Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22025 22026 22027 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-06 09:04:38  
alzeerffxi said: »
4-5 days until VGA
Chrono cross upscaled STILL LOOKS beautiful
YouTube Video Placeholder

I've played that through dozens of times and never seen about 80% of the techs lol.

I always say I'll use different characters but never happens. Usually I like to at least check them out (all limit breaks, all spells, all special moves etc), something about cc though I never manage to do it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-06 09:23:02  
I did a few more of those AI pieces. Windurst turned out really well.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-12-06 09:25:06  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Well, they terk 'er races. They terk 'er models. They terk 'er jerbs. I guess they can terk 'er zones and terk 'er events.
XIV "jerbs" are nothing like XI "jerbs" of the same name.

llAKs0nll said: »
Just learned today that FFXIV even has Trusts. I had no idea. I thought I was showing someone I know who has been playing 14 since launch something NEW via FFXI vid I shared.
They don't work like XI trusts. Only useful in dungeons. Then again XIV's open world combat is nothing like XI's.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-12-06 09:48:34  
Chanti speaks the truth.

While FFXIV can be a fun game to play, the jobs do not "feel" like their actual jobs in comparison to XI. If I play a Red Mage in XI, I'm a master enfeebler. In XIV, it just feels like a Blm with Rdm aesthetics. When I play a Blue Mage, learning enemy skills go together. In XIV, it's like they're just tossed together, which goes along with it only being a limited job. When I play a tank, they all feel the same but different aesthetics.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-12-06 10:04:42  
Mattelot said: »
Chanti speaks the truth.

But we are not ready for the truth.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-06 10:09:59  
In XIV, it just feels like a Blm with Rdm aesthetics.
I've gotta admit, though. As much as I dislike FFXIV, they absolutely killed it with the Red Mage aesthetic. The fencing stance and rogueish animations are spot-on.

Because FFXI allows for so much customization, I'm not sure we could have such a thing even a remaster. With Red Mages being allowed to use non-rapier swords, and other weapons such as daggers and staves depending on the scenario. If I had to choose, without question I would prefer XI's current level of customization.
By Mattelot 2021-12-06 10:53:07  
The aesthetics are nice and flashy but still, if you're wearing random hodge podge gear, you "feel" like just another mage. That's one thing XI did get right. Jobs didn't feel like a copy/paste/new coat of paint.

The homogenize more and more each expansion. I see plenty of very cool things in each expansion but I also see the jobs becoming less and less "unique". I do get it that it helps to minimize certain jobs being rarely played but at the cost of fun, it's a little disappointing.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-06 11:14:20  
I don't disagree with you. I was merely speaking from an aesthetic point of view, as opposed to a game feel point of view. Overall, I could argue both games are at about the same level for the aesthetics they craft for each job. Red Mage being an outlier, at least in my opinion.

The game feel is a different story. Most of the crowd who likes XI and dislikes XIV will say that their reasoning is exactly as you described.

With that said, there are people here who like XIV, so I think it's important to phrase things subjectively. In an effort to avoid pages-long arguments, it's best to avoid describing our opinions as facts.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-06 11:30:48  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
With that said, there are people here who like XIV, so I think it's important to phrase things subjectively. In an effort to avoid pages-long arguments, it's best to avoid describing our opinions as facts.

Thanks!
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-06 11:32:11  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Just learned today that FFXIV even has Trusts. I had no idea. I thought I was showing someone I know who has been playing 14 since launch something NEW via FFXI vid I shared.
They don't work like XI trusts. Only useful in dungeons. Then again XIV's open world combat is nothing like XI's.
Can you summon Trusts outside of que Dungeons while traversing the World Maps outside of Towns? The person I showed FFXI Trusts played FFXI back in 2002 when I started up until someone hacked their Account & stole their Character. SE claimed his DoB didn’t match what was on file so he couldn’t reclaim his Account and ditched 11 for 14 so I don’t think he seriously grasps the concept of Trusts in 11 vs 14 Trusts. He knows about as much about 11 as I do 14
Chanti speaks the truth.

While FFXIV can be a fun game to play, the jobs do not "feel" like their actual jobs in comparison to XI. If I play a Red Mage in XI, I'm a master enfeebler. In XIV, it just feels like a Blm with Rdm aesthetics. When I play a Blue Mage, learning enemy skills go together. In XIV, it's like they're just tossed together, which goes along with it only being a limited job. When I play a tank, they all feel the same but different aesthetics.
I know NIN too is now more in line w/ THF in 11. That’s all I play in 11 is RDM NIN BLM SCH so I can’t get into 14 at all whatsoever.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-12-06 11:53:00  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Can you summon Trusts outside of que Dungeons while traversing the World Maps outside of Towns? The person I showed FFXI Trusts played FFXI back in 2002 when I started up until someone hacked their Account & stole their Character. SE claimed his DoB didn’t match what was on file so he couldn’t reclaim his Account and ditched 11 for 14 so I don’t think he seriously grasps the concept of Trusts in 11 vs 14 Trusts. He knows about as much about 11 as I do 14.

Trusts cannot be summoned outside of a dungeon. The only real things XI and XIV share in terms of Trusts is the name and the fact both are NPC AIs that play an archtype.

Trusts are best described in FFXIV as a few NPCs you can select to help you traverse the 4-man dungeons in the game as both a means for story telling and also as a means to help people avoid queues (especially true as a DPS). They are also helpful in XIV in the sense that if you want to see a dungeon before join actual players, they will allow you the traverse that dungeon. The NPCs are programmed (mostly) to handle mechanics on their own so there is merit in going in "Solo" and watching what the NPCs do in response to mechanics so you know how they are supposed to be handled afterwards.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-06 12:00:43  
I know NIN too is now more in line w/ THF in 11. That’s all I play in 11 is RDM NIN BLM SCH so I can’t get into 14 at all whatsoever.
I was pretty disappointed to find out that Thief was a precursor "class" and not a real job in XIV. And that neither it nor its evolution Ninja had any of the supportive elements like enmity control or the ability to rip buffs off of foes.

FFXIV does the common MMORPG "Holy Trinity" well enough, but I love how messy and unbalanced FFXI handles its jobs. It's fascinating to me that you can take a job as simple as Warrior, and, depending on how you're geared up, take it in as a beefy damage-dealer that can protect its allies in a pinch, or as a tank that holds hate purely by its ridiculous damage output. I love how every job in FFXI has really obvious weaknesses that can only be solved by adding teammates with complementary jobs and loadouts.

My favourite jobs in XI are the ones that blur the line between the Common Trinity.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-06 12:05:26  
Yeah I had look into such out of curiosity scanning YouTube.

2:08 - Only to end up seeing the same Pet from Monster Hunter w/ matching outfit. @_@
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-06 12:09:06  
And that neither it nor its evolution Ninja had any of the supportive elements like enmity control or the ability to rip buffs off of foes.

Actually, it used to. NIN used to have abilities called Shadewalker and Smoke Bomb that were able to manipulate the NIN and party members' enmity. They were removed in Shadowbringers when they dumbed down the enmity system (which I am still spiteful about, as a tank main).

XIV's jobs used to have a lot more depth and options to them, especially in Heavensward and early Stormblood, but people complained that it was too hard to play the game so they have progressively dumbed everything down to the state that it is in today.

I will say that I heavily disagree with the notion that jobs like RDM and BLM play whatsoever similarly but I am not interested in getting into it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-12-06 12:10:44  
Yeah I had look into such out of curiosity scanning YouTube.

2:08 - Only to end up seeing the same Pet from Monster Hunter w/ matching outfit. @_@

Yeah, FFXIV did have a Monster Hunter crossover at one point, lol. It's also why Behemoth is a monster you can hunt in Monster Hunter: World.

One more thing to add to trusts, typically going with Trusts is slower than going with players - which is generally true in XI too until you can get some truly awful players, lol.

The final boss in the Shadowbringers second dungeon actually has a "DPS check" in the sense that if you don't kill the boss fast enough, he actually runs out of steam and becomes a punching bag for you to kill, lol.

The trusts never kill slow enough to get to that point so the only reason people found out is when they were in a party with some absolutely atrocious players who couldn't make the DPS check.

[edit]

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
They were removed in Shadowbringers when they dumbed down the enmity system (which I am still spiteful about, as a tank main).

I miss when VIT melded STR accessories were meta.
By Mattelot 2021-12-06 12:26:06  

You mean with keywords like "I see" or "I feel"? :)

There are always "those guys" who are going to argue just to argue. Or there are those clowns who you disagreed with in one thread, so they make it a point to start in with you on random stuff in another thread as if they are incapable of letting things go. I've moderated forums for nearly 30 years. I've seen it all.
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Trusts cannot be summoned outside of a dungeon. The only real things XI and XIV share in terms of Trusts is the name and the fact both are NPC AIs that play an archtype.

Trusts are best described in FFXIV as a few NPCs you can select to help you traverse the 4-man dungeons in the game as both a means for story telling and also as a means to help people avoid queues (especially true as a DPS). They are also helpful in XIV in the sense that if you want to see a dungeon before join actual players, they will allow you the traverse that dungeon. The NPCs are programmed (mostly) to handle mechanics on their own so there is merit in going in "Solo" and watching what the NPCs do in response to mechanics so you know how they are supposed to be handled afterwards.

This and sadly. While it's not perfect, I do greatly appreciate that it's an option for those people who do try to avoid random dungeons as much as they can. Considering the demeanor people have in the XIV subreddit, I do not blame them in the least. Or those who simply prefer to do things alone. I know for me, it was nice as I was potty training a puppy and of course, nobody likes "be back in a few min" when everyone normally is "GO GO GO!!!"
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-06 12:29:15  
I recall when I played XIV just admiring the level of attention to detail in the Character and Scenery Graphics. When I returned recently to XI after quitting for 5 years I went ALL IN following NextGames YouTube channel Guide for modding XI and now I’m running full-time AshenbubsHD-Prime @60fps admiring the visuals like I once did when I played XIV many many years ago. Allocated more VRAM thx to support here from others & mind blown.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-06 12:32:08  
I recall when I played XIV just admiring the level of attention to detail in the Character and Scenery Graphics. When I returned recently to XI after quitting for 5 years I went ALL IN following NextGames YouTube channel Guide for modding XI and now I’m running full-time AshenbubsHD-Prime @60fps admiring the visuals like I once did when I played XIV many many years ago. Allocated more VRAM thx to support here from others & mind blown.

I just wish there were more of those mods that enhanced bigger zone textures. Some of the floors and walls really stand out as super low res and nasty when you're running Ashenbubs and it annoys me. Not as many people out there willing to tackle such a big pet project for this game though.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-06 12:38:33  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

I just wish there were more of those mods that enhanced bigger zone textures. Some of the floors and walls really stand out as super low res and nasty when you're running Ashenbubs and it annoys me. Not as many people out there willing to tackle such a big pet project for this game though.
Through all my searching trying to get the most out of XI I noticed XIV player base also Mods FFXIV. That’s always been the greatest memory for me after abandoning FFXI was the community here on FFXIAH itself creating Hax that made XI infinitely better than what I experienced on XB360.

Best favor SE ever did for me was deleting Console support forcing me to attempt to play XI on a potato laptop. Now that I have returned w/ an actual overpowered Gaming Rig I want the best experience imaginable in FFXI via Hax.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-12-06 12:47:52  

poop on XIV time'o'clock ?

them queue times. am i rite.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-12-06 12:49:25  
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-06 13:09:17  
You mean with keywords like "I see" or "I feel"? :)
Both the English language and people on the internet are fickle. There's a huge difference between "FFXIV sucks" and "I don't like FFXIV".
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-12-06 13:44:08  
i did the weapon trial today after 2 hrs and pefecting the fight i dcd at 20% and went back to a 7000 queue i took a nap woke up seems like i dc'd and queue 7000 again
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-06 15:37:08  
I had a bit more fun with the Wombo artist.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-12-06 16:05:52  
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »

poop on XIV time'o'clock ?

them queue times. am i rite.

Indeed.

On a related note, I got a new phone and its news feed is constantly recommending video game articles to me. I saw one that said "How to fix Error Code 2002" and my first thought was "You can't."

Well, I clicked it anyway, and the article's solution was "You can't."

Out of curiosity, I did a search and found a bunch of different articles with similar headlines that all pretty much said the exact same thing. I never really got into video game journalism, and, given that it appears to be just a load of clickbait garbage like other kinds of journalism, I suppose I never will.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-06 16:13:29  
I got to call the IRS today about my tax refund. Up until this point, I had just been waiting and waiting; I kept hearing reports that they were hella behind. Upon it turning December, I remembered I still hadn't heard anything. I went to their web site and that's where I found out that they say that they had mailed it April 2nd. Got to complete a "didn't get my check" thing by mail. The robot told me I would hear back by mail within 45 days so that'll be nice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-12-06 16:16:15  
I do wonder how long it will take to return to normal. Right now it's a death loop of people struggling to get in, so once they're in they do whatever they can to not time out, which makes logging in even harder. It hadn't been too bad for me until yesterday when I couldn't get in until 11 pm. Shame, because I'm having a lot of fun just slowly exploring all the new stuff.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 22025 22026 22027 ... 22553 22554 22555