Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19464 19465 19466 ... 22708 22709 22710
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 09:56:39  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Oh my goddddd it's perfect

Looks like a great platformer
By Ramyrez 2016-06-06 10:02:30  
You know what I'm really waiting on?

A new great Castlevania game in the vein of SotN that doesn't suck.

Obviously Bloodstained is slated for next year and I have high hopes, but man. I miss that style right now and 2017 is so far in that regard.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-06 10:09:07  
https://dogtoothcg.wordpress.com/dear-user-tldr/

Some things are being strongly considered for adoption by the mod community too. A set of python based scripts can be put into mods as a form of DRM. Once a stolen mod file is loaded, it will pop up in-game saying that it is a stolen mod. Afterwards it can be programmed to either shut down the game or cause one's save to become corrupt over time if the warning is ignored repeatedly. Original mod authors can pack the mods as ba2 files to prevent others from unpacking and modifying them and upload the console DRM versions to conventional mod sharing sites while uploading a non-DRM version to Bethesda.Net
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-06-06 10:10:09  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Looks like a great platformer
Game reminds me a lot of Spyro.
Also you might like Kameo if you like these games.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-06 10:15:46  
Ramyrez said: »

Obviously Bloodstained is slated for next year and I have high hopes, but man. I miss that style right now and 2017 is so far in that regard.

Have you checked out Odallus?
By Ramyrez 2016-06-06 10:17:17  
https://dogtoothcg.wordpress.com/dear-user-tldr/

Some things are being strongly considered for adoption by the mod community too. A set of python based scripts can be put into mods as a form of DRM. Once a stolen mod file is loaded, it will pop up in-game saying that it is a stolen mod. Afterwards it can be programmed to either shut down the game or cause one's save to become corrupt over time if the warning is ignored repeatedly. Original mod authors can pack the mods as ba2 files to prevent others from unpacking and modifying them and upload the console DRM versions to conventional mod sharing sites while uploading a non-DRM version to Bethesda.Net

Pardon my ignorance, but is this your post that you linked?

I have to admit I'm exclusively in the "see mod I like, try it, see 1) if it works 2) if I like it in execution" crowd. My ability to adjust and modify content myself is entirely limited to pinpointing which mod is causing me to crash or have problems and then disabling it, crossing my fingers it gets fixed if I like it. Can I ask if there is some manner in which one such as myself can support the betterment of the mod community?

Edit: Also, is there such a problem with console v. PC right now in the mod community? I understand the desire of console players to share in these things, but I would also think if they have any experience with Bethesda games, they'd know that the base (unfortunately-named "vanilla") games themselves often stress consoles to their limits...they must realize mod content is going to be a huge dice roll.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-06 10:21:19  
Grumpy Cat said: »

Have you checked out Odallus?

Was not aware of it at all. Threw it on my wishlist, will check it out when I get home. Looks promising. Thanks!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-06 10:23:52  
Read the comments, look for reports of theft and dont use/support stolen mods or thieves. Report stolen mods and mod thieves. Not only is the widespread use of stolen mods poisoning the modding community, but it also puts your saves at risk as chances are extremely high that the thief did no optimization or adjustment for console and thus instability such as save corruption and game crashes are likely.

Can also spread the word about stolen mods, what to do if you find one, and the risks of using them.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-06 10:26:26  
Can I ask if there is some manner in which one such as myself can support the betterment of the mod community?

Proth may have a better answer than me but you could... ninja'd.

Post a comment on the mod page, usually mod authors I have seen are good to respond if you find an issue, either they or another user will generally help address it. If they don't know there is an issue with particular builds or mod compatibility issues, how can they know to fix it?

Make sure to report stolen content that you see.

If you enjoyed a mod and it is a staple of your gameplay for a long period of time, consider donating a couple bucks to the mod author. These guys are grateful for every dollar they get, and think, if a mod has 20,000+ downloads, if half of those people gave just $1...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-06 10:27:18  
Read the comments, look for reports of theft and dont use/support stolen mods or thieves. Report stolen mods and mod thieves. Not only is the widespread use of stolen mods poisoning the modding community, but it also puts your saves at risk as chances are extremely high that the thief did no optimization or adjustment for console and thus instability such as save corruption and game crashes are likely.

Can also spread the word about stolen mods, what to do if you find one, and the risks of using them.

Well, I'm on PC given my negative experiences with Fallout 3 on PS3, but I guess I'm not entirely clear on how to gauge stolen mods. I tend to go minimalist on mods -- bug fixes, hairstyles, increased legendary rate, etc. -- but in branching out I notice nothing extremely suspicious.

I guess for me part of the issue is I stick with the in-game mod menus/etc.; I've always found the Nexus stuff overwhelming when I just want to dive in.

Eh, I dunno. I should probably just try harder to understand it all and get to know it better, but I'm notoriously lazy about things I do in my freetime. >.<

But...yeah. Everything I've picked up so far seems on the up-and-up? But I've not played with a ton of them either.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 10:29:31  
I tried one of those "have your own house" mods for Skyrim but it didn't work that well but the difficulty/spell/armor/weapon/cloak/graphics mods I have are great

Really appreciate all the work they put into making them
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-06 10:43:00  
I hope someone makes a mobile suit/mecha style gearset for that tank design contest.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 11:27:08  
"I'll post this thing and then go do that other thing right after"

*makes post*

"..what is it that I wanted to do?"

*looks at new open window on browser*

"It had to be some kind of search...maybe?"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-06 12:01:43  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
"I'll post this thing and then go do that other thing right after"

*makes post*

"..what is it that I wanted to do?"

*looks at new open window on browser*

"It had to be some kind of search...maybe?"

...now I'm reminded there was something I was going to order on Amazon but I can't remember what it was.

Thanks ObamaSeha
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 12:09:36  
Zuckerberg was hacked on social media

lol <_<
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 12:11:06  
Quote:
Stuffed Bear
Tabletop
I bet I was chocolate in my past life. I’m a bear, a bear, a bear, a bear.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-06-06 12:12:12  
But are you a Bearllionaire?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 12:12:49  
Quote:
Miniature Nidhogg

Large Garden Pond Outdoor Furnishing A large decorative outdoor pond encircled by mossy stones.

Oriental Deck Outdoor Furnishing A roofed, wooden deck with a Far Eastern aesthetic. Perfect for stoically fanning yourself on humid summer days.

Oriental Wood Bridge Outdoor Furnishing An arched bridge colored brilliant vermillion using traditional Far Eastern lacquering techniques.

These sound nice, hopefully they actually look right
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 12:13:47  
And for Kali

Quote:
Magic Bucket Minion A fisherman's best friend.
Use to summon the magic bucket.

And this for me

Quote:
Twilight over Thanalan Orchestrion Roll Music roll for *Twilight over Thanalan. Use to add to your orchestrion list.

On Windy Meadows Orchestrion Roll Music roll for*On Windy Meadows. Use to add to your orchestrion list.

Whisper of the Land Orchestrion Roll Music roll for*Whisper of the Land. Use to add to your orchestrion list.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-06-06 12:16:50  
Quote:
Miniature Nidhogg

Large Garden Pond Outdoor Furnishing A large decorative outdoor pond encircled by mossy stones.

Oriental Deck Outdoor Furnishing A roofed, wooden deck with a Far Eastern aesthetic. Perfect for stoically fanning yourself on humid summer days.

Oriental Wood Bridge Outdoor Furnishing An arched bridge colored brilliant vermillion using traditional Far Eastern lacquering techniques.

They will look fantastic, but they will clip through everything.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 12:17:23  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Quote:
Miniature Nidhogg

They will look fantastic, but they will clip through everything.

Will probably fit well on a large plot, just need to remove some things
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-06-06 12:18:32  

Banjo... Newie?

... I'm excited.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 12:46:53  

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 12:50:16  
I'm always pretty much on time for appointments.
And I'm also up for improvised ones. Like if someone calls and says "got anything to do tonight? Let's go out" I'm all sure!!

But if we had nothing planned, and you show up and say "be ready in 5 minutes", then I'm telling you to gtfo.
If you wanted me to be ready fast you would have told me in advance, otherwise you wait my *** time.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 12:52:24  
Candlejack said: »
I tried one of those "have your own house" mods for Skyrim but it didn't work that well but the difficulty/spell/armor/weapon/cloak/graphics mods I have are great

Really appreciate all the work they put into making them
Usually for a serious playthrough with mods, I favor using the Thornrock house mod. Not too shabby of a mod, small quest involved to a rarely traveled to spot in the vanilla game to get the key to it, has the bare essentials and display cases in it.

Mine was more of a castle lol
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-06 12:52:40  
http://kotaku.com/overwatch-fans-have-turned-dva-into-a-dorito-eating-gre-1780675814
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-06 13:00:37  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm always pretty much on time for appointments.
And I'm also up for improvised ones. Like if someone calls and says "got anything to do tonight? Let's go out" I'm all sure!!

But if we had nothing planned, and you show up and say "be ready in 5 minutes", then I'm telling you to gtfo.
If you wanted me to be ready fast you would have told me in advance, otherwise you wait my *** time.
My weekend is pretty much, if you don't ask what I am up to by 10PM forget about the next day. When I got to bed I am already making plans for what games I want to play tomorrow.

During the week, now that I'm not serious into any MMOs whatever before like 7.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19464 19465 19466 ... 22708 22709 22710