Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19612 19613 19614 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 14:04:14  
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 14:05:31  

[+]
By Draylo 2016-07-10 14:05:44  
Kalila said: »
It's not just a film to some people. To them they messed with something they shouldn't have, and making a trilogy out of it for $

It's called a bandwagon. People are hating on the film nonstop and others join in to look cool or gain subscribers on youtube. Keep in mind ALL of this was done BEFORE THE ACTUAL MOVIE CAME OUT. Nobody has even seen the damn thing and they are creating this much negativity off two trailers, insane. The original movie was NOT the best ever, I've seen so many better movies than ghostbusters. All these people are looking through nostalgia goggles and don't like anything messed with at all, kinda reminds me of people complaining about FFXI and the 75 cap being lifted.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-07-10 14:08:54  
so i watched, 'man of steel' last night, and it was better than i expected. still not very good. i think it should of been about 45 minutes shorter. way too much info about krypton and not enough about discovering powers/being super. however, i can now watch bvs and not feel like i'm missing anything.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 14:10:24  

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-07-10 14:10:41  
Draylo said: »
It's not just a film to some people. To them they messed with something they shouldn't have, and making a trilogy out of it for $

It's called a bandwagon. People are hating on the film nonstop and others join in to look cool or gain subscribers on youtube. Keep in mind ALL of this was done BEFORE THE ACTUAL MOVIE CAME OUT. Nobody has even seen the damn thing and they are creating this much negativity off two trailers, insane. The original movie was NOT the best ever, I've seen so many better movies than ghostbusters. All these people are looking through nostalgia goggles and don't like anything messed with at all, kinda reminds me of people complaining about FFXI and the 75 cap being lifted.
It started happening after the press viewing in LA the 8th, where people did see the movie and talked about it. People who signed NDA's didn't say anything except that they saw it, and no reaction.

People who normally sign NDA's can't say anything about it but they are allowed to mention reactions without talking about the movie itself. This is shown with movies like Avengers who have embargos but allow people to post their reactions.

So no, this is a very real reaction from people, and now with embargo lifted and critic reviews starting to come out, it's matching with what people were saying before.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-10 14:12:57  
they messed with something they shouldn't have
*blows raspberry*

I was upset at Burton's Alice in Wonderland, but not so much to go raging all over the internet.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 14:12:58  
Kitty on bard lol

Kali

[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-07-10 14:14:10  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
Oh man, I can't believe I never used Gravity Well before. Set one up, use a Tractor Beam to hold the enemy right in the middle of it, and just watch their health drop. This is awesome.

Looks cool

Can you explore any planets or is it all space stations and ships?
Exploration isn't really a thing anymore since they removed the old system (randomly generated systems giving you ***like "find artifacts from the third Borg dynasty" wasn't up to the standards they wanted for the game), but there's plenty of planet-side missions and a few "adventure zones" like Nimbus III.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 14:14:51  
Oh man, I can't believe I never used Gravity Well before. Set one up, use a Tractor Beam to hold the enemy right in the middle of it, and just watch their health drop. This is awesome.

Looks cool

Can you explore any planets or is it all space stations and ships?
Exploration isn't really a thing anymore since they removed the old system (randomly generated systems giving you ***like "find artifacts from the third Borg dynasty" wasn't up to the standards they wanted for the game), but there's plenty of planet-side missions and a few "adventure zones" like Nimbus III.

That's good, it's such a major part of Star Trek after all
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-10 14:19:06  
Ode to Ambuscade

A-well everybody's heard about the bird
Bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, well-a bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
A-well a bird bird bird, well-a bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, well the bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a don't you know about the bird?
Well everybody knows that the bird is the word
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 14:41:01  
Quote:
Rex, Died a hero, protecting us from a black mamba. His watch has ended, rest in peace my dear friend.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-07-10 14:43:14  

Honestly, as much as people give the game ***for being "too action-oriented" and "not Star Trek enough", I find it does a pretty good job of giving you the opportunity to experience the universe post-Nemesis. It's really cool getting to see the long-term effects the events of the shows and movies has.

Also, the early missions for the new 23rd century Starfleet characters does a great job of capturing the feel of the original series IMO. My only complaint is that they're too easy and there aren't enough of them. :<
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-10 14:45:29  
You had me at space surf races!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-07-10 15:02:59  
There are jetpacks too!

Only available during the summer event though. :<
Hoverboards can be used on the same planet normally, but I don't think there are any races.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-10 15:22:15  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Ode to Ambuscade

A-well everybody's heard about the bird
Bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, well-a bird is the word
A-well a bird bird bird, well-a bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird b-bird's the word
A-well-a bird bird bird, well the bird is the word
A-well-a bird bird, b-bird's the word
A-well-a don't you know about the bird?
Well everybody knows that the bird is the word
There's a radio commercial that plays on the station we listen to at work that has that song in it for some reason. I hate that song.
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-10 15:28:14  

It started happening after the press viewing in LA the 8th, where people did see the movie and talked about it. People who signed NDA's didn't say anything except that they saw it, and no reaction.

People who normally sign NDA's can't say anything about it but they are allowed to mention reactions without talking about the movie itself. This is shown with movies like Avengers who have embargos but allow people to post their reactions.

So no, this is a very real reaction from people, and now with embargo lifted and critic reviews starting to come out, it's matching with what people were saying before.
Ehh, gotta give it to Draylo here, it really started with the Sony hacking incident where an email from Feig was leaked where he pitched the movie and took off more when it was actually announced.

Those people who are actually harassing the cast are just edgelord trolls. I don't think they should've messed with GB but instead of harassing the cast or repeatedly complaining about it in preview/review videos, I just don't go see it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 16:08:07  
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 16:27:45  
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-10 16:34:22  
I kinda miss when games looked like this, it's nice that developers are keeping the style alive

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-10 16:34:27  

Honestly, as much as people give the game ***for being "too action-oriented" and "not Star Trek enough", I find it does a pretty good job of giving you the opportunity to experience the universe post-Nemesis. It's really cool getting to see the long-term effects the events of the shows and movies has.

Also, the early missions for the new 23rd century Starfleet characters does a great job of capturing the feel of the original series IMO. My only complaint is that they're too easy and there aren't enough of them. :<

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-07-10 16:47:37  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
so i watched, 'man of steel' last night, and it was better than i expected. still not very good. i think it should of been about 45 minutes shorter. way too much info about krypton and not enough about discovering powers/being super. however, i can now watch bvs and not feel like i'm missing anything.

I found I liked it better than I expected, also (I had unfairly-and-inappropriately-low expectations, perhaps.) Although I didn't particularly find the Krypton-portions of the story very compelling --or how they kind of ham-fisted the holo-Jor-El into the story--I did particularly like the filming of the action sequences.

I really loved how they visually treated Faora Hu-Ul (the subordinate of Zod)--she really did move like someone who both actually knows how to fight and also suddenly finds out she has super-strength and incredible speed LOL (er, while simultaneously lacking any kind of moral compass to show any mercy to anyone in her way.) ^^ For me, it was like the moment in Disney's Aladdin where Jafar gets his three wishes--it instills a sort of dark joy in the audience of "ok, now we get to see what can really happen..." :p
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-10 17:10:27  
*eats croissant*

And I just realized the irony that I'm eating this after just finished watching France losing the euro cup.
By Wordspoken 2016-07-10 17:39:08  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
*eats croissant*

And I just realized the irony that I'm eating this after just finished watching France losing the euro cup.
What irony? Croissants are delicious. Pour tous!
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-07-10 17:39:50  
[quote="Fenrir.Sc
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
I found I liked it better than I expected, also (I had unfairly-and-inappropriately-low expectations, perhaps.) Although I didn't particularly find the Krypton-portions of the story very compelling --or how they kind of ham-fisted the holo-Jor-El into the story--

the only good thing about forcing it was i got to watch two different robin hoods raise superman.

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
I did particularly like the filming of the action sequences.

this was probably the highlight. there wasn't any real building of emotion, so i didn't get pumped for the fights. they looked cool, but i didn't feel hooked in.
By Jetackuu 2016-07-10 19:09:09  
Star Wars did the same thing with their new movie yet nobody complained.

lol what?
By Yatenkou 2016-07-10 19:12:27  
Jetackuu said: »
Star Wars did the same thing with their new movie yet nobody complained.

lol what?
I think he's referring to Rey.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19612 19613 19614 ... 22712 22713 22714