Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22539 22540 22541 ... 22705 22706 22707
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-01 02:10:58  
Leon Kasai said: »
This is fantastic. Now I need Sephiroth and Gladiolus bonding over their love for cup noodles in the next Dissidia game.
Why does Sephiroth have a fox tail and ears?
By kishr 2024-03-01 05:21:40  
the udon(type of ramen) soup is called kitsune.
kitsune is the square thing inside the soup bowl,
also kitsune means fox in Japanese.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-01 08:52:50  
kishr said: »
the udon(type of ramen) soup is called kitsune.
kitsune is the square thing inside the soup bowl,
also kitsune means fox in Japanese.
Thank you SO MUCH Kishr!
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-03-01 18:06:54  
I’ve been doing some scrabble games with friends in the various European languages for fun and wow I feel bad for Italy, they get so many less letters to work with than the others

Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-01 18:15:56  
Italian is a pretty simple language, altough I fear just considering the graphems would be quite unfair for any language, but I guess it sorta does make sense if you're considering it just for the purpose of scrabble.

Aside from dipthongs, italian is constituted by 30 phonems. And I'm talking about the standard italian of course and not the regional variants and dialects.
Now 30 might not seem like a large value but it's nowhere near the european language with the least phonems.

You can get a better idea HERE
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-01 19:49:34  
Italian sounds nicer than the other dirty euro languages
[+]
By Hopalong 2024-03-01 21:13:30  
Interesting that they don't use J,K,W,X. Had to check that over twice.

However, they use those letters a hell of lot more than English letters even though we have more.

It's a romance language just like Spanish and French and they string out their descriptions and sentences. If you ask what a "plunger" is they say its a "stick that unstops drains".

English is cool like that because we have so many languages and cultures and fast growth in our vernacular that we can be super specific.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-03-01 21:16:56  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Italian is a pretty simple language, altough I fear just considering the graphems would be quite unfair for any language, but I guess it sorta does make sense if you're considering it just for the purpose of scrabble.

Aside from dipthongs, italian is constituted by 30 phonems. And I'm talking about the standard italian of course and not the regional variants and dialects.
Now 30 might not seem like a large value but it's nowhere near the european language with the least phonems.

You can get a better idea HERE
You make a good point; the very narrow lens I am viewing the language from is pretty biased and I don’t know enough about any of these languages to *** them accurately.

My mindset is as simple as “wow D is worth 5 here?!?? I love Italy!”

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I’ve heard too much suave French to agree with this statement.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-01 21:22:38  
Italian is EZ to speak!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-02 00:42:05  
Started ramping up difficulty on Alexander HTBF. Up to Normal goes fine. Interestingly could use Sylvie on VE and E without issue. N was hilarious though, just non-stop Gospel every tic. I laughed pretty hard. Swapped her out for Sakura. Floor him in about 13 minutes.

Punched it up to D...

Couldn't keep haste(FerreousCoffin). Not sure if I can meet the damage needed. Living was no problem. With Doctor Monbereaux I went the full 15 rounds (timed out with Alexander at 40%ish (he gospel'd at 50% and I lost all hope and my dinner bell rang(oven with Bellatoria 5 Cheese Pizza)

Guess-I'll-stick-to-spamming-E.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-03-02 07:06:54  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
I’ve been doing some scrabble games with friends in the various European languages for fun and wow I feel bad for Italy, they get so many less letters to work with than the others

This looks fun
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-02 09:10:31  
Hopalong said: »
Interesting that they don't use J,K,W,X. Had to check that over twice.
That's half a lie.

Canonically italian doesn't use those graphems (but that has very little to do with phonems though) but modern neo-standard italian does use those graphems because of several reasons I won't bore you with.
They are just very uncommon, but definitely a part of our regular alphabet, our keyboards, and blah blah.

As a matter of fact if you buy a box of Scrabble in Italy, you'll find those characters as well of course.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-02 09:22:18  
To my ears the best sounding euro language is Spanish with the Castilian accent.

English sounds best with the NPR accent epically by Audie Cornish.
[+]
 Cerberus.Draupnir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2024-03-02 09:41:20  
I'm thinking, it's been a long time.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-02 10:28:26  
Yay! I'm one of the big kids now!

(This thing looks so stupid, though XD)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-02 10:57:21  
You dont deserve such power
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-02 10:59:28  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Yay! I'm one of the big kids now!

(This thing looks so stupid, though XD)
Man Jessi running laps around me progression wise now!

Also though, it's not ugly! It's cute!

It's like if you stretch a Bahamut plushie over a gun. It just needs some little eyes.
[+]
By kishr 2024-03-02 11:05:46  
this quite cool.
https://youtu.be/mOkfVX-eHIQ?si=HrNdYJTUtFcUCQ_U

game made by the DragonBall art people.

looks very dragon quest'ish
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-02 13:18:05  
I'm almost up to 50,000 Beads again. I'm getting a headache trying to think which Malformed Weapon I should get next, in case I'm in a position to spam Geas Fete again. I already asked "Random Questions (FFXI-related)" a long time ago for their input, so I'm not asking for help deciding. I'm just ranting into the void lol

Fomalhaut was the only no-brainer decision among the whole lot for me.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-02 13:31:33  
Cerberus.Draupnir said: »
I'm thinking, it's been a long time.
You should do it more often then.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-02 14:05:51  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I'm almost up to 50,000 Beads again. I'm getting a headache trying to think which Malformed Weapon I should get next, in case I'm in a position to spam Geas Fete again. I already asked "Random Questions (FFXI-related)" a long time ago for their input, so I'm not asking for help deciding. I'm just ranting into the void lol

Fomalhaut was the only no-brainer decision among the whole lot for me.
What jobs do you play most and which weapons do you have?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-02 14:48:06  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
What jobs do you play most and which weapons do you have?

The problem is, it's practically inversely-proportional how much of an upgrade the item would be with respect to how much mileage I could get out of it. I'm not even sure when I'd be beating all of the bosses next anyway. I just want to get my Malformed Weapon so I'm not hemorrhaging Eschan Beads.

Blue Mage and Corsair are my biggest two. The ones I'm working towards graduating into adequacy are Red Mage and Paladin. You see why Fomalhaut was a no-brainer. I thought about maybe making a Sequence next, but I already have a Naegling and a few other decent options, so that feels like it might be a waste.

Another job I'm sort of working on is Thief. But I don't intend on taking that extremely far just yet, as it's already to a point where I can reliably beat Lilith and Difficult-level BC's. I'm also planning on getting a Tauret as my next Ambuscade weapon, which would be helpful for far more than just Thief. So I'm not sure I'd want to get an Aeneas.

Another option I've thought about is the Srivatsa. I've got an augmented Priwen in the meantime. But I question how much even that would benefit me. I'm not sure when I'll have my Paladin up to snuff, I'm not sure how often I'd even use it. And maybe by the time I'd get it up there, I might even have a Duban. So I'm not sure if the Srivatsa is what I want to prioritize either.

Ninja is on my list, but I probably won't have that properly geared for a long while yet. Still, the Heishi Shorinken seems like it would be a great place to start, and might even motivate me to work on it sooner. Maybe by the time I get it, I'll be at the point where I'm starting to work on Ninja. But what if I've miscalculated and it sits in my inventory for years?

And then obviously the 'best' Aeonic Weapon is the Marsyas. And I dunno - Bard isn't completely off the table for me. But it's really far down my list and probably won't even bother with it until enough time has passed that I'd probably have a handful of Aeonics anyway.

Dragoon, Dancer, and Rune Fencer are also kind of in the same general boat as Ninja: I want to gear them up, but not until I'm more comfortable with the 4~5 jobs I'm already focusing on. Even Warrior is kinda up there.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-02 19:37:02  
Sword is ***, i wouldnt bother with that one.
If you have bard in your sights, do horn. Its such a huge upgrade compared to shield or katana.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-02 19:57:01  
Aeonic lance is second only to Prime for DRG most of the time, Heishi is the best Katana in the game as well trading blows with Aeonic depending on needed skillchain properties and whether you're doing hybrids. Aeneas can often get ***on by Twashtar and Prime but Aeneas is easier to make and sometimes it's still good

You're entering the part of endgame where you should probably make some big decisions and laser focus 2 or 3 jobs above the rest since gear isn't going to be falling into your lap anymore. Everything after Escha is either time gated, Gil gated, or horrific drop rate.
By Hopalong 2024-03-02 21:49:18  
Quote:
Another job I'm sort of working on is Thief.

I've had Thief for a long time. It was, and probably is, always worth keeping it up. In these end days it is especially useful for Omen using Gandring. I've even got Beryllium arrows Thf/rng on Arebati but never used it yet.

Thief has gone way down in my list of priorities though, it didn't survive the end days ffxi apocalypse well as a job to keep on the cutting edge.
By BlackmoreKnight 2024-03-02 22:23:14  
Current endgame being mostly about currency farms, RP farms, or set drop slots instead of RNG drops really wasn't kind to focusing all in on THF, no. A THF isn't going to up your Gallimaufry rate or give your Ody gear more RP. TH is still useful for endgame a tier or two below Sortie and Odyssey, especially in 18-man content where you can get more incidental drops to sell, but outside of W3 the bar to be useful enough is low enough there that going all-in feels unproductive when that effort could be put into jobs that will see far more use in the currently most demanding content. Unless there's some THF-based strategies for high vengeance Ody fights that I'm unaware of, of course. Hard to see what those would be when the job's main points are TH, light enmity redirection, and positional-based DD-ing that's generally outdone by other jobs, even other light DDs.

I sit and try to think where I'd actually use THF if I zeroed in on it and the only things I come up with are things like old HTMBs to speed the grind up, or AoE farming Omen for some gil. Useful, but won't really open any doors to me that aren't already open.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-02 23:25:45  
Went back and beat Alexander on D tonight solo with trusts. Took 22 minutes.

Sacro Gorget as a consolation prize... Still not sure if I'll try to gear up either tank ever though.

C'mon breastplate!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-03 01:17:27  
You're entering the part of endgame where you should probably make some big decisions and laser focus 2 or 3 jobs above the rest since gear isn't going to be falling into your lap anymore. Everything after Escha is either time gated, Gil gated, or horrific drop rate.
I've already slimmed down my list of jobs pretty considerably. So far it's been working out pretty well. My Blue Mage and Corsair are strong enough to make at least a dent in most content, and my Red Mage has been reliable up to certain points. I've been picking up pieces for Paladin along the way, and I'm almost confident to reveal that.

Thief I've just been using for Lilith and Macrocosmic Orbs, maybe the occasional Omen run if I'm really, really bored. It's strong enough to do any of that without fail and reasonably quickly, so I'm putting a pin in that for now.

The linkshell I found is sort of a perfect fit. A lot of people have a lot of jobs geared up, so if anyone really wants to or needs to do something on one job, the rest can usually accommodate. I love being flexible, it's my play-style in not just XI but every game.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-03-03 03:17:56  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

https://i.imgur.com/WwyoHv3.png
This looks fun
It’s been really fun yeah. I absolutely love coming across a random language hating on one letter so it’s like, “holy crap how many points is that worth here????”

Meanwhile German and Castilian are like “here have some more letters! let’s do this”

It’s oddly hard to find people willing to play in Portuguese though. Must be a really small demographic on App
By jubes 2024-03-03 03:33:53  
BlackmoreKnight said: »
Current endgame being mostly about currency farms, RP farms, or set drop slots instead of RNG drops really wasn't kind to focusing all in on THF, no. A THF isn't going to up your Gallimaufry rate or give your Ody gear more RP. TH is still useful for endgame a tier or two below Sortie and Odyssey, especially in 18-man content where you can get more incidental drops to sell, but outside of W3 the bar to be useful enough is low enough there that going all-in feels unproductive when that effort could be put into jobs that will see far more use in the currently most demanding content. Unless there's some THF-based strategies for high vengeance Ody fights that I'm unaware of, of course. Hard to see what those would be when the job's main points are TH, light enmity redirection, and positional-based DD-ing that's generally outdone by other jobs, even other light DDs.

I sit and try to think where I'd actually use THF if I zeroed in on it and the only things I come up with are things like old HTMBs to speed the grind up, or AoE farming Omen for some gil. Useful, but won't really open any doors to me that aren't already open.

this is pretty accurate. THF is a passion job where you play because you love the job not because it's irreplaceable in party play. if you feel strongly about it its great fun to max out like any other, but if you're just looking to broaden your availability to groups it's not that important.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22539 22540 22541 ... 22705 22706 22707