Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22537 22538 22539 ... 22705 22706 22707
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-22 09:24:57  
Schweet live action avatar gave the whole season in one drop.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-22 10:14:10  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm curious how it is. From what I've heard, certain elements (no pun intended) of the show perfectly understand and adhere to the source material, while other elements are the polar opposite. The original creators jumped ship pretty early into production, which was a red flag, yet I also don't want to completely dismiss it if its adapters breathed interesting new life into the story somehow.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-22 10:16:48  
I mean, of course they made it worse. The only one that isn't significantly worse was One Piece that I can think of.

But still going to give it a shot.

So many things are just trashified in 202X, there's always been bad takes but it's going overboard
By Viciouss 2024-02-22 11:00:13  
Reviews are out for FF7 and they are higher than I expected them to be. One more week!
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-02-22 12:58:40  
Viciouss said: »
Reviews are out for FF7 and they are higher than I expected them to be. One more week!
I would expect them to be high. I mean they are remaking one of the best loved FFs with modern graphics, an expanded story, and many parts and sequels.

If they want to sell all those parts and sequels to all those fans they HAVE to do right by it.

And if you read their annual report they NEED to sell all those parts and sequels to old players while hooking new players in numbers odd and even.

TLDR: It has to be good to save Squenix from its board of directors.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-02-22 15:10:15  
It looks the reviews are focusing on everything but the story, which I still think will be pretty shaky as the game goes on. 93 on Metacritic is certainly exceeding my expectations, I was hoping for high 80s.
 Bahamut.Drumskull
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-02-23 00:04:51  
Ofcourse its not final fantasy shiteen, it has rpg elements and a compelling story not a cutscene game.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2024-02-23 07:46:09  
So many things are just trashified in 202X, there's always been bad takes but it's going overboard

I was actively depressed watching it. Meaningful scenes from the show are vastly diminished or outright re-written/wrong to either make them easier to shoot or ??? - don't know the purpose of it.

I don't understand the commentary that they were trying to make it like Game of Thrones, I didn't get that vibe at all.

The characters don't really have any depth, I didn't really care for Iroh despite him being my favorite from the original series, then they somehow made Zuko less likable with no redeeming qualities.
By Afania 2024-02-23 13:02:46  
Asura.Vyre said: »
I find it tough to understand your obsession with being contrarian about this.

I would say I am more on an indifferent side than being contrarian.

Hair, accents etc to me are design choices, there are no right or wrong in design choices, so I seriously don't care if that has changed. To me the new version looks perfectly fine, I don't understand why it is terrible only because it is different.

What matters to me is more on the actual presentation of the story. Is the dialogue well written? Are action scenes intense? Are emotional scenes emotional? How is the pacing of the story? What about the composition of each frames? THAT is what separates a good show from bad imo.

Right now we don't know anything about any of that.

Shichishito said: »
More frames doesn't automatically equate to better animation either.

You are right, what matters in animation is the actual acting, timing, posing etc. The ART side of animation. 3D doesn't make those inherently bad either.

I have to admit I don't enjoy low frame rate in 90s animations. But that isn't the only thing that makes acting bad. I am not convinced the new version is worse atm based on current info though. I still think you people are overly harsh lol.
By Pantafernando 2024-02-23 13:04:56  
Ive been progressively halving the time i need to reach my progress point in each qorld in Palworld.

First play i did in a week to lv45, the second try i made it in 5 days and the third one i did in little over of 2 days.

Still, i havent engaged in endgame because ive been always wanting to improve even further my developmebt.

But now that we are reaching new weekend, im thinking in doing my fourth world, but now focusing in building a player fighting build instead of poke battles.

I kinda was bothered in how much ive been investing for pals but they would never reach peak without the endgame pals traits.

Player builds can maoe with only a couple of regular pals, and supposely have higher potential than pals.

Now that i feel like fully grasping the breeding mechanics, maybe j will get to higher level before monday. And, this time i will finally reach endgame, as i dont need the legendary pals trait for OP setup
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-23 13:14:50  
It looks the reviews are focusing on everything but the story, which I still think will be pretty shaky as the game goes on. 93 on Metacritic is certainly exceeding my expectations, I was hoping for high 80s.

Said it before I'll say it again I expect the story to be a complete mess. Just want good fan service and decent gameplay which based on what we've seen should be happening.
[+]
By Afania 2024-02-23 13:28:35  
93 on Metacritic is certainly exceeding my expectations, I was hoping for high 80s.

Same....It wasn't on my to-play list because I am not a fan of "open world RPG with 100 hr of content and tons of sidequest and mini games" kind of game, which was what they advertised. I am too impatient for that....

I love the waifu interaction from the first but I don't feel I need more of it after I completed the first.

But getting 90+ on metacritic certainly makes it more appealing....

Adding it to my to-play list I guess....* ;(
By Draylo 2024-02-23 20:16:47  
I finally played the demo, it was fun like the first game. I just didn't like how it can be a little jank sometimes but maybe its because its a demo. I also hate the forced walking/crawling/limping segments, no love for speed running I guess. Its why I haven't gotten the platinum in original because takes too long and I have no patience for it anymore lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-23 20:59:45  

If you don't compare it to the cartoon, it ain't bad. The dialogue is kinda eh but everything else. Wardrobe, casting, cgi, fights all great.

Im not a superfan of the original though, I only really like Toph.
By Afania 2024-02-23 21:24:41  
Draylo said: »
. I also hate the forced walking/crawling/limping segments, no love for speed running I guess.

They use forced slow segments to hide the loading screen since it doesn't transition into loading screen between small zones.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-23 21:26:09  
Eh, in this case it's like 10-15 minutes of moving at the speed of smell for "thematic reasons" and it is annoying
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-24 02:06:50  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-02-24 13:49:30  
WARHAMMER DLC IN POWERWASH SIMULATOR

Unleash your power(washing) on cosmic grime with the new Warhammer 40000 DLC coming to PowerWash Simulator on the 27th!

Battle nuns in wet armor contests perhaps?
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-24 20:31:58  

Also began adding some lights to my displays, they look neat I think

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-02-25 10:16:17  
After messing with breeding in Palworld so much, i feel like this is like YuGiOh Forbidden Memories: only a dozen characteristic breeding/fusion and all the other are just an power evaluation system to determine the resulting breed/card.

That means you dont need more than 2 breeds/fusions to go from weak tier to mid-high monster.

Also its characteristic that in this kind of system, there will be a breed that works as a convergence point, because it has mid-high stats enough to allow playera to complete the game with starter deck/pals.

In Yugioh FM it was Twin Header thunder dragon: toss every weak dragon with weak thunder to get a mid thunder dragon. Add another weak dragon to get the THTD, that will crush like 95% of cards on the game.

Similarly to Palworld, breed weak pals till you can get an Anubis, that will carry you in many fronts, like base keeping and fighting.
By Pantafernando 2024-02-25 10:20:08  
One thing it kinda bothers me is when people starts figuring me when i go to grocery or restaurant.

After 3 or 4 times asking the same, the person already starts guessing what i want before i even call.

While its on a good will, it still annoys me that people remembers me.

I prefer being anonymous. Yeah, i dont like to change my options that often, but i still want to order every time even if its the same thing
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-25 14:00:09  
Reddit IPO about to be a massive clusterfuck, I can't wait
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 14:05:42  
"as long as the mods continue to work for free"

inb4 shorting the stock and then calling for a moderator blackout. easiest most obvious money ever
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-25 14:10:32  
If I didn't think Blackrock was going to immediately take control before ppl with a normal tradfi account could get in and buy shares I'd short the *** out of it
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-25 14:20:47  
Sad reality. A billion shares already scripted to be bought and sold the literal first second it opens.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-26 01:09:45  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-02-26 04:16:57  
Did not expect to see a US Air Force guy record himself self-immolate at an embassy as protest today and then survive it, but used to dream in my youth about going out that way for a worthy cause against corruption to change the hearts of people.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22537 22538 22539 ... 22705 22706 22707