tweaks.

I mean, it makes sense, but also makes no sense at all.

Trying to make the usage more accessible to non-programmers, but it just degrades the code readability.

Also incentivate a syntax maybe majority of languages would return false or simply an error.

(Dang…. Not only that but doing array == int doesnt even return a boolean but one element. Its like the minimal functional code i ever see)
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-17 09:22:04  
Draylo said: »
Is there anything worth it on prime day or is it just the normal prices with fake discounts
As I understand it prime day has a lot of stuff actually marked down that has just now become last year's model or is about to be.

There is also "how did we get this many of this piece of crap and how much do we need to discount it to make it appealing?" stuff.

But most of the stuff falls into the "well we never really sold it at this price that we said we marked it down from" class.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-17 09:24:33  
Amazon has a lot of analytics available, including YTD prices. There's sites that aggregate this info. If you're unsure about something you're buying do a check on it. The vacuum I ended up getting was like 20% lower than the lowest YTD price
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-07-17 09:52:50  
Yeah I bought a drawing tablet on amazon last month it was marked down 45% but now it is just 21% for prime day.
By Viciouss 2024-07-17 10:38:31  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

That finale, so close to being good. Almost. I mean like, prettiest turd on the pile, but yeah.

Hopefully they cancel the show. Or at the very least, replace the entire writing room. That's not how the Force works, Disney.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-17 10:53:24  
Draylo said: »
This is the kind of stuff we should be utilizing AI for

“I made a list of the top 50 items with highest prime day mark down percentages and excluded all the fake increase day before ***, and also made a list of the top 50 prime deals relevant to draylo’s known interests, come take a look.”
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-17 11:08:05  
I was under the impression prime day was mostly fake markdowns and clearance of unused products, but I pulled up a battery pack I've been considering for a while and it was marked down from $1000 to $800. Solid deal.

On the flip side, while scrolling the hot deals, there was a SSD listed at a higher price than I paid last year[not on sale then], with a 40% markdown claimed. So, some of it is definitely fake.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-17 11:26:53  
Viciouss said: »

Hopefully they cancel the show. Or at the very least, replace the entire writing room. That's not how the Force works, Disney.

It couldve been done much better, same arc, but with half the slog and retardation. I would watch more of the story, done better. (I dont particularly want to read 40 high republic novels though)

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I was under the impression prime day was mostly fake markdowns and clearance of unused products, but I pulled up a battery pack I've been considering for a while and it was marked down from $1000 to $800. Solid deal.

On the flip side, while scrolling the hot deals, there was a SSD listed at a higher price than I paid last year[not on sale then], with a 40% markdown claimed. So, some of it is definitely fake.

Mostly fake, not exclusively fake, of course. All sales are psychology. Buy it now or I'll raise the price tomorrow! ....ignore what the price really was yesterday...
By Viciouss 2024-07-17 11:44:28  

It couldve been done much better, same arc, but with half the slog. I would watch more of the story, done better. (I dont particularly want to read 40 high republic novels though)

Biggest question I had was who are they making this show for? Who is the target audience? Definitely wasn't kids, writing was too stupid for adults, what was the goal? Just cancel it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-17 11:58:46  
It was for all the handmaidens who scream tear down the patriarchy in their heads. All wish and no backbone.

Shitting on the past, destroying legacy. Those people.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-17 13:11:31  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-17 14:07:02  
Biggest question I had was who are they making this show for? Who is the target audience? Definitely wasn't kids, writing was too stupid for adults, what was the goal? Just cancel it.

There's a faction of those who make production decisions who right now feel like there's a scoreboard that needs evening out- regardless of actual economic numbers that typically control such decisions.

Combine that group with another faction who is allowing only the data to make production decisions, with little to no artistic input to balance it out.....and the result is a helluva lot of movies and shows not being made for actual audiences.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-17 15:38:02  
The proper term is "the modern audience".
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-17 16:44:38  
Spent $100 on tea and got some keychains and a royal hog
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-17 17:07:38  
Mostly is correct. Mostly =/= all/
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-07-17 17:13:48  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Mostly is correct. Mostly =/= all/

The only things I'll grab from prime day are clothes, and some telescope accessories.

I did grab some Celestron Binoculars last year which were great for some stargazing stuff. Obviously there are better ones if you are a gear snob. But they are definitely decent for finding and observing Andromeda/The Orion Nebula through light pollution.
By Draylo 2024-07-17 17:50:02  
Some things seemed more expensive than before... which is weird because I had gotten a better deal only a couple days ago. I did see a few things lower than usual so i got some.

It couldve been done much better, same arc, but with half the slog and retardation. I would watch more of the story, done better. (I dont particularly want to read 40 high republic novels though)

Mostly fake, not exclusively fake, of course. All sales are psychology. Buy it now or I'll raise the price tomorrow! ....ignore what the price really was yesterday...

Some of the fights were decent compared to a lot of post Disney saber battles. It isn't as absolutely horrible as most are hating on it for, but it wasn't good.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-17 20:53:38  
Season finale of the boys tonight (tomorrow)

Doesnt feel like the story really moved forward all that much in season 4. With only one season left, only 8 hours, they have a lot of ground to cover.

I guess spoilers, not really, but I guess.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-17 22:51:59  
Oh ***, they dropped Snowpiercer season 4 ep 1 today, 8+ months earlier than they said!

Hurray
By Pantafernando 2024-07-18 02:37:19  
Good morning you who used to use sex calls back in 90s. Also you who subscribed to received sex message via SMS when the smartphone werent invented yet. And finally you who pays monthly for a AI girlfriend.

Make sure to buy accessories for augmented reality. Its a good combination with your virtual lover.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2024-07-18 09:49:35  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Update: german passport came in yesterday, a lil earlier than my initial anticipation date of 2037, but hey emp+3 did actually come out!!

hallo! :)

edit: i need to update vaporeon avatar with a german hat.... *googles* a Tyrolean hat!
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-07-18 11:40:06  
Season finale of the boys tonight (tomorrow)

Finale was good, but this season overall was weak. A shame coming off Gen V, it feels like they could've moved things along faster than they did.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-18 12:14:40  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
My initial assessment was that this member of the well regulated militia wanted to go out in a blaze of notoriety and it was a good thing that schools were not in session.

After learning that he was a registered republican who had Trump yard signs planted in his yard this seems more and more likely.
The ear piercer had researched Trump, Biden, and members of the British royal family. I am sticking with this assessment.

Quote:
The concept that we are living inside a computer simulation also seems more and more likely.
Still wondering about this one though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-18 12:40:54  
It's easy enough to understand statistically, it's not a computer simulation, Futurama explained this pretty spectacularly honestly.

If we were a sim, we'd be simulated by a simulation who was simulated by a simulation, infinite layers deep. The first computer would run out of computational ability.

The more likely, a cosmic being created earth as a tv show cause being all knowing is pretty boring. Watching humans fight and react to stimuli has infinite value.
(An all knowing being would know how to unknow, like Sage's self lobotomy, or Manhattans also self lobotomy)
By Pantafernando 2024-07-18 13:41:50  
The first computer would run out of computational ability.

Thats an intuition based on our scale. But you certainly cant comprehend the universe with only our scale of understanding.

While considering finite energy to deny a theory is plausible, the wrong is not considering that finite in a higher scale can be pretty much considered infinite to our reality. Just see the sun.

Is it finite? Yes. But you can bet it will outlast human existance so its infinite for any actual purpose for humans.

Personally, my current belief is accepting maybe human isnt evolved enough to understand something above its mundane scale. Embracing our insignificance, maybe in the far far future, if humankind can develop further its brain capacity, maybe we can find a reasoning we can only attribute to "magic" in our age.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-18 13:44:00  
A programmer could only program a new program with things that programmer knows.

Our limits, would be their limits, because if their limits exceeded our limits, it'd be a poor simulation.

In fact, our theoretical limits, should far exceed their actual limitations. We put things we can't do in our crude simulations (movies, games), they would too.
First Page 2 3 ... 22650 22651 22652 ... 22706 22707 22708