Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21715 21716 21717 ... 22571 22572 22573
By Jetackuu 2020-09-26 21:53:51  
Freehugs said: »
Instant ramen again for dinner. Gotta save that money. I'd murder each and every one of you for a hamburger right now though. Just super saiyan.
/tosses leftover steak
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-27 01:36:18  
Freehugs said: »
Instant ramen again for dinner. Gotta save that money. I'd murder each and every one of you for a hamburger right now though. Just super saiyan.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-27 02:11:21  
Viciouss said: »
And really, it will destroy Amazon.
I just had a look at Prime Gaming, and as a Prime subscriber I think it looks pretty damn good considering it's free with Prime.

I have no idea about Game Pass or Stadia tho, so I'll bow out to you on that.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-09-27 07:16:47  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
considering it's free with Prime

This is what's potentially intriguing about it; the fact that it's not some new account with an extra fee someone has to pay (not yet, anyway). Amazon also doesn't have Google's habit of abandoning projects, either.

I still think it's unlikely to work for a whole host of reasons, but if anyone is going to make headway here, it's probably Amazon.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-27 07:39:51  
Idiot Boy said: »
Amazon

(probably a repost, but relevant).
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-09-27 10:09:10  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
And really, it will destroy Amazon.
I just had a look at Prime Gaming, and as a Prime subscriber I think it looks pretty damn good considering it's free with Prime.

I have no idea about Game Pass or Stadia tho, so I'll bow out to you on that.

I mean, Prime Gaming is essentially a cash shop for other games, with the occasional free "game" tossed in there, and when I say game, it looks like right now its a Yahtzee game. Other things include 30 mins of Double XP in Call of Duty, 30 mins of bonus gold in Red Dead 2, stuff like that, stuff those games give away like candy all on their own. But yeah, its free with Prime, which also includes their TV streaming service, so why not right?

It doesn't stack up to Game Pass, which gives away full AAA games at the cost of a monthly sub fee ($15 a month, a little higher than Prime). I've said this before, right now Game Pass doesn't seem like all that because its a whole lot of Xbox 360 games + the latest Halo and Gears, and not much else. But that's changing really soon, Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be on Game Pass on launch day. So if you play that series, you dont even have to buy the game on Xbox you can just sub to Game Pass and save money. In the long run, all Bethesda games will come straight to Game Pass as well. But thats years away.

The biggest question Game Pass has is will other big 3rd party studios opt in. So, EA, Activision, Take Two, CDPR, Square Enix, Microsoft isn't gonna be buying those publishers, so how are they gonna convince them to participate? They did get EA to share EA Play with them this holiday, so, old EA games will be available to Game Pass. I'm sure that cost them some money as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-09-27 11:48:53  
If you buy just a few things a month with amazon 2 day/next day shipping it has already paid for itself and everything else included with prime is a freebie tacked on

Even the free twitch sub every month has a value of 5 buckazoids by itself.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-27 14:33:04  
she wants the garthbone
By Draylo 2020-09-27 14:55:13  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
If you buy just a few things a month with amazon 2 day/next day shipping it has already paid for itself and everything else included with prime is a freebie tacked on

Even the free twitch sub every month has a value of 5 buckazoids by itself.

I had no idea, how does that work? I haven't used twitch.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-27 15:09:20  
Starting my Xmen collection, sadly they don't have as many good figures as most franchises. Which is surprising given how popular they are.

Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-09-27 15:26:51  
I mean, Prime Gaming is essentially a cash shop for other games, with the occasional free "game" tossed in there, and when I say game, it looks like right now its a Yahtzee game. Other things include 30 mins of Double XP in Call of Duty, 30 mins of bonus gold in Red Dead 2, stuff like that, stuff those games give away like candy all on their own. But yeah, its free with Prime, which also includes their TV streaming service, so why not right?

Prime gaming != Luna, their new Stadia-ish thing.

Luna sign up

[Edit: it's apparently $6/mo, as opposed to included with Prime, which makes this a much less interesting deal.]
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-09-27 15:55:49  
Luna hasn't actually started yet, and it's just for PC gaming. We will see what publishers participate and to what extent. Their biggest name so far is Ubisoft, who participates with everyone, and then Capcom to a lesser extent. I'm predicting a bust tbh, I doubt publishers will give Amazon any kind of exclusivity deal over Microsoft, a proven commodity that all of them have a longrunning relationship with.

Prime gaming comes with Prime. Sure, why not. Luna is a separate sub fee, GTFO Bezos.
By RadialArcana 2020-09-28 06:44:28  
Some thoughts while bored waiting for an appointment:

If a scientist ever found a way to achieve immortality or a way to defeat natural death (or even vastly prolong life), it would be immediately be silenced worldwide. Because the resulting population explosion would destroy the planet and our resources in a very short amount of time, the only way out of this would be forced mass sterilization. You can't have one without the other. You can't even have it as something only allowed by a very few, because mass unrest would occur.

If a scientist found a way to run engines on water or any similar power breakthrough it would be immediately silenced because it would destroy nations (mostly western and middle east nations, that also means our personal quality of life would go into the toilet), destroy world economies and put vast numbers of people out of work.

If we cured world hunger, populations would explode (mainly in the 3rd world where they have few forms of entertainment except sex) and would devastate the planet or continue to expand until you reached a point you can't feed them anymore anyway. You can't cure world hunger, unless the entire worlds population is educated or proper population control is in effect. Person has 8 kids > 7 die from hunger : end world hunger > 8 kids survive and all have 8 kids of their own > repeat till you reach food exhaustion point or if unlimited food supply via technology > all wild areas are converted to concrete jungles to house this mass increase in human population.

Charities and industries built around fighting something have zero financial incentive to ever actually beat that thing, for example cancer research would lose trillions in funding and all the scientists would be out of work if they actually beat it. These kinds of things should function by amassing huge amounts of money in holding that are only released upon achieving something, not just "working on it". It's kind of like paying a builder per hour to build a shed, he will still be building that shed by the time he retires from old age and you still won't have a shed in your garden.

Linked to the above few things, certain widespread illnesses function as a form of population control. Completely curing cancer would lead to huge increases in population numbers and also a vast increase in the elderly population numbers (in nations like the UK this would devastate the economy due to exploding NHS costs for elder care). As such, there is very little governmental incentive to demand these things ever actually be cured or force charities to actually achieve anything.

Industries that make mass profits from treating something (baldness, colds or whatever) instead of curing it will never find cures for those things. The more we buy into those treatments and the more profits they make, the less chance they will ever cure them and destroy their own mass profits.

The more you argue against something the stronger the support for that thing will become, and often the companies will skew your anger into other avenues to increase that support against you from different powerful activist groups. Very often the greatest way to damage a thing you dislike, is totally ignoring it (at least this applies to products like games / movies etc). The problem is, that most of the people who complain about these things profit from doing so, so they will not ignore them because they need them to exist to make money.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-09-28 09:08:46  
Radial, I have the suppressed plans for the 120 MPG
Carburetor from the 1950s.

They can be yours for the low, low sum of five billion gil....
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-09-28 10:09:43  
wat the actual F there is a FF16 Trailer lol|?
By Viciouss 2020-09-28 10:18:46  
Few pages back, yeah
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 10:23:01  
I'm sad that there isn't more talk of the RX-78-2 moving now. Granted still tethered, but baby steps.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-09-28 10:39:03  
Few pages back, yeah
actually looks amazing

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-09-28 12:29:41  
They really pump out those Yakuza games...
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 12:30:12  
Especially mobile.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 12:48:47  
Mobile Yakuza games.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 13:31:13  
Jet needs more focus, and less apathy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-09-28 13:35:05  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2020-09-28 14:44:46  
I am currently mentally applauding Vyre for not biting at stupid XIV troll baits. That is all.
By clearlyamule 2020-09-28 14:57:26  
Well stuff got crazy overnight but still not evac'd

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21715 21716 21717 ... 22571 22572 22573