Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22350 22351 22352 ... 22580 22581 22582

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-20 15:07:25  
It's because wings makes you go back to the same npc. zone. same npc. wait a day. same npc. zone. same npc. wait a day. same npc. zone. same npc.

Irritating as ***. And the scenes are all long as ***. And all the zones are garbage. Wings is miserable bottom to top.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-20 15:13:25  
Zilart and ToAU aren't bad, they are short enough and don't have a lot of filler content. CoP, Wings, and, especially, Adoulin are just a drag. I personally feel like Adoulin is the worst of all of them given the requirements needed to navigate the zones, fame requirements, and coalition requirements just to progress through the story. There are also several day waits between missions, which is entirely unnecessary and just drags it out further. It really feels like an artifact of an earlier era they haven't bothered to address yet with QoL changes.

Then there are the cutscenes. They are so damn boring. It's like watching CSPAN for hours, then it has to end in that massive long cutscene you can't skip. I know some people dig the story content in the game and I had hoped rolling a new character would find that I appreciate it, but aside from the shorter mission lines, I gave up and just wanted it to end for both those mission lines

As for time gates, Sortie and Omen are frustrating but IMO reasonable given how easy it is to progress within the time window you have. I think Odyssey needs revision though, I feel like it punishes new players too much given the segment requirements to climb, obtain gear, and RP stuff, along with further punishing them by making it hard to find help from 5 other people willing to spend segments to do it. The content is hard enough as is, they should make it more accessible to participate in IMO. The way it is now is just punishing new players, people who have been participating since the start have enough segments for it to not matter.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-20 15:51:55  
I heard even Draylo hated WOTG

:O
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-01-20 16:15:19  
WotG is so much worse without HP/SG warps though.
By Draylo 2023-01-20 16:20:43  
Nope I actually enjoyed it a lot. The story was really neat and introduced some of the coolest looking characters. I think it does suck to redo it for mules due to all the running around but I find CoP 100x worse than WOTG to redo. Also the cutescenes in WOTG are incredible, you can really tell they put a ton of effort behind those... sad when you compare them to Adoulin and we are constantly shown pictures to depict the past... lame budget cuts...
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-20 16:49:33  
I agree. I think Wings of the Goddess is great... once. I honestly can't imagine going through it multiple times.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-20 17:13:14  
It's tolerable once. Not great, not even good. Merely tolerable.

The story is ok, the doing it is not.

That dumbass attach the shadow bug mini game. The whole beau/xarc section just ugh.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-20 17:40:33  
idk i've done it a billion times already I just dont see why its so bad honestly. I despise CoP a lot more, its way worse than WOTG. The travel time in WOTG was cut down by a lot over the years with all the warps and the RoV warp they did and mounts.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-20 17:53:52  
It's just the amount of filler. Every ZM is a fight, every cop is a fight, there's like 40 minutes between action in wotg.

It's the same for toau but there's less triviality. And 2 or 3 game day waits, wotg is like 8
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-20 18:03:01  
I think a lot of us miss the style of expansions seen early vs moving storyline to a level of difficulty designed around ensuring all can complete the narrative. Long gone are the days of "CoP 6:4 {Do You Need It?} shouts and the like, because the content isn't made to be battle-wise challenging any more. Its all storyline-based fights that are trivial, fetch quests, and cutscenes.

I get why SE made the change, but it does take a lot of the excitement about new storylines away in my book.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-20 18:08:57  
I still think it would be neat if you could, by choice, impose original level caps for some of those fights. While it's awesome that they let you do the fights over at level 99 in the form of HTBFs, it's not quite the same as experiencing it during the mission itself.

It helps give a bit of extra weight to the story when a powerful boss actually feels powerful.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-20 18:09:35  
As they were released they were pretty decent challenge. I remember quite a few WOTG and TOAU fights that a lot of people kept failing. "When wills Collide" was one I remember mostly.

If anything they did make Cloud of Darkness pretty challenging for most returning players and that's fairly recent. Missions were always trivial in reality, it was always the post story fights that mattered. Nostalgia goggles... CoP wasn't that hard with a good group, especially post nerfs. Mostly a lack of game knowledge around that time and forced level caps.

They were talking about repeat missions for different characters, they are all a chore and CoP is one of the worst imo. I do think they should let us level cap ourselves if we want to, although that would only work up to around end of WOTG.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-20 18:28:51  
Every time someone mentions how hard Cloud of Darkness is, it makes me really proud that I beat it solo with only 4 Trusts at item level 117 and no job levels >:3
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-01-20 19:19:50  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I still think it would be neat if you could, by choice, impose original level caps for some of those fights. While it's awesome that they let you do the fights over at level 99 in the form of HTBFs, it's not quite the same as experiencing it during the mission itself.
This is a feature XIV has. Indeed we can make it even tougher.

You have the option to go in level synched. If that's too easy (cough ... power creep ...) we can go minimum iL no echo. (Echo is a if you wipe you get stronger mechanic.)

People regularity do this for the challenge. I am not one of them.

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Cloud of Darkness
We have this in XIV too, its after my XI time I think.
By Draylo 2023-01-20 19:22:21  
How could you not finish ROV? The game been free so many times, try it!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-20 19:53:06  
Draylo said: »
How could you not finish ROV? The game been free so many times, try it!
I think she's said in the past that PlayOnline (aka: the game's second boss fight) keeps getting in the way.

But, yeah. Rhapsodies is a solid story with cool cutscenes and stuff, especially in its third act. The ending got me a bit emotional, and then the credits took advantage of my emotional vulnerability and made me ugly cry.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-21 00:18:31  
Story in FFXI is something where I always got the broad strokes of what was going on, but was also always in a rush to get the sweet rewards/prestige for being one of the few to complete said stories.

Which honestly was the wrong way to engage with story based content, but hey, I was young and it was a lot of reading.

Now that I'm doing my LP and carefully reading everything out loud(and struggling with those French *** Elvaan names), I'm enjoying all of its stories way more. Even the small ones.

You'll always enjoy an aspect like story more if that's what you're there for. If it's just another road block to whatever your real objective is, then you're gonna disdain it regardless and likely not pay real attention to it.

And that's how we get ex-FFXI vets on the FFXIV OF saying stuff like, "The main character in FFXI never gets any credit for their actions within the story!" *eyeroll*
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-21 03:40:59  
Seeing a lot of praise for the art style and color choices for Fire Emblem Engage...

I think it's a really awful anime style. Pretty much compared to every prior entry. I'd take the dang portraits from FE1 on the Famicom over Engage's character models.

Gameplay and QoL for it looks great, but maaaan. Why Fire Emblem? Why did you have to forsake the tone and art style from Tellius? T_T
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-21 04:02:52  
I'd like to meet the *** praising Colgate Corrin
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-21 04:25:47  
Aquafresh Azdaja
By Thunderjet 2023-01-21 05:05:06  
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2023-01-21 05:57:55  
Im not sure what with this long nosed dogs trend is.
By Pantafernando 2023-01-21 05:58:31  
Gonna show those *** tiktok kids whats really long.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-01-21 05:58:42  
Mwahahahaha
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-21 08:53:44  
Pantafernando said: »
i dont know it was trending my youtube page and i got addicted
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-01-21 09:24:24  
Thunderjet said: »
Pantafernando said: »
i dont know it was trending my youtube page and i got addicted
/comfort
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-21 12:13:02  
I've been having a hell of a time finding a computer mouse. I don't want anything fancy, but I do want something specific: five buttons and wired. Those are the only two caveats.

But whether I'm looking online or in a store, all I can find are either wireless mice or the kinds that cost like $500 because they have over a dozen buttons and customize exactly to your liking. I don't even care if the mouse is ergonomic or whatever, I just want a mouse.

When I did finally find something that fit those two requirements, it required me to spend $100 in import fees from China and would take 3 months to get here. Why is this so hard?!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-21 12:27:08  
Should take you all of 13 seconds to use our lord and savior amazon, no?

6 button (2 click, scroll, foward, backward, dpi cycle) $10
https://www.amazon.com/TECKNET-Computer-Adjustable-6-Button-Ergonomic/dp/B08QZBY6Z2/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=5%2Bbutton%2Bmouse&qid=1674325768&refinements=p_n_feature_six_browse-bin%3A21162156011&rnid=21162153011&s=pc&sr=1-14&th=1

5 Button microsoft branded office mouse $15
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Comfort-Mouse-4500-Business/dp/B005058B4W/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=5%2Bbutton%2Bmouse&qid=1674325860&refinements=p_n_feature_six_browse-bin%3A21162156011&rnid=21162153011&s=pc&sr=1-4&th=1

Razer deathadders for $19
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22350 22351 22352 ... 22580 22581 22582