Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22214 22215 22216 ... 22586 22587 22588
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-05-10 00:03:09  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
That image reminded me of the HUD that Twitch streamer Dougdoug used for a Mario Odyssey "speedrun"
I don't even get it. What the heck lol

Did he just obscure the entire event as a joke so it'd look like he ran through the whole game without actually needing to do anything?

If I remember correctly, the premise was to introduce the HUD from a randomly selected game every five minutes. Most of the stream was just him taking the time to photoshop each piece in. By the time he won, it looked like that. Some of the ones in the center were semi-transparent, but it was still really hard to tell what was going on and he barely won.
By Draylo 2022-05-10 00:34:41  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Draylo said: »
paint job doesnt look as good as the others unless this is just the first draft, but then again levi is one of my favorites so maybe i'm bias'd

Second ver of it so far, had her touch some details with the orange fish like color and lengthened the wings but otherwise i think it looks pretty close. What would you change?

First

Second
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-05-10 00:55:37  
i think the contrast between the dark and lighter colors could be played up a bit more. the biggest thing to me is it feels like it needs more texture. could be the picture though?
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-10 01:29:06  
Usually they are different and better in person, those are shots they take so maybe its lighting. These were smaller in scale to fit my display so maybe the size.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-10 03:10:23  
Dang...

almost one kg increased after moms day lunch plus some exhageration yesterday.

That should be about two weeks to recover the gain/loss. Maybe less if I can control better my meal weight.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-10 08:01:54  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i haven't received my invitation...

if they don't like it they can get a diff dm? you're supposed to have fun too.
I'm only doing these in person right now because there's a lot to teach and only one teacher. Everything is different.

And I don't think they'd actually hate it, but they're probably looking for clues for my twists now lol

Draylo said: »
Usually they are different and better in person, those are shots they take so maybe its lighting. These were smaller in scale to fit my display so maybe the size.
Makes sense. In-game, these avatars emit their own light and have a variety of textures. Even the amount of light reflecting from him is going to be different because he's supposed to be a sea serpent (slimy) but that's a statue (rough).

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
If I remember correctly, the premise was to introduce the HUD from a randomly selected game every five minutes. Most of the stream was just him taking the time to photoshop each piece in. By the time he won, it looked like that. Some of the ones in the center were semi-transparent, but it was still really hard to tell what was going on and he barely won.
In that case, that's actually pretty impressive. I admire that level of dedication.

Pantafernando said: »
Dang...

almost one kg increased after moms day lunch plus some exhageration yesterday.

That should be about two weeks to recover the gain/loss. Maybe less if I can control better my meal weight.
Make sure to get your fibre in when you have a big meal like that. You might even just be bloated. A whole kilogram seems like a lot for one meal.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-10 08:35:01  
That reminded me about Shishichitos dog complain
By Pantafernando 2022-05-10 09:13:48  
Im not sure why word is complaining about me writing in passive voice.

Is that frowned upon?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-10 09:32:22  

Is that frowned upon?
Passive voice is less efficient. Though I can't say I remember Word ever pointing that out for me. I know in school I used to use it a lot because it helps get those word counts higher and has an air of flourish around it.

Typically the fewer words it takes to get an idea across, the better. Though I've also learned there's a happy medium because using extreme efficiency can make one sound like a robot lol...
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-10 09:35:30  

Is that frowned upon?

I can no longer keep track of which rules of the English Language we are choosing to follow or not. I'd imagine most of us are in our late 30s to 40s and still had secondary school experiences where teaching against using Passive Voice in writing was the standard. But in a world where more people can't figure out which there/their/they're or to/too/two to use, I've given up hoping even for proper Oxford Comma usage, let alone proper other things.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-05-10 09:36:01  
Spouse going through the GBF x XI crossover event now. This achievement title, lol

But holy crap, the event looks great @.@ I'm impressed at all the lore dumps and music selection. Never thought I'd see so many XI characters getting voiced.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-10 09:40:06  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I can no longer keep track of which rules of the English Language we are choosing to follow or not. I'd imagine most of us are in our late 30s to 40s and still had secondary school experiences where teaching against using Passive Voice in writing was the standard. But in a world where more people can't figure out which there/their/they're or to/too/two to use, I've given up hoping even for proper Oxford Comma usage, let alone proper other things.
Perfectly following English grammar always looks and sound really conceited. The rules change all the time anyway, and no one's going to get everything right. Even if you're OK with sounding like an ***, you're still not going to be perfect.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-10 09:45:24  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Spouse going through the GBF x XI crossover event now. This achievement title, lol

But holy crap, the event looks great @.@ I'm impressed at all the lore dumps and music selection. Never thought I'd see so many XI characters getting voiced.
haha that's awesome. One of the game's most distinguished titles! I love that though. Just skimmed through some stuff on YouTube and you're right about the music and voices. I'm thoroughly impressed
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-05-10 10:13:58  

haha that's awesome. One of the game's most distinguished titles! I love that though. Just skimmed through some stuff on YouTube and you're right about the music and voices. I'm thoroughly impressed

I would suggest taking the time to read through the dialogue when you get time. Yes, it's very visual novel but I am appreciating how much this event ties back into a lot of lore bits in XI. Everything I've seen so far makes sense and feels correct with established XI mythos. I would not be surprised if this event can be shown as being cannonical within the XI universe.

I'll reserve complete judgement until I've seen the whole thing though but I love it thus far.
By Josiahafk 2022-05-10 12:04:10  

Is that frowned upon?
Passive style is considered weak writing and should only be used if writing fiction about a character using passive communication etc

If it’s an academic or any sort of business venture, best to avoid.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-05-10 12:20:07  

Reminds me the KI reward description of the 10k moat carp challenge.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-05-10 16:27:01  
Perfectly following English grammar always looks and sound really conceited. The rules change all the time ...
Like this one:

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Oxford Comma

Josiahafk said: »
Passive style is considered weak writing and should only be used if writing fiction about a character using passive communication etc
Politicians do it ALL the time. Its a way of acknowledging that something happened while squirming out of responsibility.

Ronald Regan said:
Mistakes were made.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-10 16:43:33  
Alright comicbook nerds, explain something about the multiverse of madness.
By Josiahafk 2022-05-10 18:21:59  
Yeah as soon as we walked out of the theatre that was my biggest gripe too
By Homsar 2022-05-10 18:30:33  
Got the same item two days in a row from Gobbie Mystery Box. The odds on that have to be astronomically tiny, right?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-10 18:36:16  
Something like 1/225,000,000

15000 possible items is a fair guess, yeah? 15k*15k
By Pantafernando 2022-05-10 19:08:08  
If its junk, the odds should be quite high
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-10 19:46:23  
Homsar said: »
Got the same item two days in a row from Gobbie Mystery Box. The odds on that have to be astronomically tiny, right?
I feel as though that's happened to me multiple times. It's probably not as random as we think. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've gotten Scrolls of Absorb-STR at least 3 or 4 times now lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-05-10 20:40:33  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Ronald Regan said:
Mistakes were made.

can't believe you'd just lie like this. reagan NEVER said this. typical lefty... it was someone doing a reagan impression over the speakers while he stood in front of a muted microphone eating jelly beans just like all his public appearances after 1983. fact check that you fake newsie

also i only wanna see the doctor strange movie to see
but it seems even that is lackluster cause i've seen no one mention it.
By Josiahafk 2022-05-10 20:47:33  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Ronald Regan said:
Mistakes were made.

can't believe you'd just lie like this. reagan NEVER said this. typical lefty... it was someone doing a reagan impression over the speakers while he stood in front of a muted microphone eating jelly beans just like all his public appearances after 1983. fact check that you fake newsie

also i only wanna see the doctor strange movie to see
but it seems even that is lackluster cause i've seen no one mention it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-05-10 20:52:49  
Homsar said: »
I feel as though that's happened to me multiple times. It's probably not as random as we think. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've gotten Scrolls of Absorb-STR at least 3 or 4 times now lol

When I played the game more, I would occasionally keep track of the rates of "random" events in an Excel sheet. I noticed some occasional oddities in the result. One of the things I tracked (linen coin purse amounts) gave me results that could be considered statistically impossible under the assumption that it gave a random number between 50 and 99.

Basically what I'm trying to point out is that some really weird things happen in the game and we don't know if they're unlikely or not because we may be viewing them under false assumptions of true randomness. I'd really like to get my hands on some source code....
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-10 20:59:47  
while he stood in front of a muted microphone eating jelly beans just like all his public appearances after 1983
I wasn't sure where you were going with the response, but this made me legitimately laugh out loud xD
By Viciouss 2022-05-10 21:05:31  
So, Dr. Strange 2 happened.
First Page 2 3 ... 22214 22215 22216 ... 22586 22587 22588