Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20873 20874 20875 ... 22708 22709 22710
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-01 09:25:26  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Was thinking to myself
Found your problem.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-01 09:27:16  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Was thinking to myself
Found your problem.
Lol
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-01 09:37:45  
Was thinking to myself
Found your problem.
But you still haven't taken care of it? Talk about useless!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-01 09:44:50  
Was thinking to myself
Found your problem.
But you still haven't taken care of it? Talk about useless!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-06-01 09:48:50  
Was thinking to myself, "I wonder if Direct Hit will affect DOTs? I wonder what the king substat will be in Stormblood?"

Don't quote me on this but I got a gut feeling it won't affect the DoT damage but would affect the initial damage. Time will tell.

Also going back to this comment for a moment

Shield AST having stronger shields than Scholar is already a thing.

In terms of Adlo and the current iteration of the AST kit, AST's Aspected Benefic is consistently stronger than Adlo but when you compare Crit-AB to Critlo, Critlo will win.

Now with the SB changes even Critlo will always be consistently worse than Aspected Benefic in terms of both total eHP and mitigation potential - which is really scary. Combine that with the fact that Aspected Helios will be consistently better than Succor even with Fey Illuminate ( 172 Pot heal + 258 Pot shield = 430 pot eHP vs 180 Pot heal + 180 Pot heal = 360 pot eHP).

So from a mitigation standpoint you're literally only bring SCH for Deployed Adlo and Fey Covenant? E4E is now universal, both Disable and Virus were removed, and both kits have access to a 10% damage down bubble.

If Fairy healing takes another level correlation hit at 70 I can see SCH being pushed right out as well.

... it's scary to think how bad the development team is with healer balance.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-06-01 10:09:37  
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-01 10:16:06  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Was thinking to myself, "I wonder if Direct Hit will affect DOTs? I wonder what the king substat will be in Stormblood?"

Don't quote me on this but I got a gut feeling it won't affect the DoT damage but would affect the initial damage. Time will tell.

Also going back to this comment for a moment

Shield AST having stronger shields than Scholar is already a thing.

In terms of Adlo and the current iteration of the AST kit, AST's Aspected Benefic is consistently stronger than Adlo but when you compare Crit-AB to Critlo, Critlo will win.

Now with the SB changes even Critlo will always be consistently worse than Aspected Benefic in terms of both total eHP and mitigation potential - which is really scary. Combine that with the fact that Aspected Helios will be consistently better than Succor even with Fey Illuminate ( 172 Pot heal + 258 Pot shield = 430 pot eHP vs 180 Pot heal + 180 Pot heal = 360 pot eHP).

So from a mitigation standpoint you're literally only bring SCH for Deployed Adlo and Fey Covenant? E4E is now universal, both Disable and Virus were removed, and both kits have access to a 10% damage down bubble.

If Fairy healing takes another level correlation hit at 70 I can see SCH being pushed right out as well.

... it's scary to think how bad the development team is with healer balance.
Even without beating the crit, you don't rely on crit heals/shields to win, so that's not even worth mentioning. The single target AST shield shits all over adlo because it will be stronger the vast majority of the time and is an instant cast. Noct AST just still carries a stigma, but also, again, people don't tend to double up jobs for prog or raids due to needing the LB to build.

You won't use double AST, because having one AST will negate a lot of the AST vs SCH options, like you can't stack 2 AST bubbles on top of each other for double sexy times. You can stack Sacred Soil and CU though, on top of Fey Covenant. When you run the numbers, AST falls behind at the mitigation even with stronger shields. And more than that, SCH has more mitigation options over time, meaning you get to mitigate more of the fight. Like sure, you could stagger bubbles on AST, but SCH can do the bubble or do Covenant. It can deploy when necessary.

On top of that, the newer SCH abilities seem like they are going to be specialized to make the fairy main heal the tank and let the Scholar and other healer do whatever the *** they want for quite a while. Oh and Chain Strategem is put on the enemy, from what I understand. Shucks to you if you don't want guaranteed 20% crit rate increase for everyone in the party.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-06-01 10:24:32  
Bringing a sch was never strictly about their mitigation options but also that the fairy freed up a ton on healer GCDs to be spent on damage as well as it not having to worry about running out of mp. Ast or whm full time dpsing run dry on mp eventually unless you stack on tons of piety which is part of why sch tends to be the full time dps, even though their direct nuke has been the weakest of the 3 after dots are applied.

Noct shields are strong but they're likely to also dip into over kill which makes the fairy a little more desirable unless your tank is eating everything raw. I haven't looked in depth on the healer stuff but expecting sch/ast will be the go to unless padding parses.

Edit: even on parse padding people would probably still want a sch for stratagem and just keep trying for good ast rng.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-06-01 10:43:57  
I imagine world first meta won't run AST/AST but midcore meta can potentially run AST/AST since mitigation stacking won't be as big of a thing due to usually on-par ilvls with content.

In the end, I think what will determine AST/AST versus SCH/AST is if super stacking every DPS buff under the sun will lead to a higher net gain versus the high Expanded Balance uptime of AST/AST for more consistent damage over the course of the fight.

That or we all end up wrong and the meta somehow becomes WHM/WHM due to high non-mitigatable effects in the raid. LOL *Looking at mechanics that constantly do 80% of max HP damage attacks*

That'd be a ironically funny and scary thought if meta somehow became WHM/WHM. Highly unlikely, but amusing.

The fairy channel - I'm wondering if the fairy starts with a charge when summoned since gaining fairy charge normally seems like a slow process (effectively 30 charge every minute). If it starts with say 60 or 70 charge upon summoning, we may see a Dissipation hitting play more frequently to optimize fairy resummoning.

[edit] I will admit that my thought process and opinion may be biased since I never thought I could get so salty about healer balance but here I am. Not trying to be purposefully stubborn and if I come off as short and abrasive, I apologize.

I didn't think S-E could mess up healer balance anymore than it already has but here we are and it's put me in a very... growly spot. lol.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-06-01 10:45:53  
That or we all end up wrong and the meta somehow becomes WHM/WHM due to high non-mitigatable effects in the raid. LOL *Looking at mechanics that constantly do 80% of max HP damage attacks*
Ast has an 900 potency AoE cure for those.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-06-01 10:48:14  
Asura.Ina said: »
Ast has an 900 potency AoE cure for those.

I was thinking more of if there's a mechanic which does that kind of damage every 20 seconds in the entire arena, lol. That's not something either SCH or AST could handle with their current kits very easily. WHM would just kinda laugh and double stack Medica II and alternate Assize / Asylum with the occasional Cure III. lol.

[edit] Actually you'd probably just be fine with Medica II ticks and N.AST Helios augmented with either Cure III / Assize / Asylum each time it hits when I think about it.

I'd actually be kinda okay with a WHM/AST meta when I think about it since it's the one meta that hasn't occured yet in the series (admittedly there was only a SCH/WHM meta in 2.0 but still)
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-06-01 10:49:56  
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-01 11:50:21  
Dug through old screenshots... hard to believe been playing XIV for 4 years almost already.

From left to right:
Daus, Dameion, Kali, SHiggles' friend, Hanzo, Me, Shiggles

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-06-01 11:55:22  
WHERE DID YOU GOOOO HEADSTRONGGGG
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-06-01 12:06:42  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
WHERE DID YOU GOOOO HEADSTRONGGGG
Forever missed.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-01 12:16:10  
Shiggles
Every time I see this, I automatically think of shingles and pity the poor fool who has it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-06-01 13:08:29  
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-06-01 13:09:49  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Bloodrose 2017-06-01 13:32:18  
Thunder Bay sucks if you're looking for work.
By fonewear 2017-06-01 13:33:04  
Bloodrose said: »
Thunder Bay

You mean Canada isn't the land of milk and honey ? I'm shocked.
By Bloodrose 2017-06-01 13:46:53  
No, it's the land of pancakes and maple syrup.

Geez, get with the memes already!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-01 13:57:31  
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Thunder Bay is always looking for bus drivers usually, something like ~81 cents a mile or ~85 grand a year

Easy worthwhile training for entry lvl driving
Yeah, but that's dollary doos.

Convert it to real currency, it's roughly 31 pesos.
By Bloodrose 2017-06-01 14:02:24  
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Thunder Bay is always looking for bus drivers usually, something like ~81 cents a mile or ~85 grand a year

Easy worthwhile training for entry lvl driving
Yeah, but that's dollary doos.

Convert it to real currency, it's roughly 31 pesos.
3000 and 1 pesos.

benderwashere.jpg

And no, there hasn't been any driver openings for bus drivers in Thunder Bay for 5 years.
By Bloodrose 2017-06-01 14:10:08  
And driving a bus, is not entry level driving, you need a class C or B license for that, which falls under special licensing for passenger vehicles with more than 24 passenger occupants.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-06-01 16:07:39  

More pics under Gameplay > Instanced Dungeons

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood/contents/
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-01 16:50:08  
That is straight up Ilrusi Atoll! I can dig it!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-06-01 17:10:31  
FFXIV: Stormblood - AF Gear Sets (All Classes)

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-01 17:35:24  
DRK and NIN are the winners in my book.

DRG looks terrible. Bless the glamour system.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20873 20874 20875 ... 22708 22709 22710