Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21720 21721 21722 ... 22635 22636 22637

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-10-07 13:12:06  
Asura.Memes said: »
Rooks removed my innocent Biden and Pelosi avatar pictures. How is this any more acceptable? NO POLITICAL FACES OUTSIDE P&R??
Rooks was lead guitarist of the Black Metal band "Flying Death Fetus"! So politico is allowed if METAL. \m/
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-10-07 15:09:27  
Rooks removed my innocent Biden and Pelosi avatar pictures. How is this any more acceptable? NO POLITICAL FACES OUTSIDE P&R??
I know you know better than that. If someone had a Trump avatar it'd get removed, too. This isn't a partisan thing.

And yes, I took away your avatar privileges, because I removed the Biden ones, and you didn't take the obvious hint, and changed to Pelosi. You can change your avatar again in 236 days.

How is this any more acceptable?
It's not, and has been removed.

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Rooks was lead guitarist of the Black Metal band "Flying Death Fetus"! So politico is allowed if METAL. \m/
I wrote the songs, too! I never get credit for the songwriting.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-07 15:19:11  
Rooks said: »
I know you know better than that. If someone had a Trump avatar it'd get removed, too. This isn't a partisan thing.

And yes, I took away your avatar privileges, because I removed the Biden ones, and you didn't take the obvious hint, and changed to Pelosi. You can change your avatar again in 236 days.

How is this any more acceptable?
It's not, and has been removed.

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I wrote the songs, too! I never get credit for the songwriting.

Let the FFXIAH community choose his next avatar ?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-07 15:19:21  
....never taunt a good Indian Restaurant for having "weak Vindaloo".

They will get their revenge on your *** next GrubHub order. Figuratively and Literally.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-10-07 15:36:42  
Felgarr said: »
Let the FFXIAH community choose his next avatar ?
His goal is clearly attention, so no.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
....never taunt a good Indian Restaurant for having "weak Vindaloo".

They will get their revenge on your *** next GrubHub order. Figuratively and Literally.
Moral arc of the universe bends towards justice, etc etc
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-07 16:02:58  

You know stuff like this just sets off a chain reaction right?

If you do that, someone else will retaliate against you then others will do it and on and it will become dumb as hell.

Not everything has to have politics rubbed all over it, just have a few things in your life that are free from that stuff.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-10-07 18:43:57  
That's what insane amounts of funding gets you, badly designed programs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-10-07 18:50:09  
Welp have ***all set and ready to move in a week, which is about 5 days before surgery. Going to be a pretty unfortunate end of the month in all
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-10-07 18:53:18  
Freehugs said: »
We didn't have DARE when I was a kid. I had to learn about drugs on the street.

Didn't have sex education either. Likewise.
[+]
By Xaander 2020-10-07 19:03:34  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Freehugs said: »
We didn't have DARE when I was a kid. I had to learn about drugs on the street.

Didn't have sex education either. Likewise.

Did you find that a better alternative? I've seen reports suggesting DARE was a huge failure in general, but I'm curious if you wish you had been taught it in school instead.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-07 19:06:39  
DARE is one of those things that's easy to call a failure. but would the results have been any different otherwise. honestly?

Drug addiction isn't about being cool (now), it's about the objective hopelessness the generation that got DARE faces. It's just bleak and misery and bad news and more bad news, with no end in sight. "lol drugs are bad" but they make life bearable.
[+]
By Xaander 2020-10-07 19:11:52  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
DARE is one of those things that's easy to call a failure. but would the results have been any different otherwise. honestly?

Drug addiction isn't about being cool (now), it's about the objective hopelessness the generation that got DARE faces.

Hard to say. Is it better in some cases to be oblivious? Does not knowing prevent access? Does knowledge let you better enter that world, or avoid it? People seeking something will definitely find it, knowledge or not. But is the knowledge enticing when people realize that's how other people are handling their problems? Depends on the person and situation, but DARE was one of those cases where I wish I knew if it was better or worse for encouraging people to seek access.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-07 19:33:35  
So I mean, this will likely ring hollow, but the real truth of the matter is that the problem is the people. (like always)

It's not that the drugs are out here killing responsible users, it's that there are too many irresponsible people roleplaying "adults".

It does not matter what/when you learned about drugs, but the failures of you as a person and your lack of control. (with the aforementioned caveat that life *** blows for far too many people and it's their only coping mechanism)

If you want responsible adults, you have to make life worth living. How to make people not seek drugs would've been teach them life skills and how to "win at capitalism" so they don't need drugs.
By Xaander 2020-10-07 19:45:20  
If you want responsible adults, you have to make life worth living. How to make people not seek drugs would've been teach them life skills and how to "win at capitalism" so they don't need drugs.

I 100% agree with this part.

It's not that the drugs are out here killing responsible users, it's that there are too many irresponsible people roleplaying "adults".

It does not matter what/when you learned about drugs, but the failures of you as a person and your lack of control. (with the aforementioned caveat that life *** blows for far too many people and it's their only coping mechanism)

This part is where you lose me a bit though. Yeah, some people are irresponsible, but the drugs are a problem. Some people you would call "responsible users" get addicted, especially with how strong the opioids are now. When something has that much power over your brain chemistry, it's really hard for me to completely blame the people for their lack of self control.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-07 20:00:17  
It's a game of percentages.

Knowledge is power - Knowing yourself, knowing the risk, knowing what (drug) does - change the percentages.

You can't teach 10 year olds about nuero chemical reactions and "sucking *** for coke" etc

It didn't provide any actual knowledge, from what I remember, the only take away I got was "don't do it cause I said don't do it" and that instantly invokes "*** you, while I had no interest, now I do"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-08 01:30:11  
American "drug" policy in the 80s was basically about being a Nanny State under the guise of morality. But based on everything I've ever seen in person, combined with historical examples, the fastest way to make something popular is to make it illegal.

"ooh- I wonder why they DON'T want me to do those things...."

Take away the mystery and danger of something, and you at least can take away the "cool" as Eiryl put it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-08 03:37:37  
I dunno why people even care about buying these new cards, there aren't any games worth a damn that would take advantage of them being released anyway.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-10-08 08:11:45  
They really should crack down on the forced obsolescence, it's good for the companies but bad for literally everything else.

As for video cards: they're all insanely overpriced now, there's no budget ones and it's a shame.
By SimonSes 2020-10-08 08:23:41  
RadialArcana said: »
I dunno why people even care about buying these new cards, there aren't any games worth a damn that would take advantage of them being released anyway.

Mainly so they can go to comment/chat section of their favorite youtuber/streamer and write "Playing this on 3080 20GB right now. 4k 90fps." and feel good about themselves.
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-10-08 08:26:37  
Jetackuu said: »
They really should crack down on the forced obsolescence

It's not really forced obsolescence, it's not like the older cards stop working or get less powerful. Practically nothing out there actually pushes modern GPUs to their limit, with one real exception...

As for video cards: they're all insanely overpriced now

...the exception being the crypto miners. GPUs are fantastic for that, so they're what spiked the demand/price at one point, and it just never really went back to "normal".

I wish we could uninvent cryptocurrency.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-08 08:45:23  
Sup

Ive been hearing some recorded radio musics on internet, but those musics becomes unnacessible after 3 months.

So, anyone have a recomendation on any app or program that can record well songs reproduced by your computer/cellphone?

Thanks in advance.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-08 09:04:28  
Balders gate 3 looks pretty good, waiting for final release though.

Paying full price for an early access game, that's full of bugs and missing content seems kind of stupid to me.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jetackuu 2020-10-08 09:31:28  
Idiot Boy said: »
They really should crack down on the forced obsolescence

It's not really forced obsolescence, it's not like the older cards stop working or get less powerful. Practically nothing out there actually pushes modern GPUs to their limit, with one real exception...

As for video cards: they're all insanely overpriced now

...the exception being the crypto miners. GPUs are fantastic for that, so they're what spiked the demand/price at one point, and it just never really went back to "normal".

I wish we could uninvent cryptocurrency.

Hence why I said forced, instead of them legitimately being obsolete. I'm rather pricy to the mining. Just wanted to *** about it. One should be able to get a 4gb gpu for under $200 without it being a total pos. Hmm, I should check some business sites.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21720 21721 21722 ... 22635 22636 22637