Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21734 21735 21736 ... 22632 22633 22634
By Jetackuu 2020-11-02 13:42:38  
Daddy Rooks™ Whipping it out this morning.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-11-02 13:57:22  
Jetackuu said: »
We might have differing opinions on what that phrase means.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-11-02 13:59:06  
Idiot Boy said: »
Jetackuu said: »
We might have differing opinions on what that phrase means.
lol, just goofing off, keep it real.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-11-02 15:20:18  
Well I got the chair and now I know why $1000+ office chairs exist
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2020-11-02 15:26:35  
Time to get Rooks a clone to deal with AH stuff while the real Rooks get over busy week stuff? /think
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-11-02 15:28:06  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
So nintendo usually sends you like, 30% off coupon on games on the first day of your birthday month, and well... now it's just free banners/wallpapers?

getting old sucks, thanks nintendo for the reminder
1, Getting old is NOT for wimps.

2, Getting old beats the **** out of the alternative.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-11-02 15:54:14  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
So nintendo usually sends you like, 30% off coupon on games on the first day of your birthday month, and well... now it's just free banners/wallpapers?

You clearly have bias towards living! Trust me, dying young is great and full of benefits including
-no old age pains
-no stress with pensions or Social security or retirement plans
-no mid life crisis
-no multiple decades of impending mortality and dread seeing people you care about going first

Vote yes on prop 22: dying young in 2020
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-11-02 15:55:30  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

You clearly have bias towards living! Trust me, dying young is great and full of benefits including
-no old age pains
-no stress with pensions or Social security or retirement plans
-no mid life crisis
-no multiple decades of impending mortality and dread seeing people you care about going first

Vote yes on prop 22: dying young in 2020
Its WAY too late for me to die young...
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-11-02 19:12:38  

Happy early/late/today Birthday at least
[+]
By Draylo 2020-11-02 22:13:32  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

How do you like it? No issues with the neck?!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-02 23:35:41  
It's an incredible watch. But ultimately it will bunch panties, so, nevermind.

For the two people that would probably enjoy it, maybe I'll just pm it to them instead.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ashleyz 2020-11-03 00:51:39  
The picture is beyond true, as a First Nations woman I have seen my family members get less than adequate medical care for their health conditions. My sister was held in a U.S. rural hospital for a stroke and not transferred to a level 1 stroke care center due to the rural hospital's need to get enhanced rural reimbursement rates. In other words, my sister suffered so a rural hospital could collect additional funds even though a level 1 stroke center was only 26 miles away. I also advocated for my father as the Canadian healthcare system fail him and let his foot injury become septic. As with the Canadian healthcare system, people are often dismissed until the medical problem becomes so problematic it it becomes emergent. As a result, my father was transferred to Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria, spent 2 weeks in hospital with IV antibiotics, went home on IV antibiotics for two additional weeks, and almost lost his foot due to the racism disparages in Canada.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-11-03 00:57:59  
Ppl don't realize how 3rd world rural America really is. And I can't WAIT to get some of that awesome Canadian healthcare here in America!
[+]
By Josiahafk 2020-11-03 01:14:21  
Ashleyz said: »
The picture is beyond true, as a First Nations woman I have seen my family members get less than adequate medical care for their health conditions. My sister was held in a U.S. rural hospital for a stroke and not transferred to a level 1 stroke care center due to the rural hospital's need to get enhanced rural reimbursement rates. In other words, my sister suffered so a rural hospital could collect additional funds even though a level 1 stroke center was only 26 miles away. I also advocated for my father as the Canadian healthcare system fail him and let his foot injury become septic. As with the Canadian healthcare system, people are often dismissed until the medical problem becomes so problematic it it becomes emergent. As a result, my father was transferred to Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria, spent 2 weeks in hospital with IV antibiotics, went home on IV antibiotics for two additional weeks, and almost lost his foot due to the racism disparages in Canada.
We’ve been fighting hard for years in Manitoba too, so much racism in the health system.

I’m Ojibway and my sister is Métis and you would be shocked how much both the RCMP and provincial government treat medical issues for the reserves here.
[+]
By Ashleyz 2020-11-03 01:14:52  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Ppl don't realize how 3rd world rural America really is. And I can't WAIT to get some of that awesome Canadian healthcare here in America!
Trust me with Indigenous Health in Canada, you would rather have a private healthcare insurance policy that will reimburse at a higher rate so you get a better rate of care. To put this into perspective, my husband needed brain surgery to remove an invasive tumor. Note: this is prior to the Affordable Care Act, my healthcare insurance paid for 95% after a $400 deductible. The total cost of $280k worth of services including surgery only costed my family $400 out of pocket. Today, this insurance policy doesn't exists; however, if it did it is too expensive for most families to afford. I am thankful that our medical emergency happened prior to ACA or we would not have been able to afford my husband's surgery.
[+]
By Ashleyz 2020-11-03 01:30:08  
Josiahafk said: »
Ashleyz said: »
We’ve been fighting hard for years in Manitoba too, so much racism in the health system.

I’m Ojibway and my sister is Métis and you would be shocked how much both the RCMP and provincial government treat medical issues for the reserves here.
Wow, my husband is Metis and don't even get me started on the RCMP. My father was subjected to 12 years of residential school and the RCMP were the entity that intimidated the family to sign over the kids to the schools. At age 7 years old, my father was taken from the Cowichan Valley and subjected to 12 years at St Catherine's in Mission BC. To this day, he still endures the memories of the physical, sexual, and psychological abuse of that place. After he left the schools, he ran way to the United States and raised a family there. He always feared that the Canadian government would steal his kids so he would always check the "white" boxes on all of our government and school boxes. The government of Canada offer reparation; however, no amount of money will ever undo the injustices of the Indigenous peoples of Canada.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2020-11-03 01:31:06  
The only one of those off-brand Dr. Peppers I'm familiar with are Dr. Thunder and Dr. K. Maybe I should pay more attention to off-brand soda...

Also wowza at those hospital horror stories Ashleyz :(
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-03 02:52:52  
I really, really wish some Americans would goto a country with free health care and experience how it really is. All you get is rose tinted stories of buttercups and rainbows in the US.

It's good for minor stuff but it's really not great at all if you have anything serious or something that is hard to disagonose. In the UK almost everyone with money pays private, and the people with a lot of money...goto the states.

The wait times, the total lack of choice, the complete abuse of the system. It's hard to get checks done, it's hard to see a doctor at all and very often the way it goes is that something is allowed to fester till it becomes so serious they have to deal with it or it no longer requires 3-4 tests that cost them a lot of money and by then it can be too late.

Even the GP will sometimes say "can you afford to pay for a private scan, i think this should be checked sooner rather than later" and if you can't you're waiting 3 months. You know how bad it is to wait 3 months if you have a suspected cancer? You know what kind of mental anguish you go through waiting 3 months in this situation?

People need to stop with this grass is greener nonsense, every nation has problems and nowhere is a utopia.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-11-03 08:41:04  
Asura.Vyre said: »
The only one of those off-brand Dr. Peppers I'm familiar with are Dr. Thunder and Dr. K. Maybe I should pay more attention to off-brand soda...

Also wowza at those hospital horror stories Ashleyz :(
the "big k, Dr. K" is Kroger brand.

Dr thunder I believe is Sam's brand.

I think Pepsi distributes dr wham now in some markets.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-11-03 09:05:48  
If you can live long enough to land on medicare the American health care system is great.

Until then it sucks the big green weenie.

I often had "health insurance" before I retired. I was never able to see a Dr. for a routine checkup. Had I ever gotten seriously ill I would have been covered. I think.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-11-03 09:46:17  
Draylo said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

How do you like it? No issues with the neck?!

Haven't experienced anything yet but I'll let you know if I do. So far it has been pretty great once I dialed in some comfortable settings
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-11-03 11:12:40  
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat