Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21721 21722 21723 ... 22636 22637 22638
By Jetackuu 2020-10-08 09:43:08  
hmm, naughty lights, interesting concept
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-10-08 09:45:34  
Xaander said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
We didn't have DARE when I was a kid. I had to learn about drugs on the street.

Didn't have sex education either. Likewise.
Did you find that a better alternative? I've seen reports suggesting DARE was a huge failure in general, but I'm curious if you wish you had been taught it in school instead.
How can I? I graduated HS at 15 in 1959. I discovered greenwich village and beatnicks the same year.

But it doesn't really mater. I am a science geek and truly like researching stuff. Including, when I was young, drugs. So if the anti propaganda came from live cops instead of newspapers I would still have done due diligence research.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-10-08 09:48:24  
Jetackuu said: »
They really should crack down on the forced obsolescence, it's good for the companies but bad for literally everything else.

As for video cards: they're all insanely overpriced now, there's no budget ones and it's a shame.
It isn't forced obsolesce, its planed obsolesce.

Its also marginally more useful than longer, lower, wider with tail fins.
By Thunderjet 2020-10-08 10:02:41  
RadialArcana said: »
Balders gate 3 looks pretty good, waiting for final release though.

Paying full price for an early access game, that's full of bugs and missing content seems kind of stupid to me.

YouTube Video Placeholder
still a great game from what i saw from streams, and 20 hours for chapter 1 come on that is worth it.
By Jetackuu 2020-10-08 10:03:11  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
They really should crack down on the forced obsolescence, it's good for the companies but bad for literally everything else.

As for video cards: they're all insanely overpriced now, there's no budget ones and it's a shame.
It isn't forced obsolesce, its planed obsolesce.

Its also marginally more useful than longer, lower, wider with tail fins.
A distinction without a difference.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-08 10:36:53  
Planned obsolescence is infuriating, and once you understand all the variants of it you start seeing it everywhere. Government should make laws to protect customers against it honestly, at the very least they should be forced to state on the packaging they used inferior materials on the product (or container it comes in) to lower the lifespan of the product.

Also tech companies should not be allowed to damage your products with "free updates" either, mobile phone companies are notorious for it. Microsoft are starting to get really annoying with it lately too, pushing companies to purposefully make new games incompatible with older operating systems.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-08 10:58:58  
Welcome to capitalism. There's no money in products that don't break.

Lowest bidder, cheapest labor, highest profit etc
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-08 11:00:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yeah, tell that to appliances, where people upgrade them for better efficiency and value, not because of quality and breaking often.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-08 11:20:56  

Lowest bidder, cheapest labor, highest profit etc

Capitalism isn't the problem, a lack of proper regulation is.

Anything can be bad if it's not properly controlled.

Companies should not be allowed to make a container for a deodorant with quickly rusting materials, that leave rust rings and make your clothes dirty when you put them all in your sports bag. They only do it because they want you to throw it away and buy a new one.

Companies should not be allowed to force you (or con you) to download updates to your mobile phone that you think are good, but that are custom made to make it run slower so you buy the newer product. They all do this. If you buy a new mobile, the first thing you should do when they bring out a new product line is turn off updates, cause they gonna get you.

Companies should not be allowed to stop you changing batteries in things, or stop you fixing a product (hi2uapple).

Even stupid things like companies selling you larger bottles of coffee for a cheaper amount, in a container they know won't keep it fresh.

It's rampant.

The problem is, the people who make the laws don't understand these things and so the companies run wild.
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-10-08 11:25:29  
Tweezers is a stupid word
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-08 11:26:08  
Oh they understand full well, nothing is on accident.

Money paid specifically to them to look the other way / ignore the "problem(s)"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-08 11:27:32  
RadialArcana said: »
The problem is, the people who make the laws don't understand these things and so the companies run wild.
It's not really the legislators who are to blame, it's the bureaucrats who run the agencies that are specifically made to combat this very issue to blame.

Example: Better Business Bureau in the US.

UK doesn't have a equivalent to the BBB though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-08 11:28:35  
Oh they understand full well, nothing is on accident.

Money paid specifically to them to look the other way / ignore the "problem(s)"
That's not capitalism, that's cronyism.

There is a huge difference.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-08 11:59:34  
Symptoms of the problem instead of the whole problem.

The whole problem, make (more) money no matter what. No point getting caught up in details.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-08 12:13:58  
Symptoms of the problem instead of the whole problem.

The whole problem, make (more) money no matter what. No point getting caught up in details.
Is that a problem though?

It's like saying "Breathing Air is a problem!" or "Eating Salad is a problem!"

You do it, I do it, Rooks does it, Josi does it, everyone does it.

You are literally complaining about how well you have it.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-10-08 12:53:37  
James Hetfield once had a sticker on his guitar that said:

DAMM - Drunks Against MADD Mothers
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-10-08 13:28:47  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
"Eating Salad is a problem!"
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Rooks does it
Guess it's time to put "no libel" in the forum rules

Also, just got promoted at work, which is nice
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-08 13:31:17  
Cool.

Now lend me some cash
By volkom 2020-10-08 13:32:03  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-10-08 13:35:52  
Idiot Boy said: »
Also, just got promoted at work, which is nice

Grats, come with more money or more ***to do?
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-10-08 13:42:21  
Pantafernando said: »
Now lend me some cash
I don't work for a bank. Want paid? Better hope you can do some useful ***!

Grats, come with more money or more ***to do?
Both. Still negotiating the ratio of them.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-10-08 13:48:55  
Idiot Boy said: »
Both. Still negotiating the ratio of them.

How bourgeois of you. kudos.
 Odin.Vasche
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Vasche 2020-10-08 14:48:23  
Take care of yourselves. If something isn't feeling right, get it checked out and push for answers. For the past few years, I've been dealing with tingling and numbness in my arms and legs as well as random unexplained pain in my face and teeth. Doctors would either tell me it was all in my head or because of me being overweight.

In December, I had a full body attack of numbness that sent me to the ER with the doctors thinking I was having a stroke. They said that I appeared to be slightly dehydrated and didn't do any testing beyond a quick x-ray of my heart to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack.

I figured that maybe my doctor was right, so I went and started exercising every day and cut out all the bad stuff from my diet. I dropped close to 50 lbs and had been feeling a lot better.

During the last week of September, I started seeing a grey spot in the middle of my left eye that eventually spread to be near complete blindness over a few days. I was lucky that my parents know an ophthalmologist and they were able to see me as an emergency patient. He immediately ordered a MRI that showed lesions on my brain and optic nerve (Optic Neuritis). This is highly indicative of Multiple Sclerosis, which would certainly explain why I've been having these issues.

A series of infusions, a bunch of bloodtests, CT scans, and an MRI later, and I'm hopefully on my way recovering most of my vision in a few months time. It seems to be getting a tiny bit better each day but only time will tell. My face and arms have also been in pain and tingly almost constantly for the past week or so. That one eye doctor with the right symptoms was finally able to get to the bottom of what's been getting me for the past few years. The unfortunate news is that I'm probably going to be dealing with this for the rest of my life and that I'm now over 6000$ in debt with thousands in necessary appointments to come.

If you have something that doesn't feel right, a pain that you can't explain, something that comes and goes, don't let these doctors just blow you off. I do have a gofundme to try and get ahead of some of these bills, but I don't want to post it in here without permission. Sorry for the long rant, just needed a good place to vent and FFXIAH has always been a good place for that ;)
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-10-08 15:07:30  
I’ve been the primary caregiver for someone with MS for 10 years so all of it’s possible symptoms are big red flags for me too. It’s good that you caught it early Bud instead of being 50+

Are they pushing you towards interferon?
By Thunderjet 2020-10-08 15:31:41  
thinking of playing breath of fire 4 on stream not played it in 12 years i remember the game pixels still rock, and some amazing combos, ***pc version has no windowed mode :( *** it mobile bandwith

https://www.twitch.tv/thunderjet232
 Odin.Vasche
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Vasche 2020-10-08 15:35:04  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
I’ve been the primary caregiver for someone with MS for 10 years so all of it’s possible symptoms are big red flags for me too. It’s good that you caught it early Bud instead of being 50+

Are they pushing you towards interferon?

I just have a presumptive from the neuro-ophthalmologist. He said it's like 99% sure, but I have to do a follow up in 4 months with a neurologist to get more scans for a full diagnosis. He said based on my timeline of problems (I'm lucky that I've kept detailed records of every time something out of the ordinary happened) that I have what appears to be the start of typical RRMS, but he can't be the one to diagnose that. I'm just kind of in limbo for the time being.
First Page 2 3 ... 21721 21722 21723 ... 22636 22637 22638