Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22271 22272 22273 ... 22567 22568 22569
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-09-15 01:28:11  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
I just thought of a fun question to ask and it really might be able to be a unique topic, but I'll just post the question here.

What is a video game series that you always wanted to get into or a specific game you always wanted to play but never got around to?

For me, I've always wished I could get into the Fire Emblem series. I played through most of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade campaign on a GBA emulator, but never really messed with any of the others and I've always wanted to.

How about you?

Specific game: FFXII - I've read its entire plot. The characters are all visually appealing. I don't think I'd have a problem with the combat, but I just haven't brought myself to get a copy or try and emulate the PS2 era edition. Not sure why I can't bring myself to give a go.

Series - Growlanser. One time my brother brought home a Growlanser collection, and we played through I think... Growlanser 2? Not sure. But it's this strategy RPG series where the characters wield rings that transform into weapons. It's very anime styled. That playthrough with my brother got me interested in the series, but I've never even looked up cost/roms etc.
[+]
By kishr 2022-09-15 01:36:22  
FF12 is my favorite.
Get zodiac age version if you end up playing it, can get it on Steam.
There's a huge mod community for it also that makes replaying it entertaining.
Has a great story, music, battle system, lv up system, and hunts to do for end game.
Highly suggest giving it a wack.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-09-15 01:58:45  
I just thought of a fun question to ask and it really might be able to be a unique topic, but I'll just post the question here.

What is a video game series that you always wanted to get into or a specific game you always wanted to play but never got around to?

For me, I've always wished I could get into the Fire Emblem series. I played through most of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade campaign on a GBA emulator, but never really messed with any of the others and I've always wanted to.

How about you?

Fighting games in general, The King of Fighters in particular.

Once i even bought an arcade controller to simulate the original arcade experience and said that i would play KoF since the beginning.

So, i installed the emulator, downloaded KoF94 and started.

I spent like 1 month and never ever beat the last boss. I know the game is a damn fricking cheating machine built to eat your coins, still, even after one month i just hadnt the agility in my fingers to perform a little over the basic combo. My “fighting style” wasnt more than spamming “magic” at long distance or the trivial combo of flying kick with a follow up of low kick.

I always wanted to play like my friend, who was proficient in playing with grapplers, but damn… i just cant even begin inputting extensive sequence of commands in short range so fast that i wont be attacked. Even more doing grapplers combos like Clark does.

Long story short, after a month with no progress at all, no perceptible evolution, no last boss win, i just gave up. Possibly i would never try again. Im basically assuming i have no physical aptitude to play fighting game.
By Pantafernando 2022-09-15 02:17:34  
Everytime i find myself involved with something i basically have no idea, i run to Udemy to buy a course to learn the basics.

Then I dont have any time to learn, soon im involved with another thing i have no clue, rinse and repeat.

Its a destructive cycle where i really get to nowhere, im always pressed and wasting money.

We cant just buy time with money or course, thats the point.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-15 04:36:55  
Asura.Vyre said: »

How about you?

Specific game: FFXII - I've read its entire plot. The characters are all visually appealing. I don't think I'd have a problem with the combat, but I just haven't brought myself to get a copy or try and emulate the PS2 era edition. Not sure why I can't bring myself to give a go.

Series - Growlanser. One time my brother brought home a Growlanser collection, and we played through I think... Growlanser 2? Not sure. But it's this strategy RPG series where the characters wield rings that transform into weapons. It's very anime styled. That playthrough with my brother got me interested in the series, but I've never even looked up cost/roms etc.

Growlanser II and III (Generations) Really Fun. Short, a ton of replay value (different endings). Main Characters have Apocalypse in II and A huge GS in III. And they're voice acted. (cheesy as hell)

Get Hans one of the infinite range gems and he'll solo the whole game lol. (Endgame gem) If you don't want it to be waaaaaay to easy don't do that.
[+]
By Afania 2022-09-15 04:53:05  

This list is gonna be long....

Divinity original sin 2, everyone says how good it is, on my backlog since forever, never start.....

Other CD Projekt games like Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077....

FF7 remake....

Ys8....

Some indie games with rougelike/strategy element like Faster than light, Into the breach, Griftlands, This war of mine....

Another dozen of games that I brought in the past but never start...

I need to take a break from FF11 and finish my backlogs...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-09-15 06:53:43  
diablo... any of them. something about the top down camera and the gameplay makes me think of old arcade rpgs.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-15 07:52:32  
I always thought I'd like games from the "Tales of" series, but I've never so much as touched one.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-09-15 10:19:52  
Arrived fast! What are some good protective cases for this?

[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-15 10:36:50  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I always thought I'd like games from the "Tales of" series, but I've never so much as touched one.

I have kept myself spoiler free from Tales of Phantasia because for years, I have made several attempts at starting, but I never complete it. I think I may just play the SNES version on an emulator with HP cheats and speed toggle just to see the story. It would probably be more likely to happen than me to complete a PSX version 100% (which is how I normally try to play it and then never complete).

I have never even looked at another Tales series game and I'm pretty sure there are over a dozen at this point.

The only other Tails game I've played is from the Sonic series.
Draylo said: »

Now I want a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-15 10:43:38  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just waiting for them to go balls deep in the nfts (which are already over lol?) and just give up, boomers perpetually making bad decisions.
Obviously Sony has bought off SE employees or planted people inside the company in top positions to shoot themselves (SE) in the foot to lower their market value when Sony buys them up.
Square-Enix is open to joint ventures or taking a minority stake in its own studios.
Matsuda: "...we want to additionally adopt other approaches such as forming joint ventures and taking minority stakes so that we will be able to hedge our investment risk, thereby controlling our volatility and achieving both growth and the optimal balance sheet profile."

Wow, you guys were right on the money with that one.

EDIT:
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-15 10:47:46  
I have kept myself spoiler free from Tales of Phantasia because for years, I have made several attempts at starting, but I never complete it. I think I may just play the SNES version on an emulator with HP cheats and speed toggle just to see the story. It would probably be more likely to happen than me to complete a PSX version 100% (which is how I normally try to play it and then never complete).
I just don't know anyone who plays them or talks about them. No one's ever come up to me with the old "Check this game out! You gotta play it!" And it just so happened to not be one of the random games I'd get or rent back in the day.

Now with the backlog I've already got, adding a JRPG to the list seems like the dumbest thing I could ever do. I don't think any game could hold my attention for 200+ hours anymore.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-15 11:16:21  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I don't think any game could hold my attention for 200+ hours anymore.
Also Jessie (and most of us still playing) with their playtime on FFXI:

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-15 11:31:39  

The one it comes with is already good. If you want to protect from scuffs just get a dbrand skin. Can also get any random tempered glass screen protector on Amazon though if you have the 512gb big boy you'll want a matte screen protector so you don't loss the etched glass benefits.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-15 16:27:23  
Blep.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2022-09-15 21:36:07  

Too soon?
[+]
By Draylo 2022-09-15 23:04:39  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

The one it comes with is already good. If you want to protect from scuffs just get a dbrand skin. Can also get any random tempered glass screen protector on Amazon though if you have the 512gb big boy you'll want a matte screen protector so you don't loss the etched glass benefits.

Ah I've used Dbrand before, I'll look into them. Yeah I got the biggest one, I like it so far
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-15 23:09:20  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

Too soon?

You know, Corgis are just about the same size as the Ghostbuster traps....
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-16 02:15:35  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Too soon?

Never.

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-16 04:39:24  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Flying Nikka, the first personally-owned foiling monohull to race against 'traditional' yachts in competition, and its not even close.

This was the equivalent of bringing an F1 racer to the Kentucky Derby....yikes. Clearly defined classes are going to have to result at some point, or non-foiling sailboats are going to go the way of the dodo in terms of international competition.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-16 10:00:43  
A certain group of vocal people on Twitter are going to be really upset in a new way if they ever play Secret of Mana. You thought they were mad about the new little mermaid. Wait until they see this:
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-16 10:51:30  
A certain group of vocal people on Twitter are going to be really upset in a new way if they ever play Secret of Mana. You thought they were mad about the new little mermaid. Wait until they see this:
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-16 14:37:33  
Wow. Normally, it's Matt Groening's other show that predicts things that end up happening.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-16 14:40:30  
EVGA announced that they're leaving the GPU market. RIP.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-16 14:42:45  
All the other AIB should bail too. Founders cards completely undercut them.

And they look significantly better, douchey rgb can eat it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-16 14:43:12  
Wow. Normally, it's Matt Groening's other show that predicts things that end up happening.
Disenchantment? (Kappa)
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-16 15:08:51  
I didn't even know that show was a thing.

Point, Jessie.

First time I've laughed out loud (and not just typed lol at something) in a minute at the lines that went something like:
"Everyone needs to figure out who they are."
"Whew. I'm a good butcher."
"This is a pet shop."

Thank you for introducing me to something I probably could have lived my life and missed. Bonus that it's up to like 4 seasons and renewed for 2 more according to my quick google action. Binge weekend here we go!

I helped a random person from Linkshell today with finding the Cast Metal Plate ??? in Halvung just like an hour and a half ago and they said that I looked like a fairy tale princess so maybe it was fate that I watch fairy tale cartoons this weekend.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-16 15:40:10  
Thank you for introducing me to something I probably could have lived my life and missed. Bonus that it's up to like 4 seasons and renewed for 2 more according to my quick google action. Binge weekend here we go!
It has more continuity than Futurama (which itself has more continuity than The Simpsons), which I think puts a few people off. But I dunno, I like it.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-16 16:16:35  
https://diofieldchronicle.square-enix-games.com/en-us/#buy-now

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-16 16:30:16  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
All the other AIB should bail too. Founders cards completely undercut them.

And they look significantly better, douchey rgb can eat it.

This is an extremely stupid take and would be catastrophic for the consumer. EVGA was the best in the industry for both customer experience and customer service and nvidia is among the worst for both individual and enterprise. A completely one lane market, ignoring issues like logistics, would be horrible for everyone besides nvidia.
First Page 2 3 ... 22271 22272 22273 ... 22567 22568 22569