Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18175 18176 18177 ... 22631 22632 22633
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 13:41:53  
Maybe some of you guys can help me with this:

I want to buy quality speakers to connect to my pc to substitute my radio entirely, so I'm looking for something that doesn't sound like it's playing music in a cardbox(like my current pc speakers), but with a good audio definition that can turn my room into a clubhouse(not really, but you catch my drift). Something midway between intercom and a full dolby(wouldn't wanna go that far).
Anyone who knows about this kind of hardware can point me in the right direction? I'm lost when it comes to chosing these things.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-11-09 16:34:24  
sooo just found theres a official yugioh card game by konami app for smart phones .-.
[+]
By mikuu 2015-11-09 16:42:39  
Ohji Lunartail said: »
sooo just found theres a official yugioh card game by konami app for smart phones .-.

A lot of people still prefer ygopro tho that one costs a lot and doesn't have latest support apparently
By Artemicion 2015-11-09 16:43:50  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Maybe some of you guys can help me with this:

I want to buy quality speakers to connect to my pc to substitute my radio entirely, so I'm looking for something that doesn't sound like it's playing music in a cardbox(like my current pc speakers), but with a good audio definition that can turn my room into a clubhouse(not really, but you catch my drift). Something midway between intercom and a full dolby(wouldn't wanna go that far).
Anyone who knows about this kind of hardware can point me in the right direction? I'm lost when it comes to chosing these things.

Are you looking simply for PC speakers? Most are full-range speakers with built in amps which will suit your needs well enough as long as it has a decent sound signature. I'm using Logitech Z623s which are pretty decent. But if you don't mind buying a few separate components, the best results would come from bookshelf speakers provided you include the amp and speaker wire.

Check out Mica MB42s, they're cheap and fairly strong.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-09 16:47:11  
Kalila said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Hey Drac, Costco has an even larger bear this year. 200 dollars :0

They had them stacked up by the entrance this morning, by 5 they were all gone.
How much for a jumbo bag of peanut M&Ms?
I'm not really sure about the price, probably 6-10 dollars but I could be wrong. I don't really look at the candy section very much.
You're supposed to know this stuff.

Rooks said: »
I think I'm going to modify the profanity filter to turn any post like "No one cares about X" into just a picture of Cletus:

Open to ideas though
Yes.
By Artemicion 2015-11-09 16:48:38  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Can I get a screenshot of graphic settings menu? :3
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 17:09:33  
Artemicion said: »
Are you looking simply for PC speakers? Most are full-range speakers with built in amps which will suit your needs well enough as long as it has a decent sound signature. I'm using Logitech Z623s which are pretty decent. But if you don't mind buying a few separate components, the best results would come from bookshelf speakers provided you include the amp and speaker wire.
What do you mean by extra components?

Really I just want good amps with that characteristic deep clean sound that I can tap to my pc, possibly within the 50€ range(but I'm willing to negotiate if that's too hopeful, I'm not really informed about prices).

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 17:17:21  
For reference I'd rather just have two speakers without a separate woofer. My radio had pretty good deep bass sounds with just its amps so I kinda hope to find something similar(but the poor thing is crumbling apart).

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-09 17:19:26  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Can I get a screenshot of graphic settings menu? :3

No graphics menu but it's basically Skyrim graphics settings with a couple of extras. Performance is awful and it needs a lot of work on both the driver side and engine side to work properly.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-11-09 17:19:43  

I'm not really sure about the price, probably 6-10 dollars but I could be wrong. I don't really look at the candy section very much.

The price might not be accurate anymore though.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-09 17:20:18  

The price might not be accurate anymore though.
$8.99?!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 17:21:07  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
For reference I'd rather just have two speakers without a separate woofer. My radio had pretty good deep bass sounds with just its amps so I kinda hope to find something similar(but the poor thing is crumbling apart).

Bass without a woofer is never as good. No need to replicate a 2.0 system when you can get a better 2.1 for the desired price.
I don't have a lot of space..not near the pc at least. I'm just afraid that three big objects(especially the woofer)might not be convenient for me..

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2015-11-09 17:25:23  
Here's something I'd look into

You'll need to provide your own amp since it's not built in like most PC speakers are, but that'd only run you roughly $20ish USD (sorry, not good at currency conversion), and then a few feet of speaker wire which would be no more than $5-10.

Bookshelf speakers provide plenty of bass power without an additional woofer or sub provided you get one with enough power and a sound signature you like within your price range. But since we're aiming for something relatively cheap, something loud and clean/cheap like what I listed above will more than suffice.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 17:32:23  
These JBL Pebbles
Ok this does not look convincing at all. Whenever I see speakers like these it just makes me think they'll sound no better than any standard pc speaker(which I not very affectionally call intercom).

Here's something I'd look into
That one looks more promising, I'm just perplexed at that wire.
You'll need to provide your own amp
Also not sure at the meaning of this.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 17:34:50  
I'm having some linguistic problems, I thought it meant the same. Isn't there stuff that has it builtin already then?

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 17:36:33  
Yeah I understood those ones...but I said others..
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-09 17:36:36  
I used to have a pair of AR bookcase speakers hooked up to my PC, but I found that I basically never listened to anything of good enough quality to justify not having them elsewhere.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 17:37:14  
I would have to hear them, but they have the audio quality you likely seek.
I don't wanna judge from the size, but I'm gonna judge from the size and say I doubt it.
By Artemicion 2015-11-09 17:37:39  
You'd need a little amp to power the speakers since there's no internal amp (thus no volume control, etc.)

Luckily you don't need anything particularly powerful or expensive to drive these budget full range drivers. Something like this

is only about $20 USD, and will suffice for your needs. All you need in addition would be some speaker wire, and perhaps a Y-adapter for plugging your PC to your amp (3.5mm mini jack > red & white analog composite cables)

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-09 17:40:13  
All you need in addition would be some speaker wire, and perhaps a Y-adapter for plugging your PC to your amp (3.5mm mini jack > red & white analog composite cables)
I'm a simple woman, I need simple things. You made me not want speakers anymore.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2015-11-09 17:43:02  
All you need in addition would be some speaker wire, and perhaps a Y-adapter for plugging your PC to your amp (3.5mm mini jack > red & white analog composite cables)
I'm a simple woman, I need simple things. You made me not want speakers anymore.

It's not too difficult, I promise. It sounds really intimidating and imposing when I list them over text like this, but it verily is quite simple. But if you just want something straight to the point and has a built in amp that you just plug in and play, then perhaps something like this would better suit your needs.

First Page 2 3 ... 18175 18176 18177 ... 22631 22632 22633