Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21923 21924 21925 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-08-09 12:57:03  
Rips said: »
Anyone here an ex-smoker?

I'm trying to kick nicotine and I'm ready to fight everyone.

Apparently cravings last 3 months, but I don't know if I can be in this mood for 3 months.
I'm actually GLAD to hear this. The "quitting smoking sucks" commercials drove me back to smoking with self-righteous RAGE. It doesnt *** suck, it's IMPOSSIBLE.

Ppl who just decide to quit, are posers and never really smoked anyway imo.

If the rage gets to ya, know you have a brother-in-smoke that's ready to tear down ***with ya.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-08-09 13:21:11  
Just think whos the boss: you or your urges?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-08-09 13:28:51  
Pantafernando said: »
I 100% like this comment, BUT too bad logic is the farthest thing from my mind when I quit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-09 13:30:44  
Given what an addiction is on a biological level, my money's on the urges. Like Negan said, unless you were a super casual smoker who never really caught the addiction, it's virtually impossible to kick it without help.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-08-09 13:38:54  
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-08-09 13:47:32  
Now being serious, while hard, i do think human being can achieve a high lv of control of its mind, thus managing to accept/believe/do what they consciously want.

But obviously its not a casual effort but a quite large set of mental practices so you can induce it to believe what you want to believe.

First thing to do is actually want something. Second is looking by yourself what mental tricks/tactics you can use. I do know some but im sure its more effective if you look for some and actually believes some tactic can work.

Well, but i fully agree thats always easier to say something than to live that thing. The only thing i feel like an addiction to me is drinking coke i guess. I did had some intervals when i could stop drinking it but substituting for other sweet drinks or even drink more water than needed.

Though, as i wanted to stop drinking coke because i wanted to lose some fat, i ended coming back to coke because i could reduce carbs from other sources so i did achieve my goal despite not stopping drinking coke.

BUT as i used to drink 1L+ per day, nowaday i can limit it to one or two cups at most. So thats another tactic, reducing first to mitigate the side effects.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-09 13:56:03  
Well said, Panta.

In my peak FFXI years I gained considerable weight. Actually, my motivating factor was my neighbour who was born with type-1 diabetes. Like really bad, one of those people who needs a bunch of needles every day. But he's always super active. I thought how he would do anything in the world to cure himself of it, but he didn't have a choice. It made me realize that I was really on the path to getting type-2 myself, but I did have a choice.

I cut out the soft drinks and family-sized bags of potato chips and started working out. I even learned to skirt around my physical disability by freezing my hands and feet before I did anything. Really easy in Manitoba. Stick a bucket of water outside for about 10 minutes and there'll be a nice inch-thick layer of ice on top. I'd jam my feet through the ice, throw on some shoes, and run on the elliptical trainer until they'd warm up
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-09 15:34:42  
Always found it much harder to start doing something than stop. There's nothing easier than NOT doing something lol.

Soda was honestly the easiest thing ever to give up. Getting to like water as water was very hard though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-09 15:39:59  
Its a hell of a hard start thing, water. I don't think it ever goes away either lol.

If I drink too much tea or juice, that wall of "I hate this" hits as soon as its water time again (but dissipates fast) And we're going on 20 years, so I'm pretty confident in that.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-09 16:00:15  
If I ever drank water they would kick me out of the W. C. Fields fan club.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-09 16:01:57  
Starting on Delve NM figures, something off about the Tojil not sure what.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-09 16:05:46  
Besides the hands?

head seems small proportionally
By Draylo 2021-08-09 16:13:08  
I had sent his casting pose as a reference, seemed close but I think the tail is short and maybe off on the head

By Shichishito 2021-08-09 16:55:47  
went from cola to apple juice soda to just soda or water. there is a adaption phase but afterwards it's just a matter of habit what you drink.

imho if you want to break bad habits you need a strategy. first you'll want a alternative, not sure what that could be for smoking, maybe carrots, maybe chewing gum, something to keep your mouth busy. then if you have the urge for that habbit cause your brain is focused on the high take a moment and conciously think about the low. for example the sadness when you devour that last piece of choclate.
if the urge persists think about the longterm consequences like diabetus, lung cancer and the drastic reduction in live quality and expectation that come with it. makes it easier to reach for the alternative.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-09 17:36:46  
Shichishito said: »
went from cola to apple juice soda to just soda or water. there is a adaption phase but afterwards it's just a matter of habit what you drink.

imho if you want to break bad habits you need a strategy. first you'll want a alternative, not sure what that could be for smoking, maybe carrots, maybe chewing gum, something to keep your mouth busy. then if you have the urge for that habbit cause your brain is focused on the high take a moment and conciously think about the low. for example the sadness when you devour that last piece of choclate.
if the urge persists think about the longterm consequences like diabetus, lung cancer and the drastic reduction in live quality and expectation that come with it. makes it easier to reach for the alternative.

I'm far from completing it, but a friend of mine 20 years ago had the best quitting smoking tool I've seen to this day. He cut a McDonald's straw to the length of a cigarette, and then used that to sate the oral and tactile fixations. If nothing else, its cut how much I smoke in about half. My old friend was able to use it to quit completely, and hasn't returned to it still.

Anyone who smokes is so far from being concerned about cancer or heart disease that talking about it with them is a complete waste. We know what we're doing to ourselves, and have come to the conclusion long before you (or someone who shares your feelings) tried to "save" us that we're ok dying a few years early vs giving up the habit.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By mhomho 2021-08-09 18:01:13  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-09 19:06:18  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Anyone who smokes is so far from being concerned about cancer or heart disease that talking about it with them is a complete waste.
i'm not saying someone should persuade you to quit, if the person doesn't want to quit themselfs it's not going to happen.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
We know what we're doing to ourselves, and have come to the conclusion long before you (or someone who shares your feelings) tried to "save" us that we're ok dying a few years early vs giving up the habit.
i'm not even sure if a addict can think it thru.
imho they don't, they relativize, find escuses why not to quit and supersede. most if not all of them will have second thoughts but unfortunately not until sideffects and consequences already caused a steep drop in life quality. it's not so much the dieing part you should worry about, we all have to die, it's how much more awfull the last couple of years are going to become, because you didn't quit.
By Josiahafk 2021-08-09 19:50:52  
Shichishito said: »

Sparkling water is a lot healthier for you than all of those, but hard to find a tasty brand you like since there are 100’s now

One specific one is my fav and could drink it forever

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-08-09 20:25:54  
This reminds me, my old comp sci professor used to say: "Not buying them doesnt work?", when I'd tell him I cant quit. xD
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-09 20:34:16  
it's like, have you tried just not doing it. I mean it's an extra task added to your life, just don't do it, easy peasy.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2021-08-09 20:40:05  
Freehugs said: »
sparkling water is healthier than normal water? :O
Yup! The bubbles promote good digestion and bowel action~

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2021-08-09 20:50:29  
too bad it tastes like garbage. ;;
Just try a better flavour next time! Some are perfectly balanced
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-09 22:23:15  
sparkling water is healthier than normal water? :O
Nope. Carbolic acid. Comes with carbonation.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-10 01:14:55  
That'd be carbonic acid, lol. If it were carbolic acid the people drinking a case of soda a day would be dead. Carbonation is completely inert to a human body.

Also...

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21923 21924 21925 ... 22712 22713 22714