Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20143 20144 20145 ... 22710 22711 22712
By Bloodrose 2016-11-04 06:10:49  
Grumpy Cat said: »
Yatenkou said: »
That's like what I dealt with when I was fighting the flame ghost thing. Both DD's died at 5% and she was about to finish her kill move. Well, the DD's weren't real bright, they were trying to kill the Giddy Bomb which is just a circle AOE that you can dodge, when they should have been focusing on the boss and Grey Bombs. The healer wasn't that good either, trying to run off from the group to open boxes when we were trying to stick together at the very least in groups of twos. To make matters worse, I was saving them so many times because a dead healer is useless, at least a bad healer heals you to some extent.

Needless to say, we barely pulled it off and as the AST was about to leave, we get this little gem

"Jesus you guys suck"

And the entire run they were super nice, then that...I'm sorry if I seem mad, my shoulders are just sore from carrying your ***.

Gross. First off, don't open chests while people are already fighting mobs because mimics and mines can *** your run dead.

Also don't push mobs around (whm and mch wtf) and don't put Garuda on Sic.

Tanks need to learn that their gear doesn't mean ***in there. You can not speed run those mobs and pull an entire floor.

It needs something though for like "your party has no DD or all DD, would you like to requeue?" or remove penalties for leaving. That ***was okay floors 1-50 but so far it just doesn't work for 51+ in my experience.
I just did floors 61-100 with all DPS/tanks. The only trying run was the final set of floors, with a useless *** warrior tank trying to micro manage the entire set of floors, and treating everyone like they were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or something.

Anyways, come boss time, I pop the succubus on floor 100, because that 5 stacks for vulnerability is nice, and she flips her ***on me. I have always done the 5 stacks vulnerability then swap to Kuribu immediately after, or right when the adds start to spawn.

it was a long, and very trying run... and all her aetherpool stats were in the mid twenties...
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-11-04 07:26:44  
Tanks need to learn that their gear doesn't mean ***in there. You can not speed run those mobs and pull an entire floor.
Depending on the floor set you are talking about you can actually depending on the size of the floor if you have a tank + healer... *** warrior has enough self healing to do it without a healer.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-11-04 07:27:37  
That's like what I dealt with when I was fighting the flame ghost thing. Both DD's died at 5% and she was about to finish her kill move. Well, the DD's weren't real bright, they were trying to kill the Giddy Bomb which is just a circle AOE that you can dodge, when they should have been focusing on the boss and Grey Bombs. The healer wasn't that good either, trying to run off from the group to open boxes when we were trying to stick together at the very least in groups of twos. To make matters worse, I was saving them so many times because a dead healer is useless, at least a bad healer heals you to some extent.

Needless to say, we barely pulled it off and as the AST was about to leave, we get this little gem

"Jesus you guys suck"

And the entire run they were super nice, then that...I'm sorry if I seem mad, my shoulders are just sore from carrying your ***.

Gross. First off, don't open chests while people are already fighting mobs because mimics and mines can *** your run dead.

It needs something though for like "your party has no DD or all DD, would you like to requeue?" or remove penalties for leaving. That ***was okay floors 1-50 but so far it just doesn't work for 51+ in my experience.
If a dragoon can solo 51-100 so can a group of 4 dps.
This isn't so much a problem of the matching system as it is a mix of the entry requirements and impatience. People are too willing to do 51-100 with weapons/armor in the 14/20 area answer the lack of health defense and damage *** you over. Even more so when dps arent willing to bring things like potions or are unwillingness to pull more safely.

Same thing goes for speed running. It is perfectly possible to treat potd like a 50/60 speed run but tanks(or the rest of the group) are often under leveled gear wise or don't communicate with their group.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-11-04 07:29:34  
4 dps/ no healer set up is why potions rain from the sky in potd, even if you get a no auto hp recovery floor you should have enough to get you through it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-04 07:33:15  
Lancer 22 and invigorate /get...think I'll stop for now and get b4b some day in the future though cause I feel a bit stuck(I'm 35 on nin).
By Yatenkou 2016-11-04 07:39:38  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Lancer 22 and invigorate /get...think I'll stop for now and get b4b some day in the future though cause I feel a bit stuck(I'm 35 on nin).
If you got a friend who is willing, have them carry you through leves, within an hour you can pretty much get 10+ levels.
By Jetackuu 2016-11-04 07:50:11  
If you got a friend who is willing

ha!
By Jetackuu 2016-11-04 07:51:08  
Candlejack said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Chu Chu said: »
couldn't choose between playing world of final fantasy or 14, then when i tried to log in it said maintence, so world of final fantasy it is

My copy came yesterday, I still need to finish the demo. /isaslacker
*Belches, tosses Jet a beer.*
Where's the whiskey?
By Jetackuu 2016-11-04 07:53:00  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Valefor.Rawry said: »
I don't know what you're talking about!
I'm suddenly greatly interested in what he's talking about...

I've been interested since he said "PM incoming"
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-11-04 07:56:05  

"Jesus you guys suck"

There's apparently a DRG who is solo'ing all of POTD right now, he's made it beyond 110.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-04 07:57:14  
I don't even know anyone on this server, let alone having friends lol.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-11-04 08:19:14  
Ugh, I hated leveling classes in XIV to get cross-class abilities. B4B is like, 34? I had to get it for my NIN and it was extremely boring.
Stoneskin is also 34 CNJ and I needed that on SCH.
But I said *** it when it came to Quelling Strikes (34 ARC), despite being SMN main!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-11-04 08:30:08  
lnc is pretty dull before you get full thrust since to max out your damage all you do is keep heavy thrust up and spam impulse drive lol.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-04 08:57:33  
I do this by mistake a lot. >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-04 09:18:11  
I'm pondering if trying palace of the ded as jinja. *finding excuses to postpone Titan*
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-11-04 09:28:46  
Palace of the dead is good but because it uses the independent leveling thing you'll be getting dumped with a lot of abilities really fast with out the job quest explaining how to make which ninjitsu... also don't be afraid of titan lol.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-04 09:35:15  
I've done Titan hard too when I used that guy's account to try 14 time ago.
I'm actually more afraid of people than the enemy.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-04 09:36:57  
There's apparently a DRG who is solo'ing all of POTD right now, he's made it beyond 110.

Isn't the difficulty scaled when solo? I had a much easier time soloing on SCH 1-50 than with a group.

I should say instead that if you have 4 INCOMPETENT* DD you should be able to leave. Thing is I have yet to be with a group of 4 GOOD DD that understand things like "we don't have a healer, so maybe we shouldn't try to AoE the room of 10 mobs".

Lately I have seen more and more where people clearly are 100% PotD grown. Tanks with no cooldowns, WHMs pushing mobs all over the place while running with 3 melee classes, ***like that.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-11-04 09:49:49  
I ran into a group a few weeks ago, in 40-50, where "oh we are 4 dps, we should just wipe because this comp doesnt work"
and 3 of them just *** agreed.

damns crubs.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-04 09:53:50  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
damns crubs.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-04 09:58:25  
I've done Titan hard too when I used that guy's account to try 14 time ago.
I'm actually more afraid of people than the enemy.
I know the feeling.

I don't trust randoms unless I'm healer and hold their lives in my hands.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-04 10:04:03  
Just discovered this website, looks like it would have saved me a lot of headaches and paranoia in the past. *bookmarks*
By Jetackuu 2016-11-04 10:05:33  
I usually google isitdownforeveryoneorjustme

But this site looks to be a bit better and apparently ffshrine and photobucket are down, hmm.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-04 10:06:05  
Alley's meeting turned out to not be a big deal. They offered her the option to cut down her scheduled work time in a way that might help her deal with her Lupus better (she tends to be worse off in the mornings). Gave her some options, she can take certain days off or make more days permanent half days, they really just want to try for having more predetermined times she will be out (hard to do with lupus because the pain flare things can be completely random).

She has a lot of options and pretty much has to just stay above 22.5 hours to maintain benefits etc. Plus either way she will still be covered under FMLA.

So I guess my pessimistic paranoia was all for nothing.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-04 10:06:13  
I checked it cause tinypic went down.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-04 10:07:07  
Jetackuu said: »
I usually google isitdownforeveryoneorjustme

But this site looks to be a bit better and apparently ffshrine and photobucket are down, hmm.

Photobucket has been imploding on itself the last few months. Part of the reason all my images in the yoko shrine thread went poof :<
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-04 10:07:45  
PB always sucked really bad, I hate it.

FMLA
*** my life..anally?
By Jetackuu 2016-11-04 10:07:47  
Alley's meeting turned out to not be a big deal. They offered her the option to cut down her scheduled work time in a way that might help her deal with her Lupus better (she tends to be worse off in the mornings). Gave her some options, she can take certain days off or make more days permanent half days, they really just want to try for having more predetermined times she will be out (hard to do with lupus because the pain flare things can be completely random).

She has a lot of options and pretty much has to just stay above 22.5 hours to maintain benefits etc. Plus either way she will still be covered under FMLA.

So I guess my pessimistic paranoia was all for nothing.

This may be my skepticism but sounds like they want to push both of you out but don't want to risk canning her due to her illness. But I'm jaded as hell so take that for what you will.
First Page 2 3 ... 20143 20144 20145 ... 22710 22711 22712