Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21998 21999 22000 ... 22715 22716 22717
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 07:27:28  
Shichishito said: »
you just don't leave a like i guess. this board doesn't have a dislike button either btw.

I heard misuse lead to its removal
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 07:30:08  
Because, lets be frank.

It is not what you say, its all about who you are.

People will happily ignore every single thing you say to support/attack depending of tgeir positions.

Or overstimate/understimate/manipulate thing you say.

Reality ia an illusion. So its words
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 07:32:51  
You kiddos can't be trusted with dislike buttons. It's the right thing to do to remove them.

But, the optics look bad. Bullshitters gonna *** about reasons for "caring" about ability to dislike. You ain't fooling anyone.

And yes, slippery slope and blah blah blah, yup. All the way to full commi cause you can't pretend to dislike a video, the world is ending. we know.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 07:33:04  
Page 21999

Keep going slovs.

22k mark today.

You know what that means?

Nothing, obviously
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 07:41:29  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You kiddos can't be trusted with dislike buttons. It's the right thing to do to remove them.

But, the optics look bad. Bullshitters gonna *** about reasons for "caring" about ability to dislike. You ain't fooling anyone.

And yes, slippery slope and blah blah blah, yup. All the way to full commi cause you can't pretend to dislike a video, we know.

Though, you know, "like" buttom is even more hazardous than "dislike".

We are living in an age of insecuroty. People feel the need of being "accepted" by everyone, to belong to a group, to be "protected".

For that, those people will willingly give up their individuality to follow a "pattern". To defend just the ideas that people "like", regardless how its absurd to the persons own beliefs.

Problem is, none can deny itself for so long. Soon mental breakdowns will occur. And they arent that rare nowaday. Neither are reducing
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 07:43:56  
That is also true. Sad and pathetic. Everything is bleak.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 07:48:09  
But in the end, what goes to youtubers paycheck?

Only videos view, or likes/comment/subs?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 07:48:54  
If we're not tracking the like-to-dislike ratio on a video, then we might as well get rid of likes as well. There have been many times when I've known to outright click off of a video if it's bad enough.

I get it. There are a bunch of people getting dislike-bombed for no good reason. But getting rid of dislikes isn't the way to fix it. *sigh*
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 07:50:27  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
If we're not tracking the like-to-dislike ratio on a video, then we might as well get rid of likes as well. There have been many times when I've known to outright click off of a video if it's bad enough.

I get it. There are a bunch of people getting dislike-bombed for no good reason. But getting rid of dislikes isn't the way to fix it. *sigh*

Welllllllllllll.... no one wants to do the thing that would actually fix the problem........

Lots of options in fact, all great ones, but muh freedumbs and muh capitalisms.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yeah.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-12 08:16:00  
Looking forward to being home from work and getting to start playing SMT V
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-11-12 08:28:33  
some youtubers didn't seem to care wether folks would smash like or dislike as both were apparently positive from the algorithms point of view, it's the interaction that counts. however they might have changed that.

anyway, i read in some countries yt asks for your passport or social security number or some wild ***just to view age restricted videos.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 08:52:23  
The algorithm doesn't care about yes or no, it only cares about engagement.

A like means it was watched, more people should watch this!
A dislike means it was watched, more people should watch this!

And now that they can't dislike they'll leave comments. Guess what!?

A comment means it was watched, more people should watch this!

The smartest thing you can do is NOT click the damn thing in the first place. But it's not about that. Never was.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-12 09:14:33  
Obviously the thing to do is get rid of the dislike bombers.
By Draylo 2021-11-12 09:18:43  
I bet its because all the news media channels are getting bombarded with dislikes anytime they mention the covid vaccine. I suspect a majority is from bots but when people see a large dislike ratio, they come into the video with the idea that it sucks and it probably influenced their opinions. Well. It is a slippery slope, little by little the Facebook overlords are controlling how we respond to media, how we behave and form opinions. Those end of days movies keep coming up with material. There's definitely a bot network going around on YouTube since the 2016 election they must be doing a lot of the dislikes.

I just wanna dislike these videos of all the sheep doing the most idiotic fake acting jobs so they can get social media money and fame. Its crazy the amount of wanna be streamers that flocked to XIV after that WoW movement.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 09:28:21  
Kinda related to this, today i bought a new number to use in my “casual” cell, what is supposed to be the most anonymous possible.

Then when registering, now i need to provide not just my IDs, but even a selphie.

They arent even disguising to steal your personal data anymore.
By Rips 2021-11-12 09:29:14  
Draylo said: »
I bet its because all the news media channels are getting bombarded with dislikes anytime they mention the covid vaccine. I suspect a majority is from bots but when people see a large dislike ratio, they come into the video with the idea that it sucks and it probably influenced their opinions. Well. It is a slippery slope, little by little the Facebook overlords are controlling how we respond to media, how we behave and form opinions. Those end of days movies keep coming up with material. There's definitely a bot network going around on YouTube since the 2016 election they must be doing a lot of the dislikes.

I just wanna dislike these videos of all the sheep doing the most idiotic fake acting jobs so they can get social media money and fame. Its crazy the amount of wanna be streamers that flocked to XIV after that WoW movement.

Yes, you nailed it. People are so fake on YouTube and jump onto the next band wagon to make a buck.

On one hand, I can’t blame them. I respect a hustler. On the other, you’re fake. You’re not into FFXIV, you’re into the money you’re going to make for the video. If you were into FFXIV you would have been here earlier.
By Draylo 2021-11-12 10:25:55  
We need politics section back!
By Rips 2021-11-12 10:37:01  

We so don’t. We’re a little happy family here - always fighting as it is.
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2021-11-12 10:42:55  
We got rid of [-] eons ago. Twitter never had a negative button in the first place. The model works just fine.

If I ever bring P+R back, it'll be with a whitelist of who can post in there, just to *** with the people who couldn't behave.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 10:45:02  
That would be hilarious. HOWEVER you better have the mods come on more than once a month cause that's how you get ALL the socks. Doesn't feel worth it, even though comical.
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2021-11-12 10:48:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
you get ALL the socks

1) Yeah because nobody socks now

2) That's why it's a whitelist. The default being denial means no amount of socks will help.

Anyway, I'm not going to do that, because the politics mutants have already stolen enough of my joy and free time, they don't get any more. If I actually carved out the time and energy to do real work here there's bigger problems to fix.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 10:53:12  
I mean that with politics being on the table again, regardless of where it is those socks won't be in the P&R section. They'll just see game on.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-12 11:12:28  
Pantafernando said: »
But in the end, what goes to youtubers paycheck?

Only videos view, or likes/comment/subs?
The algorithm rewards engagement.

So the YouTuber still gets a massive paycheque with their video plastered everywhere whether it’s a million likes or a million dislikes because engagement gets more YouTube ads viewed, regardless of if the person is happy or salty while watching.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 11:13:03  
Idiot Boy said: »
We got rid of [-] eons ago. Twitter never had a negative button in the first place. The model works just fine.
The thing I agree with removing a dislike button, especially on forums like this, are that a lot of people use it as a way to instantly disagree with someone or say they're wrong. But with the absence of one, it fosters discussion.

Having thought about it, that's probably the same case for YouTube. Rather than using the like/dislike bar as a way to gauge if a video is worth watching, it's more valuable just to spend an extra few seconds going down into the comments section to see what real opinions people have on it.

My only gripe is that it was a quick, one-glance way to see if it's the video I was looking for and not some sort of awful, distorted clip or like YTP or something. In before troll videos with eardrum-bursting sounds and jump scares at 3 seconds in become a thing. lol
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 11:16:57  
Idiot Boy said: »
Anyway, I'm not going to do that, because the politics mutants have already stolen enough of my joy and free time, they don't get any more. If I actually carved out the time and energy to do real work here there's bigger problems to fix.
Yeah... I don't know why people want to discuss politics on here anyway. This is a FFXI forum. Why do we need politics on here when folks could just as easily create a Discord channel or something.

Just because the mods here don't allow it (and I don't blame them) doesn't mean you can't vent your political beliefs elsewhere, even to the same people.
By Draylo 2021-11-12 11:39:12  
It was just some fun, just like people post here all the time about non XI related stuff, theres no harm in discussing topics with people who play or played the same games as you. I'm sure its a headache to moderate though so I guess it is what it is.

Having thought about it, that's probably the same case for YouTube. Rather than using the like/dislike bar as a way to gauge if a video is worth watching, it's more valuable just to spend an extra few seconds going down into the comments section to see what real opinions people have on it.

Problem with that is Youtube is heavy on comment moderation, and of course the uploaders of the videos will delete any and all opposition to their viewpoints or content, so it looks like a bunch of sheep patting each other on the back. If that is the society you like then sure, its a positive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-12 11:43:54  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2021-11-12 12:13:51  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

Speaking of Youtube and dislikes...I do see those on a rare occasion on my stuff. A couple of months back I embarked on this project to transfer all my music-related stuff from VHS to digital and upload them to Youtube...so I could throw the tapes out. I had/have 200+ VHS tapes with stuff starting from 1985 through the early 2000s. All varying quality depending on the source, but nearly all likes...just the few haters here and there lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 12:56:01  
I miss when Winnipeg used to just be cold as hell. At least back then when we'd get snow it was light and fluffy. More and more we've been seeing that wet stuff like on the coasts.

They've already had to emergency adjust climatic data a couple of years ago in October when we had like 60 psf snow that caused millions in damage. We just got hit like that again overnight and are expecting another 4 consecutive days just like that. Gone are the days designing roofs for 32 pounds of snow lmao
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-12 13:07:20  
Pounds per square foot?

Either you use kilograms or washing machines per mile, come on
You never go half American!
First Page 2 3 ... 21998 21999 22000 ... 22715 22716 22717