Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20755 20756 20757 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-16 10:34:42  
Asura.Ina said: »
There is also the odd time where things are slow and people comment on how fast it's going and I'm all /awkwardpenguin
Had this with one of my FC members about a month ago, except it was it was more like.

Me: "This is slow..."
FC Member: "What? This is really fast compared to all my other runs!"
Me: "... we've been in here almost 20mins..."
FC Member: "Yea, usually it's at least 30!"
Me: "... Oh..."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-16 10:46:43  
There is also the odd time where things are slow and people comment on how fast it's going and I'm all /awkwardpenguin

Yeah, I've had those comments as well and I mentally go "...." but just move on. Usually it involves me on healer and I'm topping DPS meters on everything..

Please tell me that's a mass pull where you've popped every CD under the sun and AoE DPSing while the other BRD is single targetting with WM off and no CDs being used >>;..... I have at least a little faith since the fight was only a minute long xD

But yeah, we need a DPS meter.. just so people can see their own progression as a DPS. At least it's explicitly clear when a tank or healer mess up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2017-03-16 11:14:26  
Distantly related question to all of this dps talk.

How do you people set up your ACT to where it looks like the above screenshots? Mine looks like a hot mess usually with the overlay, and I just end up looking at the program window itself.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-16 11:16:07  
my dislike for CS is not the "I want to do damage" "i just wanna heal" factor, but rather with the way things are played, large pulls kill all, most of the time, HP bars fluctuate a lot, which sometimes the split second of toggling up/down could mean someone's death.
and in 24 man raids, (outside of DPS checks like Gate phase in Diabolos) there is always that DPS that needs a heal, or people near myself from other alliances.

idk, possibly a could remove it and increase base damage, of damage skills (or scale them with Mnd instead of int)?
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-16 11:22:33  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Please tell me that's a mass pull where you've popped every CD under the sun and AoE DPSing while the other BRD is single targetting with WM off and no CDs being used >>;..... I have at least a little faith since the fight was only a minute long xD
It was the first pull yes... dot 2 mobs > AoEs. I lost a GCD to singing foes though for what that was worth.

At least it's explicitly clear when a tank or healer mess up.
This is is the biggest reason I would support it personally, not only do you know when a tank or healer messes up but dps tend to be quick to call it out... often time said dps are doing 500-700dps. I can sorta see where yoshis reasoning for not wanting it comes into play but giving no feedback whatsoever hurts the game as well. 2.5s steps of faith was kinda a good example, the dps requirement was by no means difficult to hit but people still couldn't do it. So rather than encourage people to step it up they just nerfed it down which has been a continuing theme with the game >.>.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-16 11:26:25  
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Distantly related question to all of this dps talk.

How do you people set up your ACT to where it looks like the above screenshots? Mine looks like a hot mess usually with the overlay, and I just end up looking at the program window itself.
If you google "ACT overlay plug in" it should come up with links to instructions... it's been a while since I set it up, and it broke and I've been too lazy to fix it again.

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
idk, possibly a could remove it and increase base damage, of damage skills (or scale them with Mnd instead of int)
They had this way back in beta, cleric stance was just a 10% damage increase and I think 20% healing decrease instead of having the stat swap as well and stone/areo/fluid aura used mind. It was kinda op like that though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2017-03-16 11:54:35  
If you google "ACT overlay plug in" it should come up with links to instructions... it's been a while since I set it up, and it broke and I've been too lazy to fix it again.

Thanks, got it setup.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-16 11:55:31  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I wish you could buy more than 10,000 crysta.
That's not even enough for 8 accounts.
#FFXIProblems

When you can't buy enough crysta at a time to keep 8 accounts going at once, because who needs real people in their parties?

Thanks Obama SE
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-16 12:14:59  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I wish you could buy more than 10,000 crysta.
That's not even enough for 8 accounts.
#FFXIProblems

When you can't buy enough crysta at a time to keep 8 accounts going at once, because who needs real people in their parties?

Thanks Obama SE
if they were smart, they would limit the amount of crysta you could buy to exactly 18 characters with 16 mules.

Get that supernerd market on lock
Fixed.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-16 12:45:48  
idk, possibly a could remove it and increase base damage, of damage skills (or scale them with Mnd instead of int)?

I personally don't mind this and you would have to have your attack magic stat scale off MND - it would definitely streamline the healer DPS kit. The few issues that will occur:

(1) Healer's in PvP would become broken again. Not that I mind but that's a consideration the Dev team has to keep in mind since they seem ridiculously intent on pushing their PvP agenda
(2) Since SCH DoTs are technically ACN spells, they'd need to change how ACN damage is calculated for SCH. I don't how hard that is to actually program. Since dagger attack power is a DEX and DEX is tied to attack power, there might be a switch where they can change "MND = Magic Attack Power" stat flag and enable that for all healer Jobs while disabling the "INT = Magic Attack Power"
(3) It would actually make the gulf between "Heal-only" and "Pro-DPS-Healer" even larger and more pronounced - at least the "heal-only" healers could use Cleric Stance as a shield under the umbrella of "I'm uncomfortable". That shield would be pulled out from under them like a rug.

Not to say it's impossible to do, but they'll need to look at the impacts a design decision like that would do. I'd rather they focus more on making healer intensity higher then work on ways on stream lining the DPS kits.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-16 13:19:50  
Faelar said: »
This Shrine where you have to rotate the gamepad is really pissing me off xD

This one?

If so, just flip it upside down :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-16 13:29:21  

This one?

Yeah, that one. I know the trick, it just won't cooperate xD
Is there a way to operate it with the sticks instead of rotating the gamepad?

Not sure to be honest. I haven't played the game myself, I've been watching a friend stream it and that strategy has become so popular that it's almost become a meme at this juncture, lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-16 13:31:35  

This one?

Yeah, that one. I know the trick, it just won't cooperate xD
Is there a way to operate it with the sticks instead of rotating the gamepad?
Nope.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-16 13:54:35  
[+]

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-03-16 14:03:29  
Want.

Masked Saiyan - Mind of Darkness
Extreme.TEQ TUR
Leader: All Types Ki +3, HP and ATK and DEF 50% UP
Passive: When 2 or less enemies on the field, ATK 50000 UP & DEF 20000 UP
Super (Dark Rebellion Trigger): Immense Damage, Lowers ATK and DEF
Super ATK Video: link

Links:
The Saiyan Lineage (Ki +1)
Saiyan Warrior Race (ATK +700)
Brutal Beatdown (ATK +500)
Berserker (ATK +20% when HP is 50% or below)
Over 9000 (ATK +10%)
Prepared for Battle (Ki +2)
Fierce Battle (ATK +15%)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-16 14:29:08  
Leon Kasai said: »
Want.

Masked Saiyan - Mind of Darkness
Extreme.TEQ TUR
Leader: All Types Ki +3, HP and ATK and DEF 50% UP
Passive: When 2 or less enemies on the field, ATK 50000 UP & DEF 20000 UP
Super (Dark Rebellion Trigger): Immense Damage, Lowers ATK and DEF
Super ATK Video: link

Links:
The Saiyan Lineage (Ki +1)
Saiyan Warrior Race (ATK +700)
Brutal Beatdown (ATK +500)
Berserker (ATK +20% when HP is 50% or below)
Over 9000 (ATK +10%)
Prepared for Battle (Ki +2)
Fierce Battle (ATK +15%)
Wait, that card's KI meter is at 100% at 2 KI, but has a leader ability of +3 KI.

With all that, that's too broken!
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-16 14:53:09  
(2) Since SCH DoTs are technically ACN spells, they'd need to change how ACN damage is calculated for SCH. I don't how hard that is to actually program. Since dagger attack power is a DEX and DEX is tied to attack power, there might be a switch where they can change "MND = Magic Attack Power" stat flag and enable that for all healer Jobs while disabling the "INT = Magic Attack Power"
Having it scale off whichever is the higher stat might be a thing they could do.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-16 15:18:13  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
Having it scale off whichever is the higher stat might be a thing they could do.
Make it scale off VIT and Accuracy! JUST BECAUSE!
[+]
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-03-16 15:20:30  
piety!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-16 15:22:44  
piety!
"Healers aren't stacking enough Piety, their mp is too low for my liking. MORE MP NOW EQUALS MORE DAMAGE!"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-16 15:31:14  
DEX! Because you clearly have to more dexterous at wielding your Book / Globe / Staff so you can make those intricate hand waving motions more fluidly for MAXIMUM EFFECT!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-16 15:55:35  
STR, cause those heals have to hit the members harder.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 20755 20756 20757 ... 22713 22714 22715